Chapter 7

Gift of Truth

Jinhwan wrinkled his forehead when the car suddenly stopped moving. He was deep in his thoughts that when the car suddenly halted, he stumbled forward. “W-what happened? Sir?”

 

The taxi driver slowly turned his head to Jinhwan. “Jinani, what are you planning to do? Are you planning to go to the mansion and sacrifice yourself? Don’t you trust your parents?!”

 

It was Luhan’s voice and by the looks of it, he was controlling the taxi driver with his Gift. Jinhwan gasped, they can’t possibly understand what he’s going through. Something was happening to his parents and he was sure about it. The way Dara was sending this signal of worry was upsetting him and he was sure there’s something wrong. He wasn’t sure how he can possibly help but them but he needed to be there.

 

Deep in his gut, he knows that he should be there. Or else he’ll regret everything.

 

“Luhan-hyung… You don’t understand! I… I need to be there!” Jinhwan answered, pleading to the older.

 

“Jinani! Listen to reason! What can you possibly do there?!” Luhan growled at him, making him flinch at the older’s voice.

 

“But hyung… hyung… my parents… I need to see my parents!” Jinhwan cried, begging the man.

 

“No! You’re coming back with us.” Was the last thing Jinhwan heard when he saw several people fall from the sky. His eyes widened when he saw the familiar faces staring back at him.


 

~~~


 

“You… You still tried to defy the laws of nature.” Jiyong said. The man just scoffed. 

 

“Laws of Nature? Do you really think that you’re just blessed for having such a Gift? The mere existence of Gifted people like you DEFY the VERY laws of Nature!” The man shouted, making Dara wince in fear. Jiyong could see her shaking and he clenched his jaw while glaring at the guy.

 

Dara was a very special individual who carried a very important Gift. Her father, who stood before them, was a Normal who fell in love with Dara’s mother who had one of the most important Gifts the world had. The Gift of Healing and Neutralization. They used to be so different yet upon the birth of Dara, it was also the death of her mother.

 

Some say her father was driven to insanity for losing her mother. Some stated that his madness has always been there and that Dara’s mother was the only person who managed to change him. But only Dara knew the truth.

 

Her father wanted immortality and with her mother’s gift, he managed to find the way to it but once she died he did everything in his power to discover how to extract Gifts from Gifted individuals.

 

That was where Jiyong met Dara. He was an undercover agent who was trying to discover where the kidnapped Gifted were held. But upon meeting Dara, Jiyong made sure to take down her father’s hopes of acquiring other people’s Gifts.

 

He was supposed to be in prison, rotting there to his death. But seeing him now, Jiyong knew something else was at work.

 

“You don’t have to be so scared of me my princess. Your old man’s been worried about you. How about we go home and--”

 

“I am home! This IS my home!” Dara answered, despite her obvious shaking.

 

“Oh? You call this make-believe house a home? It’s nothing but Jiyong’s illusions. One of the many lies his Gift can fake.” The man said but when he saw Jiyong’s glare, he started laughing. “But you know what? I should be thanking you, Dragon. I couldn’t possibly have done this without you.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Jiyong asked, looking lost at the older’s words.

 

“You see… I knew that you had a Gift. And with that, I ordered the blood samples taken from each employee that worked there before. Who knew that your blood could push this research beyond the limits that others have put in it? Your Gift helped me find what I was looking for all along.” The man smiled as he snapped his fingers and the place was swamped with screens that showed images of people strapped on chairs with head devices covering their eyes. Jiyong and Dara looked around in terror as some screamed in horror, fear and obvious panic.

 

“Ahhh… wonderful music isn’t it?“ The man said, moving his hands like a conductor leading them like a musical. Jiyong gritted his teeth, glaring at the man. “What have you done to these people?!”

 

“I’ve taken their Gifts to create mine.” The man said, snapping his fingers again and this time another screen appears in front of Jiyong and Dara showing his physical body sitting on a throne with a crown on his head, smirking at them.

 

“Now… my little princess. Come to Daddy… and together… Let’s conquer the world!” The man laughed hysterically.

 

“I’ll never hand her over to you Hyunsuk!” Jiyong answered and Dara gathered all her courage to answer him too. “I’ll never agree with your evil conquest! I’d rather die than help you!”

 

The man suddenly stopped laughing and all but one screen disappeared. They see him stand from his chair as he stopped laughing. Looking directly at them. “Too bad… I really did want you with me.” 

 

“But I guess I would have to kill you. Farewell, my princess.” Hyunsuk sent her a flying kiss before looking at Jiyong with glowing eyes. “Kill her with your own Gift.”


 

~~~ XXX ~~~ 


 

“Please… Jiwonie… Hanbinie… Please… Please I beg you!” Jinhwan cried, knees on the pavement as he clutched their hands tightly. Chanyeol and Xiumin glanced at each other, guilt apparent on their faces. Their chests constricted while looking at the young one begging on his knees.

 

“Jinani…” Bobby called out, kneeling alongside Hanbin. “We… We need to go back. It’s not safe here.”

 

“No… You don’t understand… You don’t understand… I… I… I…” Jinhwan stuttered before coughing out a shriek and screaming in pain. Bobby and Hanbin’s eyes widen as they looked at him, panic written all over their faces.

 

“What’s going on? Hyung!” Hanbin asked, directing the question to Chanyeol who looked troubled. The older wasn’t able to answer his question, same thing with Xiumin who was gritting his teeth as if holding back his emotions.

 

“Can you just ing tell us what’s going on?! Why does he need to go through this?!” Bobby complained, shouting at the older ones who kept their gaze away.

 

Jinhwan, in desperation, looked up at Bobby and Hanbin with glowing lavender eyes. “Bring me to my parents. NOW.”

 

The older Gifted couldn't believe their eyes the second Bobby and Hanbin stood up to look at them. They immediately cursed before changing their stance.

 

“Lu, we have a problem.” Xiumin whispered at the Gifted standing by.

 

The moment the two turned around, Hanbin was surrounded by blue flames accompanied by Bobby’s white-blue ice.


 

~~~ 

 

Jiyong gained back his consciousness to see his own hand stretched out and strangling Dara midair. “Ji...” Dara called out as she tried her best to fight for her life.

 

It was apparent that she tried fighting back but it was all in vain. The look on her face broke him into a frenzied panic. He immediately opened his hand and Dara fell.

 

But before she could hit the ground, Jiyong stretched out his hand again to stop her fall and guide her towards him. He pulled his wife onto his lap, enclosing her body into his arms and finally releasing a sob he didn’t know he was holding back.

 

“Dee… Dee please… Please dont… Don’t leave me…!” Jiyong sobbed as he rocked his wife’s body, tightening his embrace.

 

“Ji… I… love you...” Dara whispered under her breath as she tried to return her husband’s hug but her hand fell limp. Falling and unable to reciprocate Jiyong’s hug.

 

And for the first time, Jiyong felt a knot inside his throat as a burning sensation filled his insides. “No! Dee! Don’t leave… Don’t!”

 

“How does it feel Dragon? How does it feel when you’re not in control? This is what you did to my life.” Hyunsuk whispered, but loud enough for Jiyong to hear.

 

“You murderer… She’s your daughter!” Jiyong screamed as he stretched out his hand to control him but the guy just shrugged his shoulders. “We’ve been through this a while ago Dragon. You can’t control me. Not when I have all these Gifted individuals to fuel mine.” He smirked.

 

“Oh… You have guests. You’ve gained quite a number of rare Gifts. Tell me… What Gift does your child possess?” Hyunsuk grinned at him.

 

“You’ll never get my child! You’ll have to kill me before you can get him!” Jiyong shouted.

 

“And you really think I couldn't?” Hyunsuk smiled at him before snapping his fingers and Jiyong out.


 

~~~ 


 

Jinhwan ran towards his father’s office despite the piercing pain in his chest, followed closely by Bobby and Habin who were still overflowing with power. The three slammed the doors open to see a man slit Jiyong’s throat before snapping his fingers and catching Jiyong’s face as he fell to his knees. When they saw someone in the room other than Jiyong and Dara, the two instinctively blocked Jinhwan from the man who killed his father.

 

“Look carefully at your child’s face. Say goodbye to him, forever.” Hyunsuk laughed maniacally.

 

“No… No! No! No! No! NOOO!!!!” Jinhwan screamed before a shattering noise filled his ears. Bobby and Hanbin unconsciously moved to attack the man who killed the Dragon. To their dismay, the man disappeared and reappeared in front of Jinhwan.

 

“Come with me, child.” Hyunsuk ordered with eyes glowing at him.

 

Jinhwan looked up at the man as his hair color turned into the most majestic purple. His eyes glowed with fierce lavender as he looked up at the guy. “LEAVE!”

 

And with that one word, Hyunsuk’s apparition returned to his body and he fell on his knees, gasping for air.

 

“Sir! Are you alright?!” One of his henchmen said.

 

“Those two pests…” Hyunsuk grinned before turning it turned into hysterical laughter. “They’ve created a perfect Gifted! I need that child!” Hyunsuk growled before barking orders which caused chaos inside the institution.

 

“Get him… I need to find out what his Gift truly is… and get it.”