Indestructible

Hello Jessica
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Shouts could be heard inside a confined space of the building. When Jessica opened the door, slowly, the shouts were reduced and halted suddenly until it was replaced by the deafening silence.

 

And then everything was quiet.

 

Everyone looked at her with grim faces. Hyoyeon’s fists were balled and clenched, Sunny and Sooyoung shares the same annoyed look, eyebrows knitted painfully, while they are looking over Yuri, whose arms were crossed and obviously annoyed.

 

The two maknaes looks like they are about to cry anytime soon, and Jessica thought she probably would too, later.

 

Tiffany looked collected but you definitely won’t see her eyes smiling. She was barely holding herself through gritted teeth and biting her lips occasionally.

 

Then there’s Taeyeon, whose face was so calm and serene, and Jessica begged through her mind for her to show her something. Maybe anger, or happiness. Just something.

 

So, she could just know what she’s thinking of Jessica herself.

 

She was snapped out of her daze when their CEO called her. “Jessica, sit.” She followed and looked at them with a questioning gaze.

 

“It’s about time that we have this talk.”

 

“About what?” Jessica asked, though she kept her voice low, her tone is laced with venom. “We have noticed how you are so detached with the group right now.” The man in a suit said with an accusing voice.

 

“What do you mean detached? I never missed any of our schedule!” Jessica started a bit agitated, coming off too strong with the man in a suit who raised his eyebrows. Maybe she started this talk in a bad note.

 

“Jessi, calm down. Let’s talk this through without hurting anyone.” Tiffany interfered and soothed Jessica’s back which made Jessica calm down for a bit.

 

She held her breath but soon let out a sigh, looking at the man in a suit as if telling him to continue. “You are missing practices Jessica. It’s getting hard putting up a show when your commitment is half-assed.” The man said with visible lack of fondness towards Jessica which made her boiled up again.

 

“It’s just a practice, besides I still did my best on catching up. You know how much my brand needs me now. I’ve told you about it.”

 

“We also talked about how you are not to be distracted on the group for a few months. Then we’ll let you go.” The man stayed firm on his stand. Sunny who was watching on the sidelines could not take it anymore. She walked near Jessica and stood beside her, as if communicating her support.

 

The other girls followed too, except the others who were seated on chairs.

 

“We both agreed to give you an out in the group after accomplishing your contract and after one last comeback. I most certainly do not agree, on you being distracted because of your brand.”

 

“We don’t have any problems with her brand sir. The girls, we all support it.” Tiffany once again interjected and felt Jessica’s thankful gaze on her.

 

“Yes! We all can work this out. In fact, Jessica unnie is willing to compensate for the missed practices. Right unnie?” Maknae said, and while it is true that they have talked to Jessica and supported her brand, with Jessica promising that SNSD is still her top priority, it seemed like a lie that was about to slip anytime soon.

 

Jessica is facing critical times. Juggling the group’s activity alone is time consuming enough. What more if you’re both juggling being in a girl group and being a CEO at the same time.

 

“About that, I would actually tell everyone that for the meantime, please. Just for the meantime, I might not be able compensate because I have already signed with my partne—”

 

“This is what I am saying Jessica. You can’t just sabotage the group like that!” The man in the suit said which made all of them startled. Jessica cannot believe she was being accused of sabotaging the group’s future.

 

This is not the only time someone became missing on schedules or whatnot, but it seems like she had no qualms of doing so.

 

It was unfair. So unfair.

 

“I’m not the only one missing practices. Yoona and Sooyoung even missed a schedule!” And when Jessica uttered it, all eyes were suddenly on her. Sooyoung who looked offended had opening and closing as if she cannot fathom what words should be said.

 

Yoona on the other hand felt betrayed.

 

When Jessica noticed it, she felt guiltier for each second passing. “I didn’t mean it like th—”

 

“Unnie, you know how solo schedules work. Our managers and the company itself asked us for it.” Jessica knows, of course. The company had no problem with the members’ solo schedule because they too would benefit on the earning each member would make. She knows too well how SM would not let an income slide on their hands. They all signed a contract anyway.

 

Missing practices for Blanc & Eclare would definitely not profit the company like their solo schedules and appearances would.

 

But she already had commitments with her partners, and she definitely would not drop her fashion brand because she had dreamt of it, too. This is her dream.

 

All she would like to ask is a little understanding.

 

“I’m sorry Yoong, b-but I can’t just possibly be out of my own company’s meetings, hence the absences.” Jessica said with her head hung low. “So, you are missing SNSD’s meetings instead?” The man said in a stronger accusation tone.

 

“That’s insane! Why do you make it sound like I don’t care about the group? It looks like you are convinced from the start that I am not fit in the group anymore!” Jessica said and her anger is not reserved anymore.

 

She panted after her outbursts, looked at her members for help, but she only got the panicked faces. Like they were discussing matters earlier without her.

 

And they are exchanging looks with one another, as if saying ‘who’s gonna tell her?’

 

“What is this all about guys? Are you seriously thinking of that as well?” Jessica said with the tone of just how absurd she thinks the situation is. Tiffany was about to tell her no, but Taeyeon beat her to it.

 

“Sica, will you hear me out first?” Taeyeon said calmly but her words proved that they are indeed doubting about her priorities. It didn’t calm Jessica down in any bit. “So, it’s true then huh?”

 

“Jessica, when you said you’re planning to leave the group all of us were beyond devastated.” Taeyeon said, pausing in order to find words that could make it better. “But seeing you doing things… Just seeing you doing things that you like, it made me happy.”

 

When Taeyeon heard about Jessica’s plans of leaving the group in months, she tried her best to regain the lost closeness, and to patch up the relationship they have after that sudden confrontation with Jessica a year ago.

 

She regretted ignoring Jessica, so she tried to make up for the lost time. Tried reaching out to Jessica. Tried to make her laugh. And all her thoughts were suddenly Jessica. Jessica. And Jessica again.

 

She just wanted to make Jessica’s remaining days as a member count, and possibly make it the happiest instead of wasting it.

 

Or maybe she might convince Jessica not to leave at all. That selfish thought also crossed her mind.

 

Jessica too, thought that Taeyeon wants her to stay and never leave. But Taeyeon now is saying otherwise.

 

“Jessica, you can leave now if you want. We are giving you an out” Taeyeon said with conviction and Jessica’s mind is probably too clouded to think of the good things that comes with leaving. After all of their moments together recently, after all their shared talks again during the night, and the promises of not ignoring each other again, Taeyeon still seems so adamant of getting her out of sight.

 

“Do you hate me that much Kim Taeyeon?”

 

“Jessica n-no, I just wanted you to do what you have dreamt of doing. We wouldn’t want the group to hinder yo—” Taeyeon said but was cut off.

 

“I get it n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter