Mochi cheeks and pretty hips

What Baekhyun wants, Baekhyun gets

The clubs were hosting their auditions today, and though Baekhyun being an incredibly experienced Judo player, he can’t help but feel nervous when he thinks about Chanyeol. He wonders if Chanyeol would recognize him and mock him from their clumsy encounter and eliminate him from the audition. But Baekhyun trusts that Chanyeol will be a nice person, his instincts tell him so.

 

Baekhyun gets in line with many other students in the University gymnasium, a majority of them being males and looking much bulkier that Baekhyun. Baekhyun figures that the Judo Club is a popular club with the guys, how was he going to get Chanyeol’s attention when there are so many people? The freshman pouts.

 

The Judo club’s committee finally enter, and the students start standing to greet them, knowing who they are. And as Baekhyun continued staring, he could only imagine himself in a korean drama, with three very charming seniors walking into the gymnasium in slow motion. Chanyeol enters first, flashing a comforting smile to the students, followed by Zhang Yixing, Vice-president of the Judo Club, and Kim Jongin as head student coach.

 

‘Hi everyone, thanks for showing up to today’s audition. We will run some quick tests and walk around to make our decision. We will only accept twenty people out of sixty of you, so do your best!’ Chanyeol speaks confidently, earning multiple yeses from the students.

 

And so the auditions begin, starting with running, jumping, rolling and more. Baekhyun makes sure that he does just the bare minimum to get in, not wanting people to find out that he was in fact a pro in this sport. 

 

‘That boy with the small figure...a little weird isn’t it? He doesn’t seem like the type to be in Judo.’ Yixing tells Jongin and Chanyeol as the three eye Baekhyun like a hawk. While Yixing and Jongin are being serious judges, Chanyeol can’t help but worry for Baekhyun - it’s that timid student from the cafeteria, and he looks like he could be squished any moment!

 

‘Well, the results say otherwise. He scored above average in all three components of the test.’ Jongin responds, looking at his clipboard. They decide to walk up to the smaller, who was busy practicing with the other students. 

 

‘Hey, Baekhyun, right? Why did you choose the Judo club?’ Yixing asks softly, putting on a genuine smile and not wanting to intimidate the student. 

 

Baekhyun stares at Yixing for a few moments, a reason? He was not told that there was going to be a question and answer session in the audition. Baekhyun obviously can’t say it’s because he wants to get closer to Chanyeol, nor can he say it’s because of his amazing Judo background.

 

‘Ah! Why I chose Judo? Ehh...J-John Wick!’ Baekhyun stutters, trying to give a valid reason. Jongin arches his eyebrows, so Baekhyun continues, hands flying all over the place as he explains ‘I’m a big fan of the John Wick films, and his judo moves are pretty cool (A/n: it’s true), I-I want to learn to be strong like him!’ Baekhyun explains with his bright and innocent eyes, hoping this sweet lie would suffice, because if it doesn’t, he would be truly lost.

 

‘That’s really sweet Baekhyun, thank you for sharing with us your inspiration.’ Chanyeol smiles at Baekhyun, and boom. Baekhyun is head over heels for Chanyeol all over again, in his eyes you could practically imagine roses and daisies surrounding him, and add a halo on his head for that angelic effect. Baekhyun might have said some nonsense, but Chanyeol listened intently and truly appreciated his input. Once they walked away to speak to another student, Baekhyun breathed out a sigh of relief.

-

‘It was a tough decision, and all of you actually did great, but unfortunately we only have twenty spots for the year 1s.’ Chanyeol advises the students to not be discouraged, hoping they would find opportunities in other clubs as well.

 

Chanyeol starts reading out the names, and Baekhyun bites his nails out of habit for when he’s nervous. 5 people have been called out, then 10, and now 15. When was it going to be him?

 

‘Number 19. Kim Byul.’ A student jumps up in joy, pumping his fist up in the air and joins the group of selected students.

 

I’m screwed. I’m screwed. I’m screwed. Baekhyun was at his peak of anxiety, did he underestimate the weight of this audition? He should have showed more moves, more impressive qualities. Baekhyun was running out of nails to bite, the last one had to be him!

 

‘And finally, the last student ...Number 20,’

 

Come on. Come on.

 

‘Byun Baekhyun.’

 

Baekhyun, upon hearing his name, acts shocked that he had gotten in. The other students groan, taking it as their cue to leave. Baekhyun runs gleefully to his new club, receiving the high fives given to him. The Judo committee smiles, seeing how Baekhyun is already getting along well with the other students.

 

All Baekhyun could think of now is that he will get to see Park Chanyeol twice a week. Baekhyun smiles on his way back home, because what Baekhyun wants, Baekhyun gets.

 

-

The first club session goes better than Baekhyun had expected.

 

After quick introductions, the students immediately started their training. Baekhyun proceeds to act clumsy, having Chanyeol to help him with all the basics.

 

‘So, you put your right hand here, and your left hand slightly higher like this. See?’ Chanyeol guides Baekhyun gently, and at this point Baekhyun was not listening at all - he was distracted by their hands touching, the softness of Chanyeol’s palm and the calamity in his voice. Baekhyun was in zen mode.

 

‘Ah, I think I got the hang of it, thanks Chanyeol sunbae!’ Baekhyun responds cheerfully, causing Chanyeol to grin. Baekhyun looked like an absolute baby in the Judo practice room, and with the addition of Baekhyun’s judo uniform looking terribly oversized (they couldn’t get the uniform in his size in time, as the club assumed that all the newcomers would be of a bulkier size), Chanyeol can’t help but think that they have let in a puppy into a cage full of proud lions. 

 

Once Chanyeol turns his head away to monitor the other students, Baekhyun pouts again, already missing the feeling of Chanyeol adjusting his posture. Baekhyun glares at the other students laughing with Chanyeol before quickly going back to practicing. Baekhyun looks left and right, making sure that no one is watching before intentionally swinging his leg too hard. 

 

Baekhyun fakes a whine and dramatically drops to the mat, clutching his leg.

 

‘Ah! It hurts!’ Baekhyun cries out, catching the attention of the others. Chanyeol turns around, likewise to the other members, they look at Baekhyun with concern as he grips his leg tightly, his face trying to make out a pained expression. One of the students go up to Baekhyun, trying to help him up, but Baekhyun swats him away, only looking at Chanyeol who is rushing to them.

 

Not you! Baekhyun thinks as he pushes the student away, but the moment Chanyeol approaches him, he can’t help but let the club president carry him up bridal style and to the benches.

 

‘Chanyeol sunbae you’re too kind, you didn’t have to do that.’ Baekhyun says cutely, cheeks heating up at how close they were. Chanyeol quickly exposes Baekhyun’s leg, trying to check for any bruises.

 

‘Which leg did you hurt, Baekhyun?’ Chanyeol asks confused, seeing that Baekhyun did not react to any poking at prodding to both his legs.

 

. Baekhyun curses, he was way too distracted to even think about his fake fall.

 

‘Erm...the l-left foot! Ah it hurts!’ Baekhyun acts a little more,grabbing onto his right leg before quickly switching to the left, he hopes it would look believable.

 

Chanyeol sits down next to Baekhyun, with Baekhyun’s left leg propped up on his lap. Chanyeol slowly begins to massage Baekhyun’s leg, his fingers making gentle movements circling around the ‘injured’ foot while Baekhyun just gaped at him with his mouth wide open.

 

Perhaps now Baekhyun fully understood why everyone liked Chanyeol - a natural born leader, responsible and most of all, gives the best foot massages in the world with his toned fingers. And that made Baekhyun like Chanyeol even more.

 

‘Do you feel better?’ Chanyeol questions soothingly, causing Baekhyun to snap out of imagining Chanyeol with a halo over his head.

 

‘A-ah Yes! Thanks Chanyeol Sunbae, sorry for troubling you...’ Baekhyun nods and stands back up straight, stretching his left leg out. Perhaps one flaw in Chanyeol is that he’s really naive, how can Baekhyun stand back up straight after dramatically crying out in pain?

 

‘No worries, Baekhyun. Be more careful during training Baekhyun, and as the president of the judo club it will be my responsibility to help you from now on, since it seems like you do need additional help as well.’ Chanyeol replies on a more serious note, you could see it in his eyes that he was extremely passionate about his role as president.

 

‘Eung! Thank you, Chanyeol sunbae!’ Baekhyun flashed his signature smile, mochi cheeks shining. Chanyeol tried to hide his smile, this freshman was acting way too cute, he can’t bear to see him inside a judo match! Chanyeol developed an instinct to protect the smaller, and he’s confused because he’s never acted this way around others before.

 

Chanyeol continues to stare as Baekhyun struts his way out of the training room, the smaller definitely knowing that he was making good use of his pretty hips.