Ch.1

Roller coaster

"No, I mean it's so weird."

 

I push the door to get inside the cafe. I clamp my phone in between my shoulder and ears as I rummage through my slingbag while listening to what my friend is saying. I sighs as I stand in the queue line. "Maybe it's your co worker."

 

"That can't be." When I get a hold of my purse, I hold my phone with my other empty hand. "I was outside and no one's with me. How come a man pick up the call from him when I was alone? Don't you find it weird?"

 

I moves forward when the queue line moves. Thinking to have an ice latte but it isn't strong enough for my sleepiness and fatigue, so I'm just gonna get an americano. "Or maybe, he dialled the wrong number. Did you check your call log? If there's any missed call from him?"

 

"Oh righ." I facepalms. Totally forgetting that there's this feature people called as call log to traces missed call. "But you know how he is like. He won't accept any excuses. He will never think he is wrong nor will he apologise for his mistakes."

 

I scoffs in annoyance upon remembering about my boyfriend's attitude. One time, he accused me of cheating behind him when I just clearly having a lunch with my friend, Hyun. But he interpreted it in a wrong way. He's such an avid fan of this quote "Men and women can't be bestfriend", well that I think I can be bestfriend with anyone I like. Anyway, since I prove it that he was wrong, he still won't apologise. He's lucky that I'm head over heels for him, or else I would just leave his over jealous .

 

"You know what?" My friend Hyun said in the other line. "Hyun, hold on." I made an order when I arrived in front of the counter, thinking if I should get my boyfriend something for dinner. I ended up ordering two americano and two sandwiches, each for us. Hyun then continue when I clears my throat. "I think it's best for you to leave him. So what if he thinks you are leaving him because you cheated?" I heard a loud tud on the other side, pretty sure Hyun is being emotional and knock something hard in return. He continue again, "Girl, you just HAVE TO leave his annoying ."

 

I'm pretty sure his hatred towards my boyfriend just increase 10 percent from 60 percent. I shakes my head as I take a sit on the chair while waiting for my order to be ready. "I will, later." I chuckles as I hear an annoying scoffs from the other line. Hyun knows that I will never break up with my boyfriend, considering that I got him to be my boyfriend with so much efforts. Eventhough, he's quite annoying but it's only a bit comparing to his good side. I can bear with it. "Also, what should I do about the call?"

 

"Check it in your call log first, and explain to your annoying boyfriend." He clicks his tongue before he continue, "If he didn't believe you, call me over so I can knock some sense into him, yea?"

 

I get up to take my order when the buzzer buzz, holding the paper bag as I get out of the cafe."Thanks Hyun, but please don't hurt my boyfriend." I grins unconsiously as I listen to his grumble on the other line "I'm on my way home, see you this weekend for lunch?"

 

I listen to his nagging for a few seconds before I end the call, promising that we will have a lunch together on Saturday. After few minutes of walking, I arrives at my apartment, getting into the lift and straight up to the 8th floor. When I open the main door, I see his shoes at the shoe rack. We've been together for two year since last year of college, and he's pretty much living with me now that my place is near to his workplace.

 

"Junmyeon?" I take off my shoes as I get in, smiling when I see him on the couch watching something on the TV. I put down the paper bag on the coffee table and immediately settle myself besides him.

 

"I got you an ice americano and sandwich. You said you are going to stay up to finish stuff right?"

 

He didn't answer me. I pokes his shoulder to gain his attention. "Hey, are you listening?"

 

"I am." He answers short with his eyes still watching the TV. I raises my eyebrows, he isn't usually like this. Is it because of the call stuff? I asked again, "What's wrong?"

 

"What's wrong?" He asked me in disbelief, now looking at me with his no-so-mad face. He isn't that mad, he is..I don't know probably jealous. Or mad, or both. Yeap.

 

"What did I do now?"

 

"Where were you half an hour ago?"

 

My mind flashes back to the scene where I was at the cafe and was on call with Hyun.

 

"At the cafe? I was buying coffee and sandwich."

 

Junmyeon get up from the sofa, walking back and forth looking so frustrated. He stops and look down at me, eyebrows furrows together. "Don't lie to me." I gaped. What in the world is happening? I glances at my Ice Americano and sandwich before I look up back at him, shaking my head lightly. Guess I have to be hungry first and entertain his questions.

 

"I did not, and will never lie to you."

 

Junmyeon let out a frustrated sighs as he runs his fingers through his hair. Something that I love to see but not when he is in his jealous mood. I blinks at him, waiting for him to say something but instead he is just staring at me.

 

"What is wrong?" I asked again.

 

"Are you cheating behind me?"

 

I immediately rolls my eyes, knowing how ridiculous this stuff is and God knows how many times I hear it from Junmyeon. Junmyeon is still staring at me when I decided to take a sip of my Ice Americano and unwrap my sandwhich.

 

I'm so used of this situation that I don't feel anything.

 

"You know.." I take a bite of my sandwich. "You've been accusing m of cheating when I didn't. I mean baby, where is the proof?"

 

I see him clenches his fist, probably now mad for real that I sounds like I take this so lightly. When I finally succeed on having him as my boyfriend, I swear to God that I won't cheat, unless he's cheating first. I'm confidence in myself, I won't cheat. Junmyeon fishes out his handphone from his pocket and throw it on the couch.

 

"See the call log and see if there's any proof of you cheating behind me."

 

With laziness, I put down the sandwich and grab his phone. "What? Another pictures of me and Hyun?" Junmyeon didn't say anything but only staring at me. I open his call log and frowns. I blinks my eyes a few times but it still not changing.

 

Junmyeon let out a dry chuckle. "Caught huh? What's your explanation now?"

 

I stares up at him, thinking how do I explain this to him, because in no world Junmyeon would believe me. I mean who will? This is ridiculous, what happened is ! I scrambles quickly and find my phone in my sling bag. "Look.." I said while I scroll through my call log, and there's no his name on my recent incoming call or missed call. I frowns as I usher him to sit besides me but he didn't budge.

 

"Baby, come on. Come here, I will explain."

 

It took him a minute of staring before he unwillingly sit besides me. I then shows him my call logs "Look, there's no your name in my recent incoming call or missed call. See here? It's Hyun. My last call was with Hyun, I wasn't with anyone. I was alone ! "

 

He purses his lips, his voice low "Then, how do you explain it? Why is your name on my outgoing call? The guy answered and I heard the guy's voice."

 

I gulps down while I'm looking at him. I wish this is not a serious argument, but it will soon, especially when Junmyeon is talking with his low voice. Sounding so gloomy and frustrated. Junmyeon never raised his voice at me, but instead when he get mad, he will talk like this and keep silent. I didn't suffer from violent boyfriend, but quiet boyfriend when he's mad make me suffering.

 

"Didn't you said you worked hard to get my attention before? and now that you do, you cheated behind me?"

 

I snap back in reality, looking at his gloomy handsome face. "No..It's not like that.."

 

"Then what?" His voice sounds so painful. "Who is the guy?"

 

"I don't know. I swear to God, I didn't received any call from you and I was in conversation with Hyun through phone. I have no idea."

 

Junmyeon mentioned about this stuff few weeks ago but I managed to shrug it off and make it seems like nothing. Well, it is nothing ! He might dialed the wrong number for all I know.

 

"Does it even make any sense? I called your number, a guy answered it and you said you have no idea?"

 

I nods slowly, reading his gloomy expression. "I didn't cheat behind you. I swear to God."

 

Now I'm fidgetting, knowing well that Junmyeon won't believe me. I mean, who will? It's so obvious that he called my number and someone answer it, but it's definitely not me. I sighs as I look at my boyfriend.

 

"The least you can do, is telling me the truth. Don't lie."

 

I stares at him who's staring blankly on the floor. I have no idea how this happened, in this modern technology it can be someone hack my phone, no? I slowly hold his hand. "I didn't cheat behind you... That's the truth."

 

I have no idea how to convince him when there's a proof of me answering his call, when clearly I didn't because I was on call with Hyun. Junmyeon slowly pry my hands away from him and get up from the couch.

 

"Junmyeon please, let's talk about this."

 

What I got is a silence treatment again and he walks inside my work room without saying anything. I sighs again, how did this happened?

 

***

What happened the next day and the following week is the constant argument I had with Junmyeon, almost everyday. That it giving me headache and my mood is always at the bottom because I no longer receives affection from my handsome boyfriend. Silence treatment is the worst, Junmyeon won't even talk to me, he will only nod and shake his head to each of my questions. Even when I asked if he still love me, he only nodded which I find so cute.

 

"Now that you mentioned it, I find it so weird too."

 

I look at my friend, Hyun who's eating his favorite pasta while nodding like he is thinking of something important. I told him everything of what happened and he agreed that it's so weird. "If I were your boyfriend, I would just leave you."

 

My eyes widen, "Excuse me???"

 

He laughs. "I'm joking ! Anyway, I have a good idea how to figure out how this all happened."

 

I immediately leans closer to him, forgetting the lunch I was eating aside and ready to listen to the good idea. I nods signaling Hyun to continue. "Okay girl, listen." He's also forgetting his lunch when he holds his hand together, "Call your number and find out who is the guy."

 

I literally keep silent for a few seconds before I knocks on his head, hard. "Are you stupid?" I squints. "How do I call my number??"

 

Hyun grunts as he rubs his head that I knocked hard. He shows his phone on the table and I feel so embarrassed, feeling so stupid. "Feel stupid yet?" Hyun laughs at me as he pick up his phone. He then dialed my number but my phone didn't ring. It took us five try to notice that my phone is on silent mode and I'm sure Hyun is cursing me mentally considering his expression and how he rolled his eyes.

 

"Why is your boyfriend and phone give you silent treatment?" What he get after is obviously a loud smack on his arms for teasing me like that. I'm sensitive now, please don't mention about my boyfriend.

 

"Shut up and call me again." I turn off the silent mode and Hyun try to call me again. This time, my phone ring and that means out attempt to figure out the guy is failed. I sighs.

 

"That's weird." Hyun frowns as he put down his phone on the table and eat his souffle again.

 

"I know. It's so weird."

 

I prop my elbow on the table and rest my chin on my pal, watching Hyun as he eat his souffle. As the attempt to figure out the guy is failed, I have zero chance to fix my relationship. What if when I'm home later, Junmyeon is breaking up with me? When I've been so loyal to him this two years? Heck, I pushed men away because of him, I head over heels of him.

 

Hyun snaps his finger at me "Girl, don't be gloomy. You still have a chance."

 

I sighs, dismissing the thought I had. "How so?"

 

"Try call your number again later, use your office mobile phone???"

 

I might want to say that Hyun is brilliant but I don't want him to show me his arrogant proud face, so yeah maybe next time. "Although it might not working, but I will try again later."

 

The lunch then filled with our stories and chit chat with each others about everything but not my love life. Like how Hyun try to seduce someone but failed miserably, and how he got drunk at club and called his parents whining about everything. Listening to him make me relax and non stop laughing because Hyun is such a funny guy and a good friend to me. We can only meet up twice a month because most of the time he is away from Korea, going to overseas for work purpose because he's a photographer in a big company. I'm jealous of his life because mine is just so sad.

 

After the lunch, I straight went back to home because suddenly Hyun has something else to settle in his office although it's Saturday. It's 3pm when I get home and I notice that Junmyeon isn't back yet since he left at the morning. I plop myself down on the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. I grab my phone and scroll through my SNS account, saw a story update from Junmyeon, he was doing a sketch on a paper, laughing with his co worker when they crack a joke. I mentally curse him for laughing with the others, but not with me.

 

I grunts as I get up, rummaging through my other slingbag to find my office mobile phone. I had a deep thought when I was on my way home about how this happened was always when I'm outside at the site doing work, or when I was on call with someone else. I take a deep breath before I sit comfortably on my bed. I turn off my phone and dialed my number using the other phone. I'm shaking my feet out of nervousness when the line beeps, it took seven beeps before someone answer it. I gasps. Someone actually answer it ! I glances at the phone that I turned off.

 

"Hello?"

 

There's a soft moan coming from the other line. I scrunches my nose thinking what the hell is this person doing??? "Yeah hello?"

 

"Uhm.." My voice tremble, in fear that I might disturb this guy and I might get yell at. "May I know, who is this?"

 

There's no answers from the other line, but I hear a noises like someone quickly get up from the bed. I might be wrong but I heard a woman's voice whining at the background following by a loud thud from the..I dont know I assume a door. I wait till I hear him clears his throat.

 

"But, you are the one who called me first."

 

I dismiss the thought I had about what this person was doing. "Yeah, I know. This is super weird, but I just need to know who is this"

 

"Darling, I just can't say my name when a stranger call me. Tell me who are you first and why are you calling me."

 

I frowns. Why is it so hard for him to reveal his name, I mean I'm not a police or anything and he isn't a drug dealer or something. Or...he might be. I don't know. I ask him again to just tell me his name but what I got was an assumption.

 

"Oh I know, you must get my number from my friend right? Ah want to flirt with me?"

 

"Excuse me?"

 

He laughs. "No? Alright, what is it then?"

 

This is the nth times I explained to him that I need his name so I can know whether I know him or not. And I asks again, what is his name.

 

"Can't tell you until you tell yours first~" He sing song.

 

"Please?"

 

"No~"

 

"This is related to my relationship. Please?"

 

"Still no~"

 

"Why?"

 

"Why not? I don't know you."

 

"I don't know you either !" My voice raised a bit.

 

"Then, how did you got my number?"

 

He chuckles. This man..has the nerve to even chuckle when I'm dead serious right now. The thought of losing Junmyeon appear in my mind and the fact that this man isn't helping me, make me furious.

 

"Stop messing with me."

 

There's a soft laugh coming from the other line. "When did I? You were the one who call me."

 

I scoffs in annoyance and throw whatever that I grab on the floor, so frustrated. "My phone is turn off, how did I dialled my number and you answer it? Does it even make any sense?"

 

"It doesn't" He answers short, followed by silence after for a while.

 

"It doesn't right?" I grumbles. "How are you going to explain this? Stop messing with me oh my god."

 

He hums softly, I can hear it very clearly and that pissed me off even more. It's as if he doesn't want to answer and messing with me only. Just when I'm about to say something, he clears his throat. "I honestly don't know." Oh now he want to explain to me. "I received a call from a man before asking for someone, and I said I don't know anyone that he mentioned." That's my boyfriend. "I received a call like that a few times."

 

"What's your phone number?"

 

He gasps playfully. "Why are you asking for my phone number?"

 

I rolls my eyes in annoyance. "Don't take it wrong please. Just give me your phone number god damn it."

 

He chuckles, saying that I'm too fierce and then telling me his phone number. To my surprise, ours are totally different. So how can he answers the call when I dialled my number?

 

"What's your name?"

 

Without wasting any seconds, he answers "Hyun."

 

My eyes widen in surprise.

 

***

comments are higly appreciated.

-tbc-