The Second Knot

Our Red String

Dear diary,

Date: Wednesday, August 7th, 2019

 

     I've finished the first part of my job early today, so I decided to make an entry right now. I've realized I still haven't given you my name. But I believe that its irrelevant at the moment. I promise, however; that I will get to that detail eventually. 

     For the dramatic effect I will go into slight detail about the day I went in to fill an application. At the time I still didn't have my license, so I depended on my sister to drive me around. She had taken me to the library to quickly print the resumé I had written the previous night, as well and a photo I needed for the little gift I was planning for my whatever-he-was-lets-not-bother-with-him. Then on our way to the zoo, the weather decided to go to the dark side. If the downpour wasn't enough, the thunder overhead should have been taken as a sign to turn back. We went forward though. Down a desolate road with trees that stood high and curved into a tunnel. The canopy stopped most of the rain from falling, and once we were able to see through the windshield, we sat in awe of the peaceful scenery. Dim sunlight glimmered from the drops that did make it through the thick brush. It was almost dissappointing when we made it to the otherside. 

      When I got there the manager had me fill an application on the back register then immediately interviewed me. With no prior work experience I thought I was for sure going to get turned down but that wasn't the case. Yeri seemed to be in very good standing with them so I suppose that helped.  

     I got hired on the spot and there started the long five year journey. Yeri was very excited about this, she introduced me to all the staff but who she really wanted to introduce me to was Seo Joon. When I met this guy I was not impressed at all. In fact I believed he wasn't even good looking and had a pessimistic attitude. Honestly I was blinded by trash at the time, so I couldn't see. In fact I was more attracted to a manager that was there, he wasn't as tall as Seo Joon, but he was a really good worker and very handsome. The type of maturity with just enough confidence to seduce even the most stubborn of girls. Seo Joon however, did not have such a good impression of him, in fact he called the guy, and I quote, "A piece of . A pig," I didn't agree for the first three weeks of my training. Yeri agreed though, she always agreed to anything her prince said. 

      But of course, the day came where his true colors presented themseves. Yeri was training me on this day, my job entailed the following; making the diets for the 400+ animals in the park as well as being a keeper to 5 primates. I was finally starting to work by myself with still some help from her. This manager had decided to change the rotting roof of an enclosure I was in charge of, and he came to tell us. While at first we were happy the roof had finally been replaced, when we got there it was a totally different story. The man had done a great job, sure, but he wanted two girls to clean up the mess he had left behind. Mess is a very light description to be honest. It looked like a tornado had gone through this one area, it would have taken about four hours to clean it all up. The entire time we were cleaning, Yeri was cursing his existence. So was I. But not like her. It was hilarious, then I had noticed the time. I had fallen seriously behind on the diets so she decided to send me off to finish the job, while she called Seo Joon to help her. Of course she just wanted to be alone with him, haha. And I respected that. 

      We waited for him to arrive and when he did he couldn't believe that our manager had sent us girls to clean the natural disaster. He refused to let her pick up the heavy wheel barrows of debris. And was very vocal of his distaste in how we were being treated. That was one of the first times I found him to be attractive. One could tell he was raised right. He was a gentlemen, despite the other not so great flaws. I was happy for Yeri, I approved of him then and congratulated her for her good taste that night. She was very happy. 

       I've run out of time to write.. 

       I've got to get back to work but I promise to make another entry later tonight. Sorry this was such a short entry.