Chapter 13

(Darahae Ver.) Trapped With My Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment that Jiyong had started to believe that Sandara Park is still alive, a new surge of determination had filled him. Determination and hope.

 

He will find Dara no matter what happens. He will get his best friend back to her body. If that would be craziest thing he would believe, then so be it. He believes her. He believes that the man whom he had spoken to is really Sandara Park. There is no more doubt on his mind. Yes, it is impossible. No one would ever believe them but as long as Dara can return, then it would no longer matter.

 

He had been trying to settle his appointments after that day he had met Dara in Donghae’s body and as the same time trying to come up with a plan on how to trick Cha Seung-won into slipping where he is keeping her. Which is beyond zero chance. Cha Seung-won is not anything but calculating and concise. And who knows who is on his payroll to cover whatever he would be able to dig.

 

Dara confirming that her Uncle is hiding her body is a big step on uncovering his crimes. They just need a shot. But where to start? Who to trust?

 

“We’re going to Lee Donghae’s apartment,” he told his driver as he slid on the backseat. The driver nodded and started the car and Jiyong looked outside the window as they passed by rows of houses, deep in thought, his mind recalling what happened the past two days.

 

After concluding all this schedules the day he had met Sandara Park in Lee Donghae’s body, he immediately drove to his apartment hoping to speak to Dara again but found no answer no matter how many times he had knocked or rang the doorbell. Was it too early? Is Dara still out there? It’s only eight in the evening. He stood by the door on deep thought wondering if he should wait a little more but just decided to return tomorrow. Maybe Dara needs rest. He, instead, had driven to Dara’s house to see how her father is doing knowing that Dara would want to know that. He noticed that there are probably double the amount of bodyguards around the premises than the last time he remembered.

 

Dara’s father was again inside his daughter’s office sitting behind her big desk looking torn and tired as he just sat motionless on the chair looking into the distance. Jiyong had to knock on the table before Dara’s father noticed him.

 

“Ah, Jiyong. I apologize, I didn’t hear you come in.” He stood up from the chair and motioned for him to sit down on the sofa as he sat opposite him.

 

Jiyong smiled warmly as he sat down. “How are you doing, Mr. Park?”

 

Mr. Park smiled though it did not reach his eyes. “I would say I’m fine but I’m not.”

 

“Mr. Park,” Jiyong gently admonished him. “Dara would not want to see you like this. Have you even been eating?”

 

Mr. Park sighed heavily. “I don’t want to eat. I just want to know where my daughter is.” Now he sounded like he’s seconds in crying again. “I tried everything for someone to at least… give me something. I lied to the press when news of her missing spread because I thought it would just put her into more danger. I’ve waited for something… anyone to just call and ask for ransom or… just anything. Anything to let me know she’s safe and alive. How long should I wait, Jiyong?”

 

The pain on Dara’s dad is palpable and Jiyong could wish that he could tell him that Dara is still alive and Cha Seung-won is hiding her body but he shouldn’t. Dara’s father would ask a ton of questions and he had no choice but to answer with the truth. That Dara is a soul that is inhabiting a stranger’s body. And that she found out how her Uncle had tried to kill her.

 

Dara was right. Her father would believe it and no doubt will try to fight Cha Seung-won without a valid proof. It would just make Park Byunwoo unstable and Cha Seung-won would definitely take advantage of that to render him mentally incapable.

 

“I know Cha Seung-won had a hand on this,” Dara’s father continued. “I just don’t know to prove that.”

 

“Mr. Park,” Jiyong said. “I’ve already promised you. I’ll help you on this fight with Cha Seung-won—”

 

“No.” Dara’s father was shaking his head. “No. No, Jiyong. Last thing I would want is to see you harmed. Cha Seung-won is capable of anything.”

 

“Mr. Park—”

 

“Your company is still under CHA GLOBAL INDUSTRIES. He can destroy your career in a second and I do not want to see that.”

 

“Dara—”

 

“Would not want you to do anything that could jeopardize what you had worked for. I know I’m right.” Park Byunwoo’s eyes pierced him with a hard look. “You’re like a son to me, Jiyong and i don’t want to see you getting involved in this. This is my fight with Cha Seung-won. I’ll handle this.”

 

“Mr. Park, I appreciate your concern over me but I’m no longer a kid who had always asks for your help if my dad is not around. I was that kid who drops by to help you mow the lawn, to help you change the lightbulbs in your house. To help you try to calm Dara down during her tantrums. I am that kid.”

 

But Mr. Park just kept shaking his head. “No, Jiyong.”

 

Jiyong sighed knowing full well exactly where Dara had gotten her stubborness from. “Mr. Park….”

 

“I’m going to Cha Seung-won’s office to let him know he can have everything he wants. He just needs to return my daughter.” A look of determination crossed his face. “I know he has her. And if he doesn’t, I’m he sure he know who does.”

 

“No, don’t do that.” Now Jiyong was the one shaking his head. Dara’s father is eliminating any chance of getting her daughter back alive. “The only reason your daughter is alive is because you are fighting Cha Seung-won.”

 

Dara’s father froze and turned to him looking surprised not at what he said but how he said it.  

 

Now he slipped but he needs to make him understand. “Mr. Park… I also believe Cha Seung-won has her. And there’s a reason why… why we can’t find her. She is… I believe she is still alive but she’s… she’s probably in a coma.”

 

Dara’s father slowly leaned over, his eyes suddenly looking distrustful now.

 

“Your insistent on proving the divorce and the guardianship as falsified is the only reason he is keeping her alive.”

 

“How did you know about the divorce? How did you know about all that?”

 

Jiyong wet his lips before answering. “I overheard Cha Seung-won talking to his assistant.” He just hoped Mr. Park would believe his lie.

 

Dara’s father looked incredulous but he leaned back on the chair his expression turning resigned. “He falsified everything. I have no recollection of all those… damn documents. I did not divorce Suri. And I would never give up my rights to my own daughter.” He looked at Jiyong. “I would never give up my daughter to some… someone who already killed my wife.”

 

Jiyong nodded. “That’s exactly it. Mr. Park, as long as we are fighting the authenticity of those documents… we have a big chance of getting Dara back.” He saw Mr. Park’s forehead creased and he continued. “I know it’s probably not making any sense… but trust me on this, Mr. Park. I  would do anything to get Dara back. And this is what I think is the way of getting her back.” Because as long as Cha Seung-won  is not sure about his victory on gaining Dara’s money… he would need her alive. Dara was sure about that and Jiyong believes it as well. There’re questions still, but they’ll get there. The only important thing is keeping Cha Seung-won from killing her.

 

He was snapped out of his thoughts when his phone rang and he saw that it was the private investigator. “Yes?” He answered.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Kwon. I’ve found a witness.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara looked up at the sky basking in on the rays of the sun even though she could not feel it. She took a deep breath and she could just imagine smelling the fresh air of early morning. Who would’ve thought she could miss simple things like this? She used to hate going out in the sun. Now she promised herself that she would no longer take advantage of nature’s gift. She let out a smile as she lifted both her arms high. Then paused. Wait, what time is it? She had been doing this basking on the sun for so long now. After that little insanity last night, she had climbed up at the rooftop and spent the night here, which is as boring as hell. She had watched the people enjoying the night from the rooftop, laid on the groundfloor and counted the stars, wished she would have the ability to sleep, anything that could pass the time until she saw the glowing horizon where the sun will rise and watched in awe until it is fully up in the sky filling the earth with its light.

 

Is Donghae already awake at this time? Dara thought before deciding to check it out herself. If Donghae is already getting ready for work, she will put her foot down and demand that he take off work until he is better. She went to his apartment and slid through his door. It was already 8 in the morning based on Donghae’s old wall clock but she paused when she heard a soft piano music filling Donghae’s living room. Her eyes fell on Donghae’s open bedroom and she slowly walked over to sleathily peer in.

 

Donghae was playing music with his digital piano, a big headphones on his head as he pressed a series of keys creating a soft melody. She walked inside his room and watched him play, completely oblivious to her presence. He was humming along to the sound. And the sound is so beautiful that Dara put a hand over her heart. She could literally feel her heart thumping loudly, both from the music and from the guy creating that music.

 

Then he abruptly stopped.

 

Donghae felt a slight pull while he was playing the piano and he stopped trying to get a feel of it. Is Dara panicking on the rooftop? As if by instinct, he turned his head and found Dara behind him.

 

“Um… good morning?” Dara greeted when their eyes met.

 

Donghae’s forehead creased as he removed his headphones. There is nothing for her to panic about, maybe he was mistaken about that pull? “Hey.”

 

Dara smiled at him. “That was really beautiful.”

 

“Thanks.” Donghae studied her for a second before asking, “Are you done with whatever you’re doing at the rooftop?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I was worried when I woke up and didn’t find you in my living room. I thought you had ran off somewhere again and the dead souls had gotten a hold of you. I looked for you at the rooftop and found you imitating Jesus.”

 

She would’ve blushed if she can that he saw her doing some weird thing. Instead she made a face at him. “I’m not sure if that was a joke.” Then she bit her lip as she tried to ask nonchalantly. “You were… worried about me?”

 

“Yeah. Saving you was a lot of trouble,” Donghae answered.  “The before and after.”

 

She scowled at him. “Whatever. I was trying to feel the sun,” she explained belatedly. “Which of course didn’t happen. I just wanted to imagine feeling it because basically that is the only thing I can do to entertain myself. Can you imagine how bored I was?” She plopped on the bed just what she would’ve done if she had her body. “I was going out of my mind just counting the stars. I think I’ve stopped at six hundred thousand. If I had the internet, I would’ve been less bored.”

 

Donghae smirked at Dara ranting on his bed.

 

“I had even resorted to imagining how to punch my uncle’s nose out of his skull,” she continued. “It is the most entertainining moment of my life last night.” She exhaled sharply then looked at him. “Anyway, you’re not going to work right? Because you can’t.”

 

“I can’t?”

 

“Of course. You’re sick. You would need a day off to get better. Like I kept telling my employees, if you’re sick, just stay home. I would rather have them miss a day or two at work than seeing them on a hospital bed for weeks because they pushed themselves to the limit. I was a damn good boss.”

 

“Uh huh.” Donghae’s mouth twitched.

 

“I was. And I still am,” Dara insisted. “When I get back to my body. And to show you how good I am, once I get back in my body, I will help you get hired as a producer in VIP Records. And I will even have Jiyong buy your friends’ music.”

 

Donghae sighed sounding resigned before returning to his piano again.

 

“Hey. Jiyong trusts my musical taste,” Dara said. “And he trusts me.”

 

“I didn’t say he doesn’t,” Donghae just said readying his hands on the keys.

 

“No but your shoulders say it.”

 

Donghae craned his neck to look at her looking like he doesn’t know if he should laugh at that. “My shoulders?”

 

“Yeah, it’s looking stiff.”

 

“Because it is stiff,” Donghae answered returning his attention to the piano.

 

She scowled at him again but she didn’t say anything more as she waited for him to play the piano again. Minutes passed and his fingers are still hovering the keys. “Well?” she prompted. “Aren’t you gonna play yet? I’m the only audience you have here and I doubt you are the shy type.”

 

“Are you dating him?”

 

His question took her by surprise. “What?”

 

“No, never mind. I was just curious,” Donghae said. He started to play now but Dara couldn’t concentrate on that now. And she had the sudden urge to clear things up.

 

“No, I a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter