That’s so us [ 2 ]

The Hahmpark ( EunMin Shots Collection )

 

That's so us - Chapter 2 : When you were there 

 

“How can you starve yourself like this?” Hyomin motherly nags her friend

“I was busy” Eunjung reasons

“That’s not a good excuse” Hyomin bawls

“ It’s year end, and you know we have a lot of reports to finish, not to mention those crazy audit thingy, I’m going crazy” Eunjung complains

“You’re never too busy to eat” Hyomin insists

“I’ll bear it in mind” Eunjung sighs, giving in

“I know work is important, but isn’t your health important too?” Hyomin pours more water for Eunjung

“Alright” Eunjung is too tired to bicker

“Not just alright, you must never do it again” Hyomin instructs

“Yes, I must never do it again” Eunjung repeats

“I’m serious” Hyomin frowns

“I know you are serious” Eunjung holds her laughter, it’s not often to see her younger friend being this way, but for sure Eunjung know she does it out of concern for her.

“Don’t skip your meal” Hyomin snarls

“I would never skip a meal if I could have such a best chef in the world to cook every meal for me” Eunjung grins

“You must be day dreaming, in that case, please wake up” Hyomin doesn’t fall for Eunjung’s praise

“Haha” Eunjung laughs, “This is my first laugh of the day though” she adds sadly

Hyomin is taken back by a sudden confession, then reality check hits her, their jobs are totally different, her job must be one of those with minimum stress, while Eunjung ‘s is a career full of pressure and stress.

“Is it that bad?” Hyomin asks

“Nah, I can handle it” Eunjung notices the concern in Hyomin’s tone; she doesn’t want the latter to bear any unnecessary burden than she has to.

“Alright then” Hyomin drops the topic for it will only stressing Eunjung out.

“By the way, do you have any plan for new year celebration?” Hyomin rests her chin at her palm watching her friend enjoying her late dinner.

“Why? Are you having some holiday off?” Eunjung asks, surprised because the restaurant Hyomin works doesn’t always be closed for long holiday such a new year.

“ Yes, restaurant will be closed 2 weeks straight this year, Mr Lee wants to give us some break, so some could go back their hometown” Hyomin announces happily.

“I didn’t know you would be having such a long break” Eunjung sounds like she regrets making some decision and Hyomin can detect it.

“Hey, I just ask, I didn’t even have a solid plan” Hyomin states

“Would you like to come on a holiday trip with me and Soohyun? We planned for a one week trip in France” Eunjung invites

“Nah I’m good, Soohyun is going to kill me for being such a useless third wheel” Hyomin laughs at her lame joke while she is dying inside, she literarily hears her own shattering heart … again

“Are you sure?” Eunjung asks,“ I believe he will be happy to have you” she doesn’t sound convinced though

“Thank you but really I’m better off not going with you guys” Hyomin denies firmly, “ Besides, my mom called this morning, they hoped I could go home for new year holiday, and I missed them too.

“Wish I knew sooner, I missed my parents too” Eunjung sighs

“Hey, it’s not like you can go Europe every weekend, just go and enjoy it, we can visit hometown anytime” Hyomin reasons while her selfish part is screaming for Eunjung not to go, but who is she to do so.

“Let’s plan for our next trip to hometown together” Eunjung suggests and Hyomin smiles

 

Hyomin opens a Christmas gift Eunjung just gave her, the latter said she found it at the mall today. Hyomin would be a fool to believe, it’s obviously a custom-made brand watch, with detailed items of silverware inside it. Hyomin wants to cry and smile at the same time

Why do you have to make it hard for me?

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

Hyomin’s POV

Not much has changed, or at least how I look at them don’t change much, given that it’s almost a year that I haven’t visited my hometown. The street, the trees, bus stops and shops along the road into my neighborhood stand the same as if I was yesterday that I passed them. Even though I don’t often come back my hometown, I see my parents quite often considered for they always make time and visit me where I live instead, as their only daughter, I can imagine how they must miss me and I never doubt their love for me and as their favorite daughter, I decided to come home for New Year holiday and spend time with them, or probably that’s my excuse to save myself from loneliness.

When I reach the front gate of my parents’ house, I am greeted by the homecoming vibe, where my father in his favorite jeans and polo shirt in the front yard is doing lawn removing and as soon as he gets a glimpse of my car he shouts in joy.

“Honey, our Hyominie is home!”

The next thing I know, I’m squeezed in between their hugs. My parents don’t hold back their feeling, and this makes me feel secured since I was kid.

“Oh, isn’t Eunjung coming with you?”

My attempt not to think of a particular someone almost succeeds, not until my mom releases me from her hug and notices that I’m here all by myself, her eyebrow knits as though it’s very unusual that I survive making a trip on my own but I can’t blame her though, it’s more usual when either me or Eunjung would come home to visit our parents who live next door to each other, and are neighbors since I could remember, we , most of the time, end up coming hometown together on the same trip whether it’s necessary or not.

I couldn’t be wrong to think that things stay the same, I realize it just now that homecoming is drastically not the same with the fact that Eunjung is not coming with me this time.

“She has something else to do” I come up with the best answer I could

“Aren’t you guys fighting?” My father asks, curious

“Of course not, dad” I deny

“I don’t think anyone has a heart to argue with such that sweet kid” My mom adds, as endearing as it sounds

“That makes it sound like you adore your neighbor’s daughter more than me” I pout at my mom who just smiles when I act hurt hiding a fact that I’m happy every time my mom mentions about Eunjung lovingly

“How can I?” With that my mom gives me another hug, the hug that makes it worth driving 4 hours straight for.

 

After catching up with my parents, it’s time for me to take a little nap before I get ready for family dinner which I nostalgically missed it.

It would be much better if you were here

Why does it so hard to control your thought? The harder I try to block it out, the more I think about it, the further I try to step away, the closer I wish I could get to you . I seriously need some distraction, and again that reminds me why I’m here, my getaway. At this rate, I come to realize it doesn’t seem to work at all, it even brings me further down the memory lane of our younger years when there were me and you, only us, and never imagined someone would take you away from me.

Moving into a new place wasn’t fun for an eleven years-old girl old who found it hard to befriend with other kids, especially when it had already took her for years to make few close friends at her old school, and the idea of living in the outskirt even portrayed the worse imagination scenario for Hyomin. If only she was a rebellious kind or spoiled kid stereotype, her parents would have expected a tantrum from the girl, but Hyomin, was quite the opposite, she was quite obedient and rational for kid her age, brought up by very smart yet understanding and loving parents, she couldn’t ask for more. And Hyomin could never thank her parents enough for making such a choice.

Friendly and sister-like smile, was the very first impression Hyomin found in Eunjung, a daughter of their next door neighbors who came over to introduce themselves and gave away the traditional cookies as a welcome gift a custom of this region. Through their parents’ greeting and introduction, Hyomin found Eunjung was slightly one year older than her, but they were at the same grade, for the reason as why Eunjung was one year slower at school, it wasn’t mentioned but that fact wasn’t a big deal for Hyomin, cause once her eyes found Eunjung’s, she knew it right away that she found a friend in her, and for the very first time in her life making friend was just a blink of eyes. Hyomin didn’t recall the exact moment they became close, it was like they were just there and became close effortlessly and by the time they knew it, they became clingy to one another and as time went by they became inseparable.

“Get up sleepyhead”

At 15 years old, Hyomin wasn’t sure if anyone would ever wake up to such a soft and quiet wake-up whisper like, in Hyomin’s case, she chose to open her eyes to see a person who sat next to her bed and then continued to sleep, and it had always been this way, every times Eunjung would come to wake her up, Hyomin ended up being late and always found Eunjung sat there next to her bed until she waked up by herself. Hyomin would always find herself running around in hurried and complained while Eunjung would just smile and say

“I don’t have a heart to disturb your sleep”

As sweet as it sounded, Hyomin could never understand why Eunjung even bothered to come and wake up her from the first place if she couldn’t bring herself to disturb her best friend while she was sleeping.

