[NEW] Ch3

D.O. Writes

2

 ***  

  "I'm so frustrated," Jongin said.
  D.O. had his eyes closed behind dark shades.  They'd been feeling cabin fever and escaped to the park.  "Do you get it now," he asked.  "This is why I write fanfiction.  Or one of the reasons."
  A breeze ruffled what little hair he hadn't buzzed off.  "I knew that movie was going to end badly in the first fifteen minutes.  It wasn't even executed right.  The plot would've been great, but they killed it with too many characters.  The minor characters were more interesting than the whiny main characters."
  "They should've gone with them and made a comedy instead of an action movie.  Actually, they could've had a comedy action movie.  That would've been cool."
  Jongin put his arms on the back of the bench and leaned his head back.  His eyes were closed as he sighed.  "I bet you even knew how the movie was going to end before it even got there."
  D.O. nodded.  "I did... mostly.  I knew it was one of those movies that would end...  Well, it was anti-climatic and it left too many loose threads.  The commercials were even better than the movie."  He leaned forward and grinned.  "Want to know how a movie's going to be good or not?"
  Jongin opened his eyes and squinted.  He side-eyed him.  "How?  There's a real way to do that?  Like... for sure?"
  "Yeah." D.O. nodded.  "If the commercial is super long it means they're showing the best parts of the movie.  Basically, they're showing you the only parts of that movie you should be watching.  If it's a short commercial and it looks good then it usually is."
  Remember..."  He pointed.  "...shorter is better.  Always.  Pay attention to it from now on.  You'll see what I mean."  Jongin looked intrigued so he grinned.


*

  Jongin had finally passed the hard level on his game and the new one should've exhilarated him.  He'd been staring at the paused screen for at least five minutes.  Diamonds and bombs and his little fuzzy character, who'd usually be begging him to let it have fun, remained silent.  He scoffed and clicked his sleep screen on.  Sticking it in his pocket, he stood up.
  His conversation with D.O. today kept repeating.  Not about movies, but the fanfiction thing.  He'd considered trying it out, but his experience in writing had only been lyrics.  Writing fiction intimidated him.  There were a lot of parts in a story that he loved in movies and books, but to put them together in his own story-
  He shook his head.  Where would he even begin?  "I could ask D.O., but that'll be so embarrassing," he mumbled.  He'd gone to the kitchen and D.O.'s laptop had been left on the island.  He stared at it.
  D.O. could type without looking.  Another problem he'd have.  Maybe a notebook would be better.
  Later.
  He got water and headed for the yard.  He paused, stared at the laptop, took a sip of water, and twisted his lips.  Maybe he could write something for the crappy movie he'd seen.
  Later.  He'd do it later-
  Would he?  Had he actually decided to do this?  He twisted his lips the other way.  It couldn't be that hard, could it?
  D.O. did it so easy-  Well when wasn't having writer's block.  Weren't you supposed to lay stuff out before you started writing?  Like a... well... a layout?
  He'd figure it out.
  Later.

*

  D.O. turned a page in Fiction For Writers and read, "Resources for Plot.  The Snowflake Method."  He'd read great reviews for that book.  He moved his fingers on the keys without typing, considering.  "Fine," he said on a sigh.
  He ordered it.  "It'll arrive in three to five days."  He went to the common room and smacked Jongin on the arm.  "We're going shopping.  Get up."
  Rubbing his arm, Jongin did.  "Where are we going?"
  "I need a bigger notebook.  We're going to the mall."
  "The mall?"  He followed him to their room.  "But you hate the mall."
  "I hate the loudness of the mall.  It's the best place to buy office supplies though, so I'll live.  I can survive thirty minutes in that hoard if it means getting good paper and pens."
  They got dressed and Jongin grabbed the keys by the front door.

*

  "Hyung, are you ok?"  Jongin scratched his arm as he studied him.  His eyes were wide and he hadn't moved since he'd come through the front door.
  "Jongin," he said.  "What was I thinking when I said to come here.  There are people everywhere.  Is there a holiday that I missed?  Because there are so many people."
  Jongin looked around, at him, then snorted.  "It's the mall and it's a Saturday.  Remember, the day that people like to go shopping the most?"
  "No.  I don't remember that, because I like to sit in my room... quietly.  Doing normal quiet things, like reading and writing and watching movies.  What is wrong with all these people?"
  Snickering, Jongin looked around again.  "Come on.  Let's get some food first.  Maybe a shake or something?  It'll help you relax."
  He shook his head.  "I don't wanna."
  "Yes, you do."  He grabbed his arm and grinned when he resisted.  "Stop being a baby.  I want to shop now.  I still need shoes.  Last time they didn't have my size.  Maybe they do now."  D.O. banged his hand with a fist as his own shoes began to move.  "I'm stronger than you, Hyung.  Let's go."
  "Ugh, I'm going to get you back for this."
  "No doubt, Hyung, but I'll live."
  "You're evil."
  Jongin grinned.

| Forward | Read Chapters | 1 | 2 | Q&A | 3 |

PS:  Chapter Four is going to be added soon, so you can witness their shopping trip.