Ch.3

Roller coaster

It's the opening of second semester of second year after a two week break, and I'm just so excited to start my college. I've never feel this way before, so excited and full of energy to step in the college. Probably because I just got into a relationship during the end of third semester with my crush. Hyun is with me through out the journey of me trying to get in a relationship with my long term crush and he's so happy that I finally get into a relationship after months of being single.

 

I don't have class until two in the evening, but I still come to the college in the morning. I wait for him at the cafe while I pretending to read my notes that I just received from email yesterday. I look up when someone stand in front of me.

 

"Chanyeol !"

 

I get up and immediately give him a longing hug, smiling brightly as I inhales his scent. Chanyeol softly tap my shoulder before we pull away. He give me a light smile before he settle himself on the chair that I just sat on. Being the excited me, I don't notice the gloomy expression.

 

"Let's eat before your class start."

 

I hold out my hand but he just stares at it until I snap my finger in front of him. "Helo Chanyeol?You here?"

 

He look up at me and give me a smile before he holds my hand. We then walks to the counter to order our breakfast.

 

"How long we have been together?" He asks.

 

I usually will get so upset over the fact that my boyfriend doesn't remember how long we two have been together, but this time, it's fine. because it's Chanyeol, my long term crush. I hums, "A month and 14 days. We got together few weeks before semester break. Why?"

 

Chanyeol order our meals and pay for it, lowkey hoping he will pay and he did it, it makes me happy that I have a boyfriend that can buy me meals. Not that I want him to support me financially, but it just great to have someone pay for your meals especially it's someone who you love.

 

"I'm just asking." Chanyeol take the tray and we then walks to the nearest empty table. "And wow, you remember that?"

 

"Yea-"

 

"Chanyeol !"

 

I look at the person who call out my boyfriend's name in the middle on the cafe. Not someone who I know so I look back at Chanyeol. Chanyeol looks flustered but he didn't say anything, instead he give the other male a smile. The other male stop in front of us and greet Chanyeol.

 

"Who's this?" I asks out of curiosity.

 

"Baekhyun." He smiles while extending his hand for a handshake. "Byun Baekhyun."

 

This is the first time I meet Byun Baekhyun, not realising my relationship with my long term crush will come to an end because of this man.

 

***

 

It's been three days since Baekhyun clarified everything to Junmyeon, but things didn't go well with Junmyeon. He has been asking me to change my number, but I can't do that because of my work. Too much people in my workplace have to deal with me about work, I can't just change my number just because my boyfriend ask me to. I have to let people know about my new number and it's such a hassle to do so. I wish Junmyeon could be a lil more understanding of my work, just like how I am to his.

 

I was doing my work when suddenly my brain decided to play me by remembering the evening meeting with Baekhyun. Soon after Baekhyun said that, I immediately walks away from him because why should I tell him that I still remember him? There's no reason for me to do so. I actually glad that he didn't contact me at all after we met, because to be honest I still hate him for what he did back in college. I shakes the thought away, it's in the past, I shall just forget it.

 

"Psss."

 

I look up from my PC to see Taerin, my colleague senior. I raises my eyebrows, asking her what does she want. She hands me a few papers as she grins.

 

"What is this?"

 

I only peek at the papers, noticing figures and stuff on the paper I immediately know that she, again asking me to help her. I shakes my head before I concentrate with my work again.

 

"Please? I have to submit my work today and it's not even half way finish."

 

"Do you think I'm sitting here doing nothing? I'm rushing too-"

 

"Please please." She put the papers down on my table and walks away while saying- "I will treat you lunch tomorrow !" before she disappear into her room. I mentally curse her as I grab the papers and slam it down my table. I scans the papers and sighs, too much mistake that I need to check and key in again in my system. Tell me, why does this did her work half heartedly?

 

"Eonnie."

 

A soft slow voice called me. I frowns as I look at the voice's owner. "What?"

 

Haerin look timid by the look I gave her, so I inhales deeply before giving the intern a smile. I usually not this fierce to interns, but probably I'm just so mad at Taerin, my senior. That woman- ugh better not talk about her.

 

"What is it, Haerin?"

 

"I can help you with that. But, we have to go to the site today, Eonnie."

 

"Oh crap."

 

I glances at the time on my pc and immediately get up from my seat. It's currently 3 pm and I actually pretty late to meet the supervisor at construction site.

 

"Okay, uh get our stuff and I will wait for you at the car park alright? Be quick !"

 

With that, Haerin scramble away to get her stuff and I walks downstairs to my car. While waiting for Haerin, I text the supervisor telling him that I might be late because of traffic jam. Thankfully he is okay with it, or else I will get scold again. I end the call and dial Junmyeon's number. He pick up when I almost end the call.

 

"Hello?"

 

I greet him back, and he ask me what do I want, calling him in the middle of office hour. I rolls my eyes, it's not like he can't answer the call or something, plus it's not like I wanted to talk with him for hours. Geez.

 

"Just wanna tell you that I will be late today."

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"Site, meeting the site supervisor."

 

"Male?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Alone?"

 

"No, with the intern."

 

"Male?"

 

Now, this is what I don't like about Junmyeon. Asking me like this as if I'm going to cheat on him if I meet with another man for work. It's for work purpose, for God's sake. I sighs.

 

"It's for work, Junmyeon. And its a she."

 

He hums. "Alright. Take care."

 

'Hey-" I look at the front mirror to see Haerin in walking towards my car. "Dinner together tonight? 7pm?"

 

"Alright."

 

I let out a sigh when I ended the call. Why do I think I'm the only one who's trying the hardest to mantain this relationship? He, on the other hand half-asses everything. The three days after meeting Baekhyun was filled with nothing, but only silent treatment. I don't know what is he thinking. When I asked him, he simply said that he is busy. So, I understand. I'm trying to be a good girlfriend here. But when I see his instagram's stories, it doesn't looks like he is busy at all.

 

"Eonnie?"

 

"Huh?" I look at Haerin who is already sit at the passenger seat. When did she get in?

 

"Are we going?"

 

"Y-yeah."

 

I drives to the location without saying much. My mind is still thinking about how Junmyeon is still giving me cold treatment even after he knows that I didnt cheat and that what happened was just misunderstanding. That until Haerin calls out my name, I snap back to the reality then ask her if she have something to say.

 

"Did you know that they are going to hire a permanent staff for the intern position?"

 

"Really?" I frowns, but its actually a good news for me who has been teaching intern about my job scope every three months, because they keep changing. "How did you know about this?"

 

She gasps. Realising that she actually shouldn't tell this to me, at least not until it become an official news in the office. I chuckles. "It's fine. It's only me."

 

She look hesitated before I assure her that it's fine. I'm not going to tell anyone about this, not like I have any friends at the office anyway. She then tell me that this guy at HR department told her about it when they went out for lunch.

 

"Is he allowed to tell you that tho?"

 

"Eonnie..." She trails, scared that I might spill out the secret to any of the manager. I chuckles. "I'm joking, Haerin."

 

The drive to the site takes about twenty minutes before we arrived there. Haerin and I immediately see the supervisor at his cabin and proceed with the meetings. The meeting suddenly focus on me and the company I work for, saying that I should submit the documents as soon as possible. I could not retort back because they are the higher up and I shall listen to them. The best I can do is nods. We finish the meeting one hour later, thank God. I check my phone while Haerin gather our stuff, it's almost five in the evening.

 

"Haerin, do you want to eat first before I send you back to the office?"

 

I get up from the seat before we both walks out of the cabin. Haerin politely rejects my offer. "You don't have to send me back to the office, Eonnie."

 

I raises my eyebrows as I fishes out my car key, "Then?"

 

She mutter slowly, but I can hear it perfectly. "He's going to fetch me, so I will see Eonnie tomorrow?"

 

Knowing that she's going on a date with the HR guy, I smiles and nods before I walks to my car, leaving her behind. I have exactly two hours before my dinner with Junmyeon, so I still have time to go for grocery shopping. I drives my car to the nearest mart, the drives was peaceful until I heard a loud thud coming from my car. I gasps in shock, then pull over the roadside. I get out of the car to check and see the flat tire on the front side.

 

"Damn.."

 

I sighs as I get my phone in the car and dialed Hyun's number while kicking the flat tire with my heels. Out of time, why does it have to be now? God. After a few rings, no one answer it. So I decided to call him through his kakaotalk and it remain the same, Hyun didn't pick it up. I have no idea how to handle a flat tire situation, I have no knowledge about it. I lean on the car as I dialed Junmyeon's number, he answer it after few rings.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Junmyeon ! Uh my car-"

 

"Babe, I kinda busy. I'm still in meeting"

 

"But- Junmyeon? Hello?"

 

I stare at the screen, dumbfounded that Junmyeon actually hung up on me. I softly mutter under my breath "What the .." before I rubs my face softly. Now, who should I call again? I scroll through my contacts. My parents? Absolutely not, they are far. Taerin? That ? No thanks. Haerin? On a date with the HR guy. Hyun? Doesn't pick up my call. I groans. "Why do I have boyfriend if he can't help me during this time." I call Hyun for the second time, while mumbling stuff I'm not satisfied with my boyfriend. It took him more than ten rings before he pick up, I sighs in relieves.

 

"Great, just in time for you to pick up my call because if not, I really will end up alone in the middle of the road with my flat tire car, and I probably will go missing for a week because why they none of my close friend pick up my call when I'm in an emergency situation?"

 

I groans before I inhales deeply, trying to calm myself down.

 

"Where are you?"

 

I frowns, noticing that the voice doesn't sounds like Hyun at all. My brain starts to function well and thinking about the possibility of I dialed the wrong number, but of course I hope I was wrong. I slowly look at the screen and it shows Hyun2 on the screen. I gasps as I end the call, touching the red circle a few times before it disconnect me with Baekhyun.

 

"Oh my God, what should I do? Oh my God, Oh my God."

 

My phone rings. I stare at the caller, it's Baekhyun. I let it unanswer before he call me again. I didn't answer. I would rather leave my car here and go home by taxi, than getting a help from Baekhyun. When I didn't answer any of his call, he text me ;

2Eu16GT.png

 

 

At the mention of my boyfriend, I immediatelly reply to Baekhyun. I don't want any misunderstanding between me and Junmyeon, I'd rather Baekhyun help me this time and we didn't get in touch anymore, than him calling Junmyeon and let the man think differently of me. I sighs as I send my location to Baekhyun. He asks me to wait for him and do not move until he arrives, I snorts because who does he think he is to order me around like this? Okay maybe I'm a lil bit over reacting.

 

I get in my car and lock it from inside, while waiting for Baekhyun I scroll through my SNS, seeing people's pictures and updates of their life. I click Junmyeon's profile on instagram, there are only few pictures of me and him together, the rest are mostly with his colleagues which is so upsetting because I expect different. After twenty minutes of waiting, finally Baekhyun arrives. He knock on the window, signalling me to get out of the car. I clears my throat as I unlock the door and get out of the car. I scans him as he look down to the flat tire, his hair changed, it's now in pink color. Weird but he still look good, I gotta admit it.

 

"How did it become like this?" He look up to meet my eyes, I looks away as I clears my throat.

 

"I..I don't know. I heard a loud thud noise and the next thing I know was, the tire is like this."

 

He nods. "Do you have a Jack?"

 

I have no idea what is he talking about, I shakes my head. He raises his eyebrows like he is judging me.

 

"Nevermind." He said. "Open the trunk."

 

I immediately pull the thing besides the car seat, and the trunk is open. Baekhyun walks to the open trunk and I follow behind him. He checks it and look at me again with his judging face.

 

"Oh honey, don't tell me you don't have a spare tire?"

 

I frowns. "Am I supposed to have it?"

 

He chuckles lightly as he crosses his arms over her chest, looking at me. "You don't know a thing about car, huh?"

 

"Technically, I know how to drive."

 

I blurt out. Baekhyun chuckles again before he walks to his car that I didn't aware of. I gasps mentally because holy , Range Rover? Damn, y. The car I mean. He stand next to me again while calling someone on his phone.

 

"I want to help you with the tire but since you don't have a spare tire, we have to call a tow truck."

 

I look up at him, "You don't have a spare tire?"

 

I don't know how stupid I sound until Baekhyun said, "It doesn't fit your car, sweetheart."

 

"Hello?" Baekhyun proceed talking about the situation the person in the other line, telling the person all details while I stay silent besides him. I text Hyun to see if he can pick me up here and hoping that he will reply as soon as possible. "Just the tire. You don't need the key right?" He glances at me while I pretend to be busy by sending Hyun a lot of text but sadly, he didn't read it yet.

 

"Come on, lock your car and I will send you home."

 

"Huh? What about my car?"

 

"There will be a tow truck to pick up your car and bring it to car workshop."

 

Baekhyun unlock his car and open the passanger's door.

 

"They can't fix it tonight?"

 

He shakes his head. "I'm afraid not, they already close and will only fix it tomorrow morning."

 

"Oh.." I stare at him, suddenly feel so lost at the situation. So how do I tell Junmyeon about my car? And how do I go to work tomorrow? I look at Baekhyun when I heard his whistle, he is smiling at me. "Come on." He said.

 

"Uhm no, thank you. I will go home by taxi. And let me know about-"

 

The next thing I know is Baekhyun holding my hand while looking at me. As if he knows about my situation with Junmyeon, he gently say; "Don't worry. I won't tell your boyfriend anything, or let him find out about today, alright? Let me send you home so I will be at ease."

 

As if possessed by the words, I follow Baekhyun to the car. I may be tired from today or I don't know honestly, what's in mind that I willingly follow Baekhyun to his car. I get in and soon he get in too.

 

"Did you lock your car?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Okay, great."

 

He then proceed to drive after he key in my address to the GPS. I look around the car, the scent smell so good and Oh my god, my hand softly rubs the seat, feeling the expensive leather seat that I will never can afford to buy. I glances at Baekhyun who is driving silently, with one hand. I clears my throat and divert my eyes to somewhere else. The car is really pretty, compare to my cheap car. I unknowingly let out a sigh.

 

"You okay?"

 

He sounds concern but maybe it just my feeling.

 

"Yeah.." I trails off. "Anyway, sorry that I disturb you today. I dialed the wrong number, I didn't know it was you. You probably-"

 

"Hey." He chuckles lightly. "It's fine. I'm glad you dialed the wrong number."

 

Not wanting to over analyst what Baekhyun said, I just nods at him. The drive to my apartment take about fourty-five minutes and it's been only fifteen-minutes. My phone rings and God knows how horror it is when I see the caller ID. It's Junmyeon. Should I answer or not?"

 

I end up answer his call. "Yeah?"

 

"Where are you? It's already 8 p.m"

 

I gulps down as I glances at Baekhyun. "Uhm my car broke down in the middle of the road."
 

"And then?"

 

"I called the tow truck, and they said they can only fix it tomorrow."

 

He hums. "How are you going to go home now?"

 

"Oh that. I uhm in the taxi now, on my way."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah-"

 

I know he is suspicious of me . Junmyeon is always suspicious of everything I do, as if whatever I do is going to risk our relationship. Just like right now, the least he can do is offering to pick me up, not asking me how am I going to go home. Assh- ah I should'nt curse my boyfriend. I end the call and sighs in relief.

 

"Did he ever physically abuse you?"

 

"Excuse me?" I frowns as I look at Baekhyun. Junmyeon might be annoying but he never ever physically abuse me, not like he ever mentally abuse me too. He never. I am perfectly fine.

 

"Sorry, my bad." He immediately apologise. I shakes my head, ending the conversation with Baekhyun. The drive to my apartment is silent, only filled with songs from Baekhyun's playlist. He park the car when we arrives.

 

"Thank you, Baekhyun." I clears my throat. Baekhyun nods as he smiles. Maybe he should stop smiling at me from now on. "And can you text me the car workshop's number?"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I-" My eyes widen when I see Junmyeon through the window of driver's seat, walking towards Baekhyun's car. "Oh ." I immediately lowered the seat and hides my face with my hand.

 

"What are you doing?" Baekhyun laughs when he sees me hiding in his car, might look hilarious to him. But if Junmyeon find out I'm in Baekhyun's car, my relationship is over. "It's not funny, don't laugh at me !"

 

"Darling, my car is tinted. Your boyfriend can't see you from outside."

 

Baekhyun give me his mischievious smile when I look at him. I look and sound so dumb right now, I immediately get up and grab my bag. "Well, yeah okay. Uhm don't forget to text me the details."

 

"I can send you to your work place tomorrow."

 

"Why would you do that?" I rolls my eyes. "Just text me the details."

 

"Because it's exciting." I raises my eyebrows. The more I stay with Baekhyun, the more I can't figure what does he think. First, why would he drove to me just to help me. Second, why would he send me home, why not let me take a taxi to go home. Third, why would he send me to my work place. We are not even friend to begin with. I hate him for what he did, and I still do, I'm sure he knows that. Why and just why? Baekhyun give me his sweetest smile and said;

 

"It's exciting hiding from your boyfriend and do all this stuff."

 

***

comments are highly appreciated

-tbc-