Chapter 3

The Reason (Rewritten)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 7

Six days has been marked off the calendar.

"Should I be afraid?"

It's been 6 days since Jennie has seen Lalisa and she has yet to text the blonde beauty. Don't misunderstand, she absolutely wanted to text Lalisa but finals came up and she highly recommended herself  to dismiss any distractions that consisted of going out shopping with her friends, parties, hang outs and most importantly texting Lisa.

Jennie refused to be captivated by her mysterious eyes again knowing those would be the cause of her failed exams. But, finals was over now and she was finally free to do as she pleased. And she very much was ready to text Lisa, or, so she thought.

Jennie combed her fingers through her hair and huffed in annoyance as she has found herself, once again, over analyzing her messages. She had believed that she would have grown out of her fear of contacting the blonde, but seeing as she was repeatedly deleting her messages, she knew otherwise.

"Come on Jennie, just say hi. It's not that difficult." She mutters to herself. Jennie has been staring at her phone screen for almost an hour now, watching as her thumbs fiddled above the screen as she was struggling to type a single letter.

"It's not like she's waiting for you to message her. Stop being weird." She quietly scolds herself, trying to ease her racing mind. But as she found herself staring at her screen for another ten minutes she quickly groaned in frustration and placed her phone back into her pocket as her heartbeat doubled in rhythm.

She didn't understand why she was feeling so many emotions and she wasn't so sure if she was enjoying the sensation. So, to keep her mind at ease, Jennie decided to leave and go to her towns library. She sighs and hastily hops off her bed and grabs her jacket before heading out of her bedroom.

She rushes down her stairs, stumbling over her own feet before rushing towards the kitchen to grab her car keys. Hearing the commotion, her mother removes her attention from the computer screen and stares at Jennie puzzled.

"And where are you rushing off to?" She asks. Jennie smiles sheepishly under her mother's curious gaze as she quickly straightens her posture and fixes her skirt.

"I was going to head to the library," She says. Her mother her head to the side,

"Again? But weren't you there yesterday?" She asks. Jennie inwardly rolls her eyes, "You make it sound like it's a bad thing." She replies.

"It is if you're trying to avoid human contact again." Her mother jokes as she turns her attention back to the computer screen. Jennie sighs,

"Books are way better than humans and that's a fact." Jennie points out as she walks up to her mother, who was seated at their dining room table, and flops herself on the chair next to her. She places her head on her mother's shoulder and watches her slender fingers typing away on the keyboard. Her mother chuckles,

"And this is why you're single honey, why don't you find a nice, pretty girl in the library for once," Jennie groans as she lifts her head back up,

"Why is my dating life an issue? It's not like I'm going out drinking and doing drugs." She whines. Her mother laughs lightly and stops typing as she faces her daughter. She gently cups Jennie's cheeks,

"Sometimes, I wish you would. At least I would have something to complain about." She teases, earning a gasp from Jennie.

"Mom!" Her mother laughs and playfully shoves her side.

"I'm just teasing baby. Now go. Your keys are in the drawer." Jennie smiles and stands up before placing a kiss on her mothers forehead.

"See you later mom!"

One could say that Jennie has a good, healthy relationship with her parents. She respected them, especially when they had accepted her admiration for woman.

When she came out, she had tears running down her face. She was scared that her parents will be treating her differently. But, what they told her utterly surprised her.

'Finally!'

Her parents had always known. They had told her that when she was younger all she wanted to do was marry her childhood friend, Irene, when she grew up.

At first they thought it was a phase but when Jennie was in middle school, they had caught her multiple times staring at stunning girls in tiny bathing suits that complemented their assets.

Embarrassed was an understatement, she was mortified that she wasn't only caught by her friends, but she was also caught by her parents.

Coming out to her parents was the beginning of a new life for Jennie. In a way she felt free.

"Be safe!" Was heard before Jennie closed the door and rushed to her car. She the engine and began to drive towards her favorite place in the world.

The towns library was a safe haven for Jennie. There were little to no disruptions around which left her satisfied for the evening of studying. Even if she had no exams to study for, Jennie would still be seen in the library reading novels, fan fiction, and stories that consisted of mythical creatures. Books helped her escape her reality. Not that her reality was awful or anything, she just preferred to escape for a while.

Entering the library, relief had instantly flowed through her as the scent of books engulfed her senses. The feeling she had is similar to the feeling she experiences whenever she enters her own home.

Walking in, Jennie first sends the librarian a soft smile before walking towards the said woman. The librarian perks up and places her reading glasses on top of her hair, that had streaks of white, as Jennie stood in front of her desk.

"Back again dear?" She asks. She always enjoyed seeing a familiar face entering her library, especially Jennie, who she has known for a few years now. Jennie chuckles and shrugs,

"I  just can't seem to get enough of you Mrs. Lewis." She teases causing the elder one to playfully slap her arm. Their interactions towards one another was a normal routine for them both.

Mrs. Lewis use to always assist Jennie with homework when she was in high school and never forgot to recommended a new book for the brunette. Between those years, Jennie had always found herself having meaningful conversations with the librarian as if she was a close relative. Mrs. Lewis laughs,

"Okay you philanderer, go away. Can't have you here distracting me from my work." Jennie lifts up her hands in surrender and nods, laughing lightly,

"See you in a bit Mrs. Lewis," Jennie chuckles at the sight of the old librarian swatting her hands dismissively in a joking matter before walking through the aisles. She runs her fingers delicately down the shelves, relishing the familiar wood feeling against her finger tips as she was in search of a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter