You Didn't Tell Me

Standing On The Edge of Us

There you stood, next to me
And you waited, patiently
I approached, held you near
Then you whispered, in my ear

For Chaeyoung one heartbreak… one heartbreak and one song was all it took to make it on her own. Of course coming out from a successful girl group made things easier and more daunting she needed to prove herself to everyone, prove that she was more than just a former kpop idol. But she made it and she has her brokenheart to thank for that. 

It’s been a year since her life changed, and it’s been some time since she last saw her face to face. Jennie being famous on her own means having to see her everywhere, but Chaeyoung hasn’t seen her face to face, since the last award show they were both invited to.  365 days since the night where her world came crashing down around her, 365 since she wrote her first song about her, 359 days since she wrote her second song about her and 340 days since she released a whole album about her.

You didn’t tell me
You didn’t need me
You went and left it all behind
You didn’t tell me
You didn’t warn me
Don't I ever cross your mind? 

It’s incredible what fear can do to people, they get scared about something and they lie, they tell lie after lie after lie until it all eventually comes out, it’s like it makes all of your senses fail what you once believed on doesn’t matter anymore Chaeyoung understands that now, but she didn’t before, took her awhile but she eventually understood it, She knows why she did what she did, Lisa made sure that she at least understood what was behind Jennie’s actions. So she knows her reasoning but that didn’t make it hurt any less.

Friday night, broken plans
Then I see you, holding hands
With that guy, now it’s clear
As I watch my world disappeared

The first song she wrote about her was called “The Girl I Knew” , ‘Of all the days we spent together and the endless movie nights, said we'd always last forever, and I never thought you'd lie’ She wrote it after she first saw that video,  guess you can always count on your best friend to tell you the truth no matter how much it hurts. She had a feeling of what was going on, let’s face it Jennie was cancelling plans out of nowhere, leaving the house because she “had things do” telling Chaeyoung she didn’t want her to get bored so sheI should stay in the house , texting on the phone and turning away from her while she did so, going out of her way to avoid Chaeyoung, it was all clear but she refused to believe it until Lisa saw them…

***Flashback*** 

"I just don't know who to be mad at more." The blonde cried out as she cradled the bottle of beer in front of her on the bar. Lisa tried to soothe her by rubbing circles in her back. "I just knew it. I'm not a bad person right? It wasn’t me right? She didn’t lie to me because I deserved it right?" 

"What? No!" Lisa said. "You're not a bad person, and no, you did nothing wrong."

"She… my girlfriend…I just…I knew something happened and...and Jennie she said, 'Rosie, there's nothing to worry about I’m just stressed’." She chuckled, but it's a sarcastic, slightly intoxicated one. "And then there she is kissing somebody else."

"Jennie cheated."  The blonde said after a few moments of silence, her words slurred together and she tilted my head to the side to look at Lisa "Lisa, she cheated on me."

"Oh, Chae." Lisa sighs, letting her head lower down to reach her eye level. "I think you should talk to her I mean it is Jennie we are talking about this isn’t like her, so just.. give her the benefit of the doubt I’m sure this is all a misunderstanding alright? So just give her a chance and talk to her." At this, Chaeyoung frowned thinking her best friend was right the Jennie she knew wouldn’t lie, she just wouldn’t.

"You're right. This isn’t like her, I’ll talk to her.”

***End Flashback*** 

She went back home after a couple of days , she needed to calm down and think about everything, After a few days thinking things through she’d be ready to talk to her, hear her side of things...

Should of seen it in your face that you lied
Oh and I should have known
That I after everything
You were so cold, so cold…

A week after she came back home Jennie said that she wanted to talk, Chaeyoung had given her chances to explain but she always said nothing was wrong so she waited, they had an event that night so they decided to talk the day after, Chaeyoung thought that their problems would finally be over, she would tell the truth and all would be as it used to be, but she was wrong.

It’s one thing to go behind her back and an entire different thing to do it in her face, as Chaeyoung walked in the club she saw Jennie through the window of the VIP section she made her way towards her with a smile on her face only to be received with the sight of some guy leaning into her girlfriend and kissing her, Chaeyoung felt like her  heart was breaking into nothing but dust.

“As I dive from the rooftops, screaming your name, get close to the concrete,
Baby you'll know it's true. Baby I'd die for you. ”  that’s how she wrote the second song about her it’s stupid but true, because there was a time where she thought she’d be willing to die for her, heck she still would, when Jennie did what she did, she felt like dying her heart was broken and she felt like she was dead.

I don't ever wanna hear your name
I don't ever wanna play your games
Cause I been living with the same heart ache
I won't ever make the same the mistake

For a while she didn’t want to see her or hear her or even know about her existence, Chaeyoung wanted to forget that she was once hers, everywhere she went, everything she did remind her of Jennie, even just a picture on the wall, she was surrounded by it all. What the blonde missed the most was talking up all night, when they laughed until they cried, when Jennie was hers, completely hers everything was easy and she didn’t want to miss a second of it she wanted to remember everything, but after that night she wanted to forget.

Chaeyoung went back to Australia worked on her music, released an album full of songs that talked about her, and eventually made a name for herself, she wasn’t Rose from Blackpink, she was Rose  owner of 3 number one singles, one platinum album, and 1 sold out tour, it’s amazing what can happen within a year, She thought she wanted to forget her, but there’s something about being by yourself and letting yourself go in music that changes something within you.

And so when Jennie releases a song called that pretty much says ‘I’m sorry, I ed up.”  She’s reminded of what we used to have and must of all when she sees her face while singing Chaeyoung sees nothing but the Jennie she used to love, the Jennie she still loves. And so she sends her a text “You sounded great” that’s all it said, it was her own way of saying “ I’m not ready to be with you again but I am ready to start again”. 

***Flashback***

It was amazing, she was amazing, It made sense that someone as beautiful as her had such a beautiful voice as well. Everybody loved her, they were mesmerized with her voice and she was freaking out.

“Oh , , … that was horrible what was I thinking singing that song they are gonna hate me, they are gonna hate me and I’ll be going home.” she was pacing holding her head in her hand repeating the same thing over and over.

Chaeyoung approached her slowly placing her  hand in her shoulder, gently turning her around and Chaeyoung couldn’t stop looking at her, she had to tell her the song was amazing she needed to believe that “Hey, don’t worry ok?, I’m sure it’ll be okay?” She told her with a smile.

“Um.. thanks, um.. what.. what did you think?” she asked, biting her lip, one of the many things Chaeyoung loves about her.

“You sounded great” 

***End Flashback***

So when Lisa calls her and tells Chaeyoung to check Jennie’s twitter feed, the last think she expected was to see a tweet from Jennie that read:  “I’m gay and have been in love with the same woman for the last four years. Never be afraid to be yourselves.” Chaeyoung gets happy, because she knows that she’s finally accepting herself as she is, and it gives her hope, it makes her feel like maybe someday they will be back together again after all she still has her  heart and the blonde girl can’t help but tweet something in a indirect reply. 

 “To awake and know we made it through the storm, and someone saves their sweet embrace for you and you alone”