Ch1

D.O. Writes

1

***

D.O. plonked his head on his desk.

Jongin struggled to open his eyes. "That sounded painful," he mumbled. His tired muscles weighed him down as he turned over. The hard work had him exhaling like he'd run a marathon. Being on top bunk gave him an overview of the room, D.O. at the shared desk, laptop beside his probably throbbing head, shoes by the closed and locked door.

"Are you having writer's block again?" He winced at the "Mm" he got. "Anything I can do?" There never had been, but he always offered, just in case.

"Uh-uh."

"What are you working on this time?" He hadn't heard of Fanfiction until D.O. had told him he'd been writing it for years. Even before they debuted.

*

In the living room...

"Uuuuuugh. I just want to write something," D.O. said. It came out muffled under the pillow he'd been attempting to suffocate himself with.

"I don't understand the fanfiction thing," Luhan said.

"I've read some fanfics," Minseok said. "Some of them are really cool. I like the action ones."

"I like the Mama!Verse ones," Jongdae said.

Chanyeol tisked. "If you had your power you'd probably be shocking us all."

Minseok groaned. "I hate Winter. Every time it gets cold I get shocked by everything. Including Jongdae."

Jongdae snorted. "I am not walking around without socks in the Winter. It's too freaking cold. I'm glad I don't have the power of Ice. I'd just turn into a frozen swan statue. Chanyeol would most likely trip over air and knock me off my stand AND that'd be the last of me." He grinned.

"Hey," Chanyeol said. He looked offended, but then he snorted and grinned. "Yixing could heal you and you'd be all good again."

"That's not comforting," Jongdae said. He rubbed his belly and groaned. "I'm hungry. Why's the pizza taking so long to get here? I'm tempted to start eating my elbow."

Minseok giggled. "Why your elbow?"

Pouting, he said, "'Cuz I'm seriously tempted to start eating random things. At least if I try to eat my elbow I can't reach it, so..." He shrugged. "It's like when someone dares someone to their elbow, but no one can actually their elbow, so..." He shrugged again.

A loud thump distracted them. Chanyeol had thrown himself off the couch and they watched in amusement as he seizure laughed on the carpet.

*

Maybe I should write a fanfic about eating pizza. D.O. bit his pizza and paused mid-chew. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were eating pizza, slurping pizza, talking with their mouths full, their fingers were greasy and they kept hitting each other. They flailed as he dropped a few rolls of napkins on them. He sat down again and resumed eating.

The napkin use didn't make it any more bearable, because they still talked with their mouths full. And watching them clean grease off each other's hands and mouths just... He turned away. They don't exist. The sound of smacking while eating violently forced him to remember that they did.

*

A loud thump made it into the living room, making Jongin flinch. He put a hand over his heart. He couldn't see his and D.O.'s room down the hallway, but he looked over his shoulder towards it.

"Is he still trying to write that..." Baekhyun looked up and blinked rapidly. His nose wrinkled. He looked forward and tilted his head. "What's it called again?"

Jongin rubbed his heart and said, "A fanfic, and please keep your voice down. Don't piss him off even more than he already is."

"I don't get it. What's so special about a fan... fic? He acts like it's the end of the world."

Writing is his world. Fanfic is his... something special.

Jongin scratched his head and scooted from the chair to the carpet. He picked up the game controller and turned it on. Looking around for the tv remote, he said, "It's something he likes to do. I support him."

Baekhyun yawned and joined him on the floor. "Well, I like the white controller, so-"

"Hey." He'd taken it out of his hand and jumped back to plop onto the couch. Maybe I should get D.O. to write a fic where you suffer greatly... while we laugh hysterically.

"Why are you looking at me like that," Baekhyun asked.

I'm pretending like pyrokinesis exists and burning you with my mind.

"I'm not looking at you in any way." He grunted when he found the remote. It'd been sticking out from under the couch. The tv came on, thankfully not blaring like usual. Sighing in relief, he changed it to game setting and put the remote beside him.

*

D.O.'s already round eyes were widened. The off-white wall in front of the desk had a little bubble, right... there... Poke. He poked it. Maybe if he stared at it long enough an idea would come.

15 Minutes Later...

The cool desk wood soothed his headache. He adjusted the earbuds in his ears and sighed. No spoilers. No spoilers. No spoilers. The YouTube video started and he jolted up, wide eyes unseeing. Looooooud - So ing looooooud. Who the hell has been on my phone? I go-ing to kill them. He turned it down and exhaled in relief.

20 Minutes later...

The door opened to reveal the sound of taping laptop keys. Jongin peeked in. D.O. doesn't look murdery. He sniffed a washed apple and took a slow bite. Sweet juice filled his mouth and he more in, flattening his tongue on the leathery skin.

Mm, yummy. Why don't I eat these more often?

"H-Hyung, d-did you figure- um- figure it out? Come up with something?"

D.O. sniffed and said, "Ish. I'm not sure yet.

He snickered and stepped in to the room. "Ish, huh?"

"I had a flash of an idea. I just went with it. We'll see where it leads."

"Ah. Gotcha. So..." He looked through the window. The curtain panels were twisted together and pushed over the top.

The low light made him a little tired. It wouldn't be long until night time. An hour, maybe two. He nodded to himself and with his apple between his teeth he climbed the ladder to his bed.

*

"Why do so many stories end once the main characters have ?" D.O. closed his laptop and plopped onto his bed.

Jongin opened his eyes and leaned over the edge to see him. His nose had wrinkled in disgust, his eyes were squinched shut, he looked pint up with violent energy. Maybe I should just leave him alone. He rolled over and faced the wall. His heavy eyelids shut as if they'd never opened.

"I mean, a story is a story, and happens in a story, but isn't the basis of the story," D.O. said. "Uuuuuugh."

Jongin's eyes opened and he gulped. His instinct buzzed like angry bees, urging him to run. But his tired mind clamped down on it and crushed it like a car smasher. It said, "A) Your body is so tired you'd just do a nose dive if you tried to climb down. B) You can't leap off this top bunk - It's too close to the ceiling."

"Aaaand C) He wouldn't actually murder you. Maybe just leave a few bruises." I can live with that. Mind, why do you have to be so dramatic?

| Forward | Read Chapters | 1 | 2 | Q&A | 3 |