Generation 002

Generation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]GENERATION[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Chapter 002[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Yoona put the last hiring poster at some house on the street. Designing these posters were so much fun but she knew that they were just a facade. Her boss wanted to hire only two people.
Her sister and Taeyeon.
The sun was setting as she was on the way back to the café. Soon, the full moon would be up in the sky, indicating that magical night is about to begin.

 

"I'm back," Yoona said to no one in particular. The restaurant was already closed and her co-workers were probably upstairs already.
"Welcome back," Her co-worker with long-straight brown hair lifted her head from a journal she wrote on.
"Seohyun! I thought everyone's upstairs," Yoona went to Seohyun side, seeing her writing down a new recipe.
"I waited for you," A tiny smile formed on Seohyun's lips.

 

"You didn't have to! Thanks! I see you managed to figure out your recipe?"
"Yeah! It all thanks to your tasting!" Yoona smiled slightly, feeling proud of herself for helping a little.
"I'm glad I helped you! I hope our food would make someone happy!"
"I hope so too, that's why I write recipes!" Seohyun stood up from the chair, the two girls walked upstairs together.

 

"It's amazing that you have such a huge knowledge of herbs! I only know basic water spells beside air magic!"
"I can teach you if you want, although it would be hard, Earth is the opposite element to yours," Yoona grinned vastly, she was excited to learn some more about magic and to be a powerful witch. 
"I would teach you in return then!"
"Deal!"

 

The two eventually arrived at the meeting room, everyone was waiting for them there.
"Took you long enough," Sooyoung said sarcastically, visibly tired from her long shift as the only waitress on a successful restaurant. 'Serving people is a pain in the ' She often says.
"Let's start, shall we? I need to go to the fence when the moon is out," Jessica said as she helplessly checked her watch.

 

"Yoona, how's recruiting Hyoyeon going?" Yoona sighed as she shrugged her shoulders.
"I don't know, She always refuses! Could be her hatred towards nobles. I don't understand how to touch her heart," The ladies thought about what to do for a moment. Having no idea what to do with this problem.
"Tell her about what we do! She has a huge sense of justice, you know?" Sooyoung suggested.
"I don't know much about her! We merely shared a few classes back in high school!" Sooyoung added quickly, feeling a bit embarrassed.

 

"Were you her friend Sooyoung?" Yoona questioned in curiosity.
"No! I would never be a friend to someone like her!" Sooyoung scoffed and Sunny rolled her eyes from hearing Sooyoung talking with her nose so high in the sky.
"Aristocratic like always!" Sooyoung smiled slyly in reply before looking at Sunny with fire at her orbs.
"Duh! I am a noble!" Jessica groaned loudly. She was irritated from the distraction of the real topic.

 

"If it's the only thing that would convince her, go ahead and do that Yoona," Jessica concluded the topic before the two fire witches would start a fight.
She looked at Sunny, meaning that she should tell her her progress about Taeyeon.
"Taeyeon said she would come to the café again to try and apply!" Sunny spoke proudly, she was glad that she managed to convince her insecure friend.
"Jessica, I still don't get why you're so interested in that human," Seohyun remarked to her boss. Jessica stared at her indifferently.

 

"Don't doubt my judgment," Jessica replied frankly, her voice was cold as the weather on a cold winter night.
"Don't you see she pities her Seo? There's no chance she would put faith in a witch that lost her powers!" Sooyoung snorted.
"Don't you think she goes a little too far for a pity? Our mission is serious. Taeyeon would get in our way." Sunny stared at them deeply in the eyes, her orbs were full of flames from anger.

 

"Taeyeon is more powerful than all of you think! She almost beat two slayers! So what that her powers were burnt!! It's still there somewhere!" The short-haired woman snapped, protecting her best friend as if her life depends on it.
"I said, Don't doubt my judgment!" Jessica uttered, then she stood up from her chair.
"Continue your conversation without me, I'm going to my shift. Sunny, please update everyone about the content of today's meeting," Jessica threw her last orders for today before she left the conference room.

 

The town was beautiful at this late hour, the moonlight dazzled gorgeously. The moon was full tonight and it wasn't covered by any cloud. The light from the moon illuminated the town brightly, making it easy for Jessica to move around at the darkness. She walked around the fence, always looking at the thick forest that surrounded Shide town. The rail glimmered faintly as the moonlight caressed it. The woods looked magical with the barrier sparkles and shimmer. Her heart wanted to explore the forest that surrounded them but her mind knew that it was too risky and dangerous.

 

She walked in circles around town for a while. That duty was boring and tiring, and the gathering she abruptly left seem way more important than that. But that was her duty as a member of one of the richest family in the area. Jessica sighed, slowly losing focus as her mind drifted off to Taeyeon. She couldn't believe that her stone worked, returning the black-haired student intuition to its maximum potential at the battle. There was no chance that Taeyeon could win a slayer by simply being mortal. Only magic-users can have a chance against magical beings. The sound of rustling trees returned her to reality, her senses became stronger as she stood on her guard.
"Who's there?" She asked, being prepared to attack the intruder, she tried to keep it cool but she was scared deep down.

Taeyeon gazed at the moonlight, she was absent at its light. It was amazing how the moon draws her out. She felt invincible observing it as if she can do whatever she wishes to do. The wind blew steadily in her face, beckoning her to go out and get a closer look at the luminous ball in the sky. She left her apartment, although she mustn't go out at night due to a curfew, she didn't care about the rules. The beauty outside summoned her. She listened to the wind blowing at the rustling woods surrounding her.

 

Without thinking about anything she wandered at the town, she sighted the magnificent sky above. The sky was clear of any star and cloud, the full moon glowed vividly and brightly. The moonlight embraced the whole town, warming and protecting. She stopped at her spot when she heard a loud squishy scream that reminded her of a dolphin. She dashed towards the shriek, panic spread all across her body. She reached to the core of the screech moments after, seeing the blonde hitting a boy steadfastly in the arm.

 

"You idiot! You scared the out of me!" Taeyeon felt relief that the blonde was safe. She was curious though, who was this dude and what is their relationship? She was hiding as she eavesdropped on their conversation. The boy laughed hysterically from Jessica's reaction.
"What are you doing here Baekhyun?" The blonde wiped some tears she shed from anger and fear.
"You seemed busy so I came to replace you," - "You idiot,"

 

Taeyeon gulped as she watched them, they seem close. It made her stomach sick. She didn't understand her jealousy, they only met today, right? Baekhyun hugged Jessica, smelling her scent.
"You hang out with a magical blooded human," He muttered.
"Don't touch her." She pushed him away and looked at him dead in the eye. He stared at the human's direction, a smirk was across his face.
"That scent is near," Bloodlust appeared in his eyes, a bloodlust he would hold in. He wasn't a monster, he has manners. He also wouldn't bite someone Jessica found important.

 

He went towards the core of the scent, Jessica proceeded with him out of curiosity and to make sure her friend won't do anything reckless.
"How brave of you, to be out at curfew," Taeyeon gazed at the man in shock, she didn't know how to reply to that.
"Taeyeon, what are you doing outside at this hour?" Jessica crossed her hands together, a cold expression was on her beautiful face.

 

"I-I... I heard a dolphin scream so I got out to see what's happening?" Taeyeon rubbed the crook of her neck from nervousness.
"What a good friend you are!" Baekhyun held in a laugh as he recalled Jessica's dolphin shriek.
"I'm sorry for bothering your moment, I'll be on my way home," Taeyeon apologised in politeness, bowing slightly towards the two.
"I'll take you home it's dangerous, Baekhyun, please keep an eye on the fence," The boy nodded and the ladies left to go towards Taeyeon's place.

 

"So... is he your boyfriend?" Taeyeon talked before she thought about what she's saying. When she realised what she said she mentally slapped herself.
"Why do you ask? Are you interested?" Jessica smirked as she asked her back.
"N-No!! Just curious!!" Taeyeon flushed from humiliation, hopefully, the moonlight didn't show her blush.
"We're not dating, we're childhood friends. I would never date him! He also has a girlfriend," Taeyeon's orbs widen in shock.

 

"But the rumours!" - "He didn't announce his gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter