1: THE BLACK SHEEP

Take You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1: THE BLACK SHEEP

Every parent has their favorite child. If you’re an only child, you’re that blessed. If there are three or more children in the family, there will be that one kid who gets put aside.

            Kim Soohyun only has a brother. Lucky, you’d think. He’s their dad’s favorite… and also their mom’s. Her brother was supposed to be the heir of their family business, until he decided to be an idol. So, while he’s living the life as an idol, Soohyun was struggling in business school as the new heiress of the company.

            She grew up hating him for that.

            Soohyun believes that she was born to perform and inspire. She wants to touch lives through her music. All of that were ruined because of her parents. They don’t discriminate artists, no—they think she won’t make it. Unlike her now-famous brother.

            He is the leader of the idol group called EXO. Soohyun doesn’t know much about them. She knows all of their names, but she’s still familiar with the faces of some of the members because of the different levels of their popularity. She’s only seen them perform in the television twice.

            Soohyun never claimed to be Junmyeon’s sister. Even though their group is so popular around the world. She went on as if he doesn’t exist in her life. He did that too. Kim Junmyeon only goes home once a year… sometimes, once in two years. It’s fine, though. She rarely goes home either after she moved out of their house to finish business school.

            Ordered by her father, she took up her master’s in business after getting a degree. Today is her graduation day. And Soohyun got the most touching graduation gift from her father earlier…

            “If I had let you be an idol like Junmyeon, you will not succeed like him. So, be thankful,” her father mercilessly boasted. “I would let you, but you can’t even sing that good like Junmyeon. You just, what, rap? What were you thinking ten years ago, when you told me you wanted to be a rapper?” he let out a sarcastic smirk.

            Yeah, thanks a lot, Soohyun said in mind.

            She came back to her senses when her favorite song boomed in the exclusive club she’s at right now.

            After hearing hurtful words from her father, he announced that she’ll officially claim the post as Chief Executive Officer in their company next week. She packed her clothes and other things after that. Then, she ran away with her car.

            Soohyun felt her phone vibrating through the back pocket of her skinny jeans. She ignores it and continues to dance to the music. The vibration stops for a moment, then it vibrates again.

            Assuming it’s her father, she irritatingly takes her phone out only to be shocked to see her brother’s caller ID flashing on the screen of her phone. With a frown on her face, she left the dance floor. She grabs a shot glass from a waiter on the way to her table and slugs it down before answering her brother’s call.

            “Where are you?” Those are the first words he’s said to her after so many years of not talking to each other.

            “Aw, I miss you too, Junmyeon,” she sourly yammers.

            Junmyeon sighs from the other line. “Where are you, Soohyun?”

            “Partying,” she stolidly replies.

            “Where?” Junmyeon presses.

            “Itaewon. Why, you coming?” Soohyun muffles a sarcastic laugh.

            The line went dead after that. She made face while staring at her phone after the call. Psh, as if he’ll come here, she smirks.

            About to return to the dance floor, Soohyun got stopped by two familiar men who starts dragging her out of that place.

            “Oh, come on! Can’t dad let me enjoy an hour of freedom from him?” she shouts as she tries to free herself from their grip. “Let me ing go!”

            The two poor men are one of their family’s securities.

            They shove her in inside a car, which is waiting at the VIP entrance at the back of the club.

            “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter