Happy Birthday

Choerry’s Parents

It was the mum’s birthday so of course, the dumb pair of mother and daughter were going to come up with something for it. 

 

“You didn’t tell mum anything about whatever we planned, right?” The blond parent pulled her daughter close to her so all of what she whispered won’t be heard by the other party who’s in the other room of the house. 

 

“Nope, I kept it shut.” The girl zipped in a mischievous manner. 

 

“Good job! After this, I’ll be getting us pizza. So just wait for a while more, kay?” The mother shuffled her daughter’s hair softly as they got to the last steps of their preparation before surprising her wife. 

 

---

 

With a soft click of the door, the assistant director of the company found herself stuck in her room. Nothing extraordinary except for the sudden appearance of two different-sized Teletubbies standing still in front of her. 

 

“..what.” The woman didn’t budge from her seat as her eyes swept up and down at the green and purple figures for the next 15 minutes. 

 

Sensing no response from the woman who’s still on her seat, the taller one of the two handed her a bag of clothing to the woman and told her to wear it by a certain time. She then left the room with the little one quietly without any further words. 

 

After they left, the woman instantly knew what was going on when she took a look at the costume from the bag. Leaving her work behind, she went to the bathroom and changed into it before making her way back to the other two members of the family.

 

“How do I look?” The red figure waddled in her oversized outfit since she was not used to the sizing of the costume. 

 

“!!!” Her wife instantly picked up the signal and carried her wife off the ground without hesitation. She then walked next to the sofa to put her down. Flustered, the other woman whined loudly in annoyance, tired of being the one getting teased by the other grown-up. 

 

“1,2,3!! Happy birthday to Mum!” The purple Teletubby started to prance around the two adults while finishing it off with a cute dance with her arms stretched out in front of her. 

 

The red-eared mum looked on her child lovingly as she waited for her present from her wife, who seemingly disappeared during the one-man show presented by their daughter. 

 

“Jinsoul?” She turned her head back to witness her wife walking out of the kitchen with a huge box in her hand. 

 

“Hey baby, I have more for you later but let’s settle with this for now, kay?” The blond woman winked at her wife before setting the pizza on the table, which was well-received by the youngest member of the family. 

 

“Is it Hawaiian?” The fruit bat squeaked in delight.

 

“Yes, honey.” The older woman smiled softly at the child. 

 

---

 

After returning the three costumes rented from a nearby cosplay shop, the parents were on the way home and the two started a conversation until they reached the door of their apartment.

 

“By the way, when will your ears stop getting red? Are you swallowing the costume like a black hole? Besides, I may be into your universe if you continue doing that.” Jinsoul blurted out one of the pick-up lines that she learned from the internet after the parents cooed the child to bed early for school tomorrow. 

 

“..I can’t deal with this.” The flustered mum took off from her seat and whipped out her favorite ‘tired mum’ pose. 

 

The other lady simply pouted in response to her wife’s actions and pointed to one of her cheeks, which greatly softened the woman’s heart. 

 

“What do you want from me?”

 

“I want your love. Perfect love whoooo~~” The lady started singing, the melody of the song getting stuck in her wife’s memory as both reminisced the days when they were just dating during college days. 

 

After a few minutes, the blond woman was done singing her part, so she invited the other woman in joining her singing parade by carrying her into the guest room, a floor above the child’s bedroom so as not to disturb the little one. 

 

“I can walk on my own, thanks.” The woman started shuffling her feet towards the room when she felt her backward pulled to the ground. Yelping out loudly, a pair of arms grabbed her from behind with a quickie on her lips, instantly silencing the said woman. 

 

Blushing profusely, she did not mutter a single word even when she was put down safely on the sofa. 

 

“Why aren’t you talking?” The dumb wife asked. 

 

“She had the nerve to-” The owl simply stared off into the distance until she felt the presence of someone’s hair on her cheeks.

 

“Since when?” Kim Lip then started pulling herself away from the close distance between the two, but she was halted to a stop when her back reached the wall. 

 

“Happy birthday...sweetie..” A huge shadow overwhelmed her tiny body and enveloped her with a warm embrace that she couldn’t ask for in the previous few tiring weeks. Followed soon after was a memory both shared by no one else but themselves.