Chapter 5

Gift of Truth

Bobby immediately pushed Hanbin aside to head over to Donghyuk’s side. “Where is he?”

 

“It’s faint but I’m sure this is his smell. He’s at the docks, the third warehouse from the port.” Donghyuk said, looking at Bobby.

 

“Then let’s go. We’re not wasting another moment.” Bobby said, looking at Chanwoo who nodded and finally removed the dark sphere that cloaked their presence.

 

Years of training and continuous teachings finally led them to become better and grow into Gifted that could control their Gifts.

 

The incident was well planned, they thought. The older Gifted were out in missions while the Dragon and the Goddess were out on a vacation. They were tasked to take care of Jinhwan, specifically Bobby and Hanbin but look at where they are now.

 

They knew how gullible the younger one is but to think that he’d willingly go along with the perpetrators is beyond them. There were no signs of forced entry nor a fight and they know Jinhwan would definitely scream for help if he was in trouble.

 

The moment they reached the docks, they all looked at each other to give a nod. The plan was to surround it and make sure to infiltrate the place. Yunhyeong and Chanwoo was tasked as the rescuers, Bobby and Hanbin are the defenders and Junhoe and Donghyuk were there for negotiations and traps. It was a perfect plan.

 

Yunhyeong and Chanwoo circled to the back of the warehouse to start with the rescue process.

 

The moment Donghyuk and Junhoe pushed the doors open, they saw four men standing in the middle of the warehouse. Hands in their pockets and faces covered in masks. In the middle of them, however, was a man tied to a chair with a cover on his head. They all looked in worry, knowing that it was Jinhwan.

 

“J-Jinhwan-hyung...” Donghyuk called out in worry. Bobby and Hanbin felt their insides tremble at the sight. They were all just looking at each other before Junhoe finally clicked his tongue to talk.

 

“We’re here to get him back. Just hand him over and we can talk about this whole thing in a civilized manner.” Junhoe said, seeing as Bobby and Hanbin are already riled. He needed to remind them that Jinhwan’s safety is the priority.

 

“Civilized huh?” One of the men said, stepping forward. “Then let’s talk without using our Gifts.”

 

The others were obviously surprised to hear what he said. To know the existence of the Gift means they either have one or they’re one of the hunters who’s looking to use those who are Gifted. He looked at Bobby before smiling, “Then let’s talk.”

 

They were all surprised to see chairs appear right behind them. They all looked at each other, worried. They’ve never seen this kind of Gift before and they weren’t sure what they’d do.

 

“So… what kind of civilized talk are we about to have?” One of the men asked, sitting on his own chair alongside the others. Donghyuk and Junhoe looked at each other before sitting on the chair and realizing that it was real. Meanwhile Bobby and Hanbin were too riled up to realize the chairs behind them. Donghyuk cleared his throat and a gust of wind pushed both down to the chairs.

 

“You have someone that belongs to us. The man tied on the chair is one of our own. Would you please return him?” Donghyuk asked nicely. Junhoe looked at him in total disbelief. He couldn’t believe that the youngest of them is the one in charge of everything. He looked back and rolled his eyes. Donghyuk was definitely the best candidate for the job.

 

“This guy? Nah., I don’t think he’s yours.” The guy said, casually sitting on the chair before standing up and patting the head of the one on the chair. “Are you one of them?”

 

Donghyuk immediately looked back at the older ones who were already fuming in anger. He was pretty sure they’d at least hold the fort, but it looks like they’re willing to destroy everything just to rescue Jinhwan.

 

To their surprise the one tied on the chair shook their head. They were all confused, but Donghyuk immediately shook his head. “No…. that’s impossible… that’s Jinhwan-hyung’s scent!”

 

“I say we burn this place down!” Hanbin says, flames already flowing freely out of him.

 

The men in masks just smiled at them as they sat on their chairs, unaffected by Hanbin’s flames. Something about it pushed Hanbin back to re-evaluate what was happening. Bobby, on the other hand, stood from the chair and created a blizzard to cover their tracks while they headed towards the man tied to the chair. The man who initially made the chairs didn’t budge, albeit they stood there looking as if in observance of what they’ll do next...

 

“Damn it, we’re going with plan B!” Junhoe grumbled before kicking the chair back and slamming his hands on the ground. The other men in the warehouse jumped away when they saw the ground moving, creating a crater around the man tied on the chair. Donghyuk pushed himself off the ground and immediately flew towards the guy.

 

One of the men disappeared while the person who made the chair clicked his tongue. The other two were about to attack when Junhoe growled and the land mass from the crater rose, covering Donghyuk and the man tied on the chair.

 

Hanbin and Bobby looked at Donghyuk, he immediately used his powers to pull the older ones inside the cylindrical mass that Junhoe made.

 

Bobby immediately ran towards the man, untying him while Hanbin removed the cover on his face.

 

But the moment the cover was removed, he gasped to see someone else sitting on the chair.

 

“Boo!”

 

Suddenly, the cylindrical place was covered in frost. Junhoe immediately collapsed to the ground, hands covered his frost with his lips already turning blue. Hanbin immediately jumped away from the guy, who they thought was Jinhwan, but he was immediately followed. The guy touched Hanbin’s chest and he fell on his knees with difficulty in breathing.

 

Hanbin watched a speck of frost on his chest crawl out and spread towards his body. No matter how much he tried to fight it off with his fire, the frost melted a bit but continued to re-appear over and over again.

 

Donghyuk, on the other hand, attacked the guy and was overpowered when the guy held his neck. Frost started spreading from him and just before it spread around his head, Bobby’s ice countered it.

 

The guy looked back at Bobby and smirked at him.

 

“I never thought I’d see a day…”

 

“Who the are you?! Where the is Jinhwan?!” Hanbin’s voice blasted but the guy didn’t give him any attention. He concentrated on Bobby who seemed to be the calmest at that moment. Bobby was sure that they didn’t know their Gifts, and this was a total disadvantage to them. He was sure that their Gifts were rare, so he was quite surprised to see these other Gifted just as rare as theirs.

 

“Why do you have the same Gift as mine?” Bobby asked, eyes slowly turning into a hue of blue.

 

“Same?” He grins before laughing. “Don’t make me laugh… I’m nothing like you.”

 

Bobby noticed the frost slowly crawling up his legs, but he immediately countered it. He heard the guy laughing, “Like I told you, we’re nothing alike.”

 

“You… Where’s Jinhwan?!” Bobby asked and he just shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know.”

 

“If you don’t tell us where he is our other team mates are going to breakdown this warehouse and you’ll all die.” Bobby threatened, thinking of a way to turn the tides of the battle. The guy just raised his brows before laughing maniacally. He could see the confusion building up in Bobby’s face and he reveled at the fact that the younger seemed to be so confused of what’s happening.

 

“You mean the other two young ones that went out back? Those are your back up?” Bobby’s eyes widened with what he heard. More than that he couldn’t help but look at the others. He didn’t hear Hanbin complaining anymore and Donghyuk’s pleads were silenced.

 

Bobby was shocked to see everyone covered in Frost while he stood there, unaffected. The guy walked towards Bobby, as if casually strolling in a park.

 

“Don’t come any closer! Tel me where Jinhwan is!” Bobby threatened, pillars of ice shoot out of the ground and formed into icicles, ready to stab the guy. Each of them, he simply passed his hand before it all turned into frost and it all fell on the ground. Bobby was confused with what happened. He kept making icicles and each time they turn into frost and fall back into the ground, creating a mound of snow.

 

“Whoever taught you, didn’t raise you well.” The guy said, steps away from Bobby. “Don’t you know that the Gift of Ice can never hurt another who has the same Gift as yours?”

 

“For short… You’re useless in the face of another Ice Gift.” He says.

 

“Then that means you’re just as useless!” Bobby said, throwing a punch at the guy. He was a bit disoriented, but he just took a deep breath before looking at Bobby. “Unless you could control Absolute Zero, then you stand no chance against me.”

 

When Bobby was about to pack another punch, the guy evaded it and punched Bobby instead. It became a test of strength but just when Bobby got the upper hand, the guy pulled back before laughing.

 

“You’re strong… But are you heartless?”

 

“Tell me where Jinhwan is!”

 

“Jinhwan? You’re looking for someone else while your teammates are dying beside you?” The guy said and Bobby immediately looked at the others. “Our Gift can kill people… don’t you remember what happened to your family?”

 

“How do you—”

 

“Begs the question… Would you surrender just to save them?”

 

Bobby had to work double time, countering the frost that covered everyone and battle the guy that was in front of him. He knew his exhaustion was about to hit back double time, but he needed to get information from the other guy. Just when he was getting the upper hand again, two unconscious bodies suddenly appeared on the floor. Upon closer inspection, he noticed that it was Yunhyeong and Chanwoo.

 

Even before the guy’s frost could reach them, he immediately enveloped them with his own ice. He could at least control their body temperatures that way instead of letting the guy use his Gift to kill them.

 

He saw the guy smiling when he felt something on his ribs. He was shocked to see a spear of Frost running right through his chest. Adrenaline rushed through his body as his eyes turned into a dangerous hue of Blue and in a second, they were engulfed in the purest form of ice.

 

But before he could damage the other guy his consciousness failed him, and he fainted.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Bobby gasped, sitting up before wincing in pain. He panted before holding on his chest, looking around to see the others lying on the ground. They were still in the warehouse, but they were all lying on the bed, covered in bandages.

 

He furrowed his brows before looking around.

 

“What…?”

 

He felt someone hit his head and when he looked around, he saw the same guy he fought. He was just about to get into battle mode, but his wound was still fresh.

 

“You idiot! You really went into battle without making up a proper plan? Ugh… I don’t know what the Dragon’s gonna say when he finds out what you kiddos did.” Xiumin, the guy who Bobby fought with, said. Bobby looked at him with eyes wide open, wondering why the guy knew Dragon when he was just attacking them moments ago.

 

“Relax. Jinhwan’s safe. He’s out having tea with Chanyeol and Beakhyun. Man, I don’t know that those people are teaching yall but you decide too much with this” pointing at Bobby’s chest, “before using this!” pointing to his head.

 

“But… I… I don’t understand…” Bobby says.

 

“I think we need to explain from the start Xiumin.” Lay says, stepping into the conversation and creating a chair right beside the bed. Bobby looked at him, confused and bewildered that these people are actually on the same side.

 

“We’re part of the first batch that the Dragon and the Goddess trained to blend into society. We’re kind of like spies, making sure that there’s no threat to Gifted people such as ourselves. So, since you guys are our juniors, Dragon decided to test how much you’ve mastered your Gifts.” Lay explains, in a way that Bobby comprehends. The guy was already nodding his head to the explanation when Kris chimed in.

 

“And let me tell you, so far you guys are weak.”  Another new face confused Bobby even more.

 

“Since this is your first challenge as a team, we were pretty lenient with you. Plus, your plan was pretty good when we were listening to it. Only problem is, we got inside your heads and then you just ed it all up.” Chen said as he stepped into the mix. “You guys are s.” Bobby said, glaring at them. “You expect me to believe you that Jinhwan is just having tea with Chanyeol and Baekhyun without showing me proof?”

 

“Luhan?” Lay called out and Bobby hears someone grunt before grumbling incoherent words behind him. He looks back and sees someone snap his fingers before he falls on the pavement of a sidewalk. He looks around and his surroundings changed, he was already in the city.

 

“What…? Where…?” Bobby wondered, confused at what happened.

 

“There they are. Please don’t show yourself. Jinhwan’s gonna freak out if he sees you in those bandages.” Luhan says, hiding behind a big building while motioning Bobby to go where he was. Bobby obliged and stepped closer to the guy. He peeked behind the building and saw Jinhwan laughing with Chanyeol and Baekhyun over tea and some cakes. He was genuinely happy with the two, lost in their conversation and truly enjoying their company.

 

Bobby was just enjoying his laughter when he was flown back into the warehouse where they others were just waking up. He sighed, shaking his head before looking back at the people around him.

 

“So, all of this was like a test of some sort…?” Bobby asked and they all looked at each other before nodding.

 

 

--- XXX --- DaraGon Moment


 

 

 

“Are you sure you’re alright? I saw something red on you elbow.” Jiyong asked, looking at Dara while pouting. Dara just chuckled at him before shaking her head. “Ji, it scraped on the car. Don’t worry about it.”

 

“I don’t want you to have any scars.” He stops right in front of her, puppy eyes while pouting. A sure way to get her to stop and listen.

 

“Yes, Ji. I’m fine. It was just a scratch. It’ll be better. I’ll put ointment on it when I get the chance to.” She says, smiling at him before going on his tiptoes to give him a kiss. He sighed as their lips touched. Loving the warmth from her lips and smelling her scent. He smiled before leaning back down and kissing her again.

 

“I love you…”

 

“I love you too…”

 

The two looked at each other, smiling. Without a care about anything. Jiyong opened the door to his office and immediately halted when he saw a familiar man sitting in his chair.

 

“We meet again…