Generation 001

Generation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]GENERATION[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Chapter 001[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Ten years later

Taeyeon woke up to another regular day, she felt grumpy and drowsy and she noticed few tears were on her chestnut brown eyes. She had another nightmare she couldn't recall but the feeling remained: uneasiness and emptiness. Something was missing in her life but she didn't recall what.
She stood up from her bed, the horror dream was long forgotten as she proceeded with her daily routine. 

 

First, she checked her subjects.
" Biology
Chemistry
Training
Music
Training"

 

Taeyeon didn't choose these classes, Sunny did. The bright girl said that they would be fun.
They weren't.
They all felt the same, empty and meaningless.
Next, Taeyeon dressed up for her courses. She wore a simple off the shoulder black shirt and jeans. Even her outfit wasn't unique, just like herself.

 

The black-haired woman then walked to the bathroom, washing her face from any trace of the ordeal vision she had tonight. She brushed her teeth as usual before finally applying her makeup.
She covered her undereye's bags from the lack of sleep with a concealer, then she put on a scarlet shade of lip tint. She finished her look by putting her hair up on a high ponytail.

 

She wanted to look away from her reflection but the indigo crystal on her necklace shone a light lavender colour.
"I don't know why I didn't take it off yet," She had it since she remembered herself. She never took it off, perhaps because the pendant grew on her or maybe because it helped her understand herself better.
It made the raven-haired woman feel warm inside.

 

A knock on the door returned Taeyeon to reality.
"I'm coming!" Taeyeon finally stepped away from the mirror and went to open the gate.
Sunny awaited outside of the black-haired woman dorms, holding a food shopping bag on her right hand.
"Good morning Tae! I brought a premade mix for pancakes!" Sunny greeted cheerfully, her smile was dazzling like the sun.

 

"Good morning Sunny!" the charcoal-haired student greeted back, a smile finally appeared after a grouchy morning like this one.
The short-haired woman let herself in, putting the sack at the kitchen counter.
"Are you ready for Sunny special pancakes?" Sunny asked with a wide grin.
"They're literally from a premade mix!"
"With extra sugar!" Taeyeon slammed her forehead with her hand from how dumb this conversation was.

 

"How the are you a chef at Shide café?" Taeyeon asked rhetorically.
"I'm a sous-chef! Also, I'm a great cooker I'm just lazy at some mornings!" The girl beamed as she followed the instructions on the premix box.
"Some. The some is on bold," The brunette black-haired rolled her eyes before she helped Sunny with the pancakes.

 

"As if you know how to cook, you live on instant ramen since you moved in last summer!"
"At least I admit I can't cook," Taeyeon shrugged in disinterest, not willing to continue this pointless fight.
"By the way Tae, I know you're kinda broke and the café is hiring new staff-" Taeyeon shook her head as no in reply.
"You know this café only hire up the most special and talented citizens in town, I'm just an insignificant human," Sunny joined her hands, looking at Taeyeon stubbornly.

 

"Come on Tae! At least come to the café with me and then decide!" The raven-haired woman knew there's no point in fighting, Sunny was always stubborn until Taeyeon gave up so she nodded and sighed in defeat.
"Wait for me at the university west gate after classes are over," Sunny face gleamed like the brightest star at the night sky.
"Thanks, Tae! You're the best!" The girls proceed to cook their pancakes in comfortable silence, then they finally sat and ate. Taeyeon savoured the sweetness of these pancakes.


"You're having training as well, right?" Taeyeon started a small talk.
"Yep! But I'm missing my first training hour! I'm having a meeting regarding the fence!" The town surrounded by a magical barrier, only magical creatures with access goes in and out of Shide town.
That mystic wall was the only thing that protected them from attacks from people.
Humans like her.

 

"You have any idea what you're going to talk about?" Sunny shrugged.
"No clue, just know that I'm going to meet the richest and the noblest citizens in town." - "I see," Taeyeon had no idea what to think about them, She never spoke and encounter patricians.
She only minded her own business and small world.

 

"Good luck Sunny! You're a better witch than all these spoiled brats!" Sunny laughed brightly from Taeyeon's remark.
"Thanks, Tae! We should hurry or else we would be late!" Taeyeon smiled shyly and nodded before standing up and taking her weapon for training.
It was an enormous sword, the grip was blue like the night sky and in the middle was a huge clear crystal that reminded her of the moon.

 

"Remember when we were 15, we went to buy weapons and I used all my allowance for this expensive baby?" Taeyeon had a nostalgic expression remembering the past, the light brunette nodded in affirmation.
"I remember how shocked the slayers were seeing you with that fancy and rare weapon!" These were simpler times; when Taeyeon was browbeaten and she called Sunny for help.
When Taeyeon was weak and Sunny was strong.

 

Now the bright girl became busier and Taeyeon was left to protect herself on her own. The charcoal-haired girl was forced to become more powerful until she managed to be unbothered by the bullying.
She sometimes feels lonely and alone though she was glad for Sunny's recognition and success for being one of the best fire witches in town.
Finally, the short-haired girl could take part in deciding major judgments concerning the town.
They walked together to Shide university, Taeyeon enjoyed Sunny company on the way while she still had it.

 

Taeyeon's first class was nothing interesting. Taeyeon sat at the centre of the lecture hall, not wholly uninterested nor eager to learn. Well, she still pretended to care, writing notes of the important things the professor taught at the lecture.
15 minutes into the lesson and the entrance to the hall was abruptly opened. A girl with umber brown hair tied into a low ponytail, round and black glasses and steel blue sweater entered amid the class.
" I'm sorry I'm late," She apologised but the professor didn't seem to care at all about the apology, he utterly continued to tutor as if that incident never occurred. She went up the stairs to search for an available seat.

 

 "You can sit next to me!" Taeyeon signed for the girl to come over to her line of sits. She seemed very thankful for the offer and she speedily went to the chair next to Taeyeon.
"I'm Kwon Yuri," She introduced herself before she took out a notepad and a pen.
"Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon," The raven-haired student introduced herself back sheepishly. A gentle smiled formed on her scarlet lips.
"You seemed worried," Taeyeon expressed her concerns in empathy for the classmate next to her. Although the woman wrote notes and did her best to take a part in the lecture, her eyes drifted somewhere far away from the Biology hall.

 

"Eh?" - "My intuition says that there's something that bothers you," Taeyeon explains herself again, the tender smile didn't leave her face.
"My friend, she's sick at home and I don't know how to help her. You remind me of her by the way," Yuri's voice seemed distant and lost.
"Why? I also hope she would feel better soon, be patient with her," Taeyeon delivered her piece of advice. She didn't know the whole story and issue but she just spoke what her heart desired.
"You follow your heart just like her, thanks, I'll do my best to be patient," Yuri expressed her heartfelt gratitude with a grin. Taeyeon shifted her focus back to taking notes, beaming for helping an individual.

 

Two of her classes ended just as they started. Taeyeon came out the same way as she came in, not more educated nor wiser.
"I guess it's time for training," Taeyeon spoke to herself, putting the knife next to her body. She walked to the field outsides, the hallways that were full of students and chatter swiftly grew quite as she stumbled across them. The silence strangled her on the inside but she was used to this awful sensation. She ignored the hushed tones that gossiped about her and she ambled with her hair towards the exit.

 

They all hated her and judged her because she was a mere human.
They were afraid of her because she was human.
Human. Human. Human.

 

She finally reached the course, usually, people shared the field with slayers, as they were the closest to how minor humans fought.
  She already saw the slayers on the court, sharpening their blades and arrows or refilling bullets on their guns.
"Tae!" A familiar slayer called her, she grinned brightly before coming towards the boy group.

 

Jhonny had an apple on his head while Taeil practised his shooting on him, The black-haired didn't understand how Jhonny wasn't scared of being shoot on the face. Yuta and Winwin did a duel together, Yuta tried to get close to Winwin with his daggers meanwhile Winwin ran quickly and escaped every time. The rest of the group simply watched everything that happened, amused by the show.

 

"You're available for a match at the last training hour?" Mark asked the human, smiling playfully.
"Me against who? What're the terms?" Taeyeon questioned, she didn't want to agree without knowing everything. Playing against Mark and his friends was no joke.
"You against me and Haechan! No magic allowed, meaning that we would fight just like you!" Mark explained the terms.
"If we'll win you'll be our slaves for a whole month!" Heachan added excitedly.

 

The raven smirked, feeling the chance of winning against them.
"If I'll win you'll be my bodyguards for a month!" - "Deal!" Taeyeon was motivated to practice hard this upcoming session so she would kick their asses. She trained very seriously with her partner Haseul, their battle ended in a draw by the end of the lesson.
"You improved a lot, You'll beat a slayer in no time," Haseul complimented Taeyeon. When the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter