Chapter 1

What Baekhyun wants, Baekhyun gets

Park Chanyeol is undoubtedly an all rounded individual. Apart from majoring in Engineering at Seoul’s number one University, he has also taken on the responsibility of being the Judo club president. He is nice to people, a gentleman and has a soft heart for animals. Overall, everybody likes Chanyeol, and a heartthrob for many students too.

 

Given it was his third year in University, Chanyeol has adapted well to the University life. Juniors respectfully call him Sunbae, and he’s that stereotypical popular senior that gets along well with anyone. So it was obvious that the orientation committee would pick him to be one of the few students that would guide the new undergraduates around the school. And Chanyeol, who never says no, agrees once again.

 

‘So here, we are at our final stop, the student cafeteria! It’s food court style so you can choose whatever you want, once you get your food meet back here at table 1!’ 

 

Chanyeol announces to his group, the majority being girls ogling at his perfectly symmetrical face. His schoolmates also thought it would be funny for him to dress head to toe in school merchandise - shirt, windbreaker, cap, socks all printed with the University’s crest; Chanyeol promoting them would definitely increase the store’s revenue.

 

‘Yes, Chanyeol sunbae!’ 

 

Everyone came back with different types of food, and they were seated together on a long rectangular table in the middle of the cafeteria. Chanyeol made small talk with his juniors while they ate, giving them advice on college life and a few tips here and there. 

 

A ticklish sensation suddenly lingered from underneath his thighs, and Chanyeol tried to ignore it as he continued eating, simply assuming that one of the students had their feet propped up on their seat too high. However it became overwhelmingly uncomfortable, so Chanyeol took a peek to see what was going on beneath the table, and boy did he get the shock of his life.

 

As Chanyeol looked down, he nearly jumped when he saw a student with chestnut brown hair under the table, and the moment they made eye contact, the timid boy popped his head up between Chanyeol’s thighs, an extremely awkward position for the two.

 

‘S-sorry Sunbae! My orientation slip flew under this table, I had no choice but to crawl under and retrieve it.’ Baekhyun speaks softly, eyes round and innocent with his cheeks heating up from embarrassment. Baekhyun tries to make eye contact with Chanyeol, but is distracted by the fact that he is currently sandwiched between the senior’s thighs while having their first conversation.

 

Chanyeol chuckles, and proceeds to ask the student next to him to help Baekhyun get his paper. Once the slip is in his hands, Chanyeol proceeds to take a quick glance at the student’s particulars before returning it to Baekhyun, totally ignoring the fact that Baekhyun was biting his lip and shaking his fingers from nervousness. 

 

‘Byun Baekhyun, right?’

 

‘Y-Yes! That’s me!’ Baekhyun scrunches up his nose, hands waiting to receive the slip.

 

Cute. Chanyeol figures, before passing Baekhyun his paper. The newbie takes it and attempts to bow respectfully, but realises he can’t bend his head too low or his head would be directly at Chanyeol’s , so he embarrassingly turns to the other direction and crawls out from the table, ignoring the stares he was getting from the other students. 

 

‘Thank you!’ Baekhyun squeaks out once more to the senior.

 

Chanyeol smiles as he sees Baekhyun try and make a run for the opposite side of the canteen, and not forgetting to trip on his own feet before moving off. 

 

The boy with the oversized blue striped blouse and dress pants. Chanyeol was not going to forget that face for a while.

 

-

 

‘Junmyeon-ah I was so embarrassed, his bulge was literally in my face! He was so nice about it but I’m sure he’s judging me,’ Baekhyun rants to his best friend, though an evident pout is plastered on his face.

 

Junmyeon shakes his head and smiles at Baekhyun’s story, being friends with Baekhyun for over 5 years now, he understands how clumsy his friend can be. Sometimes so clumsy to the point where Junmyeon himself had to intervene, Baekhyun is blessed to have such a charismatic and attentive friend to lean on. 

 

‘Well at least it isn’t as bad as back in high school when you spilled soup all over-’

 

‘Shh! We’re over that!’ Baekhyun covers Junmyeon’s mouth, trying to shush the male from spilling embarrassing secrets. That’s probably also why Baekhyun has declared that he and Junmyeon will be inseparable, for the said man knows and has witnessed way too many of Baekhyun’s most embarrassing moments.

 

‘Anyways, was the dude handsome?’ Junmyeon sips his coffee, being a good friend and trying to change the topic.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes brighten up once the question is asked, describing Chanyeol from head to toe - from the gelled hair to the large ears and the perfect jawline and big feet. Junmyeon listens to Baekhyun while he flips the orientation booklet and pauses when he notices a familiar face.

 

‘Hey Baekhyun. Did you mean Park Chanyeol?’

 

‘Eh? Who’s that?’ Baekhyun tilts his head in confusion.

 

‘He definitely has big eyes and big ears like you described, and he’s an orientation group leader this year too.’ Junmyeon replies, and shows the booklet to Baekhyun. Baekhyun gasps as he sees Chanyeol’s photo, pointing quickly to it.

 

‘Yes! That’s the guy from just now!’ Baekhyun drops his americano and tries to grab the booklet, but Junmyeon races him to it and starts reading from the booklet.

 

‘Park Chanyeol. Year 3. Engineering. One of the most sought after orientation leaders this year. Set to be Valedictorian when he graduates.’ As Junmyeon continues, Baekhyun shrinks into his seat - that man is perfection!

 

‘Oh, and guess what? He’s the president of the Judo club.’ 

 

Baekhyun’s ears perk up at that. Judo? Now that’s something in common.

 

‘Great! Then I will join the Judo Club.’ Baekhyun grins and goes back to sipping his americano. He can finally meet Chanyeol again and make up for his clumsiness.

 

‘Hey, Baekhyun! Didn’t you officially finish your Judo career in high school?’ Junmyeon questions, remembering Baekhyun announced that he was stepping down from the sport to focus on his other interests. 

 

It may not seem like it, but Baekhyun was an invincible Judo player. The black belt puppy helped his school win at interschool championships, and everybody prayed to not be up against him for fear of a crushing defeat. Baekhyun, though looking small and harmless, was merciless once on the Judo mat, his gaze was different - throwing his opponents left and right until he scores. Baekhyun’s high school had to install a new trophy shelf, just to display all the new trophies that Baekhyun kept bringing back. That was how incredible Baekhyun is at Judo.

 

‘Hmmm, I guess I changed my mind. Judo is fun anyways, this time around I’ll act like a newbie and get Chanyeol to teach me!’ Baekhyun drabbles on about his fantasy with Chanyeol, leaving Junmyeon to sigh once again. Because what Baekhyun wants, Baekhyun gets.