Game Night

Hello Jessica
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The rest of the group sat on the living room after Yuri and Seohyun moved the center table for them to make space. Sooyoung who is sitting opposite of Hyoyeon is scrolling on the phone with Tiffany and the group thinks that the latter is well aware of whatever the disaster duo had in their mind.

 

Hyoyeon had pieces of paper on her hand where something was surely written, then she folded it neatly before placing it on a clear bowl. The rest of the girls racked their mind on whatever the three is planning. Yuri spoke up. “I know what we’ll be playing.”

 

“Have your guess genius.”

 

“Truth or dare?” Yuri said with certainty, her intonation laced with sarcasm as she was quite sure about it since this happens a lot, right? “Eenngk! That’s too mainstream, I can’t believe I called you a genius.” Hyoyeon said and finished up by shaking the contents of the bowl before putting it on the floor with a clank.

 

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon sat beside each other now, urging Tiffany to join them but the latter refused, saying she had nothing to do against this whole thing. “But you gave us the idea!”

 

“You’re both crazy.” Sooyoung countered and while it is revealed that Tiffany knows the game, Taeyeon trusts that it is not as crazy as what the other two could’ve possibly come up with. Seohyun and Yoona were fine with anything as long as there is no stripping involved.

 

“Okay, this is not necessarily a game, but it would be a must for us to do.” Sooyoung began her speech and suddenly all eyes were on her. “The mechanics are pretty simple. Plenty of celebrities have done this.”

 

“So, it’s not truth or dare?” Yuri dumbly asked, feeling quite tipsy because of their early alcohol consuming. “Yuri dear, I’d explain it if you would shut it now.” Sooyoung said and Yuri giggled absentmindedly on the side. Yoona was spooning her. When all was settled, Sooyoung cleared and explained the mechanics.

 

“Ehem. Okay. So, as you can see there are papers here inside with different colors. The color signifies a member. For example, red is for Yuri, blue is Taeyeon’s, Yellow is Yoona’s and mine is purple.” Sooyoung looked at Hyoyeon signaling her turn on explaining.

 

 “Other members do not have their own color, because they are the bottoms, but rest assured all of you are included inside except me because I am versatile.” Hyoyeon finished explaining but the rest seemed to be more confused. “What do you mean by ‘bottoms’?” Sunny asked.

 

“Oh well, some of us here in this room are considered the ‘dominant’ type, and some are the ‘bottoms’, stereotypically saying.”

 

“What exactly are we playing?” Taeyeon asked not getting any enlightenment from the duo. Tiffany just sighed an exasperated one as if she too, thinks that the whole idea is absurd.

 

“We are going to read fanfics of ourselves!” Sooyoung exclaimed while high five-ing Hyoyeon while the rest had their mouths hanged open, dumbfounded.

 

“You’re both crazy!” Jessica said knowing too well that this is gonna be embarrassing. “That’s what I told them.” Tiffany argued.

 

“How did you two even came up with this?” Yuri, still unbothered and looked quite amazed of the whole idea asked.

 

“Well Tiffany was watching a clip of Dylan Sprouse and Anna Kendrick reading a fanfic about themselves and you know how our mind just put the pieces together just like that.” Hyoyeon explained and while it is true that they had a very interesting thought process, the idea itself is borderline shameful.

 

“Yes, ughh. Our mind. It amazes me.” Sooyoung said.

 

“Who’s paired with Anna Kendrick?”

 

“Oh, you know. Brittany Snow.” Tiffany deadpanned as if it is the most obvious thing to say. “Woah, that’s kind of…hot.” Sunny said and you can see Yoona nodding her head, agreeing to the side.

 

“Who’s paired with Dylan Sprouse then?” Taeyeon asked, getting curious.

 

“His twin, Cole Sprouse.”

 

“That’s disgusting!” Jessica exclaimed and the rest agreed. Hyoyeon just scoffed at her reaction. “You call that disgusting when there is also a fanfic of you and Krystal.”

 

“What the Hyo?!” Jessica shouted and everybody laughed at her, unbelievably. The rest seemed to be okay with the game except the doubters which are Taeyeon, Jessica, and the cautious Seohyun(though she is more determined on winning this).

 

“How do we win on this unnie?”

 

“Simple. There are various ‘ships’ or ‘pairings’ in this bowl. We fish a color out and whoever pair it is would both read their own fanfic out loud, simultaneously.” Hyoyeon began.

 

“They are just gonna read paragraphs. We have already selected the perfect fanfics for this. Whoever does not cringe, or whoever has the best reading voice while reading, would be the winner.” The two finished explaining the mechanics.

 

“So, what’s the price?”

 

“None, actually.”

 

“Then why the would we want to win?” Taeyeon asked and the rest protested because of the lack of price. “The loser would be reading another fanfic of her own, and it would be a ! That’s enough punishment, right?”

 

“I can’t believe we are doing this.”

 

“It can’t be that bad, right? Fanfics are actually quite cute. I’d like to try.” Sunny said and the rest followed, agreeing on the whole thing. “Of course! I assure you all, this is going to be fun.”

 

When the duo saw the contemplating faces of the members that turned into approving ones (unbelievably), they smiled on theirselves and proceeded.

 

“So, let’s start, shall we?” Hyoyeon and Sooyoung announced while signaling Hyoyeon to get the glass bowl. She fished her hands on it while acting like she’s scrambling the contents dramatically. She held up the first paper and showed it to the audience.

 

The paper is purple.

 

“First one.” Hyoyeon unfolded the paper, and the rest made drumroll noises for a more dramatic effect. “Sooyoung and Sunny!”

 

Sunny got up on her seat as Hyoyeon asked her to come over to her handphone that contains the fanfic about them. Cheers and whistles are heard, and she waved at the members mockingly. Sooyoung joined her after.

 

“Okay, you two are going to read this part.” Hyoyeon instructed them and Sooyoung curiously looked. She knows the other fanfics, but not her own. Since Hyoyeon is not included on this whole pairing thing, she kept this a surprise for Sooyoung. “Okay, start.”

 

The two started reading, and it seemed to be going smooth for them. The fanfic is about tires, and Hyoyeon being Sooyoung and Sunny’s child.

 

“Yeonnie, come here.” Hyoyeon happily skips to her mom’s side and sits on Sooyoung’s thigh.

 

Sunny read the fanfic and signaled Sooyoung to continue.

 

“Yeonnie do you know that there are 6 important things the we can learn from car tires?”

“First, tires are always consistent. They never change to square, oval, or even triangle. They stay.”

 

“Woah this is quite domestic huh. Not bad.” Sunny said while reading the rest of the fanfic with ease. Both her and Sooyoung actually digested the story and is truly curious on what it has to offer.

 

It was a very short one, but they found it really interesting. Now they just look like they are reading a bedtime story to the rest of the group.

 

“Lastly, how good and great a car or bicycle you have, without any working tires, you can never arrive at your destination.”

 

The duo finished and the rest clapped as the fanfic seemed to be the ones that thought morals and good deeds to children. Basically, everyone thought that reading fanfics seemed to be a really good idea by now. Hyoyeon thought this is a good start.

 

“Oh, that was really good. You’re quite cute there Hyo, unlike in real life.” Sooyoung said and Hyoyeon just smacked her. The rest agreed and became more eager on reading more.

 

SooSun couple succeeded on this challenge. They shaked hands and congratulated each other.

 

Hyoyeon passed the bowl to Sooyoung, urging her to pick the next pairing up. When Sooyoung fished the bowl, she got a yellow paper, meaning, it is a Yoona fanfic. “Next one is.” Sooyoung unfolded the paper and once again, drumrolls were heard on the sides.

 

“Yoona and Seohyun! Come here, you’re up. You’re up!” Yoona and Seo both skipped their way on the duo’s side. When Hyoyeon found the designated fic for them, they began reading. Seohyun took the game too seriously and even made her voice in par with what’s written.

 

“Yoongie, are you mad at me?”

 

“No Hyunnie! Why would you think of that?” Little Yoongie shouted which made Hyunnie cry. Yoongie patted her back to console her.

 

“So, this is a Kindergarten au.” Tiffany said in the middle of the reading session while Yoona just nodded and continued.

 

“Then why are you not visiting me to watch Spongebob anymore?”

 

The rest of the group uwu-ed because of the cuteness and fluff overflowing. Seohyun reading it with a pouty face and whiny voice made the rest of them want to pinch her.

 

Yoona did the voice acting with much aegyo too, because she too would not let Seohyun do all the work.

 

“Because Ben 10 airs at the same time on Cartoon Network, and I love Ben 10!”

 

“Why is this fanfic too cute!” Jessica said and the rest of them nodded agreeing.

 

“Do you want to watch to watch Ben 10 with me instead, Hyunnie?”

 

“A-are you sure?” Hyunnie asked for confirmation, and Yoongie nodded before hugging her. “Of course!”

 

“Fine. Besides I don’t really like Spongebob. I only watched it because of you.”

 

“Then come with me and watch Ben 10!”

 

The fanfic ended and the rest clapped again for the greatness. “I love fanfic authors.” Yuri said. Taeyeon just scoffed at her, still not believing that they are enjoying this. Though she would admit that the fanfics are cute. She might con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter