12: KIM DAEPYO

Take You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12: KIM DAEPYO

Baekhyun gracefully walks to Soohyun’s room after he’s done getting ready to leave to the recording studio. He plans to bring her with him again today.

            Yixing and Jongdae already left the house to lead the second day recording of the Chinese version. They are up with last two songs.

            The door of Junmyeon’s room opens when Baekhyun is about to pass by it. He stops and awkwardly looks at the leader.

            “Leaving?” Junmyeon asks. Baekhyun quietly nods as a response. “Are you bringing Soohyun with you?”

            Baekhyun clears his throat, then responds, “yeah.” He points at the right hall, excusing himself to Soohyun’s room.

            “I’ll bring her with me,” Junmyeon utters, making the former stop from walking.

            Baekhyun tilts his head before turning to his hyung again. “Are you keeping her away from me?” he says, thinking that maybe Junmyeon thinks he’s up to no good for his sister.

            “Should I?” the leader sternly throws at him.

            Baekhyun looks down with a sigh before facing Junmyeon with determination. “Hyung, I’m sorry,” he starts, “I admit, I crossed the line with what I did, but I don’t regret a bit of it. You have no idea how excited she was preparing for the audition. She looked so genuinely happy, hyung, how would I regret helping her if that’s the prize I’ll get?” he eagerly reasons out.

            Junmyeon purses his lips, delighted to hear that. He’s a bit sad that he wasn’t able to see that moment, but still glad to know that she’s happy of what she’s doing now.

            “I am not keeping her away from you, Baekhyun. I just want to be alone with her today,” he explains to his dongsae.

            “Ah,” Baekhyun nods, a bit embarrassed of his sudden outburst.

            “Baekhyun,” Junmyeon calls him again when he turns his back to leave. Baekhyun turns around to face him. “Thank you for caring about her,” he says, smiling at him.

            Baekhyun shakes his head, as if telling the leader that it’s nothing, because he willingly did all of that. “Please, don’t make her cry again, hyung,” he pleads.

            Junmyeon tilts his head, grinning at him. “Do you like my sister, Baekhyun?” he frankly asks, arching a brow at him.

            Does he?

            Baekhyun blinks, trying to sink in the question. He starts to fidget on his feet, seeking an answer to the question in his mind. He tightly shuts his mouth when he can’t grasp a response. He doesn’t know the answer.

            Junmyeon chuckles when he sees Baekhyun struggling to answer. “I don’t want her to date an idol, if it’s up to me—but it’s not,” he admits, much to Baekhyun’s relief. “But I think she’s already promised to someone else,” he adds with a smug smirk.

            Baekhyun sharply turns his head to the leader. “Say what now?”

            Junmyeon shrugs his shoulders. “It’s nothing serious, I think. She has a childhood friend from Daegu back in Apgujeong High School. They promised to marry each other when they’re older. That’s it, actually. It sounds silly, forget about it.” Then he taps Baekhyun in the shoulder before walking to his sister’s room, wearing a smug look on his face.

            Baekhyun spaces out, not wanting to believe the leader’s words. He leaves the house to the recording studio still dazed.

            What Junmyeon has said is all true. Only that his sister has lost connection with the said childhood friend from Daegu a long time ago when they parted ways after graduating in high school. On his first years as a trainee, Junmyeon still used to ask Soohyun’s nanny for updates about her.

            The nanny has told him about this boy that Soohyun met in high school. The boy raps too, according to the nanny. Soohyun didn’t date her friend. They just promised to marry each other when they are older and still single.

            But Junmyeon will not tell Baekhyun about that. He’ll let him think that Soohyun is still in contact with her childhood friend. Then maybe Baekhyun will know the answer to his question.

            He knocks on his sister’s room anxiously. The other members already informed him that they explained a bit to Soohyun about what happened in the morning. He still owes her his own explanation, though.

            The door opens, revealing his sister. His eyes turn gentle at the sight of her. She went through a lot, and he still regrets not being with her at those times. But he swears to himself that he’ll never leave her side again.

            He takes a deep breath before speaking. “I’m leaving to the studio, want to come with me?” he softly asks her.

            There’s no more hatred nor anger in her eyes as she looks at his brother now. In fact, she’s been looking for him since breakfast.

            She nods. “I’ll just change my clothes and get my things,” she tells him.

            Junmyeon patiently waits outside her room. After a few minutes, she goes out, wearing the oversized Gucci shirt that Baekhyun bought for her, tucked in stylishly in a denim pants. Her sling bag is hanging over her shoulder.

            “Baekhyun will be flattered when sees you wearing that,” he tells his sister as he eyes her outfit.

            Soohyun shrugs her shoulders. “Won’t hurt to give him credit for it.”

            Junmyeon chuckles in response. They walk together downstairs quietly.

            “Junmyeon?” she calls in the middle of the stairs.

            “Hmm?”

            “Who’s using my room before?” she curiously asks, pertaining to the room she’s using in their dorm.

            Nine members, ten bedrooms. Sehun may be sharing a room with Junmyeon, but he still owns the other vacant room in the house. What Soohyun keeps on wondering is who owns the other vacant room. At first, she thinks it’s their manager’s, but according to Kyungsoo, Manager Youngmin has his own place.

            “No one,” Junmyeon responds.

            “It hasn’t been used yet?”

            Junmyeon shakes his head. “It was supposed to belong to a former member.” Then he smiles sadly at her.

            According to google when she looked up for them, EXO originally have twelve members; three already left the group. She tilts her head curiously. “Which one?” she asks her brother.

            The leader just smiles at her. He puts an arm over her shoulder as they walk to the car. There’s something in his smile that makes Soohyun wonder why it looks like he’s still longing for the former members. Then, she remembers what Kyungsoo has told her about Junmyeon going through a lot compared to the other members.

            Raised by a strict professor, there is no doubt that Junmyeon is a great leader.

            “I’m going to the company tomorrow,” she tells her brother when they get in the car. Junmyeon creases his forehead, turning to her. “I’ve made up my mind. I’ll talk to dad.”

            The determination in her voice is solid, as if no one will ever make her change her decision. If her stubbornness will only lead to Junmyeon going against their parents as well, she doesn’t want that. It’s more than enough for her that she patched things up with him. As long as her brother is beside her, she can overcome anything they will throw at her.

            And she has EXO.

            Junmyeon sighs. She’s making sacrifices again for their family. “I’ll cover that for you, Soohyun. You do what you want now.”

            She smiles bittersweetly at his brother. He has a lot in his mind already as an idol, she doesn’t want to be a burden to him. Kyungsoo is right. She can only expect them to guide her, but not do everything for her. If she really wants to prove herself, she has to do it on her own.

            She reaches for his hand and holds it. “Oppa…” she softly mumbles. Junmyeon parts his lips, astound to hear his little sister calls him that way again after so many years. “Trust me, I’ll handle this like a grown-up woman,” she assures him.

            Junmyeon purses his lips as he stares at his sister. “But you’re still my baby…” he whines, making her chuckle at his antic.

            “Ahjussi, saranghae-yo,” she mocks him, smiling mischievously.

            Junmyeon squints his eyes at her. He muffles a laugh, then he leans towards his sister and kisses her in the forehead. “I love you too, Soohyun.”

            When they arrive at the recording studio, they are welcomed by a struggling Byun Baekhyun inside the studio, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter