Chapter 2

Gift of Truth

"Ice!?" Hanbin gasped.

"Oh boy! This does not look good..." Chanwoo playfully commented as he made eye contact with his twin. Yunhyeong, who understood what his twin wants to happen, wanted to make his way to the furious Bobby but only to realize that their feet were actually frozen to the ground. He clicked his tongue before commanding Bobby.

"BOBBY KIM!!!!!" Yunhyeong shouted. "Release Chanwoo and I this instance!!!!"

"No one interferes." Bobby angrily stated, a growl apparent in his voice. "I need to teach this bastard a lesson. No one hurts Jinhwan... EVER!" Bobby bared his teeth, gritted and full of rage.

"W-w-what!? I-i-i-i didn’t hurt Jinhwan..." Hanbin objected. Though he’s also unconvinced that it wasn’t him who actually hurt Jinhwan. He saw his body slowly releasing fire again. His emotions running wild due to his uncertainty. His eyes landed on Jinhwan, he saw how it surprised him again. His eyes traveled to look at the boy’s arm which is still being mended by Donghyuk who was trying his best.

"I-i-i would never do that intentionally" he added as he looked down feeling guilt slowly creeping into his head just as the flames started surrounding his body.

"So are we just seeing things Hanbin-shi? HUH! That’s an obvious burn mark on Jinhwan’s arm! Tell me that’s not from you?!” Bobby demanded, gritted teeth with icy cold air fighting Hanbin’s flames.

"No!!! I didn’t mean it, it was an accident..." Hanbin whispered as he again looked at his angel. How can he hurt someone who was the first person to accept him. He truly was a monster.

"EYES HERE stupid! You know what I do to people who tries to hurt my Jinhwan?" Bobby asked as his eyes changed into a bright icy blue color and the ice on Hanbn's shirt, slowly crawled and consumed more of his clothing.

Just as the entire shirt has been swallowed by ice, someone appeared in front of Bobby and held his had that is gripping onto Hanbin.

"Bobby Kim! Release the boy this instance." a petite but muscular man said as he tried to pull Bobby's hand away, but to no avail. Bobby is persistent. He kept holding on Hanbin's shirt and even tightens his grip when the others tried to intervene.

"Don't get involved Suho hyung." Bobby growled. “You aren’t a part of this!”

"You do know you already triggered the crystal too, right? So if I were you, stop this right now before the Dragon gets here." Suho explained, trying his best to pull Bobby away from Hanbin.

Despite this warning Bobby still insisted and just as he was about to swing his arm to punch Hanbin, he suddenly stopped midway before he could land a hit. There, in front of Hanbin, is Jinhwan with his arms spread as wide as it can get. He shielded Hanbin from Bobby’s furious attack which did not sit well with the other.

"Jiwoooon. Please don't do it! Jebal!" Jinhwan pleaded as he looked at Bobby with his glassy brown eyes.

But Bobby is persistent as ever, gripping on the shirt as tight as he can, he look at Jinhwan before shifting his gaze to Hanbin.

"Please Jiwonnie! For me… hmmmmm." Jinhwan begged once again but this time, he put his hands over the clenched hands of the older and slowly pulled it away from Hanbin. The rage that consumed Bobby moments ago melted into a warm puddle of concern. He sighed before concentrating on Jinhwan who was begging him with eyes that were just like a puppy’s.

"Let's go inside. Help me with my burn… please?" the younger asked as he showed his best puppy face that he was sure the older can't resist.

"Fine!" Bobby gave up as he pulled Jinhwan's hand going out of the room. But just before going, Bobby spoke. "You are one lucky bastard. But next time you do it, I can't assure you will be."

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

"You know, I don’t usually leave anyone who hurt my precious Jinani alive. Maybe dead or badly hurt. I guess it’s just something that’s in my nature to protect those who are important to me." The older man called Dragon said as he made his way to his mini bar. There was a heavy and dangerous chill from his voice and Hanbin knew it was meant as a threat.

After the battle that almost happened between Hanbin and Bobby, some of the older Gifted residence of the manor showed up including the person who is currently talking to Hanbin. And from the looks of it, he's regarded with utmost respect.

"Maybe I should let Bobby punch you right now for burning my baby's arm."

"I-I didn't do anything to Jinhwan. It was all an accident! I swear. I…" Hanbin frantically explained.

"Arra. That's why you are still in front of me. Unharmed." Dragon scoffed but not without a tinge of darkness laced in his words. "But as Jinhwan and my wife said, you are harmless so you’re forgiven… for now." he continued.

The Dragon then offered Hanbin water and sat adjacent to Hanbin.

"But then again Hanbin-shi, this place has rules. And you already broke one of it on your first day. Using your powers excessively without supervision of the older Gifted is strictly prohibited. The stupid fight you had with Bobby triggered the neutralizing crystal. Consider this as your first warning." he said with full authority. “No, consider this as your only warning regarding this issue.”

"S-sorry. But I'll have you know, I didn’t start it on purpose. It’s just…I-I don't know... everything suddenly went out of my control. And I don’t know what happened…  And Jinhwan was near. And…." Hanbin defended himself, unsure what to explain to the Dragon.

"I know kiddo. I saw everything. I have a very special Gift so I know what happens in my space. No need to explain to me, Arraso? For now, we need to get your gift under control. So starting tomorrow, you will be training with Park Chanyeol. He also has the Gift of fire. He can teach you a thing or two." Dragon explained. "But for now, I'll ask Suho to guide you around." 

Hanbin bowed to the elder and went on his way, but just before he can get out Dragon added something more.

"By the way, call me GD." smiled the elderly and showed his gummy smile. " And welcome to your new home"

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

On the other side of the manor, Bobby busied himself tending to Jinhwan's burned arm. None of them are talking and tension hasn't really left.

"I don't like what you did there, Jiwon. That was mean. Hanbin didn't mean to hurt me" pouted Jinhwan, he was obviously trying to appease the older by acting cute and he knows it’s working with the way Bobby looked away.

"Well, you're still hurt and no one can hurt you as long as I'm alive."

Their eyes met and an apparent blush appeared on JInhwan’s cheeks just when he smiled.

"I know that because Jiwonie will protect me, right? But you know, Hanbin is not a bad guy. I know it… No… I’m sure of it."

Jinhwan proudly said as he looked at Bobby with his eyes that contained pure pride. So all Bobby can do is sigh and concead. He really doesn't like Jinhwan being sad or disappointed in him. He just can't.

"Fine. I'll apologize. But he better learn to control his Gift quickly before he can hurt anyone else again. Especially you."

"Yehey! I know I can always count on you!!!!! Thank you my Jiwonnie! I love you!" Jinhwan shouted childishly, immediately hugging Bobby tightly.

"Yeah. Yeah. I love you too!" Bobby replied just before Jinhwan smiled at him to bounce away. 

"More than you know of" he whispered as soon as Jinhwan left the room to check on Hanbin. This did not sit well with Bobby of course, but who was he to argue.

"Wow! You're really whipped for Jinan. You’re ready to throw a blizzard when one of us calls you Jiwon but you turn into a big marshmallow when Jinan does." Yunhyeong stated, arms crossed and voice filled with teasing. Bobby rolled his eyes, gritting his teeth to fight the urge to turn them into ice sculptures.

"That’s true! Remember when he almost punched Junhoe when he called him Jiwon. That poor guy! The horror on his face!" The other twin added, the mocking tone was even more apparent on this one. There was giggling that followed and Bobby sighed before glaring at them.

"Will you two shut up and go back to your training?" 

"But I was told to fetch you and bring you to Dragon." 

"And I came along ‘cause I'm bored."

"You two are hopeless."

"Right! Like your love for Jinan?"

"You better move fast. It looks like you have some competition." Chanwoo said as he pointed the attention of the other two to the scene on the living room.

Down in the living room is a smiley Jinhwan holding on to the hands of a blushing Hanbin. To say Bobby hated the view is an understatement. He is jealous beyond belief and seething in anger but he knows it will only hurt Jinhwan if he does anything reckless. So he just sighed to keep his cool and walk away.

"Awwww! You're walking away!!!! Not even gonna throw a snowball!" pouted Chanwoo.

"Stop it. Don’t push your luck. I'm not doing it! Jinan wouldn't like it. Besides, the Dragon is looking for me right." Bobby said void of any emotions.

"Nah! Just wanna tell you so you won’t kill us if I point out that Binhwan moment to you."

“Binhwan?”

“You know… Bin as in Hanbin and Hwan as in Jinhwan? Binhwan!”

Bobby released an icy breath, enough to drop the room’s temperature which made the twins take a step back.

"Sorry Bob, but Suho hyung definitely wants to talk to you."

Bobby inhaled deeply to calm himself. Sometimes the twins can be a handful. If only he could just freeze their mouths and shut them up for good.

Chanwoo and Yunhyeong immediately covered their mouths as if there was something there. A shiver running down their spine when Bobby looked at their hands over their mouth.

"And by the way, stop freezing our mouths in your head! You know it won't work. Well. Not long enough cause for sure, Jinhwan will ask you to unfreeze us." Chanwoo teased, grinning boyishly at Bobby before putting back his hand over his mouth.

"You two are lucky idiots then. Pretty much like that Hanbin." Bobby said as he looked for Suho only to be stopped again but this time, by his angel.

"Jiwonie!!! Look who I found! Hanbinnie!" Jinhwan excitedly said but on the contrary, Bobby does not look anywhere near excited at all. 

'Hanbinnie huh' Bobby thought, feeling a bit off with the endearment of the younger to Hanbin but since this is Jinhwan, Bobby gave a small forced smile.

Bobby's eyes then went straight to Jinhwan's hands wrapped around Hanbin's arm and again, it did things to his heart that he didn’t really like.

Hanbin, who noticed the other’s stare, decided to break the silence between them.

"Bobby-shi, I'm… I’m sorry for what happened earlier. I swear it was never my intention to hurt Jinhwan and never will I want to hurt him." 

"Arra. I'd like to apologise as well.” Bobby said, an evident sarcasm speed through his speech. “What I did was uncalled for, especially using my Gift to someone like you. My temper just got the best of me. But I’ll keep my warning, don’t hurt Jinhwan."

Hanbin nodded immediately at the threat. He was sure that Bobby held Jinhwan with high regard and if he was asked, he’d say the same thing. Jinhwan is important to him just as he might be for Bobby.

"Sooooooooo, good now? Both of you are friends and all? No more fighting?" Jinhwan jumped in the middle of the two looking at both men with a wide grin on his face and a sparkle in his brown eyes before hugging both of their arms.

It almost broke the facade of the two men as they can't help but be drawn to the person in front of them. All smiles and oh so bright. Their trance was only broken when the youngest of them spoke again.

"You see Hanbinnie? My Jiwonie is not scary at all." Jinhwan said with obvious pride making Bobby chuckle with Jinhwan's silliness and ruffle the younger's hair. 

"Jiwonie?" Hanbin asked, looking at Bobby.

"You're not allowed to call me that." Bobby whispered dangerously as he glared Hanbin.

Hanbin, who heard it, immediately gasped and swallowing the lump in his throat before raising his hand in surrender as he again felt the cold air surrounding them.

Just then, Bobby felt something coming to their direction and by instinct, Bobby stood in front of Jinhwan and produced an ice wall. At the same time, Hanbin unconsciously surround himself and Jinhwan with balls of fire.

Triggered, both men looked at the culprit or rather - culprits who attempted to hurt the younger. 

"Told you so Sehun hyung. Bobby has a new love rival." Junhoe informed the newcomer. 

"Heh! And for someone who's still not in control of his power, those fireballs are amazing." smirked Sehun.

"Seriously guys. Why did you do that?" growled both men at the same time. 

"And they speak at the same time as well! Cool! Let's look for someone else to bother Juneya. I'm not in the mood to have myself iced… or burned!"

Astonished with the behavior, Hanbin directed his attention to Bobby as if questioning what is happening.

"Its their usual antics. But they never targeted Jinhwan. Junhoe is a brat same goes to his trainor." Bobby explained, still glaring at the two who wildly appeared like pokemon trying to attack.

Hanbin just nodded, understanding what Bobby just told him. Just then, he realized that he is still hugging a now heavily red Jinhwan. Hanbin panicked and sparks of fire started to show. He backed up. Afraid to once again hurt Jinhwan. 

Bobby, already on guard, noticed what just happened. Ice slowly covering his hands as he approached Hanbin to get Jinhwan who is still too close to Hanbin. Jinhwan went close to Hanbin trying to make him relaxed. 

"Yah!!!! Stupid!!!! Relax will you!!! You're on fire!" Bobby tried to negotiate with Hanbin, however, his own Gift is spilling out of his control.

"Jinani, come here!!!! Now!!!" Bobby ordered the younger but he just stopped Bobby from getting him and insisted on approaching Hanbin.

"Hanbinnie. Look at me ok? Relax. Nothing's going to happen. Jiwon and I can help you" Jinhwan said but as soon as he looked at Bobby, he saw how the other is also struggling. Taming his gift from losing it.

With both men slowly losing their control over their powers, Jinhwan held both of their hands before pulling it near his heart. 

"You will not hurt me. I promised... you will never hurt me, ever. I'll always help you." Jinhwan chanted as his eyes glowed like a bright purple gem.

EXO, already on the area, ready to lock down the two were stopped by Dragon.

"Don't. It's already ok." And as soon as the trainors looked at the 3 boys, the chaos disappeared and as if nothing happened. The only thing that made them realized it did was a passed out Jinhwan cradled by two very promising trainees.

.

.

.

.

.

"It's time."