In Which I End Up Trusting My Enemies and It's Not a Terrible Idea

Rot Your Brain

Hey guys! You can find me on Twitter!


 

 

As the two girls on horseback galloped toward us, I surveyed my surroundings really quick, trying to figure out how the hell things had gone awry in such little time. 

To my far left, Jihyo, Nayeon and Jeongyeon were recovering after Gucci slammed into them. Jihyo seemed to be stunned, as she wasn’t moving and her eyes were unfocused, and Nayeon was trying her best to heal both herself and Jihyo. To my immediate right, Momo was lying on the ground, near my feet, still reeling from being hit by the beast as well. Sana was desperately trying to free herself from the rope that tied her wrists behind her back in order to heal both of them, but Jeongyeon and Nayeon were experts at tying knots, so it would take her forever to do that.

Once sure that everyone was at least okay, I looked back at our attackers. DugunDubuDugun, who’s name I remembered being ‘Dahyun’, was no longer in leather armor, like she had been the last time I saw her; this time she had on what might have been iron armor and a dark purple cloak, eerily similar to Mina’s, and as she angrily galloped on her black horse across the empty plains, it flew behind her dramatically. Her hair also flew around, imitating a bright blue flame, and it struck deep fear within me.

She signalled something to ChocoChewy, who I recalled actually being ‘Tzuyu’, and as she turned to do so, I noticed she had a bow and what looked like a staff strapped to her back. That staff hadn’t been there before, if I recall correctly.

As she neared, I braced myself for impact, but suddenly she disappeared for a short moment, reappearing farther back, where she had first started. 

“She’s- she’s lagging-” Sana hissed behind me,  “-and a lot, by the looks of it!”

Momo shook her head, clearing her vision. “We have to hide, now! We’re in plain sight! Once the lag stops, she’ll be on us again!”

They got up to start running, but I didn’t know where to go. Would it be a good idea to go with them?

During the confusion, a pair of strong hands wrapped themselves around my arms, answering my question for me.

It was Jeongyeon. I could tell by the grunts. She began to pull me away from SaMo and closer to 3Mix, running as hard as she could while carrying me.

“W-Wait, Jeongyeon,” I struggled in her grip, “what about Sana and Momo?” We had stripped them from anything that could help them protect themselves. They were completely helpless, at the mercy of our new threat. “We have to help them!”

Jeongyeon shook her head and put me down, still pulling me along, but harder than she should have. “Right now we need to protect the members of 3Mix, Chaeyoung! The guild is more important than a pair of raiders.”

I helplessly looked back at the two Japanese girls, who clearly heard the loud exchange between us. They looked away ashamedly and continued to run for cover.

“They’re in danger, Jeongyeon!” I wanted her to see that so badly, but obviously I didn’t know Jeongyeon well enough at the time. I had no idea how stubborn she could be.

“So is Jihyo, Chaeyoung! The beast– that Cerberus thing– I think its attacks have a paralysis effect. It gave Jihyo some kind of concussion and she can’t move at all. You and I need to provide Nayeon cover as her magic points regenerate. Hopefully it’ll be enough to cast the Tingle spell and help Jihyo.”

No!” It shouldn’t be like this! I wasn’t sure why I felt so bad for SaMo suddenly. Not even five minutes ago, they had tried to steal our things and sell them while leaving us bare-handed, but… it didn’t feel fair to leave them to their own devices like this. Especially because this seemed like a worse situation for Sana and Momo; it seemed like Dahyun was specifically targeting these two and would stop at nothing to get to them.

“No?!” Jeongyeon asked, offended that I’d refuse to help. She quickly waved it off, probably not willing to hear any more of my pitiful begging. “Listen, Chaeyoung,” she said, facing me with her steely eyes,  “DugunDubuDugun is still lagging like crazy, and it seems like ChocoChewy is too,” she observed, gesturing to Tzuyu. “Because she isn’t moving at all…”

I ignored her observation and put on a pleading look, which she replied to with a disapproving one. “Don’t,” she said simply, but hey, I’ve never been one to follow orders, so I broke free from Jeongyeon’s grip on my bicep and ran to our shared camping equipment. Somehow I managed to find the pair of bows and the arrows that belonged to the Japanese girls relatively quickly. Jeongyeon gave me an annoyed look that only deepened when I ran past and snatched the Ranger blade from the sheath on her hips. 

“Hey! Chaeyoung, no!”

Too bad! I headed straight to Sana and Momo, who were hiding behind the nearest boulder as they watched Dahyun lag. I accidentally startled them when I showed up with the sick knife in my hand.

“Hey,” I breathed out, dropping the bows and arrows to hold up the Ranger’s blade, you know, to show them I meant no harm. “Give me your wrists.”

Sana turned around immediately and held her wrists out to me. I cut her free and turned to Momo, who seemed to be too busy looking over at Dahyun, an uncharacteristically worried look possessing her face. Sana rubbed her wrists and glanced at Dahyun every now and then, as well. 

Sana muttered something and opened the spells menu and healed herself, slowly but surely. She ran out of MP before she could fully heal, though, and looked frustrated, but said nothing of it. Instead she gestured with a hand at the bows and arrows at my feet. “Hey,  ChaeYoungster, are these… ours?”

“Yeah!” I exclaimed as Momo finally turned and let me cut her ropes. As I did, I carefully explained my plan. “We have a  common enemy right now. Sana, I saw the way DugunDubuDugun was looking at you… She’s clearly dead set on killing you. So I suggest we put aside our personal goals right now and work together. Please?”

Sana bit her bottom lip and was about to say something when Momo shouted an anguished “Move!” 

We both barely jumped away in time to dodge a huge ball of fire, which landed on the ground like a comet and burned everything within a 5 yard radius, minus the weapons that belonged to SaMo.

“FIREBALLS?” I shouted, turning quickly to see Dahyun no longer lagging and searching for something in her spells menu, probably a fireball spell again. 

Momo grabbed my wrist and bent over to grab the bows and arrows, then began pulling me away from Dahyun and Tzuyu. “Yes, fireballs, so let’s run, get some distance between her and us!” Momo shouted behind at me.

“Why are we running?” I asked as I let myself be led away. ”We outnumber them! We have you, Sana, Jihyo, Nayeon and Jeongyeon! You guys are all great fighters and together we could totally take those two! No problem!”

I didn’t miss the way Momo glanced at Sana with a certain look that I couldn’t quite place. It seemed like they were going to keep me in the dark about what their expressions meant when Sana, still running at full force, began to explain.

“Okay, ChaeYoungster, you’re at level 3, so clearly you’ve not been playing for very long and don’t know how things wo-“

For a whole ten seconds, I stopped listening. I was at level 3? Since when? When did that happen? I glanced up and, sure enough, there it was.

ChaeYoungster, LVL 3

I had mysteriously leveled up twice without my knowledge… It was weird, especially since I had done nothing but be a burden on my friends as they fought, but we could discuss how it was possible later. I unfurrowed my brows and tuned in back to Channel Sana.

“-and they’re on horses. Horses are probably the best thing you could get in this game.” Sana took a second to gasp between breaths and strides. “It’s way easier to dodge a lot of attacks, like arrows, for example, on a horse, seeing as they move at lightning speed, so Momo and I are out of luck right now. Also, DugunDubuDugun doesn’t have the best fireball aim out there, but she can reach us faster on her horse and gut us some other way, like with a weapon. We need to run now and get away as fast as possible.”

I hadn’t caught the first bit of her explanation but I think that’s all I needed to hear, really. It made sense. Horses were a huge advantage in real life, so why wouldn’t they be in a game like this? Also, Dahyun had a bow and a staff, so who was to say she didn’t have a sword somewhere in her arsenal that she could swiftly behead us with?

“You’re right,” I said, the bravery I felt before replaced with worry.

“Also…” Momo gasped out, taking a second to glance back and look at me funny. “You were right. They’re out for our blood. We- we raided their camp two times in a row… and I guess sometime between then and now, they leveled up a ton. They still remember, and they want revenge.”

A memory sparked in my brain. The first time I met Dahyun and Tzuyu, Tzuyu had warned Dahyun about a so-called ‘Japanese Duo’ coming and taking all of their equipment- again .

“There’s also that damned Cerberus thing ChocoChewy has,” Momo continued, not-so-subtly changing the subject. I let it go, for now, because we had more pressing issues at the moment. “It can knock out even the strongest people. So we have an archer that out of nowhere can suddenly cast powerful martial magic and a beast master with a rabid Cerberus. They’re pretty much overpowered in comparison to us.”

“So we can’t keep running forever,” Sana agreed, right when another fireball flew past us. This one landed farther from us than the other one, but we weren’t going to let that relax us at all. “Momo!” Sana cried, “She doesn’t lag anymore! She’ll waste no time and reach us with no problem! What are we gonna do?”

I saw despair in the eyes of Momo. She was dead tired from all this running and looked like she wanted nothing more than to just stop and rest. “I don’t know…” she huffed out. “I don’t think there’s anything we can do right now…”

It suddenly struck me. Of course, it hadn’t occurred to me before, since otherwise it would have been absurd, but now that we didn’t have any other choice, it popped into my head. It wouldn’t hurt to try it again.

I stopped in my tracks and reached into my pocket.

The two blondes stopped too and ran back to me, looking like they were about to scold me, but when they saw me pull out my pan flute, they paused.

“What are you doing, ChaeYoungster?” Momo asked, confusion written all over her face.

I didn’t say anything. I just waved for them to keep running. They nodded at each other and started running again, for some reason trusting me despite being in immediate danger.

I expected nothing to happen again, honestly, but this time, this time, it was different. When I blew on it, the instrument made a sharp sound that echoed through the empty plains. 

Seemingly out of nowhere, Sana and Momo tripped and fell hard on their faces. 

“What the hell?!” I heard Sana shout, but I ignored her and didn’t reply. My test was finished, and now I needed to do the actual thing. 

I turned to face the general area Dahyun and Tzuyu were located at. Dahyun was, just as the two blondes had suspected, hot on our trail. She had her staff raised, a glowing fireball at the tip of it, quickly growing to the size of a car. Before she could swing it and blow us up, however, I raised the pan flute to my lips again and blew as hard as I could.

Dahyun’s dark steed went wild. It screeched to a halt, bringing up grass and dirt. It bucked and spun around in place, making her stop trying to cast the fireball spell and do her best to hold on. Eventually she couldn’t any longer and was knocked off with a thud so loud it echoed right back to me.

Behind me, I heard a familiar sound: a bowstring being pulled taut. Except this time, I trusted it wasn’t being aimed at me. The arrow flew past and hit Dahyun squarely in the shoulder, causing her to howl and fall right back to the ground. Shakily, she tried to access her spells menu, but another arrow hit her stomach. A quick look at her health bar told me that we had a chance at getting rid of her.

DugunDubuDugun, LVL 50

30 HP

Knowing that Sana and Momo were taking care of Dahyun, I looked over at 3Mix, who seemed to have done a lot in the time I spent with Sana and Momo: Jeongyeon had somehow acquired a ridiculously large sword and had it pointed at Tzuyu’s throat. She was shouting incomprehensible but clearly angry words at her. She must have tried attacking Jihyo and Nayeon, underestimating Jeongyeon’s overprotection of her girlfriends. 

“Jeongyeon!” I shouted, jumping up and down proudly, hoping she’d smile at me and give me a thumbs up for saving the day. I wanted her to be proud of me so badly. I wanted her to see that I made a good decision all by myself despite everything. “Jeongyeon, look!” 

She turned to me, momentarily lifting the sword from Tzuyu’s neck in the process. The girl in question took the opportunity to quickly whistle and call her dog over.

I heard barking behind me and couldn’t think or turn around or jump away fast enough– Gucci collided right into SaMo and I, making me see stars. 

Oh wait, that’s the sky... It’s nighttime, I realized as I crashed back onto Earth. I landed really hard on my shoulder and watched as my health went down significantly.

I got up at breakneck speed when I did my best to sit up and check out if Jeongyeon was okay. I watched as Tzuyu clutched at her now bloody chest and jumped in time to grab one of Gucci’s long hairs. Jeongyeon, who was holding the ridiculously large and now deep red sword, furiously ran after Gucci and tried to take multiple swings at her, but ultimately gave up to continue protecting Nayeon and Jihyo.

“Look!” Sana pointed at Tzuyu, bringing my attention back to her. I thought she would ride her dog right back into us, but instead she made her dog make a beeline right toward Dahyun, who resembled a porcupine with all of the arrows sticking out of her. 

DugunDubuDugun, LVL 50

2 HP

At the last second before Gucci could trample her, it did a sharp turn and Tzuyu used the Cerberus’ long hair to drop down low enough to snatch Dahyun up safely onto the dog’s back.

I thought it was pretty cool how Tzuyu did all that, but regrettably it made me stop paying attention to the matter at hand: Gucci was now barreling toward us again. Tzuyu shouted something and Gucci sped up, giving us even less time to dodge it. Once again, it ran right into us and made us fly like rag dolls.

I probably out five seconds or so before I landed, because the next thing I knew I was on the ground and Sana was shouting in pain. Momo was crying too, a wail so frightening that it crawled into my throat and choked me. 

I raised an arm to try and pull up my spells but found that moving- even blinking- hurt. I started shaking violently, the adrenaline wearing off and finally letting me get the full feel of what I was dealing with. My ribs felt broken, my right shoulder was dislocated –at best–, my legs felt as heavy as rocks, and my back...oh, god, my back...

I was about to start crying in the darkness when I felt the familiar buzzing in my skull. 

Someone was healing me. 

I felt well enough after a few seconds to crane my neck and see who it was, and I was blessed with the sight of Jihyo walking slowly to me, her hand glowing gold and aimed right at my head.

“J-Jihyo…” I rasped out, my throat feeling like I had swallowed a beehive. 

She gently shushed me as she crouched before me. She finished healing me in no time. At that moment, I realized just how important it was to level up. She gave me all of my health points back with what seemed like no problem at all, meaning her level- level 60 - gave her a ton of MP to use. I could hardly heal my own self with the MP I had, much less some of my friends.

I needed to level up, badly.

I sat up and heard my bones crack a little bit. After rotating my arm a few times, I noticed that Sana and Momo were low on everything, both HP and MP. They were whispering to each other between their groans of pain, fighting over who would heal who, even though both were clearly in dire need. Momo swore that if Sana wasted a single magic point on her she’d twist her arm, but Sana wanted to heal Momo, who was at—

DancingMomochine, LVL 41

2 HP

“Momo!” I rushed to her side and without even thinking about it I tried to heal her. I only managed to give her back 10 health points before I ran out of points, though. I guessed my MP hadn’t regenerated much yet.

“ChaeYoungster, what the hell did you do?” Momo asked, for some reason shocked that I’d heal her.

“My name is Chaeyoung. You can call me Chaeyoung.”

She frowned momentarily before softening up a bit. “I’m- I’m Momo... You can call me Momo.”

“I already have been, but thanks,” I said, and she sighed wearily before speaking again.

“Why did you heal me? I’m your enemy, remember?”

“No, you’re not!” I dramatically moved my hands around as I explained everything to her. “You and I protected each other out there. The three of us did,” I added, putting a hand on Sana’s shoulder. “I turned away from you and you guys shot at the enemy, not at me.”

Sana smiled, but it faded when she groaned in pain. Her HP wasn’t the lowest at 50 points, but she must have broken multiple bones after being run over twice by Gucci the Cerberus. 

Momo tried to heal her but found that she had even less magic points than I did, only managing to heal Sana up to 53 health points.

I was about to check how quickly mine regenerated when Sana started glowing gold, just like Jihyo’s hand. I turned to see, well, Jihyo’s golden hand again. She was healing Sana, and when I looked to see Momo, she was glowing too. Jihyo was dual wielding the healing spell and helping Sana and Momo simultaneously.

My heart jumped with joy at the sight. Had Jihyo seen Momo and Sana fight bravely and protect me?

Nayeon reached us all and frowned at the scene. “What’s going on?”

Jeongyeon was right behind her, also not liking what she was seeing. “Jihyo?”

Jihyo’s face became stoic until she miraculously finished healing both girls. While Sana and Momo looked at each other with eyes wider than plates, Jihyo turned to her girlfriends and shrugged, a non-apologetic smile stretching her features. 

“Chaeyoung is right. They didn’t kill her when they could have. She had her back turned to them for long enough. They could have easily shot her and DugunDubuDugun, but they didn’t.”

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes. “I’m sure they were too terrified to think about it. In other circumstances, I’m sure they would have turned her into a fish on a stick.”

“Hey! you!” That was Momo, who got up in a rush and stood toe-to-toe with Jeongyeon. “I respect Chaeyoung! She healed me after the first time that dog-thing plowed into us. She also came back to us after you snatched her away! But you!“

“Momo!” Sana interrupted her.

“No, Sana! Lemme finish!” She faced Jeongyeon again, her face a deep red. “You left us to die, YooTheBest.”

Nayeon pushed herself in between Jeongyeon and Momo and shoved them both. “Hey!” She shouted at Momo, ”Don’t get so close to my girlfriend!”

Momo put on a ridiculous face. “I didn’t even know she was your girlfriend? And that doesn’t even matter right now? Your little girlfriend or whatever almost let us die. Isn’t that the exact opposite of what you said you’d do? Isn’t that ‘not how you play the game’ or whatever?”

From the corner of my eye I saw Jihyo pull up her spells and select one that I’d never heard of before. Silence ? What was that gon-

She cast it and all arguing ceased. Jeongyeon gave her a wild eyed look and tried to say something but failed to, her lips moving but not a word escaping them.

“Enough,” is all Jihyo said. She gently pulled Momo away from her girlfriends and motioned for Sana to come closer. “I’m tired of this juvenile arguing. We’re not going to get anywhere with these screaming matches. Let’s talk about all of this over a drink.”

Jihyo gestured to the distant moonlit mountain where we planned on training me. “We’re taking Chaeyoung to that mountain over there in hopes of leveling her up a bit. We can talk about the ‘why’ later. Anyway, there’s an inn somewhere in the town at the peak that has a bar. It makes the best in-game drinks. We can discuss everything there. Okay?”

Sana and Momo wordlessly agreed- they had no other choice, anyway. 

I was awed at how level headed Jihyo seemed. It must have been one of the reasons she was the leader of 3Mix- she definitely knew how to command a group. 

Momo started to say something when she remembered that she was still under Jihyo’s spell. I tapped Jihyo’s shoulder and directed her at Momo. Momo, in turn, pointed at the faraway horses left by Dahyun and Tzuyu. Jihyo nodded, probably noticing them for the first time. “Hmm. Let’s check that out. Thank you, Momo.”

We strolled to the horses in two groups: Nayeon and Jeongyeon followed Jihyo but did not allow Momo and Sana to walk too close. I walked with the two raiders, making sure they didn’t feel left out. Sana noticed the gesture and gave me a smile as warm as the ones Jihyo could do.

We had to be careful to not spook the horses, which proved quite hard. They seemed to be super jumpy in the dark, but after a few tries we finally got a hold of both of their reins and found that they had been carrying a lot of weapons and armor in their saddlebags.

Jihyo pulled out some leather armor from the dark horse Dahyun had ridden and held it up to me.

I almost threw up. It was the same leather armor she had killed me in. If my assumption was correct, the blood splattered on the chest area was mine, when she shot my head. 

“Here, Chaeyoung. This is pretty light, so it’s good for you, since you’re smaller. Maybe later at the town near the peak, we can get you better armor. For now, it’s best you wear this. You know, in case we run into trouble again.”

Of course life was ironic enough to make me wear the armor of one of my killers.

“Thank you,” I said, surprised that Jihyo’s Silence spell had worn off already. I took the armor, pretending it wasn’t causing an ache in my heart, and held the armor pieces up to read the description the game gave me. 

This set of leather armor is crafted for both protection and flexibility.

(Bonus: MP +30%)

“Bonus?” I asked, confused about what that meant.

Momo scratched her head. “Hey, you good?”

I nodded but held up the armor. “Look. What does that mean?”

Momo frowned. “Do you really not know what that means?”

Jihyo stepped close and read the description. “Oh. When you wear the armor, it will boost your MP by 30%. Basically you’ll just have a bit more MP. It’s good, especially for you, Chaeng.”

“Wait, but how does she not know what that means?” Momo asked again, and Jihyo shook her head.

“We’ll get you up to speed when we reach the inn. It’s too much to talk about right now.” Jihyo sighed and gestured for Jeongyeon and Nayeon to finish up with Tzuyu’s horse and come closer. “Okay. So, we’ll be taking the horses. It’s not like they’ll have much to do if we leave them here by themselves. Their owners are gone. But, we have two horses and six people. Let’s decide who’ll get to ride them to the mountain. Who wants one?”

Nayeon raised a hand. “I want one.”

I had thought that by now, Jihyo wouldn’t be so angry at Nayeon, but by the cold look Jihyo gave her, it might as well have been only minutes ago that Nayeon confessed that she cheated on them. I saw Momo and Sana give each other confused looks, and I wondered if Jihyo would let them know about this situation of theirs as well. 

“Again, I ask, who wants one?” Jihyo repeated, a slight edge to her voice. Nayeon tried to act like nothing happened, but Nayeon was a person who’s expressions weren’t easily hidden. Her big eyes shone in the moonlight, her tears looking  like they were going to spill at any given moment.

Momo raised a hand. “Can Sana have a horse?” Sana smacked her a few times but stopped when Jihyo agreed to give her a horse. 

“Consider it a thank you, you know, for protecting our youngest guild member.” I buzzed a little bit, excited to see this progress happening before my eyes.

Sana nodded and took the reins of Tzuyu’s gray horse. She climbed it and steadied the horse, then looked back to us.

“Hey,” Jihyo said, tapping my shoulder. I looked away from Sana to see Dahyun’s horse being offered to me. 

“Oh. O-okay.” I didn’t even know how to ride a horse, but I felt like rejecting the offer would be ungrateful. 

“Okay. Momo, Nayeon, you two walk left of Chaeyoung and her horse. Jeongyeon, you and I will walk to the right of Sana’s horse. If anyone gets tired, we can stop and take a break. But we have to get to the mountaintop as soon as possible. We’ve wasted too much time.”

We set off without any more words, which was good and all, but I noticed the way Nayeon walked a few yards away from Momo.

 

 

 

I practically threw myself at the nearest bench and laid my weary head against the wooden tabletop. I didn’t know who invented chairs, but man, did I hope she was living the most blessed life in whatever afterlife she believed in.

I peeked over my arm at the girls at the innkeeper’s bar. After confirming we were all of age, 3Mix and Momo were going to order a round for us all. I didn’t know why it had to be all four of them ordering so little, but it was nice to have Sana sitting across from me.

“Hey,” she whispered, her arms crossed on top of the table.

“Hi,” I whispered back. “How are you?”

Sana giggled quietly. “Not as saddlesore as I thought I’d be. You?”

“Uh, well, I can’t sit properly without feeling like I’m gonna die,” I admitted. “So I’m great, as you can tell.”

Sana giggled again, a smile gracing her features. I was almost sure at this point that smiling was her neutral look. 

“Yeah.” 

The tone of which the word was said didn’t match the facial expression. I took a good look at Sana. I wasn’t sure if she was simply tired from a rough night of traveling or if she had something on her mind, but she didn’t leave me guessing for too long.

“Hey, uhm. About th-the Phenomenon thing…”

I shifted in my seat to lean closer to her, my saddlesore protesting against the movement. I ignored it, knowing Sana was about to tell me something important.

“Do you know if it’s going to be affecting anyone in real life?”

I blinked. I didn’t really know the answer to that. I decided to tell the truth. “I honestly have no idea. Maybe. A few articles I found said stuff about, like, brain damage or something. Why?”

Sana cast a sidelong glance at Momo. “She’s acting weird. She’s never been the aggressive type. Ever. It started two days after entering this game. We’re best friends in real life, you see, and I’ve known her for so many years… This isn’t the Momo I know, so- so you know, I’m worried. But I don’t want her to know this. She hates it when I fuss over her.”

I must’ve been quiet for too long because she shook her head. “Sorry. I thought maybe you knew.”

I would have said something, given her some kind of reassurance, but that’s when the rest of the girls rowdily arrived and sat down with us.

They began talking about god-knows-what. I couldn’t hear them. I was still thinking about what Sana had said. It wasn’t much, but even with the little info she gave me, I came to the conclusion that she was trying to figure out why Momo was acting out. It was probably the same thing that had made Mina act so different. 

I looked down at my drink, remembering how Mina had been so nice one second and then so cruel the next, It was like the human version of whiplash, almost.

So it isn’t just Mina that changed. It’s Momo too, and possibly a bunch of other players being affected. 

This game was rotting everyone’s brains.

 


 

 

Tzuyu commanded Gucci to slow down once she saw the glowing pit of embers. After a long sigh, she looked back at Dahyun, who had been uncharacteristically silent the whole ride back to their camp.

"So, what are we going to tell her?"

Dahyun pursed her lips. "I don't know."

"Well," Tzuyu said as she lifted her leg and jumped off of her beast, "She's going to see that we drank a lot of potions and that we came back empty handed. She'll know we failed. She's going to be very, very mad."

Dahyun rolled her eyes and jumped off too. "I know, Tzuyu. I'll figure it out."

"There wouldn't be anything to figure out if you had just kept the task in mind and not let your personal agenda get in the way of anything..."

"Personal agenda? Tzuyu, those girls stole our equipment! I was getting revenge! For the both of us! You just stood there and watched everything happen!"

Tzuyu walked over to a tent and began to undress, ready for a night's rest. "Because you had already messed up the plan. The moment you let your rage take over you, the task we were given had already failed. So I stood by and let you deal with the consequences. You're lucky I managed to escape that YooTheBest girl in time to save you."

Dahyun stood frozen in her spot. She said nothing, because Tzuyu was right. Their job was simple: use the element of surprise to nab that Chaeyoung girl and get out. No fighting, just a quick kidnapping and done. But she hadn't expected to see NoSanaNoLife and DancingMomochine there. It made her go crazy with rage and she ruined the plan. Now, they had to find an excuse as to why they had failed such a simple task.

Dahyun made fists with her hands and bit the inside of her cheek. What was the point of making up lies? Mina would be angry at them no matter what.