heartbroken shiba

shiba loves her hooman

Jihyo woke up earlier than the shiba, she quietly got out of bed and called Tzuyu. Sana was cute and all but she had too much things on her hands to take care of a dog, she wants Sana to have a loving home that can provide her with all the love and affection she needs, Jihyo thinks she's not the one to be able to do that.

The phone rang for a few seconds before a soothing voice picked up. 

"Jihyo unnie? Why call this early?"

"Um...hey Tzuyu ah. So, the shiba from yesterday. It's asleep right now, you can come over and take it. I really can't take care of it, I'm hoping your shelter can do something about it."

"Oh, of course unnie. I'll come over straight away."

"Thanks Tzuyu ah."

 

In 15 minutes, Tzuyu arrived with a bag and a cage, she greeted Jihyo and the older one led her to the sleeping shiba. The taller one observed the dog for a bit and injected the dog with sleeping drug, so that it doesn't wake up in a few hours.

Tzuyu gently picked the dog up and put it the cage while Jihyo stood there watching, feeling a little bit sad. From day 1, Sana had been cute and loving, the house would feel quite empty without her. But some things needs to be done. 

Tzuyu said bye to Jihyo and drove back to her shelter with Sana sleeping soundly in the cage. And Jihyo stood in her bedroom, staring at the spot where Sana slept and tearing up a little. She doesn't know why she was so sad.

 

When Sana woke up, she was in a big room. There was food and water, she was also laying on a very soft bed. But there was no Jihyo. Her human. She started barking, hoping that Jihyo would hear her calls, she tried to find a way out, but there wasn't. Just an empty room. 

Then, a girl walked in, with a warm smile, she walked towards Sana and patted her. Normally, Sana would enjoy this but she knew Jihyo wasn't here with her anymore. She felt sad. She slump down onto the soft bed and curled into a ball. She didn't want food. She didn't want water. She wanted Jihyo. Her human.

Tzuyu looked at the depressed dog and felt sad herself too, she tried cheering it up by giving it toys but it just simply whimpered, not getting up from its position.

Sana stayed like that the whole day, she didn't eat or drink anything, and she felt nothing. The only thing she felt was longing for her human. 

Tzuyu started getting worried, thinking the Sana was sick but when she check on Sana, there were no signs of illness. Tzuyu decided to call Jihyo to check if Sana was acting weirdly before. 

"Hello? Jihyo unnie."

"Hey Tzuyu, what's up."

"Did Sana ever act strangely when you got her? Cause she's not eating or drinking. It's been the whole day."

"No, she didn't act weird. She has always eaten and drank when I gave food to her. I'm coming over."

Jihyo sounded really worry over the phone and it suddenly ended after Jihyo said she was coming over. 

She got into her car and sped down the high way to Tzuyu's shelter, when she got there, she banged on the door.

Tzuyu ran to the door and opened it for Jihyo, the older one grabbed her shoulders and looked straight into her eyes. 

"W-where's Sana. Is she okay?"

"Come."

Tzuyu led Jihyo to the back where Sana was, when Jihyo saw Sana, her heart completely broke. Sana was curled up in a ball, shaking and whimpering. She looked so weak. Just like when she first saw her. 

"I'll leave you two."

Jihyo slowly walked towards Sana, the dog's ears perked up at the sound and she looked up. It was Jihyo, her human. Sana stood up and barked, she started running towards Jihyo but her body was weak, she couldn't make even a few steps before tripping. Sana breathed heavily with her tongue out, her vision was blurry, all she wanted was to be in Jihyo's arms but she didn't have the energy.

Seeing Sana the shiba collapse in front of her, Jihyo ran towards the dog and hugged it.

"Sana, I'm here now. Why aren't you eating. That's bad."

Jihyo reached for the water bowl and put to Sana's mouth, her tongue poked out and she took a few gulps of water. Sana could feel her energy coming back as she drank the water.

"Good girl."

Sana let out a soft bark and continued drinking the water, she liked Jihyo feeding her. It made her feel loved.

Jihyo then reached for the food bowl and gave it to Sana who happily ate as her human fed her. Tzuyu entered the room and was amazed that Jihyo was able to get Sana to eat, but it eased her worries for the dog's health. She could see that Sana was very happy with Jihyo.

"Jihyo unnie..."

Jihyo looked up.

"If you leave Sana here, she won't eat or drink. I think it would be best if you took Sana. She clearly is very attached to you. And you're clearly attached to her. Jihyo unnie please."

Jihyo looked back at Sana who was giving her puppy dog eyes. 

"Okay, fine. I'll take her."

Tzuyu gave her a thumbs up. 

Jihyo got Sana off her laps and stood up which scared Sana, she thought Jihyo was leaving her again, she wrapped her two front legs around Jihyo's leg. She started barking and whimpering while looking up at Jihyo. The girl smiled and bent down to pat Sana's head, while the dog started her face then trying to trying to get into her arms.

"Calm down girl, I'm not leaving ya. It's okay. Let's go home."

Jihyo picked Sana up while the dog's waved side to side, they got to Jihyo's car and she placed Sana in the backseat while she got into the driver's seat. But Sana barked and jumped onto her lap and looked up at her.

"No Sana, in the back seat."

But Sana had already laying comfortably and Jihyo didn't have the heart to move the cutie. So she drove home while Sana comfortable layed on her lap. When they got home, Jihyo picked Sana up and locked her car door. She put her Sana down because her arms were getting tired and also because she had to unlock her front door. Sana followed Jihyo happily.

When she got inside the house, Jihyo went straight the bedroom, she was so tired. But this time, Jihyo picked Sana up and bought her to bed with her. The dog cuddle closer to Jihyo and slowly fell asleep.