 

Dazed and confused, Hyomin woke up to the dim light in her room, after a short nap, judging by the low natural light provides in the room without the light on, she figures it must be around late evening now, reaching out for her device to confirm the time, she realized she fell as well almost 3 hours, besides the time, her eyes fell upon notification on her screen .Several messages were from Eunjung and a recent missed calls are also from her.

 

*Say hello to your parents for me, wish I could go with you*, 1:30 PM

*Are you there yet? Let me know when you get there* , 2:20 PM

*I took it as you are still driving and can’t reply me, drive safe*, 2:23 PM

*Hey, you’ve not read my messages, I’ll be at the meeting in a few minutes, reply me when you can*, 3:00 PM

2 Missed calls – 4:03 PM

 

Hyomin is ready to call back when she hears the knock on the door, and before she can answer the door, her mother pops her head at the door

“Eunjung called me to ask if you have arrived, and I told her you did” Her mom informs

“You should have let her know, she sounded worried” She adds

“I was going to call her” Hyomin holds up her phone

“Making people waiting without knowing nothing is like a torturing them you know” Her mom lectures, with her loving and motherly tone, it carries nothing but means well.

“I’m sorry mom” Hyomin sighs, “ I didn’t mean to forget”

“Someone there deserves to hear this” Her mon smiles assuring

“I’m calling her now” Hyomin smiles back

“Alright, I’ll let you go and be ready for dinner” She smiles before closing the door for her

“Thanks mom” Hyomin’s voice tails after the closing of the door.

 

Hyomin is patiently waiting while making a phone call, the first call back fails, when there is no answer and it repeats its pattern for the second and third call, Hyomin frowns, she starts typing instead

*I am sorry I missed your calls, I fell asleep after arriving* – Hyomin

*Aright *- Eunjung

Shot and blunt the reply is, but it’s enough to make Hyomin sigh inwardly, she knows her best friend way too well, and she can imagine Eunjung’s face on the other end, sulking, for a moment Hyomin smiles at this very action.

* I’m sorry, I’m a bad person for making you worry *– Hyomin

*Pretty, pretty please answer my call *– Hyomin

Hyomin tries again, her smile grows wider for some reason when the call is answered, and she won’t miss her chance to apologize to her best friend for keeping her worried, as usual, Eunjung can’t stay mad at her that long, Hyomin knew it.

 

 

------------------------------------------

 

Started her day feeling quite gloomy as if she slept on the wrong side of her bed, she can’t be more wrong, what is there for her not to understand this uneasy feeling creeping up inside her every time she sees cute couple selfie on her best friend’s Instagram, she can’t suppress this human feeling, it seems to be triggered for an obvious reason,she is just human after all, it’s normal for her to get jealous. Hyomin slides off her phone screen, not wanting to see any more update and how happy other friends are commenting on the photo, she has enough of it.

“Probably it’s time to make new photos”

The same old things, but in different time, different moments, then you may see it in different view, like what Hyomin is seeing now. She’s revisiting places around her neighborhood on a blue 70s Volkswagen Beetle that belongs to her father, it’s kinda old but still functioning, given her father credit for such a good maintenance, and stops by a café that she doesn’t think she has visited before.

“We’ve just run this café for 3 months”

Hyomin’s curiosity is confirmed by an owner of the café, she came over to greet Hyomin by herself out of her curiosity, for she has never seen Hyomin before.

“Originally, I was born in Seoul but my family moved here when I was around 11, I’ve grown up here but moved back to Seoul for collage and work, I come here to visit my parents at least once a year” Hyomin can’t believe she literarily just told her short bio to totally stranger, it must be a fact that the lady she is talking to look unharmed despite a cold aura-like but it didn’t shake her at all, she has used to it spending all collage year with her friend Jessica.

“That’s why” Her eyebrow knit get loosen as if she gets the answer she needed

“Oh, by the way, I’m Bae Joohyun, it’s nice to meet you” Joohyun gives Hyomin a friendly smile

“Park Hyomin, it’s nice to meet you too” Hyomin smiles back awkwardly

“I’ve seen you taking pictures of passersby, by any chance, are you some short of a photographer ?” Joohyun seems interested

“I’m not doing it for a living, actually I’m a chef” Hyomin tells

From there, a café owner and a chef starts enjoying their conversation for similar interest and few things they have in common until it’s time for Hyomin to move to her next location as planned, but Hyomin promised to come back cause she likes the coffee here so much, she would also recommend this café on her channel, Joohuyn feels very honored about it.

Hyomin gets into a blue vehicle with smile plastered on her face, for the first time of the day she feels like posting something on her story so she does. After doing so, she places down her camera and bag at a seat next to her then for a moment, a wave of old school days rushed over her, it felt like yesterday when Hyomin and Eunjung enjoyed their teenage life, getting on a borrowed car and headed to a party at their old friend’s, they were young and free.

Eunjung should be recommended of this place, she will love it

Hyomin can’t really stop thinking of her best friend.

By the time Hyomin reaches the last place her list, the sun is beautifully setting, Hyomin inhales the salty air, while appreciating the breathtaking scene before her. She then sits there on the white sand, closing her eyes and let the breeze hit her face, this time she doesn’t hold back her mind anymore, memories after memories came back to life, Hyomin let it got into her.

 

It was the first time that the two families decided to have a weekend picnic together at this beach, the two girls found it more fun to look for nutshell and built their sand castles

“Yours is more pretty” Eunjung looked at Hyomin’s sand castle with envy, she wasn’t an artistic genius and hers just looked like what was built by little kid

“Your castle is pretty too” Hyomin didn’t want to hurt her friend’s feeling though she didn’t find it look like the castle

“Don’t lie, I know this is not my thing” Eunjung sounded irritating

“Do you want my help then?” Hyomin offered in hope to raise up her spirit

“No, I’m giving up” Eunjung broke down her ugly castle, she sighed before getting up and abruptly walked away leaving Hyomin speechless

Eunjung decided to look back , Hyomin was still there , sitting still staring at nothing, until she saw a shadow above her

“I don’t want to build my castle when I know I am not good at it, can I just stay in your castle?” Eunjung asked hopeful

“Sure thing” Hyomin looked up and smile

 

At 16 years old, Hyomin wasn’t yet ready prepared for an overwhelming event in her life, a sudden confess from a boy, who she had to reject for she didn’t feel the same for him, then a tragedy of the same boy who got killed in a car accident two week after which caused a huge emotional impact on Hyomin even nobody blamed her for that, and nor that she should have blamed herself, she somewhat, felt guilty about it, after attending his funeral, Hyomin asked her father to drop her at the beach with Eunjung following her.

“What if I…” Hyomin was stopped in the mid-sentence for Eunjung knew what she was thinking

“It wouldn’t help, it had nothing to do with you rejecting him, and it wouldn’t even change anything, this was all destined” Eunjung said patiently

“At least I could make him happy for his last two weeks of his life” Hyomin tiredly uttered

“If only you could foresee tomorrow, we have so such ability, neither you do” Eunjung reasoned

“Do you think he would remember me the way I hurt him?” Hyomin turned to face Eunjung by her side

“I don’t know if it hurt more to be lied or be told the truth, he might feel relieved once he could confess, and now his soul may rest in peace in God’s arm” Eunjung tried her best to comfort her best friend

“Would he hate me up there?” Hyomin mumbled

“Stop it Hyomin, you are not to take the blame and we all know that” Eunjung raised her voice impatiently, she knew how emotional Hyomin was right now, but she couldn’t take it anymore, as well as Hyomin, she couldn’t hold it anymore , she broke down with all the pressure she couldn’t take.

Eunjung was shocked and at verge of crying too but who Hyomin could rely on if she was at her vulnerable state too, Eunjung kneeled down and gave Hyomin a hug, the younger wouldn’t stop trembling until Eunjung gave her a kiss on her forehead and stared into Hyomin’s eyes. She wished she could take away Hyomin’s pain.

“He will love you for being true to him and to yourself”

It wasn’t until a month later when the boy’s parents came to Hyomin’s house and showed her his journal. That was when the truth was told. It turned out that the boy was so relieved that he confessed to Hyomin and at the same time felt grateful, he was upset after the confession, but he was surprised that he didn’t feel heart-broken, that was when he realized his own feeling for his best friend who was there for him, and he had the first best kiss with him that night, his heart found its owner.

All guilt was suddenly lifted up from Hyomin’s heart and she was back to herself again, with Eunjung by her side whispering

“I told you”

Coming of age was always confusing and lost, but not for Hyomin and Eunjung who found what they needed to do with their lives, what dreamed they were to chase. Two best friends were lying on the white sand, picturing their dreams and couldn’t wait to take the new adventure of their college life, more freedom, more responsibility and more people to meet.

“ I can’t wait to do everything on my own” Hyomin sounded so exited

“ Me too” Eunjung agreed

“I’m gonna have my parents’ house back in Seoul all for myself” Hyomin exclaime ,happy

“It’s great” Eunjung looked up in the sky

“You can come and stay with me, there are plenty rooms more than enough for two and you’re welcome” Hyomin offered, expecting.

“Thank you, but I think I want to experience a dorm life first, I don’t wanna miss it out” Eunjung knew she was more than welcomed at Park’s house but like she knew what she wanted

Though she was a bit disappointed, Hyomin knew it was no point to convince Eunjung, she wasn’t going to change her mind once it was set, however she reassured Eunjung would always be welcomed in case she didn’t prefer her dorm life .

“Eunjung” Hyomin called

“Um” Eunjung knew her best friend really had something to say

“Do you think we will drift apart when we grow older?” Hyomin was serious, and something in her voice was telling Eunjung that she was scared

“What make you think so?” Eunjung didn’t answer right away but replied with question

“I don’t know” Hyomin’s answer was empty. “ It’s probably the fact , time goes by, things change, people change” She stated the certainty of the universe.

“You will change, I will change” Eunjung added, Hyomin had a bittersweet smile on her face

“Time will tell” Eunjung came to a conclusion

“ Right” Hyomin knew she wouldn’t get a promise from this girl, she didn’t usually make one if she didn’t know she could keep it, at this rate it made her heart sank of the thought that they wouldn’t be together one day.

“But always remember us this way, and remember that I love you”

Eunjung said without looking straight in Hyomin’s eyes but instead up in the sky like a promise whisper to universe, while her hand found its way to intertwined with Hyomin’s . Either the “I love you” was meant for their friendship love or sister love, Hyomin could careless, those three words were counted, they echoed loudly in Hyomin’s head, sparked her heart and imprinted deeply in her soul, it was the day she could never forget.

 

“Do you plan to be washed away into the sea by the wave?”

Hyomin abruptly opens her eyes, it’s not the question but voice that takes her by surprise.

“How did you get here?” Hyomin can’t believe the person she is talking now is Eunjung, it felt just like Eunjung from her memory travelled through a time machine and be standing here next to me.

“Of course by car, silly” Eunjung holds her laughter at Hyomin’s expression, “ I can’t fly cause I don’t have wings and you know that” She jokes

“I mean you said you would go for a holiday trip with …Soohuyn” Hyomin can’t get over her aweing state

“It was cancelled at last minute and Soohyun has to make a trip to take care of his family business” Eunjung reasons, there is something in the way Eunjung’s eyes that Hyomin feels foreign about it, something she can’t quite detect.

“Aw, I am sorry to hear that” A part of her feels happy that Eunjung isn’t going anywhere with her boyfriend, but bigger part of her, Hyomin feels bad, she knows it’s better to see Eunjung happy.

“Well, nothing to be sorry for, I’m happy to be back here” Eunjung looks at the horizon, Hyomin follows, the sun has already set, leaving the vanilla sky that provides enough light for them .

“I miss this sky” Hyomin mumbles, audible enough for Eunjung to hear

“Me too” Eunjung closes her eyes and savors the moment of peace, Hyomin follows suit.

A moment later, Hyomin feels a pair of arm wrapping around her waist from her side and forms a side hug. It’s not like something she would complain, on the contrary she loves it, and at the moment, she realizes what it really feels like to return home.

---------------------------------------------------

“Get up sleepyhead”

This is not a dejavu, it’s actually happening. Eunjung, at her late twenties, never changes a bit when it comes to waking up Hyomin, same old wake-up whisper that lulls Hyomin into deeper sleep, while Eunjung just looks around Hyomin’s bedroom and in the end her stare would still fall upon a sleeping figure, until she stirs up.

“Care to tell me why you are waking me up Ms Hahm?” Hyomin is half awake and wishes she could continue sleeping, she dips her nose into the pillow ignoring her best friend who seems to enjoy reading a book by now.

“We are going to weekend fresh market” Eunjung doesn’t lift her eyes from the book

“Sorry, I forget” Hyomin apologizes

“What do I expect?” Eunjung sarcastically snaps which earns her a growl from her best friend, but she doesn’t flinch a bit, her attention is fully given to a book.

“What’s so interesting?” Hyomin asks

“It’s an old book I’ve read it before” Eunjung puts it down

“That’s the whole point of my question, why do you keep re-reading the same book over and over?” Hyomin sits up on her bed while yawning.

“Re-reading a book makes you notice something you didn’t see before” Eunjung’s wise words in the morning makes it way to a drowsy girl’s head, she remains silent for minutes.

“Don’t sleep sitting up, it’s bad for your back” Eunjung snaps Hyomin back

“I’m not sleeping” Hyomin bawls

“Alright, get into shower and I’ll give you not more than 15 minutes, fresh market doesn’t wait” Eunjung gives her pressure

“Aish, why didn’t you wake me up earlier then?” Hyomin complains then disappears into her bathroom, and misses to Eunjung’s answer, or Eunjung didn’t intend for Hyomin to hear it anyway.

 

15 minutes precise, Hyomin shows up in the kitchen where Eunjung has been chatting with Hyomin’s mother. Both ladies smile at the sight before them.

Hyomin dresses casually yet pretty in peach color blouse and white short, her hair falls loosely for her quick shower

“My cutie pie” Mrs Park addresses her adorably

“Mommmm” Hyomin whines

“Isn’t she cute Eunjung ah?” Mrs Park asks

“Yes, she is pretty” Eunjung compliments

“I know right” Hyomin is now full of herself

“Can I take that back?” Eunjung acts regretful for complimenting

“What said is said and I know it’s true” Hyomin says confidently

“Thank you for being patient with her, Eunjung ah” Hyomin’s mother shakes her head

“You’re welcome auntie” Eunjung responds to Mrs Park’s playful remark

 

And before they are too late for the market, Eunjung excuses themselves and drags Hyomin with her, they decide to get there by a blue cute Beetle, it roars into the road with windows down for fresh air.

 

“Do you remember how we operate this?” Hyomin contemplates which side of a cassette tape she shall insert into its holder.

“Just maneuver the car, I’ll take care of it” Eunjung snatches a cassette tape from Hyomin’s hand, then plays around with a few button until the song is being played, it’s her father’s favorite band, but it’s not hard for her to sing along hearing it over and over. If Eunjung finds re-reading a book fascinating, then Hyomin loves listening to the same old songs, for they bring back some certain moments and memories.

 

There are places I remember

All my life, though some have changed

Some forever not for better

Some has gone and some remain

 

While Hyomin hums along, Eunjung rests her arms on the window edge and enjoys listening to the song and soon Eunjung joins the singing.

 

All these places had their moments

With lovers and friends I still can recall

Some are dead and some are living

In my life, I’ve loved them all

 

The old high school comes into view while they pulling into the main road, it was repainted but same old architecture remains, as if stands there to greet generation after generation

 

But of all these friends and lovers

There is no one compares with you

And these memories lose their meaning

When I think of love as something new

 

The church that Eunjung’s family always went for religious ceremony and Sunday service never loses its holy spirit. Though Hyomin’s family is non-religious, Hyomin finds this church bewitching

 

Though I know I’ll never lose affection

For people and things that went before

I know I’ll often stop and think about them

In my life, I love you more

In my life, I love you more

 

For a moment, Hyomin focus on the road ahead and misses to catch a glimpse of Eunjung’s side glance when she sings along the last outro line

In my life, I love you more

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Their green grocery shopping is fun and refreshing as they have been weighed down with so much burden living their modern, two best friends with their arms linked strolling along, it has been so long since they last visited such a fresh market like this, they could find any fresh market in town but nothing was like this, as Hyomin put it “Full of life” and Eunjung can’t agree more, this place is amazingly full of life, it’s not only things they sell but their smile, it’s not only where people gather to buy and sell thing, it’s the existence of community.

“Are you really coming here to buy stuff for cooking?” Eunjung shoots Hyomin a sarcasm but the latter isn’t shaken by it, she has been used to it.

Occasionally, Hyomin would lift up her camera and snap candid pictures of Eunjung which she complains for not letting her know in advance so she can pose perfectly

“Don’t bother, you look ugly anyway” Hyomin teases

“Yah” Eunjung acts mad

“You look perfect anyway” Hyomin corrects, her tone doesn’t hint that she is being playful

Satisfied Eunjung smiles

“Hyomin, these strawberries are reall…..”

Eunjung’s sentence is cut short when Hyomin seems to run into a person she knows, Eunjung follows the way Hyomin is looking at someone, they greet each other happily, Eunjung can’t make it out where she has seen her before, but for sure she doesn’t know her, until Hyomin introduces her to a new comer that’s when Eunjung can figure out where she has seen her …. in Hyomin’s story.

The moment, Bae Jihyun steps in, Eunjung knows she is completely forgotten. And it’s not until, they have to say goodbye, when Hyomin notices that she loses Eunjung, she is not around anymore.

“Why can’t she just answer her phone?” Hyomin is getting impatient after the second time, she stops, the maket can be too noisy.

Guilt starts kicking in now she realizes she has ignored Eunjung, she frantically searches for her around the market, until she reaches a stall which sells red bean fish cake, guilt hits her even harder, Eunjung must be waiting in line to buy her favorite fish-shape cake, it’s something Eunjung always does for her though it’s not something Eunjung like to eat.

Her smile gets across her face once Eunjung turns her way, but soon it turns into panic, Hyomin can’t think straight but does it straight away, her next move widens Eunjung eyes as well, it is too fast when Hyomin dashes her way to shield Eunjung from a fallen stand

 

TO BE CONTINUED

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Author note: This part tells more about EunMin's part, and how Hyomin fell for Eunjung effortlessly. For the next chapter, the end part will focus on Eunjung’s POV, please stay tuned.

Sorry for those who doesn’t know what a cassette tape is, this is an old school gadget we had for music playing lol, for those who knows what it is, congrat. we are survivors in millennial era lol.

For MinYeon fans, please hang in there, MinYeon story is on its way. Apologies for any typos