Blond Parents

Choerry’s Parents

“Choerry! How was school today?” A blond female ran up to her daughter as soon as she walked out of the school-gate. 

 

“Mummy, it was so fun. I made two friends in school today!!” The bubbly girl cheered up as she spoke. 

 

“So where do you want to have lunch?” Another blond woman caught up with the pace of the pair with several bags in her arms. 

 

“Hmm, I want to eat ttoekbokki. Can I have some of that, please?” The girl begged her mum and she quickly got approval.

 

“Yay, mummy. I love you best.” She hugged the arms of the mum with the bags. 

 

“What about me?” The other lady pouted and started showing off her aegyo in front of her kid. 

 

“Stop that, you’re making me embarrassed when you do that.” The little girl turned her back towards the woman who just put in an effort to beg for her daughter’s attention. 

 

“I could say the same LOL.” The blond woman sneered at her wife. 

 

“... Whatever, let’s just have food. We can’t let our daughter’s stomach go hungry right?” Jinsoul said in a concerned tone. 

 

---

 

After 30 minutes of walking, they arrived at a small eatery. It was no surprise that all the people there just paused whatever they were doing and stared at them as they walked into the store. 

 

Are they gangsters? Both have blond hair..

 

We’d better not talk to them as much as possible.

The other families were mumbling. 

 

The three didn’t mind at all as they took a seat of four at the inner side of the shop and ordered their food. 

 

“Hmm.. should I dye my hair to black? These people don’t seem to get used to our current hair color.” Jinsoul sighed as she managed to catch people still staring at her from a distance even after a few minutes of entering the shop.

 

“I think you’ll look great with black hair.” 

 

“But Doraemon doesn’t fit well with black hair… I don’t want to see a black Doraemon.” The kid denied the existence of her mum with black hair. 

 

“But Doraemon isn’t yellow as well. Yellow Doraemon just reminds me of Garfield. Both are yellow cats with weirdly-shaped bodies.” Kim Lip stated facts while scrolling through her phone for any updates on her clothing deliveries. 

 

“True.. how about mummy? What color do you want to get other than blond?” The question made by the little one made the mum stop using her phone. 

 

“For me, it would be ash purple? Or anything ashy, since I think I’ll look y in it.” The mum grinned as she thought about how youthful she would look in that kind of hair color.

 

“Hm, I agree with you. But your image still doesn’t change though. You’ll still be that weird mum.” Jinsoul cracked an evil laugh.

 

“Hey!” One mum pinched another’s arms across the table. 

 

“Speaking of which, why did both of you have your hair blond?” The girl asked the final question when the food was finally served onto the table. Both parents did not speak and started to gobble down their food, seemingly to avoid the question. 

 

Little Yerim then ate her food quietly when she saw how hungry her parents were. Did she perhaps ask the wrong question that her two loud and lively parents were suddenly this quiet? 

 

“Mummy, I’m sorry for asking a funny question.” Two little hands tugged the shirts of both parents as they avoided each other’s eye contact.

 

The shy parents then shrugged it off and said it’s another story for another bedtime story. 

 

“Then can it be today’s bedtime story?” The girl flashed a bat-smile at her parents who quickly turned away from each other. 

 

“Sure, just eat your food now. It’s going to get cold soon.” Jinsoul ushered the child to finish her meal so that they can continue their daily activities.

 

“Okay!”