Chapter 2 - Blind Date

Irregularities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 – Blind Date

 

Sakura couldn’t help but felt annoyed.

She was sitting at the dining table with two other vampires. But the two of them were too immersed in their own world. Chaeyeon and Hyewon are married mates, they got together 5 years ago and had been obsessed with each other since. They are always kissing or touching.

They were just talking to Sakura a moment ago. And now they’re kissing, again.

Sakura glanced over at her younger cousin, Yujin. She was busy doing homework with Minju in the living room. Minju is the adopted child for the vampire pair. Chaeyeon took her home one day after her parents went missing a few years ago. The girl came to the police station to lodge report for her parent’s disappearance and Chaeyeon was the detective in charge. At first she took the young vamp in just temporarily for safety purposes until they find a place for her. But after months, they’ve decided to take her in as a family member.

Sakura cleared , rather loudly to get their attention again. Chaeyeon and Hyewon eventually pulled away from each other and sat up straight, facing their friend, Sakura.

“Sorry about that. We get distracted really easily, it’s hard to control,” said Chaeyeon, straightening her shirt.

“I can see that,” Sakura replied.

Hyewon chuckled, “Are you jealous? You should find a mate too, then.”

Sakura sighed, “Oh, here we go again.”

“I’m sorry if it sounds annoying but you have to find a mate. We’re not just being nosy friends but this is our genuine concern for you. You’re already 24. You know what happens if you didn’t mate until 25, right?” said Chaeyeon.

“I haven’t found the one yet. We’re talking about spending the rest of my life together with another, I want it to be with someone I love. Someone my heart wants,” Sakura replied, shrugging.

Hyewon scoffed, “Uh hello, we’re vampires. We don’t even have a beating heart. We don’t fall in love before mating. All of our marriage are arranged. I don’t like Chaeyeon at first, but look at us now.”

“You were arranged to marry Sana. But you rejected her and now she’s with someone else.”

Sakura crossed her arms defensively, “I don’t like marrying someone I don’t even know.”

Chaeyeon added, “You shouldn’t spend too much time watching or reading human literature. We are the superior kind; we don’t do petty things like them. We mate, we stay loyal till the end.”

Hyewon nods, “Plus, there’s a reason why we mate, to contain our urges. Once a vampire reached 18, we have uncontrollable lust, that could only be satisfied by two ways. Either ually, or-

“The consumption of human blood,” Sakura cuts in.

“Bingo,” said Hyewon.

Sakura leaned her back on the chair and looked at her two friends.

“I have to find a mate, soon. I know that,” she said, slow.

She swallowed. Her thoughts went to her meeting with Eunbi earlier. She had never felt like that before. She had never encountered a human that easily ignites her hunger from within as easy as flicking a switch. Her smell was invigorating, so intoxicating and delicious. She kept picturing herself running her hands on her porcelain-like skin, so smooth without even a thread on her, tracing every part of her body and then sinking her teeth on that flesh.

She wondered how she would taste.

Her blood and her-

“You’re okay?” a voice asked.

Sakura swallowed again and looked up to meet Chaeyeon’s eyes.

“Do you think it’s possible to mate with a human?” she asked.

The two vampires stared at her, speechless. Sakura looked at them alternately, waiting for an answer but they’re too stunned with her question to respond.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” asked Chaeyeon.

Sakura gulped.

“You know that’s the big No-No in our book. You can’t. You simply can’t do it with a human!” Hyewon chimed.

“I-I was just asking, okay? No need to overreact.”

Chaeyeon leaned forward, “No human could ever satisfy our hunger, our lust. Their body can’t take it, we’re too strong for them. You’ll end up killing them, and once you tasted their blood, there’s no turning back. You’ll be a Dark Vamp, the immortal vampire who constantly feeds on human blood to survive.”

“The Dark Vamps will be hunted and killed by our own people. Their existence is a threat to our kind, they’ll taint our image and we can no longer live alongside humans. Just like in the Dark Times.”

“Stay away from humans, Sakura. Until you found a mate, you stay away from them,” Chaeyeon continued.

“Yeah, don’t tell me you already forgot about what happened in Fukuoka?” Hyewon said.

Sakura shot a glare at her, and Chaeyeon nudged her wife to keep quiet.

Hyewon cleared , “What I’m saying is, I have a pretty vampire friend that I think you’ll be interested with.”

She handed her a phone, with a picture of a beautiful woman on screen.

 

“Go out with her.”

 

**

 

Wang Yiren is really pretty.

No, pretty would be an understatement. She’s too beautiful that she might blow her own cover, since there’s no human would look like that. Well, there’s one human who’s prettier, Sakura thinks. But tonight supposed to be the night to forget about her.

She sat there inside the French restaurant with her date, leaning in to listen to whatever she has to say. Sakura simply nods most of the time, as she was really trying to get into the conversation. Yiren is Chinese, and she speaks her mother tongue. But being a vampire means you’re fluent in more than 50 languages. She responded to her, and laughed at her jokes.

Yiren seemed smitten with her, she could tell. The young vampire couldn’t stop smiling and blushing from time to time. She’s young, she had just turned 20 and she still hasn’t been suited with any vampires yet.

“You’re 24, right? And you’re still a ? That’s a dangerous age.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter