[NEW] Q&A

D.O. Writes

Talk To The Character's and They'll Talk Back

Dear Readers/Writers,

Ok, you're probably saying, "I know you know, that I know you don't know EXO for real, so you can't make it possible for me to really talk to EXO."

You're right.

And if you're a writer, you'll understand that your characters are real... in your head.  ;)  And it's possible to talk to them and them to talk back-

However, this isn't what I'm talking about.

Allow me to tell you a quick story that'll explain how I first discovered the idea...

I read a story once that had something the author labeled as the Character Q&A - it was a Bonus thing she added to the bottom of each chapter (and her delicious chapters were the kinds you savored until the very end).  Imagine some of the best stories you've read, now pick one.

What was delicious about it?

* Emotionally connected with your bias?

* Hilarious moments that made your day better?

* Fluff that made your heart want to explode into glitter?  *Hello, Yixing.  Lol.

And to find this Bonus Character Q&A thing at the end - after all that?  It was more than the cherry on top of the pie, it was a whole-nother pie.

So, what is a Character Q&A?

It's your opportunity to ask the characters in the story anything you want.

It could be silly questions, serious questions - Maybe even for a writing tip.

Imagine asking a character who knows nothing about writing for a writing tip?  The horror!

It's not only pie delicious, but it's a chance to have fun.

Talk to the character (In Character) and they'll reply (In Character).

If Chanyeol is loud and clumsy, he'll be loud and clumsy.  If ChanBaek are... well... ChanBaek, that's what they'll be.  Etc.

I had a blast reading all the (Q) Questions and (A) Answers.  I, unfortunately, didn't have the chance to participate, because, by the time I'd found the story, it'd long since been completed.

The opportunity is limited.  Once I post a new chapter - that's it.  Opportunity lost.

So, get your questions in now-

If you still don't understand, below I've created a Character Q&A just for you.  Read it and then after, leave your question(s) in the Comment Section.

They must be in minimal detail-

Example:  What character you're talking to and...

Sometimes people forget to speak like themselves and want to use computer voice to communicate-

Example:  Kim Jongin (Full name), instead of just Jongin (On chapter three, that time you were on the top bunk in your and D.O.s room in the EXO Dorm (like he won't know the location that he lives and where he sleeps and what room it's in - uneccessary information)

Unless you're like, "Kim Jongin, oh no you just didn't."  Haha.  Don't be afraid to be yourself.

So,

1) Jongin/EXO (Talk to him/them like your an interviewer or fan)

2) You were in the dorm (or Dorm), you've read enough fic to be intimately familiar with it as just "the dorm".

3) Use capitalization and punctuation.  Although xxXXXOOOooo ^^ (Those kinds of things are ok.  They appreciate cuteness).

Read the Character Q&A below (that's was created just for you).

PS:  Remember, get your questions in now, before a new chapter is posted.  Or the opportunity will be lost.

 


(5) Questions (Character Q&A)

 

[Q1]

You: "Jongin, what does your last text say?"

 

[Answer]

Jongin: *Freezes "Um... Let me check." *Digs around in pocket "Oh, crap. I think I left it in my gym bag-"

Baekhyun: "Which he forgot in the van after dance practice."

Jongin: *Flinches "Where did you even come from?"

Chanyeol: "Yeah, he's very forgetful."

Baekhyun: "I know, right? Remember that time he lost his phone while trying to help Taemin find his lost phone." *Snorts "Who does that, seriously?"

Baekhyun and Chanyeol: *Sees Jongin's expression and laughs hysterically.

Jongin: *Looks betrayed.

-

[Q2]

You: D.O., do you think there's life on other planets?

 

[Answer]

D.O.: "I don't know. Not in this solar system, but somewhere out there. I mean, come on. Space, as far as we know, is endless. *Imitates a space introspection documentary

"Space is a vast endless... That's all I got. Apparently, it's endless. Somewhere out there, in this huge, endless space, there has to be planets capable of housing intelligent beings. They may not look like us though. Their customs may be different. I think humans think they're the center of the universe, and define every thing being and looking like we do, how we do."

"I just think it's impossible for other life not to be out there.

Jongin: *Nods.

You: "Oh, hey, sweety. Are you feeling better? Is Baek and Chan still picking on you?"

D.O.: "They've been picking on you again?"

You: "Again, really-?"

D.O.: "I'm going to kill them. I bet it was one of them that's been messing with the volume on my phone. My ear drums still ring sometimes. Where are they?"

Jongin: "No, Hyung, don't-" *Tries to keep him in his seat.

You: *Blinks, not sure rather you should run or not. *Clears throat "Ok, n-next question."

-

[Q3]

You: "Jongin, I feel bad about asking this question, but it seems to be a big thing for you. Um... do you wish your skin was lighter or darker?"

 

[Answer]

Jongin: *Sighs "Why does everyone always talk about my skin?"

You: "You absolutely do not have to answer if you don't want to. I don't see the big deal. I like the color of your skin. I'm super white, so you should be thankful. You'll never have to worry about having to get a tan."

Jongin: "I used to wish it was lighter, like everyone else. Now, I just don't care. It's my skin and it's a stupid thing for people to obsess over." Plus, I've imagined putting Kool-aid on all of them while they were asleep and staining their skin. Make them look like clowns. *Mental snort.

You: "Um... Jongin?"

Jongin: *Blinks a couple times. "Huh?"

You: "You kind of zoned out for a few seconds."

Jongin: *Blushes. I should seriously try to control my thoughts better. "Yeah." *Scratches head. "Sorry. My skin... I don't wish any thing about it. Well, except for people to stop asking me about it."

You: "Right. Sorry."

Jongin: "No. Not you. It's ok. I know you didn't mean any thing by it."

You: "Ok. Well, then, next question."

-

[Q4]

You: Exo, guys, has any of your ex's ever told you they regret breaking up?

 

[Answer]

......

You: "You... don't have to answer that?"

Chanyeol: "No."

Chen: "Since when have you even had a girlfriend. You haven't even had your first kiss yet."

Chanyeol: "Doesn't mean I haven't had a girlfriend."

Chen: "......"

Suho: "All of you be nice."

Chen: "I wasn't not being nice."

You: *Sigh. This is like all the goofy, crack fics I've ever read. *Watches like a kid seeing a candy shop for the first time.

Baekhyun: *Leans to see around Minseok Hyung. "Shut up, Chen, before I come over there."

Minseok: *Smirks

Chen: "Come over here then. I may be shorter, but you once ran screaming from a roach."

Baekhyun: *Eyes widen "That was a huge roach. It had wings. I even saw it fly."

Chen: "I was a palmetto bug. Not a roach. They live in trees or something like that."

Baekhyun: "Oh, like that's supposed to make it any better."

Chanyeol: *Feels paranoid. Why do they have to talk about bugs. This reminds me of the time in Roommates when a bee almost stung my face. It got inside. Oh, please don't let there be bugs in here.

Luhan: *Stands up "All of you be quiet. Answer the question or shut up."

Minseok, Chen, Chanyeol, Baekhyun: *Smirk

Sehun: "No."

You: "You've never had an ex say they regret breaking up?"

Sehun: "Nope."

Suho: "Since when have you had a girlfriend?"

Sehun: *Blushes "Leave me alone."

Yixing: "I have."

*All look at him.

Yixing: *Pouts, looking at them. "What?"

You: *Mental snort "Oh? Did you regret breaking up?"

Yixing: "No. I mean, we didn't date that long. I was going to school and training with SM... and there was the thing with me moving from China to here. Yeah. Besides we were really young." *Nods

You: "Oh, ok. Anyone else?"

Jongin: "I did. But I didn't regret it. She... was... clingy. I think she only liked me, because I was a trainee."

D.O.: "What? Why didn't I know this?" *Stares accusingly

Jongin: *Ducks his head "It was a long time ago. I didn't think about it until now."

D.O.: *Glares. "Fine." *Slouches in chair and crosses arms. *Looks away

You: *Raises an eyebrow Interesting. "Anyone else?"

......

You: "Alrighty then. Next question."

 

[Q5]

You: "Man, it feels like it's taken forever to get this far. Those guys..." *Sighs. *Looks up when Chanyeol comes in to the room.

 

[Answer]

Chanyeol: *Sees D.O. standing across the room. "Is he being interviewed to?"

You: "No, he's still here from last time. I brought snacks and he was hungry. Said he didn't want Ramen Noodles at the dorm."

Chanyeol: "Oh, ok." *Eyes widen

You: *Look behind you and D.O. is headed your way

D.O.: "Does talking about make you feel uncomfortable?"

Chanyeol: "W-W-What?" *Looks at you, then at him. His face is becoming red. "How- Y-You can't just ask me that?"

You: Is so interested in the answer, but don't expect it. "Ok, that wasn't the que-"

D.O.: *Mischievousness glints in his eyes

Chanyeol: *gulps

D.O.: "Fine. Do you think you'll be in a relationship in two months?"

Chanyeol: *Raises an eyebrow "No. Why do you ask that?"

D.O.: *Raises an eyebrow

You: What do they know that I don't? Chanyeol seems obviously nervous. Busted? Hm... "Chanyeol, I release you from this day of questioning. I apologize. He wasn't supposed to ask questions."

D.O.: *As Chanyeol runs away "Tell Baekhyun I said hi."

Chanyeol: *Walks faster and zips out of the room.

You: *Gives D.O. a stern look

D.O.: *Shrugs

You: *Gives a pleased look "Spill?"

D.O.: *Grins

 


 

PS:  Remember, the opportunity to participate in the Character Q&A is limited.  Once a new chapter is posted the opportunity will be lost - and you'll have to wait longer.

[Put Questions in the Comment Section NOW before it's too late!]

(!)  If you could care less, then continue the story:  Ch3