CHAPTER 8

The Unexpected

At Jennie's Apartment

Jennie: Sit there first *points at the couch* I'll be quick *winks*

Lisa: Okay *smiles*

She has a big apatment. Ohh, I bet she loves black and pink. *giggles* Wow, she looks gorgeous *looks at the big portrait on her left*

Jennie: *peeps through her door* Lili? Can you help me? Come here please. 

Lisa: *walks to Jennie's direction* With what? *smiles*

Jennie: Can you help me zip this down * pertaining to her dress as she turns around* 

Lisa: O.. ok.. okay.. The fudge. You will really be the death of this heart Jennie T.T 

Lisa held the zipper of Jennie's dress and it. Once she saw her , she suddenly looked at the side trying to unsee it. 

Ahh, I'll just sit on the couch. *blushed*

Jennie: Thank you Lili! *winks*

 

After how many minutes, Jennie came out, finding a dumbfounded Lisa. 

Jennie: *waves her hands at Lisa's face* Lisa ya! 

Lisa: *shocked* Ah! Sorry! *scratches her head*

Jennie: *smirks* So, why are you drooling? My Lili? *giggles*

Lisa: Whatttt?? *wiping her face with her hands*

Jennie: Naaah, Im just kidding! Let's go? You adorable thing! 

​​​​​​

..... 

At the Restaurant's Parking lot

Jennie: I'll just call them. *smiles*  *calling Manager Oppa*

Manager1: Hello Jennie? 

Jennie: Hello manager oppa! We're here at the parking lot already. 

Manager1: Okay, we will send the security there. Just wait for them, arasso? 

Jennie: Yes sir! *hangs up*

Manager oppa said the security will pick us up. *smiles*

Lisa: Okay *smiles*

 

The Team of Security fetch Jennie and Lisa at the parking lot. Once they arrived at the restaurant's lobby, Jennie excused herself and insisted to go alone to the comfort room. 

​​​​​​Lisa went inside the venue, all eyes on her as if they haven't seen her yet. But the reason why they have their eyes sticking at Lisa was because she really look stunning even though she's just wearing a pair of pants, white shirt, denim and a pair of Balenciaga.

Rose: Unnie, who is she? *amazed*

Manager 2: She's Lisa, Lauren's daughter. *smiles*

Rose: Really? Wow! She looks like a model! 

Manager 2: Ah wait, I'll call her. *waves her hand at Lisa* Lisa! Here! I reserved seats for you and Lauren unnie. 

Lisa: *mouthed okay**feeling shy* * went to their direction seeing a familiar face she hasn't met* *smiles nervously**Sits in front of the Manager*

Manager 2: Hello Lisa! What time will your mom come? 

Lisa: Ahh, she told me that she will just follow. *smiles*

Manager 2: Okay then! Btw, this is Chaeyoung park *smiles*

Rose: Hello Lisa *smiles* Call me rose instead! *offers a handshake*

Lisa: Ahhhh, she was the one singing with guitar. Nice to meet you rose! *smiles* *shakes hand*

Rose: *laughs* That handshake was too formal! *laughs* Sorry sorry! Let me give you a hug instead! 

​​​​​​*stood up and went to Lisa* *the manager went to the other staff*

Lisa gave her a hug while sitting. Little did they know that a pair of cat eyes were looking at them. Jennie saw how they had fun talking, she knows there's nothing wrong, but she doesn't want anyone to steal her Lisa specially by her bestfriend. 

Jennie: *walked to their direction* *coughs* 

Rose: Manduuuuuu! Give your bestfriend a hug! *opens her arm*

Jennie: Then come here you chipmunk. *stares at her blankly*

Rose: Wow! Someone's grumpy! *stands up and hugs her bestfriend*

Jennie: *hugs Rose* *laughs at herself* Jennie youuuu! ughhhh

*seats beside Lisa* What did you do this day chipmunk? 

Rose: Well.. I slept the whole day? *laughs* How about you? It's like you've woke up on the right side of the wrong bed? *laughs*

Lisa: Oh men. She is scary.. and hot. Why is she like this, did something happen? 

Jennie: Stop laughing at me chipmunk. Im okay. I really am.. I dont know, maybe it was just because of the headache I had this morning. *smiles*

Lisa: *whispers at her* Did something happen at the comfort room? Are you okay. 

Jennie: *signaled with a thumb sign and mouthed im okay without looking at Lisa*

Lisa: Okay.. Have I done something wrong?? 

Rose: Oooooh, there is something fishy between this two. *giggles* You two know each other?? 

​​​​​​"Yes" the both of them said. Jennie was about to speak when.. 

Lauren: Jennie slept in our house yesterday my dear *laughs* And, you were supposed to be with us yesterday. 

Lisa: Mooom! *stood up, kissed her mom on the cheek*

Rose: Ohhhhhh. Jennie, spill! *giggles* Hello eomma! Next time next time *hugs Lauren then looks at Jennie with a smirk*

Jennie: Whattt?? *she mouthed* 

Eommaaaaa! *hugged Lauren*

Lauren: Sooo, how was your date? *smiled*

Rose: YAAAA, MANDU! WHY DIDNT U TELL YOUR BESTFRIEND YOU HAD A DATE?? 

Jennie: LISA and I *looked at Rose* went to a cafe earlier eomma. We had fun. *smiled* Right, Lili? 

Lisa: A.. ahhh, y.. yyeah *smiled*

Lauren: Good to hear! 

​​​​​​

The dinner party started, Lauren started telling stories about her life, her family and Lisa was laughing at Rose because she didn't imagine that she could eat that much. 

Jennie: *leaned at Lisa* Were you surprised? *laughs* she really eats like a monster! *laughs*

Lisa: Yeah! Actually! *laughs* Finally! You talked with me. 

​​​

Jennie received a text message. 

to: Mandu

So.. You had a date with Lisa ayt? And you slept in their house! WAAAAAAH. Spill, Mandu! Spill! 

from: Chipmunk

 

to: Chipmunk

​​​​​They just offered me to stay there because I drank a lot, okay?? It's not a date. We just talked abt something. I have nothing to spill!

from: Mandu

 

to: Mandu

Oh really???? I won't stop bothering you! Kekeke~

P. S: Im your bestfriend/sister. I know ya! 

from: Chipmunk

Jennie: *rolled her eyes at Rose* 

Rose: *laughing* If you wont spill mandu, I'll do something else! kekeke~

 

​​​​​​Now, a staff started a program and asked Jennie to come forward. They made her talk, and there she was, shining. Lisa can't get her eyes off Jennie, and Rose was smiling, seeing how Lisa was all eyes over her bestfriend. Maybe, it's her bestfriend's time to fall in love.. 

 

​​​​​​Staff: Now, it's time for the staff to perform in front of our Jennie! Yes Jennie, we prepared a surprise for you! 

All of the staff, except for Rose, Lauren and Lisa, went in front as they let Jennie sit in front of them. The staff started doing certain acts.. Singing.. Dancing.. As it ended, Jennie and the other gave them a standing ovation, and Jennie grab the microphone and thanked them. 

Jennie: Wow.. That was amazing! I appreciate it a lot. Thank you guys, for continually supporting me and fighting with me in thos battle. Actually, this is ours..I really appreciate the time and the effort you've given to make these, to make everything possible! I love you! 

The staff were touched by Jennie's heart felt message. They hugged each other, sent their Congratulations to each other until.. 

Jennie: But! Why didn't eomma perform?? *pouts* then *laughs at the reaction of her eomma, she knows her eomma is not intl performing in front*

Lauren: I helped then think of what to do! *laughs*

Jennie: I think I wanna see eomma perform! Whatchathink guys?

Lauren: Ahhh no no! *laughs*

Staff: Lauren! Lauren! Lauren! 

Lisa: *laughing hard until.. 

Lauren: Okay okay guys. *Surrendered* A Manoban should perform right? Then, I'll surrender my daughter, Lisa! 

Lisa: Whaaaaaaaat??? Mommy???! 

Lauren: Yes guys, at least I have a representative, right Jennie? *laughs*

​​​​​Staff: Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! 

Jennie: *nodded and smiled at Lisa

They push Lisa in front, and now everyone is sitting, all eyes on her. She grabbed the microphone and then.. 

Lisa: Uhmm, I r.. rreallyy d.. dont.. know.. uhm.. 

Lauren: * went in front* C'mon baby! You are Lalisa Manoban! Show them what you've got! I gave them your USB, well, yes, I am prepared! *laughs* Aja! Just like the old times! *winks*

Lisa: Arraso.. Ill do it for you mom *smiles*

 

From the scared Lisa, her expressiom changed into a Game face. Everyone was expecting what she will do, until the music started. 

I like It by Nicki Minaj playing*

This is not the Lisa that Jennie met. Lisa then started grooving to the music. Everybody was left speechless specially Jennie. She was mesmerized by Lisa's power and gracefulness. She did not expect this. Jer heart was beating madly. 

Jennie: Oh.. my.. gosh.. 

Rose: * went beside Jennie* Yes, Jennie, OHMYGOSH! You are drooling! *smirks and laughs at her bestfriend*

Jennie: Shhhhhh *holds Rose' arm*

Lauren: Go babyyyyyyyyy!! 

Jennie: Yes.. Go babyyyyyy!! Ughhj, my heart's about to explodeeeeee

Rose: I didn't know that you really are a stage mother, eomma! *laughs*

Lauren: *laughs*

 

Lisa ended the dance cool. Everybody shouted for her and ger her an applause. They were asking her for more! And since she is on her confident state, she signaled Rose if she can borrow her guitar, Rose nodded and helped her set up. 

 

Lisa: I didn't mean to grab your night, Jennie. But since everyone has given me this chance, I would like to dedicate a song for this princess of yours*while looking at Jennie*. And, this is also a thank you, to everyone for taking care of my Mom while me and my dad were away. Thank you! *bows*

*started playing the guitar* Honey by Kehlani

I like my girl just like I like my Honey, sweet, a little selfish. 

I like my girl just like I like my money, green, a little jelly. 

Cause Im a beautiful wreck, a colorful mess but Im funny. 

Oh, Im a heartbreak vet, with a stons cold neck, yeah Im charming

Jennie: You wi be the death of me Lisa. What are you doing to me.. 

All the pretty girls in the world, but Im in this space with you *looks at Jennie like it was really dedicated for her*

Colored out the lines, I came to find, my fire was fate with you

Heartache would stay with you, fly great escapes with you. 

 

L​isa finished the song with an applause. She stood up and bowed to everyone. She was about to go to her mom's and Jennie's direction, but people surrounded her, greeting her how great she was. Lauren was just looking at them, feeling very proud of her daughter. On the other hand, Jennie was there, staring at Lisa lovingly like it was her world. 

 

Rose: ​​​​​​My bestfriend is whipped. *laughs* For the first time in forever, finally! Im happy for you mandu! Where have you been Lisa yaa *laughs*

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 8

I hope you still enjoy my story everyone! 

​​​​​​