Rap Battle

Choerry’s Parents

The family of three sat down on the sofa in the living room during one of the weekends and they were getting bored under the sweltering weather. Two of them were about to melt under the unforgiving heat until the youngest one suggested to have a mini-competition between them. 

 

“Mummy, can we have a rap battle? I saw one of my classmates did that with her group of friends and it seemed fun. But the school bell rang before I could join them.” Little Choerry glanced up towards her mums with a bright smile. 

 

Looking down on her right lovingly, the blond parent smiled lovingly to her child and nodded her head, since there was nothing to keep her entertained in the meantime. However, her wife seemed to have a different take on it. 

 

“Can we do something else instead?” The owl hooted in deep annoyance while shuffling her feet on the ground. 

 

“Then mummy and I can start the game first. You can join later when you feel like it, okay?” The baby bat jumped in her seat as she couldn’t wait to beat her mum in the new game she came up with. 

 

The owl then shook her head in disdain while watching the two losers in the house battle it out. 

 

“Baby, which topic do you want to start with first?” Jinsoul chuckled as she re-lived the memories of her winning the school rapping competition back in her college days. 

 

“Hmm, since I’m hungry. Let’s start with food first?” The kid pleaded her mum not to leave her seat while she panicked over the hungry child. 

 

“I’ll go prepare food for you.” Jungeun tapped her wife’s shoulders as the woman began the heated competition with her child. 

 

What I want to eat now..

Bibimbap..

YaASss 

The blond parent pulled out her signature hand pose when she ended her lines, leaving her child in deep confusion as she tried to find an appropriate response to her mum’s dumb antics. Unfortunately, she couldn’t find any.

 

“Uh.. now’s my turn, mummy!” The girl was excited to start her turn while Jinsoul buried her head in shame. 

 

I want to eat..

Cabbage and Pig's feet..

I want everything..

ThANk YoU!!” 

The cheerful kid then followed after her parent’s footsteps after she was done ‘rapping’. 

 

Meanwhile, Jungeun simply stood at a nearby spot and laughed silently at what the two had to offer. 

 

Being sharp, Jinsoul called out to her wife and asked her to do a simple one-liner to save the embarrassing atmosphere circling around the apartment at that moment. After hesitating for a while, the shorter woman finally gave in to her request. 

 

“Rap no no no…” The owl spoke in tiny fonts while shaking her index finger to match her line before squawking out loudly. 

 

“YAHH!!” Jungeun threw tiny fists at her wife as her face heated up every passing second. The embarrassed adult then threw herself into the arms of her wife and continued clinging onto her as the child gobbles up pieces of apple on the table. 

 

“Should we try another topic?” Choerry was back to herself as she prepared for the next round. Just then, the doorbell rang. 

 

“I’ll go get it.” Jinsoul released herself from the tight hug of her wife to answer the call. To her pleasant surprise, it was her favorite dish. Tteokbokki. 

 

“Wow… thank you wifey.” Jinsoul returned to the two girls after she took the food package from the delivery man. 

 

“Yay! Food is here, thank you, mum!” Choerry gave a tight hug to her parents before settling down on her lunch. 

 

The other two women then fed each other as time ticks by.