Galax - Encouragement

Rightest (VIXX Hongbin Fanfiction)

"I'm sorry, Ji hye-ah. I thought I was just tired. I thought I just needed time to think and space to myself, but I can't find it anymore. The spark inside me, it's gone. I don't know when exactly, or how it happened, but I ended up waking one day that you're not the name my heart is screaming for anymore. I don't think I want to continue from here on, I'm sorry."

"All passengers boarding the plane, please fasten your seatbelts as we are about to land in just a few minutes." 

The voice of the flight stewardee resonated in the plane, successfully bringing Jihye's focus back to reality. She sighed before tearing away her gaze from outside to her abdomen, lifting her bottom to reach for the seatbelt curled up behind her. 

Venice. In just a few minutes, she will be landing on her destination, finally. 

--

After boarding off the plane and getting her luggage, the blogger decided that she's hungry and she needs to freakin' eat before her intestines start to swallow up her whole stomach. Quickly getting out of the airport, she scanned her surroundings for possible food chains where she could tame her anger. 

As if a lightbulb fluoresced in her head, her face lit up when she spotted a cafe nearby, all she needs to do is to cross the vast road and she's good to go. 

--

The chimes atop her head sounded when Jihye entered the cafe. She inhaled the aromatic scent of coffee lingering in the air before using her surveillance camera-like vision to search for possible seat. Luckily, she found one at the far end of the place, near the glass wall. She smiled, trotting towards her new safe haven which will last for a few hours starting now.

Soon, Jihye's mouth started watering when the waiter, who looked like he was up all night started serving her orders one by one, from the appetizer, the side dish, and finally the main dish. What she ordered could actually pass as orders for two but she didn't care, she was hungry for Pete's sake!

The girl reached for her Java Chip Shake and took a sip, finally getting the chance to study the place. It was nice, it brings a calming feeling to the heart even if it was packed with customers, the music playing softly in the background also helped her relax her tensed muscles (from sitting too much).

More customers entered the cafe and this time, Jihye turned her attention outside, finding interest at the way the streets got replaced every second by pedestrians crossing, workers hurrying while checking their wristwatches and tourists, dragging their luggage behind them, some looking around as to not get lost and some hailing cabs and buses. 

Suddenly, a vague and unclear voice of someone reached her ears. She tried her best not to roll her eyes but she did anyway. Just when I thought I'm in paradise.

She craned her neck to witness a guy wearing a hoodie and black pants being scolded by a much older bald man (probably in his 40's), who seemed like the cafe owner (or could it be the manager) beside the counter.

As the middle-aged man was speaking French, she could only make out small words like 'late', 'time management', and 'everyday'. Her attention turned to the guy wearing hoodie who kept on bowing his head as to probably show he was guilty. Not long after, the talk ended and the hoodie guy proceeded way past the counter and inside the facility. This was when the bald man and Jihye's eyes met. Quickly, the man smiled at her sheepishly and she returned the gesture awkwardly, bowing slightly at him, turning around once again to sip on her drink. 

Quickly after the incident, the blogger noticed a guy coming out from the prepping area towards the tables with no customers anymore, tidying up the tops. formed an 'O'. So he works here. He looks Asian just like her. 

The guy's attention was called when a customer in the table before her raised her hand, successfully calling the attention of the tidying waiter. 

He raised his brows in question for a few moments before finally smiling brightly at the girl, nodding his head slightly as he immediately trotted his way towards the counter and spoke to a girl worker who immediately reached down the counter and handed him a handful of table napkins. 

Yet again, Jihye followed the guy's movements until he handed the customer the napkins, smiling once again at the local. All of a sudden, their eyes met when the waiter raised his vision front the table before her. She quickly reached for her drink and then busied herself at the scenery outside.

Kwon Jihye never ever wished for the ground to swallow her whole more than this time. 

He's coming for me. He's coming for me.

She kept on chanting in her head when she noticed the worker approaching her in her peripheral. 

"What can I help you?" The worker asked her in French, leaning down slightly to look at her. Just like earlier, the guy raised his brows in question, indicating that he was all ears to her possible request. 

Still embarrassed for being caught, Kwon Jihye turned her head towards the guy rather awkwardly, smiling at him with shut, shaking her head in the process. 

"I'm fine, thank you." She answered with the same language he's been using. 

At this, the waiter nodded his head once, quite bewildered at how the customer reacted, before continuing his interrupted work earlier. 

--

After humiliating herself  at the cafe, Kwon Jihye decided to finally call it a day, going to her next destination- her hotel accommodation. 

She decided to made reservations in a 3 Star hotel as to save money for other expenses, who knows, she might plan to stay a little bit longer, specially that she saw how lovely Venice is. 

Quickly taking a shower after fixing her stuffs and luggages, she did not went to bed in contrast to what was expected. Instead, she plopped down on bed and reached for her Data notebook, opening it to find an empty space.

Soon, she started scribbling notes for her itenerary for her stay in the city, things she wanted to do and places she wanted to visit. After doing so, a triumphant smile spread across her face and she rolled over to lay in her back, focusing on the ceiling above. 

Three years ago, after resigning from her old job, Kwon Jihye decided her luck and started working as a freelance blogger instead. 

Luckily, the odds became one with her as her topic all became a hit, earning her a lot of followers, subscribers, and even offer from Top travel agencies to advertise their business in her blogs. 

Despite all the blessings, Jihye still chose to weigh things. She can't afford to rash into things again, she might ended up getting hurt. For three years, Blogging became her only friend, finding solace doing it during the times when she felt the most down in her life. 

And before she knew it, she finally drifted off to dreamland.

--

Sometime during the night, blogger woke up with a dry throat. She got up from her uncomfortable lying position and walked across the room towards the small fridge. After drinking, she was supposed to set the used glass on the island counter beside the fridge when she accidentally dropped the glass. 

She mentally scolded herself for being so clumsy. Not daring to open the lights of the room, she crouched down to pick up the shards of pieces carefully so she would not hurt herself. 

But just like that, when she did her very best to not get hurt, she still did, anyway. Picking one last piece of glass shard broke through her skin, piercing her flesh. She observed her finger that was cut.

Fate must have been mocking her, because no matter how careful she was, she will still get hurt anyway. Just like how she got hurt from loving someone. 

"This is why I told you I'll do it. Look, the skin is completely peeled off." He sighed, examining her foot that was bleeding continuously. Fortunately, the cut was small despite it drawing a lot of blood. 

He rummaged inside the first aid kit, getting a handful of cotton, and iodine treatment. 

He looked up at the sitting girl on the bed. "This may hurt a little, okay? Tell me if it hurts too much and I'll try to be gentle."

Jihye scoffed at the distant memory. Careful my , she thought before she continued picking up the glass shards so she could finally clean her wound and go to sleep. 

-- 

The next day, Jihye packed herself things useful for her trip. Pocket money, digicam, polaroid and her data logbook (for the reason that she's too lazy to bring her laptop). She went out of the hotel room to get herself breakfast first. 

She pondered whether to just call for delivery or go back to the cafe yesterday, the dishes are good. Too bad, she humiliated herself yesterday. She sighed loudly at the thought.  At the end, she chose to eat in a fast food chain from across the hotel she's staying at.

Her itinerary for today was to visit the Venice Biennale, where a lot of art and painting is to be exhibited. While munching on her tritole, she raised her polaroid, the lens facing her before snapping a photo of herself munching venetian food while walking. She waited for the film to be out, hailing cabs while doing so. 

Soon, the film was out of the polaroid at the same time a taxi stopped in front of her. Well, time to get work.

--

Kwon Jihye snapped photos of the place while she busied her self admiring the beauty of the place. Studying the people crowding the place. The place is conducting the Venice Film Fest, and she was very much excited to see what was in store for her. There are times that she asked passersby to snap a photo of her that will serve as a remembrance of her trip to Venice.  

While she's at it, Jihye visited stalls and shops along the street and took photos as well as bought goods to include in her blog later on. And just like how it was in the cafe, Kwon Jihye killed time by observing people inhabiting the streets, busy tending to their selves. 

At this, Jihye did not only enjoyed herself, she did not only gathered data for her blog. Being at Venice, she also found herself healing just a little bit. She smiled at the silly thought she's thinking. 

--

Soon, the last day of the film festival came and Jihye found herself squeezing in the sea of people crowding the vicinity yet again. Tonight, the locals decided to do a fireworks display to mark the end of the film festival. Just like any other times, Kwon Jihye decided to cover this event and place it on her blog. 

She snapped photos yet again, only, finding difficulty this time as the place was slightly packed with people, more than the usual but the blogger paid no heed, she was having the time of her life so she ignored the sea of people squeezing her as she tried to find the best angle.

All of a sudden cheers and claps caught the girl's attention. She looked behind her to see that a lot of people were crowding towards a certain spot at the center. She frowned but was swayed by her curiosity. Soon, she found herself walking towards the sea of people, squeezing herself in the sea of people. It could be of help in her blog. 

Jihye's eyes rounded in awe when she finally discovered what was happening. In the center, stood a venetian local and a man on his knees, with a ring in his hand. The female was covering her face in embarrassment and the guy was smiling at her fondly. The blogger smiled at the scene unfolding before her. Quickly raising her polaroid instead of her digicam, she snapped a photo of the two lovers, vowing to love each other for the rest of their lives. 

She turned to the right, where an old woman was dreamily staring at the event. "Is he proposing?" She asked the female in French. 

At this, the old woman nodded eagerly, "she said yes." Then looked back again at the two only to clap her hands when the couple started hugging each other. This caught Jihye's attention yet again, clapping her hands as well for the two. 

A few seconds later, a guy with chocolate brown hair wearing a denim jacket approached the two when they finally broke their hug. The guy handed the female a bouquet of orange blossoms, congratulating the couple after. Quickly getting out of the scene, the female started shedding tears as she looked at the bouquet of flowers in her arms. 

Soon, the sky started asking for attention, for a booming sound caught everyone's attention, including the lovey-dovey couple. Everyone looked up, fascinated by the colors exploding at the night sky. Cheers and applause sounded once again and Jihye could never be happier in her life, she loved it here. Everything here screamed happiness. Just like before, she snapped a photo of the colors in the sky and the people looking up the night sky with artificial stars.

The end of the fireworks display signaled Jihye to call it a day, while she was walking down the streets, she decided to open her data logbook and scribble new information she learned after her visit. It was difficult writing while walking but she had finally mastered doing both at the same time since the time that she realized she was extremely forgetful. 

Eager to write everything that she could still remember, Jihye was caught off guard when she bumped into someone, sending her things flying, as she landed on her bottom. 

She groaned. As she lifted herself a little the moment her made contact with the paved ground. 

"I'm sorry!" The stranger immediately  spread out his hands for her to hold. The girl accepted the offer as she found difficulty standing on her own. 

The stranger bowed again, muttering a 'sorry' before reaching down to pick up her pen and notebook. During the time when he picked up her things for her, she muttered an "its okay,"  at him. 

She looked at her behind, before proceeding to pat her back, removing dust from her black jeans. 

" your things," the strangers voice brought her attention back in front and she bowed a little as she reached for her pen and notebook. "Thank you" she answered, bowing slightly. 

The stranger smiled a little before finally walking past her, seeming in a hurry. Jihye frowned, he looks quite familiar. She shook her head and turned towards the disappearing figure of the guy. 

She tilted her head a little, "its weird. I think I've seen him somewhere." She looked at his figure once more, and then it hit her, noticing the denim jacket he's wearing. "Omo, he was the flower boy earlier at the proposal," she giggled at the thought.

"What a clumsy guy, though." She concluded, losing her smile. 

--

Jihye went out of her bathroom, drying her hair with a towel. She approached the drawer on the side of her bed, kneeling down in front as she pulled the drawer, finally pulling out her laptop for the first time that day. 

She plopped down on her bed, opening her laptop. As she wait for the device to warm up for a few minutes, she reached for her satchel, getting her data logbook inside. 

She frowned a little when she noticed the thing to be a little out of shape, the edges of the hard bound notebook didn't look as sharp as it was before going to the fare. Was it because of the fall?

Soon, she opened her notebook and searched for the start of her trip to the exhibit. Her frown deepened when she was met with different contents in her logbook. Not only that, the handwriting seemed different. She closed her notebook once more, it was obviously hers, so why...

She opened the notebook once more, her eyes widening. She studied the pages each time to turned to simultaneously. Turns out that no information about her earlier whereabouts was there. Only a list of names, what seemed like their address, and the contact numbers. Beside each name, is a check mark on the right side of the page. Her shoulders fell as the events from earlier came rushing back. 

"I'm sorry." 

Was she robbed? There was no way that guy would steal a notebook with no hidden agenda. Its just a notebook for goodness' sake. Does he actually know her? It was actually impossible for a guy to be that clumsy. 

Her source of living is slipping away from her. If he was really a thief and he knew about her business, then he should pay.

With a determined face, Jihye turned to the last page of the notebook, eyeing the last name on the list. 

"He must be the proposing dude," she mumbled. Quickly dialing his number, the blogger stomped her foot on the floor impatiently waiting for the other end. 

"Hello?"

She swallowed quick before answering the male from the other line. 

"Hello."  She answered in French. 

"Uh, who's this? How may I help you?" 

Jihye let out a long sigh before carefully answering the guy.

"I'm actually one of the person watching you propose to your girl. Actually, I was thinking of doing a birthday event soon. Seeing you handing your fiancée a bouquet of flowers got me intrigued. May I know what was the name of the flower shop from where you ordered the flowers?"

"Oh, no problem. The shop's name is Flowers of Hope."

-🌵-

A/N: First chapter is up, how do you guys find it so far? I'm actually overflowing with feels right now, and the motivation to write VIXX stories boomed now that we Starlights are waiting for a possible music video to be released by next week. I miss N so much but I just can't get over the fact that VIXX would perform together again. (We'll wait for you, Cha Heukyeon-ssi, don't worry)

I'll be releasinga a blog regarding my reaction once their mv was out so please support me. 

Tell me your thoughts about this, pretty please (uwu)

Leave me some comments? Chu~