Chapter 12

The Reason (Rewritten)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: The following chapter may be triggering to others. If you feel uncomfortable in any way, I do advice you exit now.

 

Day 30

 

Marker has been left open.

 

"......."

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

 

Jennie's POV:

 

"Jennie honey? I'm back! Where are you?" I heard my mother call out from the kitchen. I wanted to move, but I couldn't. I just laid on my bed and stared at my ceiling fan, watching it spin over and over again till I could feel my tears drying from my cheeks.

 

I shouldn't feel this broken. I was only with her for less than a month. I shouldn't feel this much pain.

 

But I do. And it hurts. Oh God it hurts.

 

"Jen?" My mom says while opening the door. She walks toward the side of my bed and seats herself down. I could feel her eyes on me but I refused to look. I refused to see the look of concern in her eyes.

 

"What's wrong?" She asks. And before I knew it, I had placed my hand over my face and cried. It was the hardest I've cried this whole week. My mom gasps and quickly pulls me up and embraces me tightly into her chest. I grip onto the back of her shirt and buried my face into her shoulder. 

 

"It hurts mom. It hurts so much," I sob out. She holds me tighter and doesn't say a word. She just held me as I brought out all the pain I've tried repressing this whole week. This pain hurt me more than I could ever imagine.

 

I care for Lisa so much. And,

 

I think I have fallen for her.

 

After what was only minutes but seemed like hours, I finally stopped crying. I pull away and wiped my tears from my cheeks. My mother placed her hand on my cheek and smiles softly at me,

 

"I won't force you tell me what happened but just know that I'm here to listen okay?" She says. I smiled sadly at her nodded my head before hugging her once more.

 

"Thanks mom," I whisper. She pulls back and places an comforting kiss on my forehead before smiling down at me,

 

"Now, why don't you go to the library and read something that will make you happy hmm?" She says while standing up. I chuckle dryly and shake my head,

 

"I'm goo—." Suddenly, a memory of Mrs. Lewis knowing Lisa appeared in mind. I remembered the look in her eyes and I just knew she was hiding something from me. Something I should've known all along. 

 

"On second though, yeah you're right. It'll help me ease my mind," I said with a nervous smile while continuously wiping my cheeks dry. Seeming to be satisfied, my mom widens her smile and kisses my forehead once more.

 

"Good."

 

Great.

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

"Mrs. Lewis!!!!" I yelled out the moment I slammed opened the double doors of the library. The walls shook and the slamming of the door echoed through out the building. Mrs. Lewis jumps in surprise and drops a couple of books on the floor.

 

"Jesus Christ!!" She yells out. She looks at me with widened eyes as I marched my way towards her. I ignored the glares from strangers and flipped off the same guy that stared at me as if I committed a crime.

 

I walked right up to her desk and slammed my hands down,

 

"Mrs. Lewis, I need answers," I demanded. She raises her eyebrows and goes to question till she saw my puffy eyes and rosy cheeks and nose. My hair was disheveled and up in a bun. I was also wearing my glasses to hide my swollen eyes but I can never hide anything from this woman. 

 

"I assume this is about a certain girl correct?" She asks while standing up. And without waiting for my response, she silently motions for me to follow her to her office. Mrs. Lewis leans back into the edge of the desk and motions for me sit on the chair in front of her.

 

I eye her suspiciously before sitting down. She looks down for a moment before looking back up at me. I felt my heart drop at the sight of her pained expression.

 

"Lisa use to be an energetic child. One of the most happiest child I had ever seen. But on that unfortunate day for her, everything had changed," she stated while crossing her arms. I lean forward,

 

"But how did you meet her?" I asked. She smiles sadly,

 

"I use to be her neighbor," she said. I lean back into the chair and nodded in understanding. She continues,

 

"One day I heard screaming and crying outside. So when I walked out I saw her father leaving with a suitcase and Lisa begging him to stay. It was a heartbreaking sight seeing a young girl on her knees begging for her own dad to stay. While the mother just stood on her porch crying to herself instead consoling her daughter," she said a little angrier. Frustrated even. I felt my heart clench. 

 

"A week later I heard screaming next door. I kept hearing glass shattering and crying. I thought it was all on my head so I continued to sleep. That was until I heard rapid knocking on my door. And when I opened the door, it was Lisa and her head was bleeding," she said causing me to gasp and place my hand over my mouth.

 

"Glass had cut her forehead so I aided her immediately. I wanted to take her to the hospital but she refused. And while I was taking care of her I asked to call the police for her but she said no. This young girl told me 'she'll get better, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter