Of a late evening at home

Their Magic of Love

 

It's as difficult as always to pronounce his home address in a clear manner, to not let his exhaustion slur the syllables together. But he wants to arrive at the correct fireplace, which is why Minseok strengthens his grip on the sports bag around his shoulders and clears his throat.

After a shout of his voice, green powder gets thrown into flames and Minseok is gone. 

 

The flames of another chimney turn into a similar shade of green and with a whooshing sound, Minseok emerges. He greets the security woman next to their public fireplace and makes his way through the lobby to the stairs, to get to his flat on the third floor. 

His footsteps echo through the hall, it's already late in the evening and Minseok returns after a day of Quidditch practice. It was tiring, but the thought about a date night with Jongdae kept him in a good mood. 

He took a shower at the locker room and is already dressed in his comfort clothes - their date nights usually entail staying at home, watching a movie and some kind of fancy-ish takeout with wine. And maybe some fun in their bedroom, or even the couch if they're too lazy to change locations.

Such sweet bonding time decreased since they graduated, moved into a flat and got jobs. 

Both of them lead busy lives - Minseok as an upcoming Quidditch player and Jongdae as a piano and voice teacher for young children. Due to his training schedule, Minseok has to leave early and returns late each day. During off-season, he got more free time - but it's late November and thus a very busy time of year. 

Jongdae, on the other hand, has a relatively flexible schedule - his lectures are for both magic and muggle born children, which is why his working hours change each week. Additionally, he has some gigs at either a Wednesday or Friday evening with his band at a local bar. Minseok tries to catch at least one of the Friday gigs once a Month, when his practice starts later on the following Saturday. 

 

The sound of keys shake his tired mind awake and when his fingers find the keyhole, Minseok opens the door and gets rid of his shoes once he's inside. 

"I'm home!"

Silence greets him. 

Minseok frowns, Jongdae would have greeted him with a bone-crushing hug - whining about how he had to wait so long. 

Placing his keys onto the designated decorative plate (a gift from Jongdae's mother), he makes his way to their kitchen to look if his boyfriend is trying to cook again - world shut out with headphones and music. 

But the kitchen gives no answer about Jongdae's whereabouts, the menu of their usual restaurant and a stray mug are the only things out of place. He puts the mug into the dishwasher and walks into their bathroom, to start the washing machine with his dirty clothes from today. It could be way faster by using spells, but Jongdae prefers to clean like his muggle mother does. It doesn’t matter to him how Jongdae cleans - as long as he keeps their things tidy, Minseok won’t complain.

 

Now without the heavy sports bag on his shoulders and after another call of Jongdae's name goes without response, Minseok continues his search and steps into their living room. His eyes are met with a cute sight which explains why his boyfriend didn't answer him. 

Jongdae lies stomach down on their couch, face nestled into a pillow and snoring quietly. Between his legs sits their cat, Tan - staring at Minseok as if she's assessing if he’s a threat to her master's sleeping mate. 

Cooing at the endearing picture, Minseok moves to pet Tan and thanks her for protecting the dozing Jongdae. Said man is stubborn about her being no normal cat, he says her gaze is too knowing and she's always interrupting them when it's starting to get fun . Or maybe he thinks that way because she's only bullying him and no one else. 

Tan purrs satisfied that it’s her master petting her and seems to accept that her surveillance isn't needed anymore. She jumps down and stalks into the kitchen, the munching of her eating can be heard seconds later. 

 

This reminds Minseok of their plans of the evening, so he starts to wake up his sweet, snoring boyfriend. A shake to the shoulder elicits a louder snore that has Minseok suppressing a laugh. 

"Dae, honey," He chuckles at Jongdae's hand pushing away his fingers at his ear. "Wake up, Dae."

"No~" Jongdae's whine is muffled. "I have to stay awake for Hyung ..."

Minseok laughs at that, caresses short, brown hair and tickles the nape below. "But I'm here now."

"Min?" Jongdae's voice sounds more awake now.

"Yes, honey?"

Jongdae moves his head and his eyes are squinted, curled lips pulled into a grin. 

"Hi~"

Minseok responds with an equally bright smile and leans down to plant a soft kiss to Jongdae's lips. Said man’s cheeks start to grow warm and he sits up to speak again. 

"Sorry that I fell asleep, Hyung. I should've called the restaurant. Should I-"

"Everything is fine. Did you eat something while you waited?"

"Yes, I had some fried noodles earlier."

Minseok doubts that Jongdae ate all of the leftover food.

He didn't have problems with eating during their school days - scheduled meal times kept him eating healthily. But now that they have to cook for themselves and due to his changing schedule, Jongdae often forgets to eat. Minseok would like to oversee his eating, but he can't do that due to his own dieting for practice and him leaving too early to prepare something for his forgetful boyfriend. He hopes that Jongdae eats at least some of his beloved fast food - as long as he eats.

"Okay, I trust your words." Jongdae sends him a thankful smile. "Why don't you go to bed, I'll eat the rest of the noodles and join you afterward?"

"And what's with the movie?"

"I don't need a movie when I got you in my arms." With a smirk on his lips, Minseok leaves Jongdae on the couch - who is blushing and hurrying to stand up to make himself ready for bed. 

 

When Minseok finished eating the leftover noodles and brushed his teeth, a familiar sight greets him as he walks into the bedroom. Jongdae lies on the left side of their bed, clad in underwear and a loose-fitting shirt. His eyes are closed once again, but this time there aren't any snores filling the air. 

Minseok crawls under the blanket and caresses sharp cheekbones. 

"You’re really tired, aren’t you? Did you have a hard day?"

Jongdae hums in response and presses his cheek against Minseok's fingers.

"I don’t want to talk about it, just want to cuddle~"

"And who am I to deny you this humble request." Minseok chuckles and shifts to hold his whining boyfriend closer against his chest.

They cherish the silence for a moment. Their shared warmth under the blanket is relaxing and brings a domestic kind of intimacy. Minseok can hear how Jongdae's breathing calms with each breath and how the hot puffs of air meet his collarbones. His nose is buried in brown, frizzy hair and fingertips graze upon soft skin. 

"This is nice." Jongdae's whisper breaks the silence. 

Minseok sighs with guilt. 

"I'm sorry that we don't see each other that often lately."

Jongdae shakes his head slightly, rubbing against Minseok’s shirt. "Don't apologize. We're both busy and we're making time as best as possible. I just-" A long exhale tickles his collarbone. "I miss you …"

Minseok tightens his grip on Jongdae's waist and inhales the scent of his tangy shampoo. 

"I miss you, too."