Chapter 4 - Big Little Lies

Irregularities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 – Big Little Lies

 

“She’s so young…” Eunbi muttered to herself.

She kneeled down by the body and looked at the white uniform that she was wearing. She noticed the familiar badge.

“She goes to the same school as Chaewon…”

She and Chaeyeon had just arrived at the crime scene, where a young teenager was found lifeless at the back of an alley just outskirt of the city. Eunbi and Chaeyeon moved closer to the body, where the coroner and the police had secured, with their tapes. The crime scene team were scattered around, gathering evidences and also examining the body.

One of the officer, Choi Yena came up to them.

“This is one weird case,” she said to the two detectives.

Chaeyeon looked at her, “What did you found, Officer Choi?”

“The victim’s body is clean, like there’s not even a scratch or bruise on her at all. There was no sign of struggle.”

Chaeyeon glanced at the body, “Maybe she fainted and died because of medical condition? Have you look into it?”

Yena shrugged, “Well, if she’s sick then, I don’t know what kind of sickness it would be to cause her to die like this.”

“What do you mean?” Eunbi asked.

Yena’s expression was serious, and her face was pale.

“She has almost no blood left in her body. I’m almost 90% sure that she died because of the lack of blood. Her heart stopped, because there’s nothing to pump anymore.”

Chaeyeon gasped, “S-She has no blood left?”

A lot of thoughts were running through her mind at the time, and all of them are bad. When it comes to blood, she can’t help but thought of her own kind.

“And what’s weirder is that-

Yena paused.

“There’s a bite mark on her neck,” Eunbi continued.

Chaeyeon turned to her colleague, her eyes widen, “Bite mark?”

Eunbi nods, “I noticed it when I was looking at the body earlier.”

“So, blood loss and bite mark, what happened when you put these two together?” Yena asked.

Chaeyeon scoffed nervously, “D-Don’t be ridiculous! There’s no such thing!”

Eunbi and Yena looked at each other, ignoring the panicked Chaeyeon.

“So, vampires?” asked Eunbi.

Yena shrugged, “Who knows.”

“Vampires doesn’t exist! Guys, are you listening to yourself right now?” Chaeyeon asked, with both her hands thrown in the air.

Eunbi shook her head, “I wouldn’t say that it’s impossible. There’s a similar case that happened last month but in Daegu, a body was found with no blood and there’s an apparent bite mark on the victim’s neck. A friend of mine told me that they haven’t caught any suspect because the crime scene was wiped clean.”

Chaeyeon bit her lip, defeated.

She knew the case sounds suspicious. No human could lure their victim without a scratch on them, unless they have natural charms and hypnosis ability. No human would be able to a human dry in a matter of minutes. Humans don’t even have fangs.

It must be a vampire.

But who? 

 

**

 

Earlier that day.

 

“Minju-ah, I’ll wait for you at the gate after school okay?” asked Kim Chaewon to her best friend.

They were walking together after their PE class, heading towards the changing room. Chaewon is the same age as Minju, they are high school seniors. They both had known each other since junior high and had been close ever since.

Minju turned her head towards her, with her eyebrows furrowed.

“After school?”

Chaewon’s face fell, “Don’t tell me you forgot about our plan?”

Minju gulped, she had forgotten all about it. In fact, she had agreed to walk home together with Yujin that day.

“We’re going to watch EXIT together today, you dumbo. We’ve bought the tickets last week. You said you can’t wait to watch Yoona unnie on screen,” Chaewon said with a huff.

Minju cleared , “O-Of course I remember! I’ve been looking forward to it all week!”

“As if. You forgot about it, don’t you? Are you going to walk home with that Yujin kid again today?”

“What are you talking about? I didn’t-

Chaewon stopped walking and crossed her arms defensively.

“What is she to you anyway? She only moved here for a few weeks and you’re sticking with her like a gum.”

Minju bit her lip, “She’s new, and I was just showing her around…”

“She’s not a child. But you’re watching over her like a guardian. Do you like her or something? Is that it? You’re throwing our friendship away because you like that obnoxious tall kid?” Chaewon confronted.

The dark haired girl let out a deep sigh.

“She’s a family friend, Chaewon-ah. I’ve told you that she’s like a relative to me. My parents asked me to help her out since she’s new.”

She touched her friend’s arm and gave it a gentle squeeze.

“I didn’t forget about our plan. Let’s go watch a movie later, okay?” Minju said, soothing her.

But Chaewon was still sulking and refused to meet her eyes.

“Chaewon-ah…” she called sweetly.

The brown haired girl sighed, “Fine. How can I be mad at you when you called me like that?”

Minju grinned and linked her arms together with her best friend.

“I’ll treat you to cola and popcorn, okay?”

Chaewon chuckled, “Okay. And I want a hot dog too.”

“Alright, anything for you.”

 

**

 

Minju and Chaewon went back to their classes and wait for the next class to begin. They’re both are excellent students, and they were discussing notes when suddenly a voice called.

“Kim Minju, someone is here to meet you,” said the class monitor.

She looked up and saw a tall girl standing by the door. She caught her gaze and smiled at her, showing her charming dimples. Minju smiled unknowingly at the sight of her. She may be obnoxious at times, but there’s just something about her, and she can’t deny it either. Maybe it’s her vampire charms.

Ahn Yujin is something else.

 

**

 

“What is it? Hurry up, my teacher is going to come in anytime now,” asked Minju as she stood in front of Yujin at the hallway.

Yujin looked at her, a smile plastered across her face. She stepped closer and suddenly reached forward for the older girl’s hands. Minju froze as Yujin held her hands and gaze softly into her eyes.

“Minju-ya,” she called.

She continued, “I’ve been thinking about what you told me and I… agree with you. I was wrong.”

“About what?”

“You’re right, I never tried to make it work between us, and that’s just wrong.”

“I like you, Minju.”

Minju’s eyes widen, “You… what?”

Yujin looked down, hiding her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter