19th Quiz - I love you

20 1st Quizzes (VIXX N FanFiction)

19th Quiz - I love you 

Leaving. Why? 

Why does he have to leave?

Yong Haneul let go of the knob she's holding, frozen in place. She couldn't believe her ears. 

He? Leaving? Why all of a sudden?

"When will you leave then? Right after the evaluation?" It was Mr. Song.

"Ah, no." It was him. She heard him chuckle embarrassedly. "I'm leaving after the results of the evaluation came out."

She scoffed. He didn't even told her about this. What evaluation? Results?

All thoughts swam in her head that she didn't notice the clicking sound of the door. Only when another presence came face to face with her that she looked up, tears b her eyes. 

"Yong... Haneul..."

"You're leaving?" She gritted her teeth as she glared at him menacingly. 

"Ha–"

"And you weren't even planning to tell me?!" She screamed which caused commotion to arise inside the room. 

"Let me–"

"You're the worst, really." She spat in a dangerous low tone before turning on her heels to leave Cha Hakyeon alone, dumbfounded. 

--

Earlier that day, Yong Haneul woke up earlier than expected and prepared breakfast for her father and her. This thing is unexpected from a rebellious child like her, but because of the things that took place last night, she was having the time of her life and found herself walking in cloud nine as she stroll the streets of their town.

Right down, however, she was feeling the most down in her life. Now, she doesn't know if being happy and giddy is the best feeling in the world because lately, her being happy is automatically followed by disappointment. 

Yes, all feelings of happiness cost her was disappointment.

Beyond belief. 

Even when she felt another presence aside from her, she never dare look up or even acknowledge his presence. 

"Haneul-ah," she scoffed mentally hearing his voice. "Are you mad at me?"

They were currently behind the school library, the place where the two made a deal about marrying each other. 

He ushered towards her place and that's when she detonated. Standing up all of a sudden, she curled her fingers into fists as to not let the hurtful tears fall and be a laughing stock for this guy.

"Don't you dare come near me!" 

At this, Hakyeon halted his steps, just looking at the girl hurtfully. "If you're planning to stay." She started. "Don't concern yourself with me anymore. I don't want to see you."

And she left.

--

After what happened, the two never once talked about the case anymore. Yong Haneul stopped waiting for him outside the faculty room and Hakyeon never questioned her about it. At classes, the two never once talked not unless it was about attendance checking. She never once pestered him at lunch, to force him into eating with her. 

At last, Cha Hakyeon found the peace he was yearning for when he first set foot into the middle school. But it wasn't the case anymore. 

He knew this just wasn't the case anymore. 

At present, he was always waiting for that certain someone to appear outside the faculty room. He was waiting for someone to just pop out behind the windows just so she could eat with him. He was waiting for her to come to him and ask for money. Heck, she could even beat him up and he wouldn't mind. 

But no one came. Everyday, she would act as if she didn't know him, like he didn't existed. And the guy knew, its over for the two of them finally. 

But why now? Why now when he finally...

"Hakyeon-ssi?" 

"Sorry?" He asked, blinking at Han Seonsaeng-nim who was confused. "Ah, I asked you earlier which class would you want to have the evaluation?"

"Ah," he answered sheepishly. "Well, every class is unique,so I guess whichever is fine."

"Okay."

--

Haneul dreaded going to school that day. The last few days, she was doing fine at avoiding him but right now, the deed was finally taking its toll on her. She can't breathe properly knowing that she was in the same room as him and they weren't talking. She can't concentrate knowing that he was just inches away from her at lunch in the cafeteria when they line to order. She can't stand the heavy weight on her chest whenever she stepped out the gates of the school without him on her side. 

And yet she was prideful to be the one to approach him first. Why was she mad exactly?

Because of the fact that he's leaving?

Because of the fact that he didn't tell her?

Or because of the fact that she thought there is a happy ending for the two of them. 

Well, sixteen year old Yong Haneul just realized that what they had was just a passing fancy for him. Heck, he didn't even bother notifying her that he will be leaving soon. 

She sat down on her seat quite bitterly, immediately focusing on the site outside the window. He wasn't attending today, teacher Go said, as he was busy with the preparation on his upcoming evaluation. She scoffed inwardly, why bother preparing when he will leave anyway?

--

Haneul sat on the field, watching the baseball club practicing again for that day. The interschool competition is just around the corner and so Mr Song was quite uptight again today. She puffed her cheeks as she tried her best to focus on the game but somewhere in between, she found herself drifting off to his face again. 

She groaned in frustration before she slumped down on the grass, eyeing the clear sky above.

It's hot, why are they practicing so hard?

--

"Haneul-ah," she halted when she heard his voice the moment she stepped out their classroom. He wasn't in front of her, so she immediately knew he was waiting outside, at the side  the door.

"I told you not to come near me, right?" She deadpanned, generating every ounce of resistance left in her to not turn back and hug him tightly, she wouldn't do it, she refuse to. 

She heard him sighing behind her. "Are you really going to be like this?" He asked. "My evaluation's due tomorrow. The results will be out the next day. I'll be taking my leave after that day."

Her eye sting and she knew tears were b again. So he decided to be like this, well she too will be like this. 

With this thought in mind, Haneul stomped her foot forwards, forcing her legs to walk leaving the student teacher behind, sighing and shaking his head.

--

The day of his evaluation came and Haneul decided not to attend school. She can't bring herself to see him on his last day at school. So here she was, wandering down the streets of their town just like she used to, before meeting him. But this time, not to cause troubles, she simply want to relive the memories when she was still Yong Haneul, the troublemaker, the delinquent, the good for nothing student before meeting Cha Seonsaeng-nim.

Well, if he was really leaving, she has to accept the fact that she will be alone again. No Cha Seonsaeng-nim to pester, no Cha Seonsaeng-nim to follow around, no Cha Seonsaeng-nim to wait outside the gates or the faculty room. 

No Cha Seonsaeng-nim to anything. 

Soon, Yong Haneul found herself gripping the bridge's railings as she cried hot tears, her legs weakening due to the pain she's feeling. She will definitely miss him. But who was she to demand for him to stay? He wasn't even cut out to be in Daegu, he was a Seoul person. 

There's no way she would take away his bright life in the capital just so she could be with him.

She crouched down because she was seriously feeling weak with the realizations hitting her. Who would have thought that a weakling like him is capable of making her crumble down to pieces, crying her heart out. Yong Haneul of three months ago would actually never give a damn if someone leaves or stays. But right now, she was already mourning without even officially losing. 

--

"Congratulations, Cha Seonsaeng-nim!" 

"You did a great job!"

"Cheers!"

"If you passed the board exam, come back and teach here, alright?" 

Non stop applause and cheers erupted inside the faculty room of Kam Ye Sun middle sun and Hakyeon could only bow his head in embarrassment and gratefulness. 

Its true, he was very blessed to be assigned in this school. Who would've thought that he would grow more mature during his stay here. 

If only she was here to congratulate him too

--

That night, Yong Haneul decided to sit down on their house porch as she stared up the starry night. She might never admit, but seeing a clear sky at day, and a starry sky at night calmed her nerves all the time. The name 'Haneul' always sounded like a gift to her ears whenever she witnesses a happy looking sky. 

Closing her eye to savor the night breeze, she abruptly opened her lids again when she felt another presence on her left, sitting down beside her. She craned her neck to see Mr Yong placing his palms on both legs, looking up at the sky. 

"Its a starry one tonight, isn't it, my child?" 

The girl just studied the man's features, before looking back up again, realizing just now that they look the same. 

So, I took after his looks. 

"Whatever it is that's bothering you, you can tell me. The neighbors told me you were crying earlier."

At this, Haneul cleared embarrassedly, looking away from him, suddenly finding interest in the asphalted road. "So what's bothering you?"

The girl thought deeply. Should she? Should she, really?

"Are you perhaps, experiencing a break up?" 

Her head whipped towards the old man incredulou–

"Was it the young guy from before?" He asked and she gulped. 

"Should I beat him up?" 

At his offer, the daughter immediately stood up, waving her hands in front of him. "No no no!" She panicked. "Try hitting him and I'll leave the house!" She snarled. 

She frowned when her father let out rich laughter, his he'd lolling back as he clutched his stomach. She felt irritated all of a sudden that she walked towards the direction of their house. Nevertheless, she halted when she heard him speak.

"So, you really are suffering one..." He trailed off. She looked behind to see her father smiling at her sincerely. "You're a grown lady now, I guess. You see, I don't want you to regret anything so think things thoroughly, okay?–"

He was supposed to say more if only she didn't cut him off by enveloping him in a choking hug, hot years damping his shirt. He smiled again, tears b his eyes as he patted her back good naturedly. 

"I love you, my daughter."

--

The next morning, Yong Haneul went to school with hurried steps, only one destination in mind; the faculty room. 

He wouldn't be teaching classes now so he most probably be inside the faculty room, fixing his stuffs and clearing his side of the room. 

She pushed on the door forcefully, searching for that guy that has caught her interest these fact few months to be greeted by bewildered faces from the faculty members. 

"Yong Haneul-ssi..." Mr Kim. 

"Cha Seonsaeng-nim..." She trailed off. "Where is he?" 

This time, Go Namhee was the one to answer her question. "Ah, well he went to Seoul to submit the evaluation result. He will be coming back here later, if that's what you're thinking." 

Haneul immediately leafy the place. He will be back, he will be back, she kept on chanting inside her head. 

He will be back later, there's no problem. She halted from her steps when she realized something. She turned towards the direction of the faculty room again, stopping when she was face to face with the members of the faculty. They all looked at her, surprised. 

"Thank you... For telling me. Have a god day." He bowed respectfully before finally taking her leave. 

"What has gotten into her?" Mr Song. 

"That thing, so far, was the politest thing she did all through her stay here in the school," Mr Took said, quite bewildered. 

At the side, Han Seonsaeng-nim could only smile at the young girl. 

He did touch her life.

--

Hakyeon arrived later that afternoon, to fix his stuffs and luggage. Also, he was here to say his gratitude towards the faculty and his students. Reaching his dream was hard but leaving the school was harder he thought. He heaved a sigh before reading the clock across the room. 

5:45

He should call this a day, and come back tomorrow for his farewell party. He proceeded to take out his laptop from his drawer (which he left earlier) and paused when a note caught his attention.

--

Haneul sat again at the field, watching baseball practice, but this time, she was here because she sincerely wanted to watch, not just to get her mind off things. 

She would occasionally grimace when a member fails to hit, she would also find herself cheering when another hits home run. 

Yes, she was having the time of her life. 

Another presence on her right made her look at the intruder. She immediately look back at the game as she grimaced at the unwanted presence. 

"What's this? Why are you acting hostile?" 

She scoffed, not even sparing a glance. "Why are you here anyway?"

"None of your business."

She heard sighing from the other presence and she raised a brow. "You really hate me don't you?"

"That's because you stick your nose to where it doesn't belong," she glared at Han Seonsaeng-nim who only responded with a smile. "You're right." Sunhee started. "I do not meddling with others' business. Especially if they're similar with what I experienced." 

Soon, the younger's glare turned to curiosity as she studied Han Seonsaeng-nim's serene expression. The latter looked at her. "Curious?"

"Nope." She deadpanned looking at the game once again. Haneul puffed her cheeks in embarrassment. 

She heard chuckles and she looked at her from the side of her eyes. "You're in a gang, right?" Sunhee quickly looked at her. "You also want to be Cha Hakyeon," this one, she concluded rather than ask. 

Haneul whipped her head towards the older's direction. "But tell you what," she smiled. "You're only allowed to choose one. You can't be both. Those two were extremes."

"Why do you care any–"

"You can't be greedy and be two different persons, Haneul-ah. I'm meddling into your business because I don't want you to regret things just like how you did with Minha-yah."

Yong Haneul turned silent all of a sudden. 

Han Sunhee looked up the sky as she smiled sincerely, recounting old memories. "Tell me, Haneul-ah..."

"Is Cha Hakyeon worth leaving the gang for?"

"...or is the gang worth leaving Cha Hakyeon for? You choose."

Han Seonsaeng-nim looked behind her when she noticed another presence on their back whereas Haneul was busy ogling at space, the woman's words ringing in her ears. 

"Oh, he's here already. I guess I'll have to take my leave now. Its getting late, you guys take care, alright?"

With a light pat in the student's shoulder, Sunhee stood up and walked away from where she was.

"Haneul-ah..." 

Hearing his voice, the words earlier rang again in her mind.

Is Cha Hakyeon worth leaving the gang for? 

"Yes..." She mumbled. 

"Huh?" 

"Yes!" She repeated, firmer this time. She finally looked up to see a frowning Cha Hakyeon on her side, standing frozen as he searched for something in her eyes. "What 'yes'?" He asked, finally sitting down beside her. 

You're worth everything to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. When she smiled brightly at him, his frown deepened, "are you not mad at me anymore?"

She shook her head lightly, smiling at him as she looked up again. "Really?"

A nod. 

"Not even annoyed?"

Another nod. 

"Wah, really," he scoffed. "You didn't talk to me for days. Avoided me for days, and now, you're telling me, you're not mad at me?!" He asked incredulous. 

"No. I'm not mad." She beamed. 

"Wait, wait." He waved his hands in front. "You're not...mad?" He asked, unsure. She shook her head, "nope."

He was supposed to say something more when she immediately rebutted, "why, you want me to get mad at you?"

Hakyeon looked at her as if she grew two heads. "Of course not! But your actions aren't right!" He snarled, finally detonating in frustration. "You don't know how I was determined to beg on my knees for you to forgive me and you're telling me you're not mad?! Not anymore?!" 

Haneul just blinked at him before finally looking down. 

Oh no, did I make her mad?

"Yah, Hane–"

But he was instead enveloped by a warm embrace that had him speechless, only her overwhelming scent reigning his senses. 

"I'm sorry," her voice got muffled by his clothes, as she inhaled his scent that calmed her nerves. This was their very first official hug, and she was liking every bit of it. "I'm sorry for being so immature," she started. Hakyeon tried his best to hear her words clearly, his arms shaking around her comfortingly. "But then, I won't be Yong Haneul if I'm not immature. I'm young, I know that. Maybe the main reason why I'm so reckless with my emotions and decisions but," she sniffed and the guy's eyes widened.

Was she crying?

"If it wasn't for my reckless decisions, I wouldn't be able to meet you. I love you, Cha Seonsaeng-nim."

--

That night, when everyone else was sleeping soundly, and the sandman was successful in doing his job, Yong Haneul went back to the place she avoided for more than two months already.

She never once thought that she would visit this place again, but she did anyway.

"It was nice seeing you again," the girl from the farthest end of the abandoned sugar factory said, her back turned to the visitor. She spoke in a dangerously low tone and yet since the factory was almost empty, her voice resonated as if she was speaking through a microphone, her voice echoing. 

She turned her head to smirk at Yong Haneul's way, never in a million would she thought that she would see her old friend again. 

Ever. 

-📗-

A/N: WHO IS THAT PERSON??? 😭😭😭😭 a VIXX member? Or another OC? Enlighten me juseyo!!!!!

I already have one in mind, but who knows I might resuse him/her or add another character that fits the story.

Also, there is only one chapter left before I proceed with another story. Yes, you guys heard it right. JUST ANOTHER CHAPTER LEFT AND THIS IS OVERRR.

Why? There was actually no enough character development yet and you're finally shutting down the story, well that's because I have something planned in mind. No matter how much I think of it, it always ends up to that one, so please pardon meeeee.

So what was it that I have in mind? Of course its a secret kkkkk~

Stay tuned to know and be updated. Thank you lovelies~