Late night

Dark nights and you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s late at night. The sun has settled down hours ago and the only source of light you can find is the dim light the moon is providing. The streets are dark and all you can hear is the chit-chatter of the drunk people inside the pub you’re passing by. There’s no car at this hour, nor cabs driving in rounds trying to find customers. You think it’s probably because you’re no more in Seoul. Instead, you’re in Jeonju.

You can see a couple of drunk young adults making out in a nearby alley. They are probably trying to find the way back to one of their houses. Or not. You lose interest when things escalate. You’re not gonna be the spectator of their one-night stand. You have better things to do.

You wander further into the darker streets, following your footsteps like every night. It seems like they developed intelligence on their own and know exactly where to take you.

You walk a couple of blocks down the street and you see a stray kitten under the poor light the flickering streetlight gives. The kitten is inside a little box and it seems someone has forgotten him not long ago. Maybe this afternoon.

You’re really tired of humans. This isn’t the first time you’ve seen abandoned pets. Wandering. Trying to find the way ‘home’. But you also know it’s not gonna be the last. In your almost 400 years you’ve seen how cruel the humans can be. And it’s quite ironic knowing they are the most fragile being on the planet. Even little kittens like these have sharp cutting fangs and claws to protect themselves. And humans? You can almost hear yourself scoffing. Tsk. Useless humans.

You’re gonna continue your journey when you realize the little kitten is shivering and about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter