Chapter 8 - Small Preparations

Everything About Us
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The first thing Jiwon thought about doing after arriving home was call Kyungsoo. It was true, what she told the boys earlier, that she had to help her best friend in sorting out everything for the launch of his brand in Korea, but right now she had another reason to talk to him.

It would be a lie if Jiwon said she was not irked by Junmyeon’s dumb idea a while ago. It certainly rubbed her the wrong way when the CEO even thought about letting her wear his fiancée’s ring. The matter might’ve sound petty to anyone else, but it was a big deal for her. She had agreed to go along with this sham wedding because it was beneficial for both of them, but she definitely did not sign up for settling for anything else that was not originally meant for her.

She was not even asking for too much, now that she thought deeply about it. After all, an engagement ring is practically a necessity for their plan. The wedding dress too, since she would not be caught dead wearing someone else’s gown as she walk down the aisle. As for the decorations and theme and everything else that comes with preparations, she couldn’t really care less about those.

Speaking of wedding dresses, she already knew where she’ll get one.

After a few rings, Kyungsoo answered the call and gave his usual greeting of ‘What do you want?’

The heiress rolled her eyes at the opening statement. “Do I only call you whenever I need something?”

“Do you even have to ask?”

“That is so not true. I call you whenever I miss you,” she defended, but realized that she really does need something this time. “But you’re right, I actually need a favour from you, Kyungie.”

“And that is?”

“I need a wedding dress. And to give you a heads up, the wedding’s in three weeks.”

Junmyeon did not announce the exact date of the wedding next month at the press conference so she had to ask him about it while they were at Chanyeol’s place today. It was safe to say that she had a slight panic episode when she learned that she was exactly only three weeks away from tying the knot with a guy she barely knew, but managed to pull herself together when she remembered what they were doing this for.

“Are you out of your mind?” Jiwon suddenly remembered she was still on the phone with Kyungsoo. “I can’t whip up a new dress in three weeks’ time, it’s not enough. I’m not fairy godmother, I can’t just go bibbidi bobbidi boo and make everything appear out of thin air.”

“Well then, don’t make a new one, I’m fine with any of the pieces you made for your exclusive bridal collection last spring.”

Kyungsoo sighed in defeat. He’d very much be willing to make a new design for his best friend, but three weeks is a relatively short time to finish everything, what with several other pieces he needed to complete on deadline.

“Are you sure?”

“Of course I am, Kyungie. I love those dresses you designed.”

“Fine. Which specific dress from the collection do you want?”

“You can go ahead and pick for me. I trust you.”

And she really does. For all the years they’ve been living together overseas, she had been Kyungsoo’s personal doll, wearing and trying out the clothes that he makes. To her constant delight, there’s not a single garment that she does not like every time Kyungsoo dresses her up.

She knows she can just count on the other to choose a wedding dress for her as well this time.

“I’ll take care of it, don’t worry.”

“So…you’re really giving me a dress for my wedding?”

“What do you mean ‘give’? Nothing comes for free, woman. Wire the money into my account.”

“Wah. I see this is what our friendship comes down to,” Jiwon said, faking shock at being charged. But in reality, she did not mind paying for the dress. Business is business after all.

“There’s no such thing as friends when it comes to business. Stop being stingy and cough up.”

The heiress laughed, and once they had settled everything about the wedding dress, they jumped onto discussing other relevant stuff that Kyungsoo needed to arrange before coming back to Korea. After that Jiwon also shared the details of their practice interview session with Chanyeol, and even asked if the designer could go with her when she meets with the Kims. Sadly, it was still uncertain since Kyungsoo’s schedule is still a mess. Instead, he just assured the heiress that he’d arrive at least a few days before the wedding and will be bringing the dress with him.

When the call finally ended, she saw that there was an unread message on her inbox. It was from Junmyeon, apologizing once again for his behaviour this afternoon. Already feeling better after talking to Kyungsoo, she typed and sent a response to tell the CEO that she was no longer upset about what happened. She saw that he had been remorseful about what he did, and there was no point in driving him into feeling even guiltier than he should be.

She was about to put her phone down when another message popped up, and this time it was from Kyungsoo.

“We were just talking a while ago, what else did he forget to mention?” Jiwon said to herself. But as she read the message, she couldn’t help the smile creeping on her face and the warmth spreading on her heart.

 

Fr. My Kyungie 🖤

Did you really think I’d charge you for the dress?

It’s not everyday that my best friend gets into a fake marriage, right? How exciting can this be? Expect the dress in probably two weeks. I’ll see you very soon. Wouldn’t want to miss the (fake) wedding of the century, do we?

 

Kyungsoo might be a moody little devil most of the time, but Jiwon is certain she would never ever trade him for anyone or anything. She was tempted to call him again to smother him with love and coo at his touching message, but she just decided to send him back a text.

 

To: My Kyungie 🖤

Really, what did I do to deserve you? I love you to death, you son of a .

 

***

 

Three days later, Jiwon found herself standing in front of a bunch of reporters and mediamen, the endless flashes from cameras almost blinding her eyes. It was starting to get uncomfortable being the center of attention in the large conference hall, and she wondered how Junmyeon seemed to look so relaxed and at ease. But then again, he’d been doing presscons for a long time now and Jiwon figured that the CEO had already mastered the art of putting up a façade whenever he was dealing with these people. If he was getting annoyed with the constant prying and repetitive questions, it certainly did not show on his facial expressions.

Junmyeon caught her staring, and he immediately gave her a smile and leaned forward to bring his lips close to her ear.

“Smile, love. This will be on the front page of every newspaper tomorrow,” he whispered, and Jiwon could hear the playfulness in his voice.

When he leaned back, he gently pushed a strand of hair away from Jiwon’s forehead and then placed a hand to caress her soft cheek, making their audience gush at the display of affection. The heiress smiled widely as she heard the clicking of cameras again.

Her fake fiancé is way too immersed in this playacting scheme. And as she had said before, CEO Kim Junmyeon is such an excellent liar that it’s almost awe-inspiring to watch.

It had been almost an hour since the press conference started and so far, everything was going according to plan. Just as Chanyeol had predicted, the press people had wanted to know every bit of their supposed heart-w

Please log in to read the full chapter