Chapter 7

(Darahae Ver.) Trapped With My Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara sighed loudly as she tapped her foot on the asphalt waiting for that moment when she would be hurled out. “What is taking you so long?” she muttered loudly ignoring the glance of a passing woman. An hour has already passed and Donghae hasn’t even nudging her. Time is already ticking. I’m giving you 30 minutes, Donghae. 30 minutes. And if you don’t kick me out until then, I’ll be going to Jiyong.

 

She waited as she sat there, relaxing herself and feeling the cool air on her face—or Donghae’s face. It really feels so good to feel the wonders of nature. She swore when she gets back inside her body, she would never take advantage of anything ever again. She closed her eyes and waited.

 

And waited.

 

And waited.

 

She exhaled loudly as she opened her eyes and glanced at Donghae’s watch. 40 minutes. She had been sitting here for one hour and 40 minutes. She stood up as she adjusted Donghae’s bag. “Donghae. I’m sorry,” she apologized. “I have to take your body to Jiyong. It’s not like there’s going to be any difference since you are also going there right?” She gave a nod to herself. She just hoped Donghae can hear her… somewhere inside this body. She noticed that a kid was gaping at her as she talked to herself. “What?” she snapped and the little kid jumped then scampered away.

 

Looking around her, she decided the best route to go to would be at the bus stop and try to look for a map since she doesn’t even know which part of the city Donghae is working at.

 

She glanced at the people passing by her.

 

Or she could ask for directions, duh.

 

The three people she had asked as to what bus she would take to get to VIP Entertainment was really friendly and she had successfully boarded the correct bus and it only took 15 minutes for the bus to get there. Of course since she is not an ethereal being at the moment where she could just pass through the bus walls, she have to wait until the bus stops at the designated area and she had to walk a little bit more to get to the building. She looked up at the towering building for the VIP and remembered the mess that happened last night with Jiyong and the guards.

 

She was so close to giving up and she doesn’t want to think there would be hope that Jiyong would listen to a stranger but now she could at least try. And she should probably start by not telling Jiyong she was the woman who was missing. Inhaling deeply, she proceeded towards the undergound parking lot hoping the door would still be there.

 

Unless someone had already blocked that. She just hoped Jiyong didn’t. Now that he is running the company, for sure he would think of security and have the secret tunnel be barricaded since he wouldn’t know if they are the only ones who knew it existed. The only chance Dara have is if Jiyong had already forgotten about that.

 

There were two people chatting on the parking lot and she casually walked by acting as if she is looking for someone. She adjusted Donghae’s bonnet on his head and whistled tunelessly as she looked at the corner of her eye waiting for these people to get on their damn car and leave. After what seemed like forever, they finally heard her silent plea and got on their car. Dara acted as if she is fishing for a car keys beside a black chevy then lifted her head as she watched the tail fo the car drove out of the lot. She immediately went walked over to the farther, isolated part of the lot where she remembered a hidden elevator is located. There it is. And it never changed. Still had the OUT OF ORDER sign. Like, what the hell? Nobody visits this part of the parking lot? It was as dusty as ever. More so. And if this is a horror movie, it would be the perfect place to be haunted.

 

She snickered at that thought considering her current state. She passed the Out Of Order Sign and went inside the elevator. She got to her knees and lightly knocked the lower wall and smiled trumphantly when she heard the hollow sound it made. She placed her both her hand and slightly pushed. It didn’t budge. She tried again, a little bit harder this time. It only moved an inch. Well, it’s understandable since it has been so long. The dust must’ve gathered up. She decided to use her foot instead and just prayed no one could hear this. She gave a hard kick and and the portion of that hollowed wall fell backward revealing the same dark tunnel that she and Jiyong used to go to to get inside the building undetected. It would lead to a stock room by the 4th floor—yeah it’s going to be a long, exhaustive trek—but the 4th floor is Security-Free where no one will be asking for ID or a name and she can get inside the elevator and go to Jiyong’s office. No one is going to question or suspect her then since they would think she had already passed Security on the ground floor. And this would be the safest route in case Donghae’s face is already banned in this building.

 

She started to go on all fours and slipped through the hole but making sure to close the wall again making sure the secret is still safe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She is already sweating and huffing as she made her way through the tunnel. This tunnel is a lot bigger when she was a kid, why did this tunnel shrunk? She was walking with her waist bent down as she used Donghae’s phone for a light. And it’s much longer than she remembered. And more steep on the way up. Gawd! Donghae would probably have a sore back tomorrow.

 

She gave a loud groan as she turned to the left and saw another long upward trek. “When will this be over!” She was cursing all the way as her steps got slower and slower.

 

And she finally made it as she saw a faint yellow X marked on the ground. That is the mark that Jiyong had made when they were kids so that they would know where to stop. She looked up at the ceiling and put her hand against it. I swear if this is locked, I’m going to ram my head on it. She gave a grunt as she tried to push it up. A little too hard. It opened with a loud bang as it hit something.Drat. I thought it would be difficult to open. Shoulders tensing, she crouched down and listened for any sign of moving bodies.

 

Silence.

 

She slowly lifted herself up and peeked in. Looked right and left. Then sighed in relief. She hoisted herself up and quietly closed the door on the floor. Now that she looked at it, it’s no wonder nobody had ever found this out yet. The floor was made of tiles and if the secret door is closed, it looked just like a normal floor without any secrets.

 

She looked around her and the only difference she found is that the stock room is now completely filled up. From wrecked beds, worn out cabinets, destroyed desks…. It’s looking more like a junk room now. No wonder nobody ever visits here except to stock something. She caught a reflection of Donghae on a cracked mirror. Great, Donghae looked so dirty. She took off Donghae’s bonnet and used it to flick off any dust and dirt from his clothes. She turned it inside out and wiped the sweat off his face then brushed his hair back.

 

Okay, good enough. She gave a smile of satisfaction as Donghae’s reflection passed her neat standards.

 

She quietly open the door and peered out. There weren’t many people but they were all too busy with their phones that surely no one would notice her. She quickly stepped out of the room and put Donghae’s bonnet inside his bag. Clearing , she strode nonchalantly to the elevator making it look like she belonged here. An idea popped into her head and immediately looked for Donghae’s laced ID to pretend that he is an employee here.

 

The elevator opened and she immediately got in, pressing Jiyong’s floor. Now she can feel her heart hammering as she watched the numbers go up. She had been busy trying to plan how to get inside the tunnel that she hasn’t had time to plan on what to tell Jiyong. How will he believe her?

 

No, he wouldn’t. She just have to be realistic. No one in their right mind would believe her if she says she is Dara inside a man’s body. Donghae might even be accused of… something… criminal related thing and that is the last thing she wanted to happen to the man who already decided to help her.

 

The elevator dinged and she stepped out and saw the familiar floor of Jiyong’s office. The middle aged secretary is already there and she looked up when she heard her approach. She smiled in greeting.

 

“Good evening. How can I help you?”

 

“Hi,” she greeted back. “I have a meeting with Kwon Jiyong?” She hoped this will work.

 

“Oh tonight?” the secretary checked her papers. “I don’t see we have anything scheduled tonight. May I have your name, please?”

 

“Lee Donghae.” Then regretted telling them Donghae’s real name. She should gave a different name in case something bad happens.

 

The secretary browsed through her computer and frowned. “I don’t see a scheduled meeting with Lee Donghae.” She looked up at her. “Who did you set the meeting up with?”

 

“I believe it was his secretary,” Dara said. “Lee Mi Seok?”

 

“That… is me….”

 

Dara shrugged. “Then it’s you I’ve spoken with. You said you will schedule me at—” she glanced at the wall clock behind her. “—6:30 tonight. I thought it was a little odd the meeting was in the evening but… I should take whatever I can get, right?”

 

“Right….” The secretary looked confused probably trying to recall ever speaking to a Lee Donghae.

 

“It’s only for a couple of minutes. You can call Jaebu—Mr. Kwon Jiyong that I’m here for the demos.” It’s always everyday that Jiyong gets a lot of music demos brought by producers. She just hoped it would work.

 

“Oh, the demos.” A look of understanding crossed on her features. “Yes, I remember. Though I thought I have scheduled you for tomorrow at 10.” She checked her computer again. “Royal Records?”

 

Just her luck. “Yes. Royal Records.”

 

“Ha. I really had you scheduled here for 10 tomorrow.”

 

“That is impossible,” Dara said. “I would be flying to… Japan tomorrow and my flight is 5 in the morning. So there would be no way I would be scheduling that. Though you do sound distracted over the phone when I called. Maybe you got it mixed up?”

 

“Hmmm….” The secretary looked thoughtful probably considering that she did made a mess on the time. “I’m really sorry about that, Mr. Lee. I don’t know what happened. Let me just call our VP.” She picked her phone and dialled Jiyong’s extesion. “Yes, Mr. Kwon. I apologize, I must’ve mixed the schedule for the demo with Royal Records? I had it entered for 10 tomorrow but it seems like I had agreed with the meeting tonight at 6. Mr. Lee Donghae from Royal Records is already here. Yes, Mr. Kwon. I apologize again.” She placed the receiver down and smiled at Dara. “Mr. Kwon will see you now. Again, my apologies.”

 

“That’s alright,” Dara told her smiling widely. “Mess up happens. Thank you.”

 

She was feeling so nervous she’s afraid of tripping on Donghae’s feet but she managed to stay upright. She opened the door to Jiyong’s brightly lit office and saw him behind his desk. He immediately looked up and smiled. “Good evening, Mr. Lee.” He got up from his seat and extended his hand for a handshake. Dara couldn’t move for a second before she gathered her wits and shook his hand. Jiyong’s smiling face faltered then frowned and Dara realized she should’ve worn Donghae’s bonnet. How stupid is she! Jiyong would recognize the man who came and made a scene last night!

 

Jiyong let go of his hand and took a step back as he recognized that crazy man from last night. How did he managed to get past security? He started to walk backwards to his phone to buzz for his secretary to call guards but the man immediately held up a hand. “No no no. Please don’t. I’m completely harmless, I swear!”

 

Shoot, how should she do this? “I’m really sorry about last night. I was drunk. I mean….” Then she remembered what Donghae had told her of knowing Kwon Jiyong. “Do you remember me? I’m the… I’m the DJ that was invited to a party you were hosting. The DJ in SM Radio?”

 

Thank god. Jiyong had stopped advancing towards his phone to call for some securities to him out.

 

Jiyong stared at the guy in leather jacket and his dusty ripped up pants with his muddy boots. “What do you want?” He did remember hiring a DJ at an anniversary celebration but he couldn’t remember what that DJ looked like or whose DJ is it since he always hires DJs for every parties.

 

“Um… I uh… oh!” She rummaged inside Donghae’s bag and took out the discs that he had been recording his song earlier. Thank god I’m a genius. “I just… wanted to give you my demo tape and… I just wanted you to listen to it…. You… you do remember I was trying to give you a demo at the party but… your bestf—I mean a lady… interfered and told me there is… a ladder something. I just… I’m just an aspiring musician that had a dream.”

 

“That was four years ago.” He finally remembered it now though he is not sure of the DJs face since it was really dark. But yes, he did remember a DJ trying to hand him a demo and Dara suddenly cutting in and telling the DJ that there’s a hierarchy in the music business and one they had laughed over dinner because Dara felt that she becomes y when she’s drunk.

 

“Right. Right. Yes. I know,” Dara said with a nod. “I… I just decided to be courageous now and… sneak in because… because I’m dying. I only have three months to live.”

 

Jiyong’s face showed no reaction but he wasn’t pressing on the phone for some guards so that was a good sign.

 

“I… I am on the last stage of… stomach cancer,” Dara continued trying to appeal to Jiyong’s dominant sympathetic side.. “I just… I just wanted my music to… to live on… even when I’m gone.” Should she shed a tear or two? No, that would be too much.

 

Maybe later if it’s necessary.

 

“Why did you say you had information on the woman I was looking for when you came here last night?” Jiyong said testily.

 

Crap. “Men are always looking for some woman. That’s what I was doing and I thought that’s what everybody is doing so…. I was really drunk last night, I’m sorry.”

 

“You had stomach cancer and you were drinking?”

 

Dammit. “Yes. I’m already dying anyway,” Dara said doing some fast thinking. “I might as well die not restricting myself with the pleasures in life. Don’t you agree?”

 

Jiyong watched the strange man for a couple of minutes before he extended his hand motioning for him to hand him the demo disc.

 

That’s why I love you Jiyongie. You’re so nice! Dara handed him Donghae’s disc. Though I would have to lecture you about easily trusting a stranger when I get back. She watched as Jiyong worked on putting the disc on a compact player beside his computer, missing him more and more. That witch girl was right. It’s a lot more comfortable to have emotions when you have a body. Then she caught of Donghae’s reflection on the glass window wearing a sappy expression. She immedately composed it before Jiyong looked at him, suspicion still on his eyes. They waited until the music played.

 

Or a set of music notes.

 

Dara’s eyes widened as Jiyong’s eyes went to her, his brows furowing deeply. “Is this some kind of a joke?”

 

The disc just had sounds of fine tuning an instrument and none of the music Donghae was playing earlier. Maybe she took out a wrong disc. She rummaged Donghae’s bag trying to find the correct one then paused. What is she even doing? She isn’t here to give out a demo tape. Jiyong is now listening and she should take advantage of that. She bit her lip before turning back to Jiyong who was still leaning on his table.

 

“I’m sorry,” she said. “Look… I’m really not here as a musician. I….” She wet her suddenly dry lips. How the hell could she tell him? It would be a lot easier if Jiyong could see souls then she wouldn’t go to this length! “I… I know Sandara Park. And I know that she had an accident in the US and she is missing.”

 

Jiyong’s shoulders immediately tensed and his back straightened at the mention of his best friend’s name. And the fact that someone knows it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter