Chapter 2

Shining Star

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in, trying to stop the tears that were threatening to escape. I took a step forward, away from Jungkook. 

"Hana? Are you okay?" A worried look adorned Jungkook's face. 

What was I supposed to say to that? Yeah, I'm all okay even after seeing my boyfriend cheating on me, yes I'm totally fine since I'm an emotionless zombie whose feelings don't matter.

Ignoring his question, I quickly rushed to the bathroom. Locking myself in a bathroom stall, I silently sobbed till I heard knocks and a pair of shoes clicking against the bathroom tiles, noticing me that I had company. 

"Hana-ah?" The voice of my manager called out. Quickly wiping my tears with my sleeve and flushing the toilet to make it sound like I had just been going to the bathroom, I stepped out.

"Yes?" I asked, calmly walking over to the bathroom sink to wash my hands.

"Yah... Are you okay?" My manager asked after a look at my face that gave away the fact that I had just been crying.

"Y-yes, of course I'm okay." I checked my face in the mirror. I looked like a complete sobbing mess, my eyeliner had smeared and my eyes were puffy. I needed to get my makeup redone by my stylist.

While I was getting my makeup redone in the dressing room, my manager kept trying to convince me to tell her what was going on, despite her efforts I merely told her that it was nothing, causing her to finally give up and leave me with my stylist. After the stylist finished up my makeup, I pulled myself together and went back to the stage to rehearse.

With a worried look playing on his features, Jungkook rushed over to me as soon as I entered the stage.

"Is everything okay Hana? Earlier..." He asked.

"Everything is fine, I just got something in my eye." With that, I joined my group mates to rehearse. 

Successfully making it through the rehearsal, everyone rushed over to the dressing room to get ready for the actual concert that was about to start in around thirty minutes. As I was the first one to finish getting ready, not needing much makeup on my already naturally stunning features, I flopped down on the couch and scrolled through my twitter feed on my phone.

I secretly had a fan account on twitter. There, I didn't give out any of my details but I was still able to interact with fans without them knowing that it was actually me. It was an escape from my reality since I got to talk to them just like I was just another normal fan of our group. 

It wasn't long before I felt the warmth of another body by my side. Mentally heaving a sigh, I turned to see Sarang unnie with a bright happy face on her smile.

"Hana-ah what are you doing?" She leaned over, trying to see what was on my phone screen. I quickly turned my phone screen away from her and turned it off.

"Nothing, just checking our rehearsal and making sure I did all the steps to our new routine correctly." I lied. I had already looked over it before opening twitter, but she didn't need to know that.

"Oh I see. Me and Jungkook are going out to get boba later, wanna come?" She asked.

Wow. It was then that I realized that I was so naive. If it was anyone else in my situation, they would have seen through these antics. They would have questioned why their best friend and their boyfriend went places together more than they and their boyfriend did. Sometimes when Sarang Unnie and Jungkook went places they invited me, but other times, they didn't and I wouldn't find out about their outings until the next day or maybe even week. Even when I accepted their offers to go somewhere, they would give me an excuse for me not coming, something along the lines of them going somewhere boring or something like that. There were many times when both my Unnie and Jungkook were out at the same time and when I called them, they would say that they were too busy to go places with me. I was so stupid!

I bit my lip. "Where and what time?" 

I could almost see my Unnie's face fall as I asked, perhaps she was hoping that I wouldn't be joining them? It was likely that she was. "Happy Lemon, right after the concert." 

I had the information I needed. "Hmm, I would love to come but I have some important work right after rehearsals so I can't come." I faked a pout.

"Aww, I wish you could come." My unnie's face suggested the opposite of her words, for a second she smiled but then pulled herself together.

How had I never seen these small clues before? Why did I have to be so trusting? No wonder two of the most important people in my life had been playing with me, I was so easily to fool. They must have been laughing at me every time. 

The stage crew rushed over, snapping me out of my daze. "You guys are gonna be on stage in 5 minutes." They said as they adjusted our earpieces and checked our mics. I could hear the cheers of our fans as the short drama we had filmed for them had ended. I could hear their chants of our names. I checked myself in the mirror, making sure everything looked good for our fans. 

Entering onto the stage, we waved to the fans as they became excited and waved and screamed. The energetic music of the first song started playing as we got into our positions and launched ourselves into the highly complicated choreo that required a lot energy. 

By the end of the song, we were quite sweaty and wiped ourselves off with nearby towels.

"Hi guys!" I shouted into the mic. The crowd screamed hi back to me.

"That was only the beginning of the amazing show we have planned ahead for you!" I grinned as the crowd cheered even louder. "Shall we start the real fun?" I asked as everyone screamed yes. With that we launched into the fun filled concert, even though the choreos were extremely tiring to the point where I just wanted to flop to the ground by the end of the concert, my fans kept me energized and the whole happiness and thrill that came with performing kept me even more energized.

*************************************************

After saying bye to our fans and entering the waiting room, everyone but me flopped onto the sofas, exhausted. 

"Where are we getting dinner?" Namjoon asked our managers. "All of us are going together right?"

"Actually I have plans." My unnie and I cut in at the same time.

"Okay then, so everyone but those two?" My manager confirmed.

"Actually I can't come either, I have plans too." Jungkook said.

"Ayyy Jungkookie, you're going on a date?" His hyungs teased. Jungkook shook his head.

"No, I'm actually going to get boba with Sarang." He informed.

Ten minutes later, everyone had their dinner plans figured out and left in, Jungkook and Sarang in one car, the rest of the members in four different vans, and me in my car, alone. 

I had told them that I was going to meet up with a friend of mine at a coffee shop, I didn't tell them which coffee shop though because unbeknownst to everyone but me, I was actually going to Happy Lemon. There I planned to.... spy on my boyfriend and my unnie. I just wanted to let the harsh reality hit me one more time so that I could confirm that my eyes hadn't been lying to me before. 

As the car that Jungkook and Sarang Unnie were in took a right, towards the boba shop, I took a left, in the direction of the coffee shop, not wanting to seem suspicious by going right because there were no coffee shops nearby in that direction. After five minutes, I took a u-turn and headed towards the boba tea shop. 

As I arrived there, I pulled up into the drive thru to order a passion fruit boba. After receiving my order, I pulled into the parking lot and parked in the parking spot right next to Jungkook's car. Taking a sip, I looked into Jungkook's car when I saw them making out.

I choked on a tapioca pearl as I looked away. As my eyes turned back towards his car, they locked with a familiar pair of brown doe eyes. 

I ducked but I was too late. Jungkook had already seen me and had quickly pulled himself away from a confused Sarang. I heard my phone ringing and I pulled my eyes away from the steering wheel I was staring at. I checked the phone screen and my breath stopped momentarily as Jungkook's name flashed brightly on my screen showing that it was him who was trying to call me. Still in a daze, I stupidly picked up the phone, accepting his call.

"H-hello?" I managed.

"Hana-ah it wasn't what you think-" 

"W-what do you mean? I'm in the middle of a conversation with my friend right now." I interrupted, lying.

"What?! Where are you right now?" With the phone still pressed to my ear, I peeked up a little from my position to look inside his car. Wrong move. He had been looking straight at my car window and his eyes fell right onto my eyes that were peeking out. Our eyes locked once again, he rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things. Sarang was tapping his shoulder with annoyed expression on her face, she was yet to notice me. My eyes were locked with his, we were both in a daze. Through the phone I could hear Sarang's annoyed voice shouting at Jungkook. Finally getting back into my senses, I fumbled to cut the phone call and turned my car on. 

Hurriedly pulling out of parking lot, ignoring the fact that it was dangerous to drive in the broken mental state I was in, I took a right onto the street, exiting the parking lot.

Nearing a traffic signal and failing to press the brakes even after noticing the red light, I speeded past. Looking to my right, I saw the horrified face of a truck driver. Why was he so worried? Before I could figure out what was going on, a huge force hit my car, causing my car to tumble in circles. With each turn that my car rolled, my head hurt terribly and my ears started to ring. By my car stopped rolling, all the windows had been shattered, pieces of the windows lying everywhere.

 Everything looked black. I opened my opened my eyes to see blurry faces and a pool of red next to me before passing out.


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

There you guys go :) I suddenly got the inspiration for this story while I was listening to Let Go by BTS so yeah. So... that was a big twist I just dropped there... Sorry I'm not sorry :P Please comment below so that I find the inspiration to continue this story. Take care everyone, hope you are staying safe and thanks for reading! ^^