Epilogue / Where My Love Goes

Standing On The Edge of Us

My love goes out of my heart and into the wind

Out my guitar and under your skin

Into your house and out of your headphones

That's where my love goes

 

@Roses_are_rosie tweeted:  Something’s cooking #Rose2 #MusicVideo

@Jennierubyjane tweeted: On my way to shoot a MV with the bae #Rose2 

“Action!”

Chaeyoung was in front of a camera as if she was filming a bts for her new music video, she’s dress casually, Jisoo and Lisa in the background as support, while she stands in front of a the stages door.

“It’s 10 am and we are in london about to shoot my new music video.” She paused to glance at her phone quickly. “My girlfriend Jennie is on her way down and what she doesn’t know is I’m gonna ask her to marry me.” She winces jokingly. “Let’s hope it goes well.” 

Jennie had the idea that she was invited to be the love interest in the music video, little did she know this was more than just a music video...

Wherever you go, I'll follow

Don't worry about tomorrow

I will be in your shadow

Walking right beside you everyday

If your first attempt at a relationship ended badly, you can't simply act as though it never happened if the two of you haven't yet reconciled what happened. So in other word if you want to start over you need to acknowledge the past without dwelling on it. So this means that it didn’t matter how many phone calls or how many ‘friendly’ dinners Jennie and Chaeyoung had, if they didn’t have that ugly and uncomfortable conversation about what happened their second attempt at a relationship would’ve been a total failure.

***Flashback***

They were both sitting down at a restaurant in one of their dinners, they were both quiet after ordering their drinks, they were sitting at a small cafe on a quiet area of the city, they were sitting at their usual table by the window. Chaeyoung was looking out of the window, watching the people pass by, while Jennie kept observing her softly, her eyes following the contour of her eyes, nose, her lips and the younger woman released a quiet giggle at the sight of a playful dog outside Jennie’s heart went crazy showing off a smile of her own.

The brunette knows how lucky she is that Chaeyoung gave her another chance, it has been two since the blonde girl surprised her at her show and ever since then they’ve seen each other multiple times, they have yet to talk about ‘that’ but Jennie knows they have too. If there is a chance to start over with Chaeyoung, if she gets lucky enough to hold her heart again, they need to lay it all out on the table. 

“Chaeyoung.” Jennie cuts through the silence, startling Chaeyoung who turns to find Jennie looking at her with a serious yet nervous look on her face. 

“Is everything alri…”

“Ask me the question.”

“What?” Chaeyoung asks fully understanding what Jennie meant.

“Ask me.” She says again looking at her. Chaeyoung’s gaze goes down to her lap.

“Jen, I don’t know…”

“You do, Chae. We both know you do.”  She responds briefly closing her eyes. “If...we want to move forward this needs to happen, so just ask me.”

“Why did you leave me?”  The words stumble out of Chaeyoung before she could even think about them.

Jennie’s eyes get glassy as she takes a deep breath and starts talking. “Because I was scared. And a mess… And there was all this pressure to be what everyone wanted me to be… The perfect idol… the perfect role model… the perfect girlfriend with a perfect body a perfect voice...a perfect life. And it was killing me. After we were caught the backlash we received wasn’t good, you know this Chae. And.. and the criticism of everything else… I could barely breathe, could barely function. I was drowning, and I didn’t know how to tell you or anyone at all. I couldn’t bear the disappointment. So when management talked to me and gave me an ‘out’ I stupidly decided to believe them because it was easier.  After that day when they introduced me to Kai and I saw everything management had planned...I knew ed up. God, did I up… and I just didn’t know how to tell you. How do you tell the woman that you love more than life itself that you couldn’t be with her and that from that day on you would be seeing somebody else? How do you tell her after weeks of lying to her what was going on? So… So after ‘that’ night I figured I should just let you go… Because you deserved so much better than me.”

Jennie’s confession lingers between them as time seems to suddenly stand still. 

“I deserved better?” Chaeyoung asks unable to hide the underlying anger bubbling up. “Better? You ing wrecked me. You left me nothing but the idea that what we had was a lie, that you never cared for me at all… is that what I deserved? The woman that you swore you loved.”

“I’m sorry, I’m so so sorry, Chaeyoung.” Tears falling steadily from the brunette’s eyes. “I didn’t mean to...”

“Mean to what? Hurt me? Well, guess what? You did. If it weren’t for Lisa and Jisoo, I don’t think I’d even be… my life would’ve turned out very differently.”

“I’m so sorry, Chae, I ed up I did but I swear to you it won’t happen again. “ The brunette leaned forward to hold both of the blonde’s hand on the table and looked her in the eyes. “It won’t happen again.”

Chaeyoung let the older girl hold her hands and the blonde held on to them like a life line. “You what the worst part is…” She said quietly. “No matter what I did I couldn’t make it go away, I don’t think is ever going to go away.”

“Make what go away?”

“My love for you.”

***End Flashback***

I'll be the one to save you

When I put my pen to paper

Feels like it brings us closer

Even when you're so far away

The girls where fixing the stage up a bit, hanging the lights, getting the mic ready, the chairs etc… while the camera rolled and filmed them. This video was something Chaeyoung wanted to produce entirely on her own, at the end of the day it was her proposal and she wanted everything to go as she envisioned.

Sitting down on one of the chair laid out around the place as if it was a chapel, shelooked around before settling her eyes on the velvet box in her hands, opening it up she gazed at the gold rose ring on it before feeling the weight of somebody else besides her.

“Chayoungie… how you feelin’ man?” Her best friend asked, while Jisoo took her place on the other side of the blonde.

“I’m...okay… I think?”

“Don’t lie pasta.”

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. “Fine. I’m nervous okay? I’m freaking out, what if she says no?” She says hurriedly.

“Chae… relax okay? Breathe.” Jisoo says, placing her arm around her. “She won’t say no.”

“And if she does...which she won’t, I’ll be there to kick her and pick you and your broken heart up again, alright?” Said Lisa placing her arm around the blonde again.

“That’s right, don’t worry pasta. We’ll be right here you.”

Bullet trains and aeroplanes

I can choose the easy way

So I'll send a signal just for you

***Flashback***

Turns out getting back into the ring is pretty hard, especially when you are getting back in with the person that knocked you out in the first place. Chaeyoung knows this first hand. Her and Jennie have been spending a lot of time together. In fact they were dating, yes that’s what the blonde told everyone who asked and yes both her and Jennie have talked about it. Most importantly the blonde had express to the brunette that they needed to go slowly as she wasn’t ready to fully let herself go again. And Jennie was nothing but understanding and patient with her, letting the younger girl set the pace and not once has she pushed for more.

“I’ll go help Jisoo real quick in the kitchen, then I’ll come back okay?” The blonde said pulling away from Jennie, but not before the brunette pulled her right back for a quick kiss.

“Okay. Love you, Rosie.” 

Oh yeah, that was another thing, the brunette made sure to always let the blonde know she loved her, she would say it every time she had a chance, and when she didn’t say it she showed it to her in small details. The blonde watched through the window as Lisa and Jennie began to play around the pool Irene and Seulgi joining them as well. She was so engrossed with them she didn’t notice Jisoo had walk up to her.

“You guys seem very happy.” The older girls says hugging Chaeyoung from behind.

“We are. It kinda scares me.” 

“What?”

“Jennie. I mean she’s patience personified, she lets me set the pace never pressures for anything.” The blonde sighs. “She’s perfect and she loves me, Chu...she loves me.”

Jisoo chuckles. “Chaeyoungie that’s a good thing.” 

“If it is then why does it feel so scary.”

Jisoo gently turns her friend around to look at her. “Do you love her, Chae?” After a few seconds the blonde nods. “Then there is nothing to be scared of, stop hiding your heart Chae, I’ve seen how happy you both are around one another, you’ve wasted enough time already don’t waste anymore in the what ifs just go out and enjoy it. Stop over thinking.” 

Chaeyoung smiles, bringing Jisoo into a hug. “Thanks Chu, I really needed to hear that.

My love goes out of my heart and into the wind

Out my guitar and under your skin

Into your house and out of your headphones

My love goes out of your door and into the street

Down through the floor and up through your feet

Into your car and out of your radio

That's where my love goes

“Today was fun.”  Jennie said as she parked outside Chaeyoung’s house. “We should do that more often.”

“Yeah. me too.” The blonde confirmed stepping out of the car. Then leaning through the window she asked. “Are you coming in?”

Needless to say Jennie didn’t need to be asked twice, she jumped out of the car following the younger girl to her door. They’ve done this before always staying up late talking or simply cuddling while watching the TV, which is the reason why Chaeyoung caught her by surprise when she pushed her against the door initiating a hot kiss. Jennie moaned as the younger girls tongue entered , then breaking apart for air but the blonde wasted no time in trailing kissed down the brunette’s neck.

“Chae....” The brunette choked out making the blonde smile pleased to know of the effect she had on the other girl. The blonde then processed to the girl’s shirt, when she reached the brunette’s short to them the brunette placed her hands on tops of the blondes pausing her movement.

“I love you so much and you have no idea what you do to me.” She said out of breath, every inch of her begging for the blonde’s touch but she needed to be sure Chaeyoung wanted this, she owe her that. “But are you sure? We don’t have to do this if you are not ready.”

At this the blonde’s eyes soften, one of her hands caressing the brunette’s face the other placed on her waist. “You know since we started dating again Jisoo has been telling me to not hide my heart, to stop overthinking and to just enjoy this.” The blonde sighed then gave a gentle kiss to the brunette. “I’m tired of hiding, Jennie. I want this, I want you.” 

After hearing that Jennie couldn’t help but smile at the blonde, releasing her hands. “Now please kiss me because you have no idea what seeing in you in those shorts does to me.”

And so she did, Jennise kissed her with everything she had showing her how much she had wanted her and how much she had loved her for all these years.

You will never be lonely

Just relax and listen to me

I breathe the air that you breathe

I am always with you in disguise

*** End Flashback***

Bullet trains and aeroplanes

I can choose the easy way

So I'll send a signal just for you

“Jennie just texted me, she’ll be here in just 5 minutes.” She said looking at her phone. “Five minutes!” She exclaimed to the camera.

“Okay, go wait for her outside, we’ll finish setting up here.” Said Jisoo pushing the girl towards the doors. “Don’t forget to breathe, Pasta.”

“Right, breathe.” She took a deep breath and walked out of the double doors towards, fixing her shirt and making sure the ring was in her back pocket. A smile immediately taking over her face when she sees the brunette walking towards her.

“Hi Jen.” The blonde said softly, hugging her.

“Hi baby.” The older girl pulled away slightly giving her a peck. “Is that the set? Can I see it?” 

“Yep, just a warning though there’s a camera crew in there for bts stuff.” Chaeyoung said  both of them still in their relaxed embrace.  

“I’m sure I can handle it babe, let’s go.” 

The both of them walked in hand in hand and the camera followed them around as Chaeyoung showed her around and ‘explained’ to her the role, which was basically a photographer who stumbles upon this place, she then said hi to Jisoo and Lisa who said the blonde had bribed them with french fries and chicken if they helped set up the set. 

The both of them continued talking as the crew set up the cameras, they sat on the chairs with Chaeyoung’s arm around Jennie with let older girl leaning into it. They were talking about their day as the ‘bts’ camera went around them, because yes they music video was getting shot in that moment unbeknownst to the older girl.

As time went by the shoot ‘officially’ started, so there the younger girl was playing her guitar with her band on the background, Jennie playing the photographer eventually she was instructed to sit down and to enjoy the performance, when this happened an instrumental version of the song started playing as Chaeyoung removed her guitar and walked towards her kneeling down in front her. 

The blonde girl gave her a small kiss. “You having fun?” She asked and turned to look at Lisa who was ready to remove a bed sheet covering a light up sign that said “Marry Me?” After seeing this the brunette was left in shock, her eyes filling with tears as she turned to look at the blonde.

“So will you?” Chaeyoung asked, taking out the black velvet box and opening it.

“Yes.. yes I will.” She managed to say crying, immediately standing up and pulled the blonde closer and kissing her repeatedly, everyone around them clapping and celebrating. Lisa and Jisoo walking to them to congratulate them.

“It’s beautiful,” Jennie says looking at the ring in her hand.  “I love you,” She says, tearing her eyes away from her hand to meet her now fiancée’s brown ones.. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too.”

So...is it worth starting over? Yes, yes it is.

Tell me, can you hear me now

I'm screaming out so loud

Oh, it goes out of my heart and into the wind

That’s where my love goes