Chapter-5

SWAP BODIES

HAYOUNG POV

Beep, beep.

I opened my eyes and look at my hands.

They were big and, well, they are man-hands.

I laughed at the irony. I have been calling those losers with that name.

And now I was the one who had them.

Sighed.

I wonder what Naeun is doing right now?

Thinking about Naeun made me think about last night.

I had been so comfortable with her. For God sake, I kissed her.

What did that mean? Did I like her? Was I a lesbian? I decided to push all this thoughts to the back of my mind and just enjoy the time I was spending with her.

But.... How could I be in a relationship with her If I was in someone else's body?

It was all just.... so messed up and even if I returned to my normal self, Naeun would probably reject me, if I tried to kissed her or even be friends with her.

I had hurt her a lot during our high school lives.

My thoughts were interrupted by my cellphone.

It was Dongwoon. He was going to be freaking out because we were still In different bodies.

So I picked up the call. "Good morning Dongwoon."

"Hayoung?! Why the isn't everything back to normal? I can't stand another day being a girl." He complained.

It was like last morning All over again. I sighed.

I didn't know why it hadn't changed. But I couldn't do anything about it.

"Dongwoon believe me, I want to be Oh Hayoung again. But I don't know when this is going to go back to normal. We are gonna Have to be patience and... Wait till everything is normal." 

"But Hayoung, what if it doesn't? What if it stays like that forever? , I love my body, you know that." Dongwoon was freaking.

"Dongwoon, I don't really know… we're gonna have to have faith okay? There's nothing we can do. Go get ready for school. See ya." I was tired of hearing Dongwoon complaining about our swapped bodies. 

I wanted my body back too, but whining wouldn't make everything better. And plus, I had to admit that having Naeun as a girlfriend was pretty cool.

I parked Dongwoon's truck outside Naeun's house at 8:25 am.

I knew how the brunette felt about punctuality and formality and all that stuff. At 8:30 am sharp the girl got out of her house, and into the truck. She was smiling, as usual.

Since last night, I couldn't remember a moment where Naeun wasn't smiling.

I felt very good with myself because I guessed that I was the reason what made the
girl smile.

Well I hoped.

"Good morning Nangnie. How are you?" I said as I leaned in and gave the girl a quick kiss on the lips.

"Good morning Dongwoon. And I'm good, thanks, and you?" She asked back.

"Great." I started the drive to school. "You know, I've been thinking about us and—" but Naeun interrupted me.

She didn't have a smile on her face anymore.

"Oh.. I knew it was too good to be true. Dongwoon, I understand, you don't want to be seen with me at school. I thought that after last night things between us had changed and..-" I immediately stopped her.

What was she talking about? 

"No, no, Naeun, it's not that. Why would you think that? Of course I want to be seen with you at school. That's not the problem." I told her with utmost sincerity I could muster that made the girl's smile come back on her face.

Which made me feel much better.

"Then what is it?" She inquired.

"I… have been thinking and… Well, after seeing how awesome you are, I wanted to apologize. For everything that I've ever done to you. You didn't deserve it at all. I'm sorry that I ever hurt your feelings." There, I'd said it. Naeun just looked confused.

"Dongwoon, you already apologized last time we dated. Remember? At the bathroom, when I was getting those dirt off your hair?" Naeun Inquired.

Crap. My smile faded. I felt good with Myself for apologizing, and I'd just seemed stupid.

"Yeah but… since we have started dating again, and it's pretty serious this time I, uhm, wanted to make it clear that I would never hurt you again like I did." I told her.

I took My eyes off the road for a moment to look at Naeun, who seemed really happy.

I loved the sight of the brunette smiling. And it always made me smile too.

Minutes later, we got to school. There was still a lot of time until we had to get to class, so there was no rush.

When we got out of the car, I put my arm around Naeun's shoulders and smiled at her, which made the brunette's smile even brighter.

When we got to Naeun's locker, I was distracted.

"What's wrong Dongwoon?" Naeun ask looking worried.

"Nothing, it's just that I wanted to ask you
something… How come you're with me instead of Ilhoon? I mean, it was pretty obvious that you liked him." I asks.

I had been thinking about that since I knew about that relationship.

Wasn't Naeun supposed to date Ilhoon? He was all over her, he had sung "You Are My Girl" to her and all.

After we compete against Highlight, it seemed pretty obvious that they liked each other and that they would end up together.

I hadn't been very attentive this past months, so I hadn't noticed, but the last thing I expected was to Dongwoon and Naeun to be together again.

"Oh. Well, after the whole "Lee Taemin"
period, I thought Ilhoon and I were going to finally be a couple, and we were for a while but… things ended quick because he dumped me." Naeun replied with an indifferent tone.

"Wait, he dumped you? Why?" I inquired, I was very susprised hearing It.

'How could Ilhoon let a girl like Naeun go? Was he an idiot?' I thought frowning.

"He didn't really give me a good explanation, but our relationship started going downhill since I said I wasn't ready to have ." Naeun said that with a normal tone, but I could see how much that had hurt her.

"So… He dumped you because you wouldn't have  with him?" I verify, I could feel the anger acumulating.

Ilhoon was going to pay for it. When we were together, he didn't even get to the first base, and he was okay with it.

How could he do that to Naeun, who was way more fragile and clearly hung up on him?

"Bastard. I'm gonna kill him." I mutters. I was about to leave, to punch Ilhoon in the face or
something, but Naeun's tiny hand took mine.

"No, Dongwoon, please. Just leave him alone. We're not together anymore, and I'm happy with you now. He's not worth it." Naeun try to calm me.

I could see that she didn't want a confrontation, but I was going to talk to Ilhoon anyway.

I had to tell him how much of an idiot he was, for letting go of someone like Naeun.

But now that I knew the story between Ilhoon and the dark-haired girl, I understood why she had started dating Dongwoon again.

"So… you started dating me to forget about Ilhoon right? Do you still love him?" I inquired these words in a very sweet tone.

It wasn't an accusation, just a question. But even though I tried to be cool about it, it hurt.

Because Naeun still loved Illhoon, and she didn't like me.

Naeun looked at her feet. When she looked back up, she had tears in her eyes.

"I-I don't know Dongwoon. When we started dating I was, but now… I'm confused. You are so different… and I see how sweet you are and I don't want to hurt you, but I'm not sure if I'm over Ilhoon yet. I'm sorry." Naeun tearily said.

I was surprised by how much that hurt me.

But seeing tears in Naeun's eyes hurt Me even more, so I tried to make them disappear. 

I held the brunette's head with my hands and
wiped the tears away with my thumbs.

"Naeun, I understand. And if you don't want me to, I'm not going anywhere. I like being with you, you're actually the best thing that's happened to me in a long time. Just don't cry okay? I don't think I can handle it." I smiled and kissed the girl on the forehead.

My smile was even bigger when I saw that Naeun was smiling too.

"So, you okay? I don't think Ms. Choi would
appreciate a Naeun breaking down in her class." I commented.

Naeun laughed and nodded. I took her hand and we walked to Math class.

I didn't even have my books since I hadn't gone to my locker that morning.

So I took one of Naeun's pencil and a paper and took notes throughout all the class.

At lunch time, I got to the cafeteria and was Immediately pushed back through the doors by a furious Dongwoon.

Wow, he could still be very intimidating with this much smaller body.

Dongwoon took me by the hand and dragged me away from the cafeteria, until we got to the auditorium doors.

"Uhm… Dongwoon, what's going on?" I asked confusedly.

The boy looked angry.

", Hayoung, I don't know how to act like you! Chorong and Bomi are constantly asking what's up with me and they even asked If I had my period. How creepy is that?!" Dongwoon freaks out.

I just laughed. "Dongwoon, it's not creepy. And they're my good friends, they can ask me anything. But why does that make you so mad?"

"It's not that! Huhgak was just hitting on me. I almost punched him." He whined.

"Yeah, Huhgak can get really annoying." I just replied nodding My Head.

"Hayoung, he is more than annoying. He's constantly saying these dirty things and….. " He stop and shook his head.

"anyway, I need some advice." He said rather.

"What? Why?" I asked looking down at Dongwoon's eyes.

He looked desperate. He lowered his voice and whispered.

"I don't know how to be a girl! I already told you, I'm tired of this body. And being with Chorong in her underwear around makes me all the time and I can't handle it anymore!" He said.

"Dongwoon, just be yourself, but try to be a decent boy and just not a neanderthal… Wait. Chorong in her underwear?" I whispered.

"Yeah, I hung out with her and Bomi yesterday and, by the way, she's not that much of a  when she's with you guys. Anyways, yes, she was in her underwear for a while, when she was changing from her cheerleading uniform, and I wasn't complaining." He smirked remembering the
moment.

"Ew. Okay, just don't do that around them okay? And before saying anything just think: what would I say? Or do? And that's it, you'll be fine." I replied softly.

"Okay, thanks. And by the way, what's with you and Naeun? Do you like her now? You stole my girlfriend!" He whispered laughing.

I just rolled my eyes.

"No, I'm just acting like you, and I'm not gonna dump her. Besides, she's nice and I'm having a pretty good--" I got interrupted when Naeun spoke.

! Why I hadn't notice her?

"Dongwoon? Hayoung? What are you doing here?" Naeun asked curiously.

I turn around to see her standing a few feet away from us, staring with a questioning look.

I froze when our eyes met and I didn't know what to say.

"Uhm.. He- I mean, she was… Uhm…" I stuttered.

God, why was I so slow?

"It's none of your bussiness, Clumsy girl." Dongwoon said.

He then looked at Me, looking for approval.

, he thought that was how I acted with Naeun.

Well I did, but that was before. Crap, I had to Fix this.

I shook my head slowly, with my eyes wide open, trying to tell Dongwoon to get the message.

He looked at me with a confused look. Crap.

I sighed and looked at the brunette.

"Uhm.. Nothing, we were just talking about…
lunch." I tried to be calm.

But . I was dumber than I thought. Lunch? What kind of conversation topic is that?

Apparently Naeun thought so too.

"Lunch?" Naeun looked really confused.

"Yeah… He..- She was asking me what was the dessert today. And by the way, Hayoung, stop calling Naeun names, okay?" I looked at Dongwoon, who was still confused.

I looked at Naeun, who was looking confused too. Great. She decided to change the subject.

In a few steps I reached the brunette, took her hand and started walking away
from Dongwoon.

"So, where were you going?" Naeun asked sweetly.

"I was actually going to the auditorium to practice some…-" but I stop what I was going to say and stare at her.

"I thought we could have lunch together. Watcha think?" I asked instead, with a smile.

Naeun smiled lightly. "O-Okay…"

 

 

 

---

When school was over, I drove Naeun to her house and then went to Dongwoon's house.

His mom had left a note saying she'd be back around 6pm to have dinner, and that her sister was at volleyball practice until then.

I had nothing fun to do, so I did my homework and laid on bed.

I thought about my situation. I wanted to get my body back, but I was afraid of losing Naeun.

I hadn't been happy in a long time, and I didn't want that to end.

My life was a mess. I decided to take a
shower, since I hadn't that morning.

When I was getting out of the shower, I heard a knock on the main door.

Didn't Dongwoon's mother say she'd come back at 6pm? It was still 4pm.

I put on a pair of sweatpants in a hurry and ran downstairs.

I opened the door and I saw Naeun. When Naeun saw that I had no shirt on, she blushed deeply.

I felt really uncomfortable without a shirt on, since I was used to have s.

I blushed too and said: "Naeun what are you doing here?"

The brunette's eyes finally met mine.

"I just wanted to talk to you. Can I come in?" She sounded nervous.

"Yeah, of course." I nodded my head.

We went to Dongwoon's room. Naeun sat on his bed and I put a shirt on.

I sat next to the girl and started a conversation.

"So… what did you wanna talk about?" I was confused.

"Today I realized something. And it was thanks to you. When we were… talking by my locker and I said that… I didn't know if I were over Ilhoon… Well, when I thought that you were going to dump me I got really scared. And I realized that I don't love Ilhoon anymore, and that I like you more than I thought I did. So yes, I am one hundred percent sure about the success of this relationship, and I don't have any doubts anymore." Naeun finished with a smile.

That made me exremely happy. Naeun didn't love Ilhoon anymore, which meant that I could probably love her some day. 

I smiled brightly and kissed her on the lips.

Naeun immediately reacted and deepened the kiss by opening her mouth and my lips.

I opened my mouth and laid Naeun on the bed, putting Myself on top.

My hands wandered around the brunette's body, enjoying every touch.

After a while, Naeun ended the kiss.

I opened my eyes with disappointment, but Naeun looked at me with an intense look in her eyes and took her shirt off.

I was immediately by the sight of Naeun in a black, cotton bra.

I kissed the girl again and caressed her sides.

I touched her bra with my hands, but this time I didn't stop Myself.

I touched her s over the bra slowly, trying to be gentle.

I didn't go any further though. I really wanted to take things slow.

I planted small kisses from her mouth to
her neck, where I left a mark.

Naeun moaned, which almost drove me crazy.

I put my hand on the brunette's thigh and started moving it up her skirt.

Naeun didn't seem to mind, but when I touched the garter of her  I stopped.

I had gone way too far. Why did I lost control all the time around Naeun?

I didn't understand the effect that Naeun had on me.

I left Naeun's neck and gave her a peck on the lips, followed by a small kiss on the nose.

Naeun giggled.

I moved from my position on top of Naeun and laid next to her in bed.

I took Naeun's hand and rubbed it with my thumb.

I looked her in the eyes and said: "Everything is so simple with you Naeun. Thanks."

She laughed. "Why would you thank me?

I just shrugged my shoulders. "You just make me happy."

Naeun smiled brightly and kissed me on the
cheek. "You make me really happy too Dongwoon."

We hung out for a while, talking about random stuff, until Naeun asked something.

"Dongwoon, what is going with you and Hayoung? The way you were sneaking around today at lunch time was pretty strange…" She asked curiously.

"No, it's nothing important. Really. Don't worry about it, Naeun." I smiled, even though I felt like crying.

I wanted so bad to tell her the truth and stop lying to her. But I couldn't.

Naeun seemed to be thinking about it and, after hesitating a bit, she smiled and said a simple "okay".

Later that night, when I was alone, I thought about what had happened in the last two days.

Everything had changed so much. I was happy now, but my future looked bad.

If I ever returned to my body, I'd lose Naeun.

And if I never had my body back, I would have Naeun, but I'd have to tell her the truth eventually, since she hated lying to her.

And then Naeun would dump me, because she wouldn't believe me. Great.

My future , because, either way, I'd end up losing the only thing that was good in my life.

.

.

.

.

 

 

---TO BE CONTINUED---