Ch.2

Roller coaster

If this is a prank, I definitely wouldn't be happy at all. I know Hyun is not fond of Junmyeon since day one, but that doesn't mean he can did this kind of prank and put my relationship at risk. He knows how much I love Junmyeon, why would he do this? I can't brain it at all. Soon after I hung up the call, I grab my car key and storm out of my apartment. When I called Hyun asking about his whereabout, he was dumbfounded because it was so sudden. I drove to his work place out of anger, I couldn't wait for another day to meet him. This need to be settle as soon as possible. I'm so disappointed.

 

"I'm at the cafe."

 

"What? At my workplace?"

 

"Where else? Get down here quick."

 

I grunts as I settles myself on the chair, scrolling through my phone as I wait for Hyun. I see a story update from Junmyeon again, this time he isn't in the frame but I can hear his voice at the background. Teasing his female co-workers and zooming into their face making them whine. I scrunches my nose, feel so cringy at the respond. I can't believe he can be this happy at his workplace while I'm here, trying to figure out our problem. Not sure why he work on weekend but it's probably just an excuse to avoid me.

 

"Girrrrl." Hyun suddenly pop up behind me, he jump on to the chair, giving me a look. "What's with you coming to my workplace?"

 

"Explain yourself."

 

Hyun frowns, pretending or he is really not sure of what I'm saying. I fishes out both of my phone and my office mobile phone and place it on the table. I looks at him. "Hyun, I know you don't like me and Junmyeon, but you can't do this to me. This isn't funny at all."

 

"Whoa..calm down. I don't understand what are you saying??"

 

He shakes his head, dumbfounded. I sighs. "Don't pretending anymore please.You are busted, I figured out already !"

 

"What? I really have no idea what you are talking about-"

 

I grunts. "I called my number and you pick it up !"

 

"I didn't??" He said in disbelief, eyes widen while looking at me like he don't understand what is happening at all. "I didn't pick up any of your call except just now??"

 

If I can paste a question mark on his face, I will definitely do that. He look so clueless that I started to think he really don't have any idea about this. "Seriously?"

 

He nods. He proceed to take out his phone and scroll through the call logs before he show it to me. "See? No missed call from you, only incoming call and that's only today !" He squints. "This thing questioned your trust on me huh?"

 

I didn't blink at all while looking at his call logs. This doesn't make any sense at all. How come? I runs my fingers through my hair as a sigh escapes my lips, feel so clueless at the moment. The investigation on this stuff come to a dead end. Upon looking at my gloomy expression, Hyun taps my shoulder.

 

"How did you even think it was me?"

 

I sighs again. "He said his name is Hyun. You are the only Hyun in my life."

 

He nods. Saying that it makes sense but still questioned my trust on him. I lean back on the chair, looking at Hyun without saying anything until he mutter a 'what?'. I taps my fingers on the table, thinking about how do I solve this and save my relationship.

 

"What's wrong with you, dummy?"

 

He shakes his head before sipping on my drink, I purposely didn't buy him any drink because I was furious at him.

 

"I'm scared."

 

"Of?"

 

"About my relationship. What if Junmyeon want to break up with me because he thinks I'm cheating behind him?"

 

He scoffs, now leaning back on the chair with his arms crossed against his chest. "Girl let me tell you something." I raises my eyebrows. "I know you are head over heels for him, but don't let him put you in this situation. You didn't cheat, I know you very well. Think back, how many times he accused you of cheating and he was wrong, but never apologise to you?"

 

I fidget. He continue again, "How many apologise you gave to him? He need to treat you well too. Relationship need two to tango."

 

"But he treat me well." I mumbles.

 

He let out a sarcastic laugh. "Does he? Guilt trip you and acussing you of cheating for numerous times? Girl, that man of yours need to work on his attitude first. Please, if you want to figure out why this happen, ask him to do the same too. If not, it just looks like an excuse for him to break up with you. Why are you doing the work alone?"

 

He sips on my drink again. My mind travel back to the time where Junmyeon accused me of cheating but he was wrong and never apologise. Hyun was right, well partly, why am I the only one who's trying to figure this out? Why didn't Junmyeon help me?

 

"He clearly have trust issue."

 

Ah I really don't like being angsty in relationship, most of the time I would give in because I don't want to fight. After saying sorry to Hyun and promise him that I will treat him lunch when he's free, I walks out from his workplace. I check the time at my phone and it's almost 7 pm, wondering if Junmyeon has come back to home. I dialed his number while I stand at the pedestrian walk, waiting for him to answer it. After few rings, he answers.

 

"Are you home?"

 

"Not yet."

 

"Oh." I bit my lower lips before I speak again. "When are you coming home?"

 

"I'm not sure."

 

"It's weekend though...Do you have to work overtime?"

 

"Yea..." There's a scribble sounds on the other line before Junmyeon continue. "Do you want me to go home?"

 

"Don't you want to?"

 

"I'm busy, don't wait for me."

 

The line went off, he hung up the call. I stood there dumfounded by the reaction my boyfriend gave me. He just..hung up on me? Does he think I'm seriously cheating on him? My drive to my apartment was filled with lots of sad songs and tears, sobbing hard because why do I have to go through this. This is unfair considering that I didn't cheated on my boyfriend. I plop down on my bed, burying my face on the pillow as I let out my sadness and tears. Mentally ranting and cursing my boyfriend because I just don't have the gut to say it on his face.

 

Just when I'm about to fall asleep, my phone ring. I sniffle as my hand moves around to find my phone somewhere on the bed. When I get a hold of it, I answer it without looking at the contact. "Hello?" I clears my throat when I let out a husky voice. Embarrassing.

 

"Are you crying?"

 

"Who's this?"

 

I switch position and lie on my back, looking at my screen phone just to find out the number that I didn't save. I put the phone against my ears again and heard a faint sound of 'Hyun'.

 

"Which Hyun?"

 

"You have lots of Hyun in your life?"

 

He chuckles. This is definitely not Hyun my bestfriend, this is Hyun the one who make my love life turns upside down. I groans. "Stop joking around. I'm not in a good mood."

 

"Fight with your boyfriend huh?"

 

I was about to answer when I realise I'm talking with a stranger now. I frowns, questioning why did he call me when he clearly have nothing to do with me. I sit up and folded my legs and take a deep breath.

 

"Why are you calling me?"

 

"Can't I?"

 

I frowns again. "Excuse me??"

 

He laughs again, I might sounding freak out to him. "I was joking" is the only thing he said before we become silence. I literally confuse as why he called me, so I ask again.

 

"So...why are you calling me?"

 

"Do you need help?"

 

"Uh...about?"

 

"About your relationship?"

 

I gasps. I didn't think of asking this man for help, but since he offered himself, I might just grab the chance no? He can explain everything to Junmyeon and my relationship will be saved, and I no longer will be worry about the possibility of Junmyeon and me breaking up. That's a great idea !

 

"Will you help me?"

 

"Of course"

 

I stretch my lips to form a smile, finally this will be solves, or so I thought. "Okay ! Where should we meet up?"

 

"Just text me the place tomorrow. Anywhere is fine."

 

"Okay! Oh, right. What's your name?"

 

"I will tell you tomorrow. You can save my name as Hyun 2."

 

He chuckles before he end the call. I lay down on the bed again, smiling while I look up on the ceiling. The thought of solving this issue is making me happy, finally Junmyeon won't accused me of cheating anymore. I send a text to Junmyeon about this, hopefully he will be free tomorrow. Because if not, I will drag him out to meet the saviour of my relationship. Not noticing, my future actually will turns upside down because of this man.

 

***

 

It's one hour before the meet up with Hyun2, and Junmyeon is still on the bed, still not moving his eventhough I ask him to. He came home late last night, when I already asleep. When I woke up today, he's next to me sleeping soundly. I got up first and get ready before waiting for him. And still waiting now. I taps my feet on the floor as I look at the watch, the time keep ticking yet Junmyeon is still on the bed. I stand up from the couch and walks to our shared room.

 

"Junmyeon."

 

He looks at me with his eyebrows raised. "What?" He looks back at his phone, scrolling through some apps. I sit on the chair, facing him. he still have his attention on his phone.

 

"Let's go or we will be late."

 

"Where to?"

 

"To meet the person you assumed as my other boyfriend?"

 

He immediately look at me, his eyebrows raised. "For what?"

 

"So that there won't be any misunderstanding?" I literally questioned his question mentally. He was the one who wanted me to find the proof, now that I found it, he's behaving like this. Now I'm questioning myself why did I even bother fall in love with this man.

 

He get up from the bed, opening the closet and pick his clothes. "How did you find this man? Is this true or you paid any man to do this?"

 

I snorts. He changes to his polo sweatshirt while looking at me "Obviously true. You will know once we get there."

 

Being me, I shrug away the hurtful feeling I feel at the moment. It won't change anything, I know that for sure. I put up a light smile as I hold out my hand. Wondering if he will hold my hand or ignore it. We are not being ourself these past few days and I'm afraid it will risk my relationship with Junmyeon. He look at my hand for a brief moment before he intertwine our finger together. I smile at him before we walks out of the house.

 

The drive to the cafe is silent, there's only sound from the radio. Junmyeon didn't say anything so am I. It feels like we've run out of things to talk with each other, which is so dangerous for a couple. I'm still thinking about what will his reaction be upon knowing that he is wrong all this time. We arrives at the cafe half an hour later because of traffic jammed.

 

"What drink do you want?" He asks.

 

"Hm, ice caramel machiato."

 

"Food?"

 

He gives his belonging except for his phone to me as I shakes my head. He walks to the counter to made an order while I take a seat at the corner of the cafe. Junmyeon come back after five minutes, giving me my drink as he sit next to me. He sips on his ice Americano.

 

"When is he coming?"

 

"He will be here soon." I check my phone before I mutter slowly. "I think."

 

Not trying to make the situation awkward between me and Junmyeon, I look at him as I prop my elbow on the table and rest my chin on my palm. He is looking at me with his eyebrow raised and asking me why do I look at him like this.

 

"How's work?"

 

I asks first. My initiative to have conversation with him because I thin we didn't talk that much these past few weeks.

 

"Busy as always. What about you?"

 

"Hm, it's fine. It's still not a busy season for me."

 

He hums. I see him smiling lightly for the first time today, and my heart skip a beat over how good he is whe he's smiling. The conversation between me and Junmyeon finally going smooth like before, there's no tension, no argument, just us having casual conversation like how we used to. Also, a lil bit of lovey dovey because I miss my boyfriend. Not until someone knock on our table and ruin the moment, I just remember I'm supposed to meet Hyun2 today. I look up and see a man with grey-ish hair smiling at me. I frowns. He look so familiar.

 

"Hyun2?" I blurt out.

 

He nods. Without waiting for me to ask him to sit down, he settle himself infront of me. Still looking at me. I clears my throat and look at my boyfriend next to me, he is staring at Hyun2.

 

"This...uh this is the guy." That's how I introduce him to my boyfriend because I still don't know his name. I glances at the other man. "And this is Junmyeon, my boyfriend."

 

He nods at Junmyeon before looking at me again. I raises my eyebrows. Why is he looking at me-

 

"I'm Baekhyun." Still looking at me, I feel my heart beats faster at the staring. "Byun Baekhyun."

 

"O...kay." I clears my throat before I look briefly at Junmyeon. "He's the guy you misunderstood as my other boyfriend. He offered himself to help me explain stuff to you, so I accepted his offer. So, now maybe you can--"

 

Byun Baekhyun

 

Looking at him for a second, his name cross in my mind again. That one name that I totally forgot nowadays. Is he the same Byun Baekhyun? I see he stretches his lip into a light smile while looking at me with undescribable expression. My heart beats faster upon recognising his face now, he look kinda different, probably because of his styling.

 

"You alright?" Junmyeon asks as he taps my shoulder lightly. I nods before I take a deep breath.

 

It's probably the best to pretend that I don't know him. I continue again, "Yeah- maybe Baekhyun-ssi can explain to you right now?" Decided to talk fromally with him might be weird now, especially when I talked informal with him few days ago. I'm rude I know.

 

Baekhyun let out a soft chuckle before he put his attention on Junmyeon, who's ready to know about the whole absurd situation. "So, where do I start? The guy you called, was me. I don't know how can that happened, but you called your girlfriend's number.." He glances at me. "But, strangely I received the call. It only happened when your girlfriend's phone.." He glances again at me. "Is turn off..or she's on call with someone else"

 

I add, "Or when there's no coverage."

 

Junmyeon remain silent for a few seconds, looks like he is thinking whether this is right or not. "How can I believe that?"

 

Baekhyun point his finger to me. I raises my eyebrows, doesn't understand his signal until he shows my phone on the table. "Oh right. Hold on, let me turn off my phone first."

 

I immediately turn off my phone, glances at Junmyeon to see his expression. Junmyeon then dial my number, but Baekhyun's phone ring, not mine. We try again, this time I put my phone on airplane mode and the same thing happened again. Junmyeon frowns, looking at me and Baekhyun back and forth.

 

"This does not make any sense at all."

 

"It doesn't"

 

Baekhyun nods, once again I caught him staring at me with a smile plastered on his face. Only when Junmyeon speaks something, he looks away.

 

"So.." Junmyeon trail off "I have to talk with you whenever I can't reach my girlfriend through her phone?"

 

Baekhyun shrugs. "It seems like that's the case."

 

Junmyeon scoffs in annoyance. "Why do I have to talk to you when I'm calling my girlfriend?"

 

"Junmyeon, calm down." I caress his arms softly. It's so embarrassing that Junmyeon is losing his anger in front of Baekhyun. "I won't off my phone, but I can't help it if I'm on call with someone else and you call me."

 

"Change your number."

 

"What?" I look at Baekhyun who is watching us silently. "No.. you know I can't do that."

 

"Why not?"

 

Arguing infront of stranger, especially infront of Byun Baekhyun is the last thing I would do. It's embarrassing and I don't want to get yelled by my boyfriend in public. "Can we talk about this at home?"

 

Being Junmyeon the hot temper guy he is, he stand up and leave the cafe without waiting for me, or even say thanks to Baekhyun for explaining stuff at him. I hurriedly grab my bag and stand up.

 

"Thank you so much for today. I can't thank you enough for solving the misunderstanding between me and my boyfriend." I grab my phone on the table. "I have to go irst, I'm sorry and thanks a lot."

 

But Baekhyun grab my wrist when I'm about to walk away. I look at him, startle by the sudden skinship. He is looking at me with a smile on his lips, he look so good I gotta admit it.

 

"W..what?" I stutter. I look around for a moment, worried that Junmyeon might see me like this, with this man whom he thought as stranger.

 

"You remember me, don't you?"

 

The first ten seconds I was thinking about how do I asnwer him. I ended up playing dumb, "What are you talking about?"

 

He chuckles. His cheek is glowing, probably having fun laughing at me or so I thought. Baekhyun still doesn't let my hand go and I don't have the gut to ask him to. Like I just freeze at the spot, don't know what to do because I remember him.

 

"You do. You still remember me, the Byun Baekhyun."

 

I do. I really do. I still remember him, his face, his laugh, his words, his affections to me is still clear in my head. I just didn't think I would meet him again and I already put an end to that old story. So, I will pretend that I don't.

 

***

comments are highly appreciated

-tbc-