Chapter 4.5 - Striking a Deal (Part 2)

Everything About Us
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Junmyeon did not really know where to start, so instead he asked Jiwon what she wanted to know first. After thinking for a few minutes, she finally landed a question.

“I suppose I’ll start from the obvious then,” she shrugged before continuing. “I’m confused. Why do you need a bride? Don’t you have one already? You said so in the news.”

“Apparently, said bride is no longer available,” he took out the piece of paper from his suit pocket and handed it to Jiwon. She unfolded the letter and carefully read every word, before folding it back and returning it to Junmyeon. “Got cold feet, I suppose.”

He said the last statement with a stern voice and a faraway look, and for the first time that evening, Jiwon felt quite sorry for the man.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Kim.”

“Nah, it’s okay I guess,” he said, but the pained expression on his face did not go unnoticed. Running a palm through his face, he tried to act indifferent as best he could. “But I would’ve appreciated it if she left me before I even made the announcement. Taking it back now is not an option, or else I’ll look like a joke to the whole ing country,” he added bitterly.

He can almost project the flashy headlines in his head – BREAKING: REVERED CEO GETS DITCHED BY FIANCEE, TAKES BACK WEDDING ANNOUNCEMENT.

And he would not have any of that. Not if he can help it.

“So, basically the idea is that I will be the substitute so you don’t get humiliated in front of everyone?” The heiress raised an eyebrow as she emphasized the words.

“Precisely. And I’ll be the fiancé you’ve never wanted, but desperately needs.”

“Alright, that’s duly noted,” she sighed before brushing him off. “Next question, then. Why have you not revealed your fiancée’s identity during the presscon?”

She had been wondering about the CEO’s reason for keeping it a secret ever since she heard about the news. He had already made the public excited by saying he’s getting married, so what’s the point of depriving them of the bride’s name? Was it all just a stunt for a more dramatic effect?

“The two of us had agreed upon it at the start of o

Please log in to read the full chapter