Pink Bathrobe and Wet Hair

The Parcel of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: I think this song will suit this chapter, and story, a lot: (Hwasa & Esna - Love Comes) 

 

The doorbell rings, startling the dog in the apartment and causing her to bark.

"Who's this?" Comes a cheerful voice.

"Parcel delivery for Kim Yongsun?"

"Ah, that's me! Give me a minute!" More barking ensues. "Jjingjjing-ah, sshhh, stop barking."

In exactly a minute, the door opens, revealing the most beautiful girl Moon Byulyi has ever set her eyes on in her life and whatmore, dressed in a pale pink fluffy bathrobe that reveals a hint of a cleavage where the neckline dips. The attire, coupled with her wet long hair made her look like she was glowing under the light of her apartment's entrance. Byulyi is about to speak up when she chokes on her own saliva and it sends her into a coughing fit. The miniature schnauzer, Jjingjjing, who has followed behind her owner warily eyes Byulyi.

Kim Yongsun's eyes widened in surprise.

"Are you okay?!" She asks, worried. The embarrassed delivery girl nods frantically but doesn't stop coughing. Yongsun quickly ushers her in to the kitchen, and Jjingjjing follows after them but steers clear of Byulyi. After pouring a glass of warm water, Yongsun passes it to Byulyi, who accepts it gratefully, gulping it down like her life depends on it. When her coughing finally stops, she remembers the parcel and passes it to Yongsun, who takes it excitedly.

"Thank you...?"

"Moon Byulyi."

"Thank you Moon Byulyi-ssi," Yongsun beams at her and she quickly averts her eyes bashfully, trying not to think of how smoothly her name has rolled off Yongsun's tongue. "That's a cool name by the way. Moon... star."

Byulyi blushes further. "T-Thank you..."

"You're welcome!" Despite the strong attraction she has developed in a matter of seconds for Yongsun, she knows she shouldn't outstay her welcome. "I-I should get going, Yongsun-ssi. Thank you for the water."

"No worries, Byulyi-ssi, and have a good day!" Yongsun waves cheerfully before closing the door. Byulyi marvels at her bright energy.

For the rest of the day, Byulyi couldn't concentrate well on her part-time jobs. She couldn't get the beauty out of her mind. She secretly, very secretly, hopes to see her again.

 

 

It has been two weeks since the two women met, and Byulyi feels like she's lovesick. She hasn't had much appetite and she keeps on spacing out, daydreaming about the goddess-like woman and what they could be... Creepy, she knows, but she can't help herself.

"Seriously, what's the matter with you, unnie?" Hyejin, Byulyi's best friend, asks with a sigh. She can no longer stand Byulyi moping around in the cafe they both work together in.

Byulyi sends Hyejin a resigned look. "Fine. So... remember my last day of work delivering parcel?"

"Mhm?"

"My last stop... was this girl... and she's so beautiful," Byulyi hesitantly admits.

Hyejin squeals loud enough for the cafe manager to send them a look of warning. They mutter apologies before lowering their voices.

"Oh my gosh, unnie, you are in love!" Hyejin giggles and pats Byulyi roughly on her shoulders. "So you were lovesick, I see."

"I-It's not like that! How can I love someone I met so briefly?"

"Love at first sight, my dear," Hyejin teases before looking at her, determined. "Seriously though."

Before she can further reply, the chime at the cafe entrance sounded, signalling a customer just entered. Byulyi is about to greet the customer, when she freezes. The words get stuck in , and she gulps.

"Oh? Byulyi-ssi, right?" Yongsun grins brightly when she reaches the cafe counter, her eyes widened in recognition. "Hello!"

"W-Welcome, Yongsun-ssi," Byulyi answers shyly. Hyejin notices and gasps at the blush spreading across her best friend's cheeks. It's her first time seeing Byulyi this shy, since that girl can really flirt confidently. "What can I get you?"

Yongsun purses her lips and thinks for a bit before ordering, " Can I get an iced latte and an iced mocha, please?"

'She has company?' Byulyi wonders but quickly keys in her orders. "That will be 10,000 won, please."

"Here!" Yongsun chirps as she passes her a 10,000 won note.

Byulyi takes it with both hand politely, saying, "I received exactly 10,000 won, thank you! I will send the orders to your table."

Hyejin starts making the drinks while Byulyi gawks at the beauty who has turned around to walk to her seat. Byulyi didn't think Yongsun could get any prettier than she already is but there she goes proving her wrong by wearing a white cami wrap mini dress. The colour white causes her skin to glow, and the dress was a perfect fit that clings to her in all the right places, showcasing her beautiful curves. She looks both angelic and seductive. 'She's driving me crazy.'

A poke on Byulyi's waist snaps her out of her thoughts and she turns to see Hyejin shaking her head. "Stop drooling and go send her her cold drinks before they turn hot again."

Before she could take the tray, a man holding a bouquet of red roses walks in and to the table Yongsun is sitting at. He gives Yongsun a peck on her forehead before passing the bouquet to her and taking the seat in front of her. She beams and accepts it happily, immediately bringing it up close to her nose to smell it. 

"Unnie... He's gorgeous..." Hyejin gapes. Byulyi feels her heart constrict and wonders if she's being too dramatic but that's truly what she feels right now. It's just uncomfortable and painful. "You want me to bring the drinks over instead?"

Not trusting her voice, she only nods, grateful for Hyejin's coolheadedness when it comes to dealing with her. She turns away and decides to take her lunch break, that she was supposed to take with Hyejin in thirty minutes, so she doesn't have to see Yongsun with that guy.

 

 

As luck would have it, Yongsun starts to frequent the cafe with the guy, who Byulyi and Hyejin found out is her boyfriend. He, Kim Won-sik, is apparently a freelance model and aspiring songwriteer. Yongsun met him through a mutual friend when they were in university and they clicked almost immediately. They have been doing freelance modelling together ever since.

Byulyi is disgusted at how he always kisses Yongsun in front of her. She thinks they don't look good together but she's totally being truthful and not salty at all.

"Just befriend her first," Hyejin urges. "That's the first step if you want to get her."

"You don't even know if she swings that way, and by now it's pretty obvious she doesn't," Byulyi reminds her, feeling sad all over again.

Hyejin smirks, shaking her head in disbelief and causing Byulyi to frown. "Unnie, you clearly don't see how charming you are even though you appear so confident all the time."

"Hm?" Byulyi blushes.

"If we weren't friends I'd have fallen for you. Too bad for you thou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter