Chapter 1 - Scent

Irregularities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Miyawaki Sakura had been staring at her computer screen for hours now. She’s not sure how long has it been since she was watching the blinking cursor on her word document. She only words that she managed to write was ‘Chapter 1’. She’s an author, a well-known at that. Her first book was a hit and was number one on the bestselling chart across multiple bookstores in Japan. But that was three years ago. She was bound by contract with her publisher to come out with another book. But she’s been delaying it for so long. She just couldn’t find the right muse to write.

She took off her glasses and put it on her desk. She pushed her chair away from the desk and she rolled to the center of the room. She leaned her back against the chair and stared up at the ceiling.

Suddenly she felt thirsty. She put her hands around her neck and held it there. It’s a different kind of thirst. The kind that can’t be quench with just a glass of water. Not even the entire lake could quench her thirst, because it isn’t water that she’s seeking.

It’s blood.

Sakura bit her lip, hard. So hard that if she were human her lips would be bleeding by now. She stood up and threw herself on the bed. She buried herself under the pillow, as much as she was trying to suppress her thirst. She groaned as she tried to kick the thoughts away.

She tried her best not to consume any blood, she hated to be born this way. She never asked to be a vampire.

Suddenly the door was pushed open. A tall young teenager walked in and saw her on the bed.

“Saku-chan! Are you okay?!” asked the teenager, Yujin.

Sakura didn’t respond, she kept on groaning on the bed, as she was clawing on the bedposts.

“I’ll get you some blood! Just hang in there!”

Yujin scrambled to the kitchen and took out a bottle filled with red liquid before rushing back to the room. She went to her side and opened the lid for the girl who was suffering.

“Here, drink some!”

Sakura looked up and saw her younger cousin offering her a bottle of blood. Yujin gulped. Her older cousin’s eyes had turned crimson red. It’s not good.

She scowled, “I don’t want any blood!! Get the hell away from me!!”

“You need it! The thirst won’t go away, you know that!”

Sakura looked at the bottle as her face was scrunched in both disgust and delight. She wants it. She desperately wants it.

So she took it. She grabbed the bottle from Yujin’s hand and gobbled down the contents in the matter of seconds. The blood trickled down from the corner of , and she quickly lapped it up with her fingers. She her fingers clean.

“You can’t keep on fasting from drinking blood, unnie. We’re vampires, it’s our nature.”

Sakura kept mum. Her eyes had turned brown again.

The cousin continued, “You have to find a mate soon. It’s the only way to control the urges. Your eyes were red earlier. If I was late for another second, you might turn into a Dark and it’ll be too late then.”

Sakura sat up straight on the bed as her breathing slowly getting normal. She turned to look at Yujin and noticed that the younger girl was dressed up in her mustard colored school uniform.

“Is it morning already?” she asked, ignoring the whole lecture.

Yujin glance over at the working desk and noticed that her laptop was .

“Did you not sleep at all last night? You can’t write? Stop torturing yourself.”

Sakura rolled her eyes, “We’re vampires, we don’t really need to sleep anyway.”

“That’s bull. I sleep a lot.”

“You’re a teenage vamp. You don’t have urges yet.”

Yujin sighed, “I wish I don’t have to turn mature.”

“But you will. For now though, let’s get you to school.”

“We can’t be late for your first day.”

 

**

 

Sakura drives Yujin to the school for her first day at the new high school. She previously studied in Japan, where their family were rooted. But because of some happenings back in their hometown, she and Sakura had to move to Seoul just a month ago.

“Okay Yujin, remember to stay low and don’t make any fuss at the new school,” Sakura said.

“I know you have super strength but you don’t have to enter every single sports tournament like the last time. People will get suspicious,” she added.

Yujin shrugged, “Don’t worry, I’ll be with Minju, right? We’ll keep each other in check.”

Sakura chuckled, “Minju will be in the different class than you though, because she’s a lot smarter.”

“But you have to stick together with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter