Chapter 3 - Irresistible

Irregularities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 - Irresistible

 

“Yujin-ah, this is for you,” said a voice cutely.

Ahn Yujin was sitting in the cafeteria that day, waiting for Minju to arrive. But someone beat her to it. She looked up and met a smiling face, one of her classmate, Jang Wonyoung. She was handing her a pack of chocolate.

Yujin smiled back at her, with her deep dimples showing.

“Thank you Wonyoung. You’re always so nice to me,” she replied, her hand carefully taking the chocolate from her. She tried to minimize touching with other humans, just to be careful.

Wonyoung grinned, “I heard you’ve been accepted into the track and field team. Everyone is talking about it. Congrats Yujin-ah!”

Yujin chuckled, “Yeah, I got in. Thanks. I’ll try my best to bring home medals for our school!”

Wonyoung is beautiful, so beautiful that her beauty is about on the same par with vampires. She’s really smart and she came from a family with great background, one of the wealthiest family in town. Though she has many admirers, she never really like anyone in the romantic way.

Not before Yujin came.

“I’m sorry I’m late!” a voice said.

Both Yujin and Wonyoung turned to look at the girl. Minju was standing there, looking at them both. She maintained a cool expression and then pulled a chair beside Yujin.

“Wonyoung, what are you doing here?” asked Minju.

Wonyoung snorted, “I’m just saying hi to Yujin. I’ll get going now.”

Minju watched as Wonyoung walked away, until she was sitting with her clique at a table.

“She likes you,” Minju said, glaring at Yujin.

“Uh no. She’s just being nice.”

Minju huffed, “Are you really oblivious or you’re acting like you’re oblivious? She gives you gifts almost every day, she waits for you when you pass the hallway, she came to your track tryouts to cheer you on. And you think she’s just being nice?”

Yujin scoffed, “I can’t help it that I’m naturally charming. We’re vampires after all. You got your fans too.”

“But I don’t lead them on.”

“Then what do you suggest me do? Told her to leave? Throw away her gifts?”

Minju sighed, “I told you to keep it low. It’s only been 2 weeks but you went on joining the track and field team? You’re breaking new record with your sprint, with them calling it miracles and also sports protégé. You’re basically asking for the attention.”

Yujin sulked, “Well, this wouldn’t be a problem if we just declare ourselves as a couple.”

Minju rolled her eyes.

“If we’re dating, there won’t be as much humans trying to court us. But you don’t want it, you don’t want the labels on us because you’re also too busy charming Kim Chaewon-

“That’s enough, Yujin,” Minju cuts in.

Yujin grabbed the water on the table and gulped it down.

She added, “We’re bound for each other, Minju. I’m your future partner, the one who you will use to control your bloodlust. Don’t forget that.”

“I know that. We’re going to be married and stuck with each other for life. Can’t I at least be single for now? We’ve only met a month ago and you’re already putting a leash on me,” Minju said bitterly.

Yujin gulped.

Minju continued, “I may be a vampire who don’t have a beating heart, but I want to be charmed off my feet too.”

She looked at Yujin, her eyes glistens, “And you never even tried.”

 

 

**

 

Sakura met Eunbi more often after that. They would meet up after Eunbi finished work and have dinner together or just strolling the streets together.

Sakura met Eunbi again that day, picking her up after work. They went to a dinner together, Sakura ordered yukhoe, or raw beef, as it was the only food that she could consume when she’s eating out. They could still consume raw meat, that is if they have never tasted human blood. Sakura sometimes wondered how human blood tastes like, as the elders always pictured it, that it’s so good, that you’ll never want to consume anything else.

She watched Eunbi eat, munching her spoonful of rice. She seems hungry after the day’s work. She said she didn’t have time for lunch because it was too busy. Sakura watched the human eat, she’s was so full of appetite and it’s fascinating. She never thought watching a human eating is relaxing, rather than thinking of her blood. She quickly dismissed the thought and dug into her own food.

Eunbi is a soft girlfriend, Sakura thinks.

She wasn’t sure if they can use that term yet, but she really feels like a girlfriend to her. Despite her job of being a police officer, she’s naturally clingy and sweet, linking their arms as they walked along the underground train station, heading towards the bookstore.

“So, do you like reading?” asked Sakura.

Eunbi was engrossed in reading a book’s synopsis when the younger girl arrived beside her.

She looked at her and nodded, “I try to read at least a book a month. Yeah, I’m quite a nerd.”

Sakura chuckled, “You’re saying that to an author.”

Eunbi smiled and glanced at Sakura, sometimes she had to pause and take a deep breath whenever she’s looking at her face. She’s that breathtakingly beautiful. She had never seen anyone this attractive in her life before.

“So, you never told me what kind of books that you write.”

“You never ask,” replied Sakura, smiling coyly.

“Fine. So, what books have you authored?”

Sakura grinned, “Okay, don’t judge me, but I wrote only one book.”

“What book? You haven’t even answered my question.”

Sakura glanced around the bookstore and spotted something.

“Come here,” she said. She grabbed Eunbi’s hands, and pulled her along with her.

Eunbi gasped at her touch. It was cold. Her hand was so cold, but it’s not unpleasant. In fact, it felt electric, jittery, kinda magical. It’s as if she was addicted to the coldness of her touch.

“I wrote that book,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter