9: HONESTY PILL

Take You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#EXOISCOMING!!

With that being said, here's a snippet of EXO preparing for a comeback. Lmao.

9: HONESTY PILL

True to his words, Baekhyun juggles his schedule preparing for their Winter comeback and helping Soohyun secretly prepare for her audition in SM Entertainment on Saturday. On his first day of recording, he brings Soohyun with him, so she can observe how the producers direct the recordings—just to give her a peek on how the music industry works. She’s allowed inside the control room upon Baekhyun’s request.

            “You excel at rapping the most, so I’ll leave that to you,” Baekhyun tells her as they wait at the lobby for the signal for him to go inside the studio. “I could help you improve your vocals, but I don’t think I can do much in dancing. But Jongin can help you with that,” he suggests.

            “How about Sehun?” she exhorts.

            Baekhyun shakes his head in objection. “He respects Junmyeon hyung too much. And Yixing hyung will side with the other hyungs, I’m sure. Your only hope is Jongin.”

            Kyungsoo goes out of the studio after recording, then he transfers to the control room, where the sound engineers and PD are staying, to monitor his performance. One of the staffs informs Baekhyun that he’s up next. He stands up and enters the live room, leaving Soohyun in the lobby.

            After a few minutes, Kyungsoo goes out of the control room and takes a seat beside her. “What were you and Baekhyun talking about? You both look so into it,” he asks before drinking in his bottled water.

            She shrugs as she eats the fries that they bought at the drive-thru before going straight to the recording studio. The other members are scheduled for recording later after the main vocalists. Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Jongdae lead the recording as they have the most lines in the title track. Jongdae is now at the second studio, recording another song. He’s already done recording the title track.

            “Just asking about how the stuffs work in the recording studio,” she sedately retorts.

            Kyungsoo grasps her hand and stands up. She looks at him inquisitively. “Come on, let’s watch Baekhyun inside.” He tugs her when she doesn’t move from her seat.

            She shakes her head and looks warily at the staffs. “I was told by the staffs that I could only come inside after Baekhyun finished recording.”

            “You can watch the whole thing with me,” he assures her with an impish smile.

            “You’re done for today?” she asks her as they walk to the control room.

            Kyungsoo holds the door for her and let her go in first. “Still have one song to record after Jongdae.”

            EXO are recording two songs for today. The recording started at 10 AM with Jongdae and Kyungsoo. She got there with Baekhyun at 11 AM.

            Baekhyun is already starting with his first line when they go in. The PD asks Baekhyun to redo his line because he suddenly gets distracted. Kyungsoo and Soohyun take their seats at the sofa behind the PD.

            “Baekhyun-ssi, your voice is too hoarse,” the PD says through the mic as he chuckles at the singer.

            Baekhyun faintly laughs, scratching his head. “Sorry. I’ll do it again.” His eyes shift to the lady sitting beside Kyungsoo. She gives him thumbs up to cheer him up. He smiles at her.

            The sound engineer starts the song again. Soohyun shifts her eyes to the producer in front, mentally taking notes of the things he’s saying to the singer.

            Baekhyun starts recording again, eyes focused on a certain someone as he sings. The idol beside the maiden has been watching the singer in the studio intently to miss the changes on his delivery. It is flawless than his first try. Kyungsoo’s mouth parts in enlightenment of the situation.

            “Wow, that was even perfect than the first one. Totally different,” the PD comments after Baekhyun’s part.

            Kyungsoo traces Baekhyun’s line of vision, directing him to the obliviate lady beside him. His eyes narrow into a squint. Soohyun is too busy observing the staffs work around the control room to notice that the singer has been looking at her throughout the recording.

            The door opens revealing Jongdae who just finished recording his parts for the day. “You’re up,” he tells Kyungsoo, who abruptly stands up to the other studio.

            Jongdae takes the empty seat beside Soohyun, dropping his weigh lazily on the sofa. “Tired?” Soohyun asks him.

            “Exhausted,” he replies as he closes his eyes for a rest.

            “You recorded how many lines?”

            “I didn’t count,” he retorts, still closed eyes. “We should be done with Korean version tomorrow, so we could move on with Chinese version by the next day.”

            “Aw, I’m so proud of you, boys,” she cheerily says to hype him up. She hugs Jongdae sideways, causing the singer to open his eyes. “You did well today,” she softly mumbles, resting her chin on his chest.

            Jongdae wraps his arms around her comfortably. “Junmyeon hyung used to tell us that his sister will always hug him tight when he comes home tired from school. My first interaction with you contradicts the image of that sweet, little girl in his stories, but I can see her now.”

            They get interrupted with the PD’s voice, softly scolding the singer inside the studio. “You came off too strong at the beginning. Should I turn on the guide and let you practice once?” he asks Baekhyun.

            Soohyun sits up straight to check on Baekhyun, only to see him frowning inside the studio. He’s resting his hand on the music stand as he reads the lyrics with a scowl. She waits for him to lift his gaze on her direction, but he didn’t.

            “Turn off the guide, I can record right away,” the singer sternly says to the PD. The sound engineer starts the song again from Jongdae’s line. Baekhyun starts recording again.

            Soohyun watches in awe as he sings the of the song and the instrumentals come in full stop for a second, adding highlight to Baekhyun’s voice. This is not the first time she’s hearing him sing this song, but, somehow, Baekhyun gives another kind of rendition to it.

            “That’s good. Do you want another go for it?” the PD asks the artist.

            “No, I’m fine with that,” he answers, coldly, removing his headphones. That’s his last line for the title track. He goes out of the studio to transfer to the control room.

            Jongdae falls asleep beside her. She taps him gently in the shoulder to wake him up. He awakes, just in time the door opens and Baekhyun enters. He’s still wearing a frown when he approaches the producer to listen to his recordings. He doesn’t even spear the lady a passing glance since he comes in.

            “Took him longer than the usual,” Jongdae sleepily remarks, referring to the Byun.

            She tilts her head and gives him an inquisitive look. “He can do faster than that?”

            “Yeah, with no sweat,” he says. “Looks like he’s distracted today,” he smirks at her. She turns to the frowning singer by the PD and wonders what got him so distracted today.

            The door opens again and a newly arrived Junmyeon comes in—he’s up next in the studio. He greets the staffs inside the control room before taking the other empty seat beside his sister.

            “Are you going to wait for me?” he hopefully asks her.

            She pouts as she shakes her head. “I’m waiting for Baekhyun,” she says, pointing at the frowning singer.

            “Looks like he’s in a bad mood,” Junmyeon notes. “Recording didn’t go smoothly?” he turns to Jongdae for an answer, who just shrugs in return.

            The sound engineer gives Junmyeon a go in the studio. He stands up and leave the control room promptly. Baekhyun finishes talking with the producer. He turns to the sofa and grabs his water bottle. “I’ll go to the other studio to check if Kyungsoo is almost done,” he says in a cold manner without giving her a glance.

            “I’ll go with you,” Soohyun abruptly says.

            “You can stay he—”

            “No, don’t go,” Jongdae dramatically drawls, purposely cutting Baekhyun off. He locks Soohyun in his arms, trying so hard to keep a straight face when he sees the dark force rising from his friend.

            “Stay here if y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter