Chapter 4

What Baekhyun wants, Baekhyun gets

“Chanyeol, look, I’m telling you! Baekhyun flipped me upside down and defeated me in seconds! I’m not kidding!” 

 

Jongin rushes to his best friend’s side, trying to recount the unimaginable incident that happened last week. Chanyeol isn’t even trying to listen, his best friend is known for over-exaggerating things, like how Jongin claimed he was scammed by the local barbeque store because he received 298 grams of meat instead of the usual 300. 

 

“Look, Jongin, the boy’s innocent.” Chanyeol stares fondly at the sight in front of him, Baekhyun was having fun with the other members, rolling around playfully on the mat. There was no sign of harm at all, just pure, pure fluff wafting through the air, Baekhyun’s giggles sounding heavily to Chanyeol’s ears. 

 

Chanyeol didn’t know what this feeling was, but he genuinely looked forward to coming for club sessions these days. Something about Baekhyun makes his heart thump excitedly, he didn’t know what it was exactly, maybe it is the way Baekhyun smiles so brightly, or how attentive Baekhyun looks with his nose scrunched up.

 

“Chanyeollie! You’re here!” Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he looked at the senior, running over in his now properly fitted judo attire, which was about two sizes smaller than everyone else’s. Gosh. He’s so cute.

 

“Come here Chanyeollie! Help me with the new flip that I’m trying to learn,” Baekhyun drags Chanyeol over, with the older complying easily to Baekhyun’s requests. Baekhyun gives a victory smile and glares over at Jongin, who rolled his eyes and flipped Baekhyun the middle finger.

 

You ! You know that move already! 

 

Jongin mouthed to Baekhyun, who ignored it and only pulled Chanyeol closer. Jongin wants to scream, feeling like he’s going to burst, this freshman is truly an interesting one.

 

-

 

“Okay guys, as you all know, the Judo championships are coming up soon, I want all of you guys to have fun, which is why everyone will take part, winning or losing doesn’t matter, alright?” Chanyeol announced cheerfully to the team as they ended the session of the week. Everyone was fatigued and exhausted, but did not fail to show their seniors respect during the debrief.

 

Yixing snickered at the irony of Chanyeol’s statement. Despite how he had talked about ‘having fun’ and ‘just for the experience’, Chanyeol was the pure embodiment of competitiveness. The man craved winning, bringing trophies and pride back to the college was like having a 100% on an assignment. Every year all Judo members are encouraged to participate, partly for the experience, but also because Chanyeol wanted to increase their chances of winning. So maybe that’s another one of Chanyeol’s flaw - extreme competitiveness.

 

“Yes, sunbae!” 

 

“Alright, everyone dismissed. You guys worked hard today.” Chanyeol complimented, the group begins to dissolve.

 

Baekhyun walks up to Chanyeol, slightly blushing as he tries to figure out what to say.

 

“Ummm, Chanyeollie, are you free tonight?” Baekhyun asks, playing with the hem of his Judo belt. Chanyeol, being slightly taken aback, replied in a totally uncool way.

 

“T-tonight? Err y-yeah, I think I am free according to the urm...clock. Yes, I don’t have anything after this. Free. Totally.” 

 

Chanyeol cringes internally at how incoherent he is, he just considers himself lucky that his friends were not there to see it.

 

“Really?” Baekhyun’s eyes widen in joy, “Then, do you want to grab dinner together? My treat! Since you have helped me so much...” Baekhyun continues, hoping that Chanyeol would say yes.

 

“Oh, sure!” Chanyeol was not expecting that from Baekhyun, but it did make him excited to think about getting closer to the freshman. During Judo sessions they could only talk for a while, a dinner meant that Chanyeol had the chance to know Baekhyun better as a person.

 

“Ok great! I know a good place, meet me outside when you’ve changed out of your uniform!” Baekhyun grins, eyes creasing into thin lines. He skips away happily, causing Chanyeol to chuckle and shake his head. Such a happy boy Baekhyun is.

 

-

“Chanyeol sunbae!” 

 

Once Chanyeol is out of the sports hall, a tiny figure waves at him excitedly at the entrance. Chanyeol quickly recognizes that it’s Baekhyun, and quickly runs over while trying to hide the smile on his face.

 

“Chanyeol! Let’s goooo!” Baekhyun casually drags the senior closer, walking together over to the bus stop. Baekhyun had his arms hugged around Chanyeol’s right arm, he was planning to bring Chanyeol to his favourite food stall near the University. As they walked, Baekhyun couldn’t help but be bubbly and clingy around Chanyeol, it was finally going to be just the two of them, who knows what will happen?

 

Jongin looked at the two from afar, snickering as he sees Baekhyun clinging onto Chanyeol like a koala.

 

“What else does that Byun Baekhyun have under his sleeve? He’s pretty amazing for getting close to Yeol that quickly…” Jongin muttered to himself, curious as to how Baekhyun was able to get Chanyeol to warm up to him in a short period of time. It even took Jongin one whole semester in their Freshman year for Chanyeol to finally consider him as his best friend, ultimately opening up to him more and joking with him.

 

“Tsk, I won’t be surprised if they end up together.”

-

“We’re here!” Baekhyun exclaims, pulling Chanyeol over to a table with two stools. The shop owner immediately recognizes Baekhyun, rushing over to get his order.

 

“Aigoo Baekhyun-ah you’re here again! And who’s this?”

 

“This is Chanyeol, he’s my senior in the Judo club!”

 

The old woman immediately gives Chanyeol a cheeky grin.

 

“Ah, so you’re the one that Baekhyun-”

 

“Ahjumma! We’re ready to order!” Baekhyun blushes, immediately cutting off the woman. 

 

“We’ll get one spicy chicken feet, two rice bowls, one soup and one soju, thanks!” Baekhyun gives the woman a quick smile, before going back to speaking with Chanyeol.

 

-

 

Chanyeol’s sweaty face doesn’t go unnoticed by Baekhyun. The way the senior would wipe his forehead and sniff as he ate the food, groaning whenever the spiciness of the food attacked his vulnerable tongue.

 

“Sunbae...you can’t handle spicy food?” Baekhyun stared up at the senior, opening up another tissue box for Chanyeol to use. Baekhyun looked so guilty, with his eyes growing wider with worry as Chanyeol gulps down a glass of water, fanning himself despite the cold weather.

 

“Ah, yes. My mom doesn’t cook spicy food much, so I’m not very used to it…” Chanyeol chuckles, feeling slightly embarrassed.

 

“Sunbae...I’m sorry!” Baekhyun panics, worried that he had brought Chanyeol to the wrong place, he was such a terrible junior, he didn’t even know what his senior liked!

 

“No no no it’s not your fault,” Chanyeol tries to calm Baekhyun down, not wanting the younger to feel bad, and how could he say anything bad when Baekhyun is spending time with him, looking at him with the most puppy like and adorable appearance?

 

“I actually enjoyed the food, it’s very different.” Chanyeol adds, and thankfully that was enough to make Baekhyun sit back in relief, and he continued to reach out for another piece of meat. 

 

“Then let’s continue ordering! Ahjumma! One more soju please!”

 

-

 

“Chanyeollie…” Baekhyun was currently being piggybacked by Chanyeol, a heavily tinted redness on his cheeks. Baekhyun proceeded to rest his cheeks on the senior’s back, smiling and giggling at how warm he was. Chanyeol, shocked by the sudden action, stops to calm himself down before continuing the walk back home. 

 

Baekhyun shocked Chanyeol throughout dinner, drinking almost all the soju that they had ordered. Chanyeol only had a glass or two, but Baekhyun got way too excited and continued pouring drinks for himself. It started out with little giggles, that Chanyeol found adorable, and then whimpers and the one that surprised him the most, the confessions.

 

“Chanyeol...I took a peek at your abs that one time in the changing room, I was like, I’m going to bake cookies on this guy’s chest…” 

 

Baekhyun giggled as he talked about Chanyeol’s abs, with fairy like hands doing clumsy gestures. Chanyeol sat up straight, he almost spat out the soup that he was drinking, and proceeded to cough, eyebrows frowning at what Baekhyun just said.

 

“And...and when you smile,” Baekhyun giggles, “It makes me want to jump on you and hug you.” Baekhyun makes grabby hands towards Chanyeol, but soon rests his head on the counter, proceeding to doze off.

 

“Hey, Baekhyun! Don’t sleep here!”

 

So that’s how Chanyeol ended up having to piggyback Baekhyun out of the restaurant, and he even ended up paying for the meal when it was supposed to be Baekhyun’s treat. Thankfully for Chanyeol, the shop owner gave him a discount, because Baekhyun was a regular. Chanyeol didn’t know where Baekhyun stayed, so he decided to bring him to his house. He hopes that his parents wouldn’t mind.

 

-

 

“Mom! I’m back!” 

 

Mrs Park rushes out to greet her son, but is surprised by the smaller being on his back. Chanyeol bends down to get Baekhyun off of his back, and finally stretched his sore arms from that long walk back home.

 

“Chanyeol, are you okay? How long did you walk?”

 

“About 15 minutes? We had dinner nearby.” Chanyeol glanced over to Baekhyun, slumped against the wall, dozing off cutely.

 

“Who is this? Your new boyfriend? He’s kind of cute…” Mrs Park observed Baekhyun like a newborn baby, poking the student’s cheeks and touching his forehead to check if he was sick.

 

“Mom stop, he’s my junior in University.” But the blush on Chanyeol’s face was saying otherwise.

 

“Your brother is not home today, he can use his bed.” Mrs Park quickly rushed to the cabinet, pulling out a fresh set of pyjamas and towels for their guest. Chanyeol carried Baekhyun onto his back again, walking into the biggest room in the house, the one that he shares with his brother. They each have a queen sized bed, and an extensive study table including a gaming console and TV right in the middle of their room. 

 

With a small heave, Chanyeol flips Baekhyun over onto his brother’s bed, chuckling as Baekhyun immediately reaches out for the duvet and pillows, snuggling closer for comfort.

 

His mother walks in with the pyjamas and two glasses of water, giving Chanyeol a kiss on the cheek before retreating for her own room.

 

Chanyeol smiles as he closes the door, but immediately freezes once he sees the pyjamas on the bed.

 

“Wait...who is going to undress him?”

 

Chanyeol didn’t have to think very hard until he realizes that it’s him. Obviously, who else could it be?”

 

-

 

“Oh my ing god. It’s been such a long day, and I can’t ing sleep.” 

 

What was supposed to be a relaxing night turned into a night of taking care of Byun Baekhyun. Surprisingly, he enjoyed it, and is excited, even. To the point where he can't sleep. Chanyeol curses to himself, eyes wide open even though the lights were switched off. While changing Baekhyun out of his outerwear and into his brother’s set of pyjamas, he had the opportunity of seeing Baekhyun’s milky white skin, like white porcelain that had to be treated with care. If not, it looked as if it might crack. Why did a guy like him even join the judo club?

 

“Chanyeol...If I win the Judo championships...you have to date me.”

 

Chanyeol sat up, looking over at Baekhyun on the other bed. The smaller is babbling nonsense again, but it’s so cute.

 

“Sure, I’ll date you if you win.” Chanyeol mutters to himself with a smile, while admiring his junior on the other bed, knowing very well that Baekhyun is too knocked out to even respond to him.

 

A miracle must happen then, Chanyeol thinks. Baekhyun is still a newbie, to even get into the first round would be difficult.

 

But little did Chanyeol know, the miracle already exists. 



-

 

Sorry that this took so long! I hope nobody forgot the plot haha. Please look forward to the next chapter!