Fin

Love Alone

 

(Inside Yeji’s car)

 

“Tell me the truth or we can stay here forever. And you know i’m not kidding. I have all the time in the world for you, dearie.” Yeji smugly said, raising one of her eyebrow with her annoying-challenging smirk.

 

Ryujin sighed and folded her arms in front of her chest as she’s contemplating on what she should do next. Or more like, what she should say next. She knows Yeji won’t leave her alone until she gets the explanation that she demanded.

 

“Yah.. say something.” Yeji nudged the super quiet Ryujin.

Honestly, it starts to worry Yeji seeing how quiet Ryujin becomes. And she looks so deep in her thought. Yeji wish she could help the younger to solve whatever problem she has right now.

Yeji pried not because she’s being nosy. But because she worries for Ryujin and she wanted the younger to share her problem with her instead of keeping them all alone.

 

“Are you dumb or that dense, Hwang Yeji?! I ran because it hurts to see it!” Ryujin screamed, fighting back her tears.

 

Yeji looked surprised with the sudden outburst. “S-See what?”  And she went even more panic when she sees tears running down from Ryujin’s eyes.

 

“See you and her! I cry because it hurts to stay and see you and your girlfriend. I love you, Hwang Yeji!! So ing much. But i know you will never love me back. So you tell me now! Tell me what should i do with this stupid heart of mine?! Please.. tell me. Please do something about it. Please..” Ryujin sobbed.

 

Ryujin’s brain suddenly went blank. She can barely registered anything. The last thing she remembered is seeing Yeji’s face so close to hers. Before she closed her eyes. And feel something so soft and wet against her trembling lips.

 

Yeji kissed her. On lips.

 

Yeji only kiss Ryujin’s deeper when she heard a soft moan escaping the shorter girl’s lips.

 

Ryujin doesn’t want to think. At least just for this one, she wanted to stop thinking about anything and just let Yeji to kiss her.

 

Ryujin circled her arms around Yeji’s neck and deepen the kiss.

 

They kissed until they finds it hard to breathe so they reluctantly leaned away from each other but keeping a close distance between their bodies, as if none want to be separated from each other, which is true.

They are both still panting from the breathless kiss they just shared. With their flushed face, shyly looking at each other.

 

“Pabo.. didn’t i tell you to not love me? Why you still do? I’m a mess, Ryujin-ah. How i can let you to love me when i myself can’t? I hate myself. You shouldn’t love something as bad as me. And please don’t ever say that again..”

 

“Say what? That i love you?”

 

“No. It feels nice actually to hear you say that out loud to me. Just please, don’t so confidently said that i will never love you back. That hurts me. Am i not good enough to you? I’ve been loving you all this time. I never stop. Maybe after all, my love for you is not enough so you never feel it. I’m sorry. For being so lacking. Only bring you trouble and headache. I should have treated you better.” Yeji hungs her head low, feeling disappointed and hating herself.

 

“Hey, no.” Ryujin holds Yeji’s head and gently raise it up so their eyes meet again. “I feel it. But you keep being so ambigious with your act and all. You literally dated everyone and flirted with everyone. How can i be sure? You confused me a lot, Hwang Yeji. And my feeling for you scared me. I don’t want to hope. I can’t risk it. Yet i keep on falling for you. Deeper and deeper each time i see you. Even now after confirming that our feelings are mutual, i still feel scared.” Ryujin awkwardly smiled.

 

“Of what?” Yeji took Ryujin’s hand in hers and  drawing small circles on it.

 

“I don’t know. It feels like you’re unreachable even when i can touch you like this. It’s like even though we both love each other, i can’t have you. You don’t do relationship, right? You didn’t do love.”

 

“Yeah. I always said that. You know why?”

 

Ryujin shook her head.

 

“Because i thought the one i want to do relationship with, will never be in a relationship with me. I thought the one that i love will never love me. That’s why. I don’t want to do it if it’s not with you, Ryujin-ah.”

 

“It’s true that i don’t want someone love me because i myself don’t love me. How can i love someone who loves something that i don’t? But for you, i will try. Harder than ever. To love myself and make myself to be deserving of your love. It might take some times. So i need you to be patient with me. Can you do that? Do you mind to wait for me?”

 

“Can you stop asking me stupid questions that you already know the answer? Now please just shut up and use that mouth for a better purpose. Kiss me, idiot.”

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

(Epilogue) 

 

 

Have you ever wonder how these two met and became close? They’re like water and fire. Too different, as if they are coming from a total different world. So how on earth these two different species become inseparable like now?

 

It’s all begin when Yeji was an 11th grader, and Ryujin an 10th grader.

As a freshman, Ryujin has to choose what club she wants to join.

With her big interest and talent in dancing, she decided to join the modern dance club without much thinking.

Ryujin joined the dance club with her best friend, Chaeryeong and met Yeji there, as the dance club vice president.

 

It starts from a mutual adoration that both stored for each other when they see each other’s flawless-sharp dance moves on stage for the first time on the showcase.

Both are amazed at each other’s dancing skill.

But Ryujin being a timid-introvert junior she is, she decided to kept mum and being the vice president’s secret admirer, closet fangirl while keep adoring her in silence.

 

So Yeji thought it’s just the younger girl that caught her attention while Ryujin has no interest at her.

And it irked Yeji more. She felt challenged. To get the younger girl’s attention just like how she gets everyone’s attention on her. Everyone except Shin Ryujin.

 

Yeji always tried to make a conversation with Ryujin whenever she got the chance to, even openly-shamelessly flirted with her. But their progress was still slow with Ryujin’s timidness and all.

Honestly, Yeji kinda scared Ryujin with her boldness. The older girl made her heart beats in weird-irregular beat whenever she’s around. So Ryujin tried to avoided the older.

 

Until one day. On a very eventful day..

When Ryujin was on stage, practicing hard for the show, maybe it’s just her bad luck, or her good luck? she slipped and almost had an ugly fall from the stage. But Yeji throw her body to catch Ryujin just in time.

Yeji did save Ryujin. But she got herself hurt because of that and needs to go to school infirmary. And of course Ryujin was the one who take her there.

 

“I’m sorry, unnie. I’m really thankful to you. I will surely repay your kindness to me one day. But you got hurt because of me. I’m really sorry,” Ryujin apologized as she hangs her head low, can’t bring herself to look at the injured vice pres.

 

“If you really feel guilty, then stay and look after me.”

 

“B-but i have class..”

 

“Aren’t you a smart kid from what i heard? Missing one or two classes won’t really did you a damage, Einstein.”

 

With that, Ryujin missed her class for the first time in her life and stayed beside Yeji until it’s time for them to go home.

Ryujin walked Yeji home, carefully hugging her senior’s small waist to support her as they walk while Yeji comfortably put her hand around Ryujin’s shoulder.

 

They talked and shared a lot of stories to each other that day.

And by the time they arrived in front of Yeji’s house, the two already become best buddies.

***

 

“Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~ Happ—“

 

“Unnie, it’s 4 AM in the morning. Can’t you wait for JUST a few more hours until we meet at school?!” Ryujin groaned out loud.

 

“You know IU, right?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Do you know her or not? Lee Ji Eun aka IU. That cute unnie with super soothing voice that can heal any broken soul.”

 

“Uh huh. Of course i know her. So what?”

 

“And Suzy?”

 

“Yeah..?”

 

“Those two are super close now but they used to be so awkward with each other at first. Had no interest for each other. Even when they met each other everyday for their drama ‘Dream High’ shooting. Until one day Suzy called IU, 4 AM, just to sing her happy birthday song. And started from then, they became so close.”

 

“And so your point is..?”

 

“I want to be close with you.”

 

Maybe it’s the sleepiness. Ryujin suddenly feels dizzy, light-headed.

Maybe she’s still not in her right mind. 4 AM. Not really a good time to think straight.

 

But the way Yeji said it.. so easily.. yet so sincerely.

Ryujin suddenly felt a rush of warmth washing over her.

 

She felt touched.

 

So with a big stupid smile that she tried to hide, she replied;

“Fine, weirdo unnie. Let’s do that.”

 

And they became inseparable ever since.


 

 

It's really the end, readers!

I hope i can read some comments from you. So i would know about your thoughts as well for this story. Whether i did good or not. Whether i should make another story or not.

And please upvotes for this story if you think it deserves to get your upvote. It means a lot for the author.

So, see you in my next story!