Chapter 6

Gift of Truth

"Hwannie! Did you enjoy our date?" Baekhyun asked the younger who is happily munching on the cookies they bought.

 

"Neh hyung! Thank you for treating me today! I have to tell you... I really, really did miss going out with you and Chanyeollie-hyung." Jinhwan smiled widely as he remembered when the couple came up to him that morning. He was reading in his mother's glass garden when the couple invited him to join their little field trip. Jinhwan knew it was a date, but he was still happy that the couple included him so he joined in when they looked like they wanted him to join.

 

"Well I'm glad you had fun today little one." Chanyeol said as he ruffled the younger's hair which only earned a scowl.

 

"Yah! Hyung!!! Don’t touch the hair! Aish! I'll have to fix it again! Hmp!" Jinhwan’s scowl turned into a pout as he stomped his way to the washroom.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyung chuckled at his child-like outrage yet as soon as Jinhwan is out of sight, the couple's expression immediately turned grim.

 

"Yeollie, the crystal is getting weak. Something’s happening to Dara noona." Baekhyun worriedly informed his other half. "I know. I also felt that. But this is exactly why we orchestrated this kidnapping scheme. To train the boys and to save Jinan from those men who’s trying to gain out Gifts to use it for evil.."

 

"But Yeol, what will happen? I'm worried for Nani."

 

"I know sweetie. But it’s a direct order from Dragon. We have to trust them. They know what they're doing. I'm sure… I’m sure they do."

 

"HYUNG!!!! LET'S GO HOME!" Jinhwan burst out of the washroom in labored breath, panic evident in his face as it grew pale every passing second.

 

"Jinani, why? What Happened? Are you Okay?" Baekhyun asked as he eyed Chanyeol, begging for help. They both know they can't go back yet. Not just yet.

 

"H-hyung!!!! O-omma! I-I-I can feel omma is in trouble." Jinhwan explained despite the gasping and the hiccups. "Let's go home! You guys need to help my omma ok!" He wailed, as panic invaded his system and forced him to leave the cafe.

 

Just as his body was trying to step away from the two, Baekhyun hugged the youngest, trying to calm him down. They need to keep him safe.

 

"Nani, honey. Calm down first... okay." Baekhyun consoled the smaller. "We understand why you’re in a panic but your parents aren’t even in your house. So… So we should trust them… okay?" He negotiated while rubbing the younger’s back.

 

Jinhwan felt helpless.

 

He looked at Chanyeol, hoping that he would be convinced to help him but the older Gifted did not give in to his request.

 

"Hyuuuung! My parents!!!! My Omma! My Appa!" He cried.

 

The couple couldn't help but share worried looks. It seems like it is indeed happening and all they could do right now is to keep their promise and make sure that they take Jinhwan as far away from the mansion as possible..


 

------------xxx------------


 

"Yah! Smidget! Answer me! What do you mean by this is a test?" Bobby annoyingly asked Xuimin who immediately rolled his eyes to glare at Bobby.

 

"I'm your Hyung, you pea brain!!!! And it is what it is. A test. But unfortunately for you and your friends, you all fail." 

 

"Quite badly if I may add." Luhan added with obvious ridicule in his voice. "And that wasn’t even half of us. If we had worked together as a team our Gifts would overwhelm you." 

 

"It was mostly just Xuimin hyung who you fought everyone and you all lost to him... pathetically, even... then we saw there's no need for us to do anything really." Chen snickered.

 

"Yah! Are you mocking us! You… You panda!!!" Junhoe felt offended and retorted only to be hit on the head by Kris.

 

"You’re still a bunch of kids! How can you ever---" The older's sermon was cut short when Kai suddenly appeared in front of them. The older Gifted were apparently shocked in nervousness while the younger Gifted looked in utter surprise.

 

Kai, on the other hand, didn't seem to notice the younger Gifted in the room since he was too concentrated on passing the news.

 

"Its starting."  That's all Kai said before Kris started barking orders to the other Gifted. 

 

"! This soon?!” Kris gritted his teeth before hissing. “! Go to Chanyeol and tell them to be on the lookout. Make sure not to lose Jinhwan!" He ordered, Kai nodded before taking a step and disappearing again.

 

"Xui. Chen. Guard this place. You two will be our defenses. I'll survey from above." 

 

"Lay. The kids…" Bobby gripped on Kris' arms as soon as he heard Jinhwan's name.

 

"What the hell is happening? What do you mean do not lose Jinhwan?!" Bobby asked and as if he can sense the environment, Hanbin also, by this time, woke up.

 

"Bobby!" Hanbin charged. Already in a fighting stance, ready to back up Bobby.

 

"Chill down kid. We're not your enemy here." Xuimin explained, face evidently not in the mood to explain things all over again. As he pulled Bobby’s hand away from Kris, Hanbin gritted his teeth.

 

"I'll let your friend explain everything to you and the others. For now, we need to go. Kris." Xiumin said, facing the other.

 

‘Dang it! Why do I feel like Jinhwan is in trouble! Why are they ignoring my questions!’ Bobby pushed Hanbin aside, visibly angry that his questions are left unanswered. 

 

Hanbin may not know but what he heard from Bobby is enough to keep him riled up. Jinhwan may be in trouble and he is not there to protect him. Hanbin then held the left side of his chest, exactly where his heart is. Its painful and all he can think about is Jinhwan, he's scared but at the same time angry.

 

"Who ever is hurting you my angel, I will make sure they pay." He whispered.


 

------------xxx------------


 

Jinhwan did become calmer but it didn't take away his fear of what’s happening to his parents. For each passing minute he can sense his mother’s agony rising.

 

The connection that Jiyong made for his wife and child upon Jinhwan birth was a favor that Dara told him. This connection was supposed to let Dara know when her son is in danger and in return, she will let Jiyong know of any changes Jinhwan may have in his life. Unfortunately the connection seems to be doing the opposite now and has been sending Dara’s emotional pain towards Jinhwan.

 

And now he knows that his parents are in trouble, wherever they may be.

 

Jinhwan can definitely feel that his mother needs help but he is unsure how to do it. He was also unsure how to find them.

 

Unwillingly, Jinhwan is ushered by Baekhyun to take a rest at a nearby hotel which made him question why they didn’t just head back to the mansion. Baekhyun and Chanyeol promised him that they will head over the mansion first thing in the morning but he wonders why they simply just can’t go home now.

 

Deep in his heart he knows that he must do something or else it will be too late if he waits it out.

 

Despite agreeing to their request, he has certainly made up his mind of running away at the first chance he gets.





 

"I'm so sorry Hyung! Just this once I cannot listen to you." He whispered, quietly getting out of the hotel room the Gifted couple got for him. He took a peek around to make sure that the two were nowhere around and as soon as he opened the door, he paused.

 

GUARDS.

 

He took a shaky breath as his thoughts rotated to the fact that the couple really intended to keep him here.

 

"They will not see me. They will not see me." Jinhwan chanted like a whispered prayer as he walked past guard after guard with his head bowed down. Unbeknownst to him, his eyes and hair changed into a very beautiful lavender hue.

 

And as if it was a miracle, no guards saw him. His heart hammered inside his chest as he stepped outside the hotel’s main door. He looked around before whispering to himself. "Finally. Wait for me Omma. I'll save you for sure."





 

Few minutes had passed before Baekhyun decided to visit the younger gifted just to check on him only to be welcomed by an empty room.

 

“Jinhwan? Jinhwan!” Baekhyun called out but no answer came. He practically flipped the room upside down but there was no trace of the younger inside the place. Baekhyun immediately ran out of the room and into the lobby.

 

"Chanyeol!" He shouted. "Hunnie. We have a problem! Jinhwan slipped passed us!" 

 

"What!? ! We can't let him go back to the mansion!" Chanyeol immediately raked his hair with eyes planning to jump out of its sockets.

 

"We better hurry!" Baekhyun informed Chanyeol as he held on a mirror that reflected Jinhwan looking through the window of a moving car. "He's almost there."

 

"Dang it! Hun, connect with Xui hyung. We need back up. You stay low and be my defense if things go for the worst." Chanyeol ordered to his lover as they make their way to the Dragon’s Mansion.


 

------------xxx------------


 

"WHAT!!!!! How can you let that happen Baekhyun! I'm going there now." Xuimin exclaimed as he raked his hair in frustration.

 

"Hyung! You need to bring Hanbin and Bobby with you." Baekhyun requested despite the seeping anger from his hyung.

 

"Waeyo? They are still so weak Baek. No offense but they act on too much feelings! They’ll just get in the way!" The older informed. "Jinhwan will only get in more danger with them on the battlefield." 

 

"Did you just say Jinhwan is in danger!?" Hanbin cut the conversation off by pulling Xiumin’s shoulder but the older ignored him and again faced Baekhyun's reflection on his Mirror Frost again. But Hanbin was more persistent especially when the older mentioned Jinhwan’s name along with the word danger. He forcefully made the older Gifted face him.

 

"Should I repeat my question? HYUNG!? WHAT. HAPPENED. TO. JINHWAN!" The young gifted shouted as blue flames started to manifest in his body. Hair turned fiery red and his eyes turned bloodshot red with blue flames surrounding him.

 

For the first time Xuimin felt terrified as he looked at the blue flames that surrounded Hanbin. He has already seen Chanyeol in his berserk mode but never did he feel this much power. And with the fact that even his Mirror Frost was starting to melt, his mind shouted that this child was dangerous.

 

Hanbin's outburst, however, did not go unnoticed. Bobby immediately held on the younger's shoulders, pulling him back from the older. Xiumin’s eyes widened when he saw Bobby unaffected by the blue flames despite touching it directly.

 

"Calm down. You're scaring him. And scaring him will not make him answer your question." Bobby said, convincing Hanbin. The flames from the other slowly died down but his eyes and hair remained the same.

 

Xiumin and Baekhyun who is watching the exchange did not fail to notice that Bobby, although calm, has already accumulated a dangerous white colored ice on his hands creeping up to his arm.

 

"Trust me on this hyung. We need them there. Jinhwan will need those two." Baekhyun broke Xiumin's contemplation before the elder finally gave up.

 

"Fine! I'm bringing you two. But you pea brains will follow EVERY command Chanyeol and I will tell you. Understand?"

 

The two young Gifted just nodded in agreement. They will do anything to reach their beloved Jinhwan as soon as possible.

 

"Baek. We’ll be on our way. Try to get a hold of Jinhwan even before he reaches the mansion. We're not even sure what we’re up against. That person’s Gift isn’t exactly known and if we'll be facing him alone"

 

"Neh hyung. I’ll do my best. Chan is on his way to you. I’ll contact Kai to transport you all."

 

“No need. Luhan can move us all there.” Baekhyung nodded before Xiumin melted the mirror and finally facing the two. "And you two, I'll explain every important detail on the way. Now stop looking like lost angry puppies and prepare!"


 

------------xxx------------


 

~~~AT THE SAME TIME~~~

 

"We meet again, my precious little Goddess. How Have you been, hm?" The man asked, a grin apparent on his face.

 

Jiyong immediately hid his flustered wife behind him.

 

"What are you doing here!" Jiyong growled.

 

"Oh. Such a brave young man you have as your husband my dear." The stranger smirked. "But I'm afraid playtime is over sweetie. You have to come home with me now." He stated as dark aura started to surround him.

 

"H-how did you find us? Find me?" Dara stammered.

 

"Oh princess, I have my ways. Besides, I just want to see your beautiful family. I heard you have a son who is as beautiful as you are." The stranger then started to make his way around the table facing the couple.

 

"I just want to see if he inherited any of his parent’s… rare Gifts" He said as he wore a demonic smile. "I'm here to retrieve my property."


 

Jiyong felt Dara’s hand gripping on his shirt. She was trembling behind him and he won’t let this man scare his wife.

 

“Leave.“ Jiyong commanded as his hair turned into a dark violet color. His eyes turned pure black as his aura rose from him.

 

“Oh… Oh! Why is my body moving on it’s own? Oh!” The guy mocked before finally letting out a maniacal laughter which surprised both Jiyong and Dara.

 

“W-why isn’t he… affected?”

 

”Come, my little princess. Give your old man a hug.” The man suddenly said and as if hypnotized into the man’s voice, Dara let go of Jiyong’s shirt and slowly stepped out of his husband’s back to move towards the other guy.

 

When Jiyong saw what Dara was doing, he immediately held on her arm. “Dee, what are you doing?!”

 

But Dara wasn’t fazed. Her steps did not halt and Jiyong didn’t have a choice but to pull her awake with his power.

 

“Snap out of it!” Jiyong exclaimed as his eyes glowed. Dara’s eyes did the same and she was pulled out of whatever it is that hypnotized her.

 

“What…? W-what happened?” Dara asked and Jiyong immediately glared at the man. “What trick did you use?!”

 

“Trick?” The man just laughed. “There’s no trick to it Dragon… It’s merely a Gift.”

 

“That’s impossible… You’re a Normal. How… How could you suddenly have a Gift?”

 

“I did what no man could ever achieve.” The man grinned. “I made one!”