WOOF!

shiba loves her hooman

Jihyo sighed as she kicked the stone gently, she had her hands in her pocket and was looking up at the beautiful night sky. She occasionally took night walks like this because it helps her relieve stress, nothing eventful really happened during these walks, the most that happened was that one time she got rained on, coming home like a wet rat.

Jihyo adjusted her sight from the sky to a lamp post ahead of her, she rubbed her eyes and shook her head to make sure she was seeing it right, no, it definitely wasn't her imagination, there was something next to the lamp post. She slowly walked closer and found that it was a dog, a Shiba inu. It looked like it was sleeping, hopefully it was sleeping and not dead. She went closer and closer trying to see if the dog was alive or not, she saw its body gently moving up and down indicating that it was still breathing, she heaved a sigh of relief, which woke the Shiba inu up. It stared up at her with its adorable shining eyes, a rush of expressions seem to come across its face as it saw Jihyo, at first it was confusion, then happy, then excitement and lastly, EXTRA excitement. 

It leaped up from its spot and charged towards Jihyo, the young girl was terrified that an unknown dog was running towards her so turned around and ran away. Then she turned her head back as she was still running and saw that the Shiba inu was still chasing her which made her run faster, she saw a convenience store ahead, so she mustered up the last of her energy and dashed toward it. 

Once Jihyo had reached the stored, she quickly opened the door to get inside and slammed it shut. She put her hands on her knees and breathed heavily. She looked up and realised it was the store that one her friends, Momo, worked at. 

"Jihyo? Why do you look so exhausted?"

"Oh, hey Momo. I was chased by a dog. I think it's still outside. I hope you don't mind me staying here for a while."

"Poor Jihyo baby, you can stay here for as long as you want, I was getting bored being by myself."

Jihyo took a seat in front of the counter and started a conversation with Momo, they talked about school, love, animals and other stuff. She found Momo such an adorable person, she always finds herself smiling whenever Momo spoke cause the girl was just so cute trying to find the right words to say, since she was a foreigner. When Mina first introduced her girlfriend as the cutest person alive, Jihyo didn't believe her but after talking with Momo frequently, she agrees. 

"So, do you think the dog is gone yet?"

"I'll go check."

Jihyo got off her seat and headed towards the door, she slowly opened it and looked around, she found the dog sleeping next to the door, she was startled but regained her composure, she took a closer look at the dog, it was really dirty and it had a few injuries. Jihyo shuddered and slowly closed the door. 

"It's sleeping. Do you think I can make a run for it? I mean my house it only 3 minutes away."

"You can do it, Jihyo fighting!"

Momo showed both of her fists and punched them into the air, Jihyo laughed.

"Alright, see you tomorrow."

"Bye Jihyo!"

Jihyo quietly opened the door and slowly wiggled herself away from the dog, she walked backwards to the direction of her house, she thought it was going well. SHE THOUGHT. 

The dog's eyes slowly fluttered open and saw Jihyo looking at it while backing away, it barked and chased after her, Jihyo silently curse and turned around to run.

She was running the most she had ever ran and she felt like her life was depending on it, her house came into view and she quickly whipped out her keys. She put the keys in and ran inside then slammed the door. 

She was panting so hard, she punched her fist into the air. 

"Safe."

She really hoped the Shiba didn't know where she lived, but luck was not on her side when she heard scratching sounds, she turned around and it the sound was coming from her door. She sighed and decided to forget about it, she hoped that the dog would just get bored and go away. 

Jihyo went upstairs, took a shower, brushed her teeth, came downstairs to eat and now she was in the living room watching some netflix. She didn't close the blinds for the window in the living yet which meant she got a clear view outside.

It was getting late and Jihyo's eyelids were getting heavy, she turned the t.v off and it started raining, soon she heard thunders. She went over to the blinds and was about to shut them when the Shiba popped up and squished it face against the window. It was scratching and the window, Jihyo stumbled back and fell on her .

"Oh come on!"

She rubbed her in pain and looked at the Shiba inu, it was getting wet from the rain which not be such a bad thing because it was so dirty, maybe the rain will clean it a little. She did feel bad for it, but if she lets it in, it might bite her. She was still kind of traumatised from her childhood, when a dog bit her. She quickly closed the blinds and ran upstairs to her bedroom. She jumped on her comfy and instantly fell asleep. 

In the middle of the night, she woke up, feeling thirsty. Jihyo sleepily walked downstairs, and got herself a glass of water. She heard thunders outside, it was still raining. Then her mind wondered back to the dog, was it still outside? There's no way. Right? She walked towards her front door and slowly opened it, and there it was. On her door step, shaking and soaking wet. It was just laying there, sleeping. Again, hopefully sleeping and not dead.

Another clap of thunder and the dog was wide awake, shaking more than before, it looked up and met Jihyo's eyes. It gathered up all the energy it had and waddled towards her, Jihyo stumbled back and tried closing the door but the Shiba inu was quick. It jumped on her making her fall back, the wet and dirty dog her and snuggled into her neck, it was whimpering and shaking.

Now she knows this dog isn't bad and isn't out to bite her, but it was dirty and wet. 

"Ughhh, yuck."

Her PJs were now wet and she honestly didn't care any more, this dog needs to get off her. Now. 

She gently pushed the dog off and closed the door. She kneeled down patted its head, it seemed to enjoy the affection as it leaned towards her warmth. It her hand and started rubbing against it.

Jihyo sighed. 

"What am I gonna do with you now?"

She closed her eyes and though for a bit. 

"Well first, if you're gonna stay here tonight, you need to be clean."

She lead the dog to the bathroom where she cleaned it with warm water and some dog soap, she got some dog supplies from when her aunt stayed at her home with her dog, she forgot to take them back. She wiped the dog with a towel and now it was dry, smelled nice and most of all, CLEAN. 

She also put bandages on two of its legs because they were scratched. She will have to remember to take it to the vet tomorrow, looking at the dog now, it looked very skinny, it was the fur that made it look at least decent size, but the dog was extremely skinny. She led it downstairs and gave it some food and water, she felt so tired at this point that she went to the couch and slowly closed her eyes, until she felt something wet on her face. She opened her eyes to the Shiba inu her face and rubbing its head onto her, it let out soft pants. It looked happy, Jihyo had always thought that animals just have a happy face all the time so she doesn't know when they're actually happy or not, but this dog seemed like it was happy. 

Jihyo got up and headed towards the stairs but looked back when she heard tiny steps following her. She shook her head and looked down at the shiba. 

"No, you are not sleeping with me."

The dog seemed to actually understand and look down while whimpering, it layed down right where it stood and curled into a ball, which made Jihyo's heart break a little. She tried to ignore it and went upstairs to her bedroom, forgetting to close her bedroom door as she was too tired to remember anything. The moment her body hit her bed, she instantly fell asleep, letting out soft snores. 

The shiba got up from its position and slowly made its way upstairs while wagging its tail side to side. It made its way to Jihyo's bedroom and saw the girl soundly asleep, it doesn't understand why its 'owner' was so cold towards it, yes, it has already claimed Jihyo as its human. The dog jumped up onto the bed and wiggled its way into Jihyo's arms so that the sleeping girl was hugging it, the shiba slowly fell asleep in the warmth of its human. 

 

"Dahyun sweetie, where are you going?"

"I am just going to get the book I left in the backyard."

Dahyun slid open her glass door and walked towards the table to collect her book. Out of the corner of her eye cause she's an eagle, she spotted something, it was white and still. She slowly approached and found that it was a rabbit, a white and fluffy one.

It was just lying on the ground in fetal position with its mouth open, panting softly. It made Dahyun feel bad and so she kneeled and gently touched it. The feeling of warmth made the rabbit wrap its tiny arms around Dahyun's small hand, the sight made Dahyun want to cry.

The rabbit did not look like it was in good conditions, it wasn't injured but something was off, it looked really weak. 

"Dahyun ah. What are you still doing outside?"

"Hey mom, I think this rabbit is dying, can we take it to the vet?"

Dahyun's mom approached her and picked the rabbit up gently, she observed it for a bit and looked at Dahyun's worried face.

"Alright, put your coat on, we're going."