Plumeria - New Beginning

Rightest (VIXX Hongbin Fanfiction)

"Lee Hongbin..."

That's when both realized something. 

He was the cute guy from before!

She was the staring girl from a few weeks back!

--

"here," Hongbin spoke as he handed Jihye her order before he sat on the seat across her, lowering his food on the table. Jinhye muttered a small 'thank you' as she looked at her item of purchase before lifting her gaze up at him hearing a sigh from him. 

"I told you not to pay anymore, it's supposed to be my treat," he grumbled like a little child, shifting his gaze from her to the scenery outside of the glass walls, pouting a little. Jihye ended up giggling at this behaviour. 

Hongbin returned his focus back to the girl across him, eyeing her suspiciously. "are you laughing at me?" he sneered which caused her to laugh even harder. He pouted. 

"oh come one," she started, wiping a lone tear that escaped the side of her eye from too much amusement from the guy. "I already told you it's fine. Having you eat with me during your break is already enough." She explained, smiling at him fondly. She scanned their surroundings, turning to him again right after with a small smile. 

"you work here?" she asked him which earned a slight nod from the guy before he reached for his spoon and slicing a portion of his food. 

"as a server," Hongbin added after nodding. Jihye eyed the guy who was eating quietly and she found it amazing that she had managed to create a friend in a foreign country. She too, started digging in her food seeing how deliciously he was eating his break.

to have your lunch timed. Oh well, the sentiments of a working person.

"That reminds me," the guy stopped eating all of a sudden, sitting up straight. Jihye followed after, eyeing him—who was wiping his mouth clean— curiosly. 

She raised her brows in question, seeing how he looked always hesitant,like he was contemplating whether or not let the words out. 

"What does this make us?" He asked and she stilled, quite taken aback by his question. When she didn't answer immediately, Hongbin thought that he and offended her and went to take back what he just spluttered. 

But she had beaten him to it. 

"Since you can pout and grumble in front of me informally, without knowing who's older," she crosses her arms in front of her chest, her back meeting the leather seats as she leaned back. "And i can laugh boisterously, I think this makes us as good as friends." She smiled as she shrugged her shoulders lightly, finding his reaction funny. 

Well, who wouldn't? when he was gawking at her, flabbergasted. 

Inside Hongbin's mind, he was thinking how straightforward the girl in front was. He never knew someone blunter than a human-being called Kim Wonshik exists. 

Not until he met Kwon Jihye, that is. 

"ah, yeah." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly seeing that the side of her lips was tilting upwards. She was most probably laughing at him internally.  He averted her gaze as he looked at his reflection in the walls instead. "Friends," he muttered and soon a small smile grazed his lips. 

He had made another friend. 

--

After his break, Lee Hongbin went back to his job,  while Kwon Jihye returned to her business of strolling the city. But before parting ways, the female told the male that she will come back after his shift so the two could walk home together. 

He didn't mind though and just nodded his head. After all, she was a tourist and he's more than glad to tour her around Venice. 

He stopped wiping the tables when he realized something. 

He talked to a girl casually!

Feeling his cheeks burning from embarassment, Lee Hongbin's eyes widened to the size of saucers, garnering attention from the other crews. 

"Hey! You alright?!" 

He quickly raised his head to look at his coworker who was eyeing him worriedly. He nodded vigorously, his eyes still wide. 

"are you sick somewhere?" 

He answered with a vigorous shake of his head.

"Really?"

Again, another vigorous nod. 

"OK," the other guy dismissed and just continued with his inventory at the front counter and Lee Hongbin could only sigh. 

--

As promised, Kwon Jihye went back after his shift ends. Not that he was waiting but he ended up checking out the front door every now and then for her whereabouts, smiling automatically whenever he hears the chimes jingling only to have it drop whenever a different person comes in. 

He wanted to slap his self for acting that way because heck, greeting and smiling at the customers is included in his job profile and he wasn't following it. 

Get your act together, weirdo!

He mused inside his head. 

By the time he was already finished arranging his uniform inside his bag did Kwon Jihye arrived, waiting out by the front door. Hongbin halted seeing her seeing on the pavement, playing with a small stone in front of her. She would kick it only to pull it backwards using the tip of her toes. 

He wanted to savor this sight of her looking innocently while waiting for him. She didn't look mad, troubled, or happy at all. She just looks...

Curious. 

And Lee Hongbin wanted to see her like this always. 

He knows that her being curious means she has a whole lot to learn. So instead of announcing his appearance, he just shut his mouth and he watch her in her own little world, smiling lightly as he tucked his hands inside the pockets of his pants.

His leisure however, got ruined instantly the moment the front door opened wide, the chimes sounding harshly which caught Jihye's attention. 

Before she could even land her eyes at him, the guy in his mid twenties immediately turned his body sideways so it would look like he was going to the right of the shop. He knew he looks ridiculous but it's better, so she wouldn't discover him looking at her like some madman. 

His coworkers who were responsible for opening the door eyed him incredulously while Jihye's brows furrowed in a deep frown seeing him standing like a statue with his hands in his pockets, facing to the right. 

"Are you alright?" One member of the group asked and Hongbin nodded lightly, his lips in a thin line. Another just nodded, weirder out by his actions before they let him off hook finally. 

"Well, off we go. See you tomorrow," With a last pat on his shoulder, the guy smiled a little forcefully before being left alone. 

All at once, Jihye's frown was lost and she cracked up a bit at him. He was weird but cute all at the same time. 

Hearing the sound of her laugh, Hongbin finally spared her a glance only to look away as he rolled his eyes. 

He knows he looks stupid. Does she really have to laugh at him?

Nevertheless, he too ended up laughing at his own silliness before eyeing her again who was already standing up, dusting up the back of her knee-length skirt. 

"Were you waiting long?" he asked her as he crosses the distance between them. Jihye raised her head at him before shaking her head lightly. "No, I just got here, actually." She answered. 

He nodded. "You should've just waited inside. You look funny sitting by the side of the road like that," He said the last sentence eyeing their surrounding to only to found his self clutching his gut in pain and a panicked a looking Jihye motioning to approach him. 

After telling her she looked funny sitting down, a punch landed on his gut, knocking him almost breathless. However, the female didn't know it would turn out strong because heck, she always does that with all her guy friends. 

Was he that weak? All of a sudden, she remembered that he was injured. 

Hongbin raised a hand to stop her from drawing closer. "It's fine, I'm fine." He dismissed. He forgot he was still a little injured because of the bicycle accident. 

"I'm sorry," he heard her muttering apologetically and he immediately felt guilty. Standing up straight, he heaved a huge breath before smiling at her. "it's okay." 

"No, really. I'm sorry." She repeated, gnawing on her lower lip. He smiled lightly before finally smiling genuinely. 

"Apology accepted." Almost instantly, his smiled dropped when he realized something. His eyes widening, he whipped his head towards the girl, who was frowning at him in confusion. 

"Is there something wrong?"

"I'm supposed to deliver flowers after my shift!" He exclaimed in alarm.

 --

After fussing over the fact that he had to deliver flower orders after his shift and feeling guilty for not being able to tour her around the city, the pair came upon the agreement of Jihye accompanying him to deliver flower orders while he show her around the city so he doesn't have to feel guilty for wasting her time waiting and she doesn't have to feel guilty for delaying him on his flower shop duties. 

And so, when the clock hits 6 o' clock in the evening, the pair was walking down the streets of Venice once more, several bouquets and baskets of flowers situated at Hongbin's bicycle as he pushed on it. Jihye was at the other side of the bike, quiet and awkward after the guy received some nasty scolding from his mother about Time Management and such to which the guy just brushed off. 

"You sure you don't want to go home just yet?" Hongbin broke the silence when they reached the huge bridge, where a busy crowd was starting to accumulate. The bridge was lined by several accessory and memento stands that caught the girl's attention. 

She looked back to answer. "No, it's fine. I'm actually enjoying myself." She smiled before turning to look at the shops they pass by. 

He studied her before shaking his head lightly, nevertheless he was smiling. 

"This bridge is called Rialto Bridge." he started as he stared on ahead, smiling still. "If you're planning to buy souvenirs and clothes, you can always try those shops and boutiques here." 

Jihye looked at the guy and she smiled at him before nodding her head. "It's pretty here." She commented. 

All of a sudden, a Gondola passed under the bridge and her eyes sparkled. Walking nearer at the side of the bridge excitedly, the blogger carefully hang half of her body over the rim of the bridge, bending over to see the huge water ways. 

"wah," She exclaimed before looking behind her at the guy with wonder-filled eyes. "This is my first time seeing a Gondola!" She beamed. 

Hongbin nodded with a huge smile on his face. "Do you want to ride one?" he asked. 

"Can we?" she asked back with huge eyes. He nodded at her slightly. "Let's go ride one when we're free."

With a beaming smile, the girl nodded enthusiastically at her newfound friend.

Kwon Jihye couldn't just let this chance slip. Retrieving her digicam on her bag, she snapped a photo of the passing gondola with a huge smile on her face. Checking the angle of the photo, her smile widened even more upon the realization that she captured the perfect angle with the sun setting, the gondola casting a shadow on the waterway. 

Now, she had found a perfect cover for her blog.

Lee Hongbin, just like that time in the cafe, found his self watching the wondrous girl on her quest, a fond smile on his face.

--

The pair walked side by side after finishing the flower delivery, both munching on their baicoli. They were silent as they stuff their selves with the city's delicacies. 

"this one's good!" Jihye commented before fishing out her polaroid from her bag. 

"well, it's one of the best foods here in Venice." Hongbin explained, eyeing the girl who was busy angling her polaroid in front of the delicacy. 

Quickly snapping a photo of it, she turned towards her companion. "What's it called again?" 

"Baicoli." The guy stressed on every syllable so the girl would remember the name of the oval shaped cookies. 

She nodded in understanding before smiling at him. 

"ah, by the way," Hongbin started. She answered him with a hum while she munched on her food. "How old are you?" He asked and the girl stopped munching.

She chewed on the food for a little while and the other waited for her answer patiently. She swallowed before answering him, looking up the starry night sky. "I'm already twenty-six." She mused and Hongbin's brows raised. 

"I'm also twenty-six!" He exclaimed excitedly. "Were the same age!" 

Her response was a beaming smile and the guy spoke again. "So is it fine if we drop the honorifics?" He asks. 

Jihye contemplated for a few good seconds because impish laughs escaped from her shut mouth. She nodded at him, all smiles. "fine. Let's do that!"

--

"How long how you been here?" Jihye asked as she kicked on the pebbles on the ground as they were approaching the stop that signals their separation.

Hongbin hummed before answering her question. "My family migrated here right after I finished high school. So," He seemed like he was counting in his head. He turned to look at her, "Eight years, I guess. " He smiled and the female nodded. 

"How about you?" Hongbin started. "How long so you plan to stay here?" 

"Well," Jihye stopped walking, eyeing the night sky yet again, a serene smile on her face. "Actually, I was supposed to stay for a month only," she chuckled embarrassedly. "But I'm afraid that span wouldn't actually do justice in my blog so I'm extending it to maybe a week or two?" 

"oh," Hongbin mused. "You're blogging?" He queried. 

At this, a dreamy smile grazed the shorter's lips and she smiled at him brightly. "Yep! I'm getting paid for my Travel Blogs!" her smile dropped almost instantly, her face turning guilty. "That's why the data logbook was very important to me. I'm sorry I caused you troubles." She bit her lower lip in embarassment. 

At the sudden turn of events, Hongbin too, felt awkward at the tension that rose almost instantly. He looked down, finding interest on the ground under him. "It's fine." 

"That beats me!" Her voice brought him back to reality and a frown formed on his face at the sudden change of her behaviour. 

Kwon Jihye was looking up at him expectantly as she let out the words. "How about we do this?" 

--

Hongbin lied on his back as he stared at the ceiling of his room, his mind drifting to the conversation earlier. 

"Do what?" He asked innocently. 

"Be my tour guide!" She muses and he raised both his brows in question. 

He understood her proposition, he just wanted her to elaborate things.

"Be my tour guide during your days off for that two weeks before I leave and in exchange, I will be helping in your shop!" 

He slowly nodded in understanding. 

"After all, you've been here for almost a decade already, it wouldn't hurt if you tour me around, right? Dont worry all the expenses are on me! Besides I think it's better to rely on the information from a guy who had real experience than just my itinerary, right?"

Lee Hongbin was at loss for words as he stared at the beaming girl. 

In no time, he found his self agreeing to be her tour guide at her extended stay in Venice. 

Curse her smile and straightforwardness that always catches him off guard. 

Yeah, her straightforward character is her most charming trait, this the guy concluded. 

Sighing, Hongbin straightened out his hand to the ceiling. His hands were far from reaching his ceiling but he did it anyways, a thought in his mind. 

The ceiling was Kwon Jihye. 

And no matter how much he reached out for her, he wouldn't be able to. 

She's out of his reach. 

--

The next day, the sound of someone banging on his door woke the youngest of the Lees. Groaning, he shifted his body to lay on his stomach, reaching for a spare pillow which he used to cover his head to muffle the loud sound from his door. 

"Hongbin-ah! someone's waiting for you downstairs!" Came his mother's voice. 

A deep frown made its way onto the guy's face, thinking about whoever was the possible visitor. His shift wouldn't starts until late in the afternoon so he knows it wasn't one of his coworkers in the cafe who was fetching him. 

Almost immediately, his inquiring mind was answered when his mother added, "It's a girl!"

He bolted up straight from his bed having a hunch that it was Jihye. How and why was she here at this time of the day without him knowing is a big mystery to him. 

"I'll be there in a minute!" Was his response as he rushes inside the bathroom to complete his morning routine. 

Mrs, Lee, on the other hand, just tilted her head in confusion at her child's behaviour. 

Nevertheless, she was feeling giddy because this is the first time a girl was visiting him. 

Aside from the past few days, that is. When a girl was accompanied by two police officers. 

She froze. The girl downstairs...

Wasn't she the girl before?!

-🌵-

A/N: Aaaaaannnnd I'm cutting it here, folks. kkkkk~ I know I have a lot to make up to you for keeping this story dormant for eight months and I'm really really sorry for that. However, I'm still trying to relive the feels for this story and I'm doing that little by little so please bear with for the mean time. No worries more revelations and happenings will take place in the next chapters hahahhaah (It'snot going to be a couple of months again hahahhaah XD).

This is a monotonous chapter I know, but hope that I was able to show you their transition from strangers to being friends in here. Stay tuned for more updates and more—

okay, not gonna reveal anything just yet, hehet~

Anyways, see you guys on the next chapters ^.^

Love lots~

laidbacknewbie